Author Topic: What are your thoughts on...  (Read 175 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
What are your thoughts on...
« on: January 14, 2021, 02:22:16 PM »
I didn't know how to title this thread, so I just titled it this...

I am curious to know what this forum thinks about certain topics. These topics can range from your simple thoughtful topics to the grand "Out There" topics.

Let's begin with one that could be considered the "Out There" Category...

What are your thoughts on Transhumanism...

Here's a good documentary on it...

Humans, Gods and Technology | VPRO documentary | 2017

I think this is a really interesting question of Science and Spirituality now criss-crossing and colliding. It's also interesting to see, how Stem Cells has changed science. I thought about this while listening to The Great Debate, and then seeing Distance Over Time, and it's cover art, and a interview I just watched where the interviewer said the D/T artwork references Shakespere and mentions "To be, or not to be." And that alone, made me ponder. Huh, it is....the AI looking at the extinct human, looking at what once was. And then putting Pain of Salvations concept "BE" into play and how Animus, came to be and then became so many, that they in turn made a satellite to find out whom they are, how god evolved into humans, and humans made something that became that god in search of who it is...and then you can put Ayreon and the Forevers (Are they AI, that's why they don't have emotions).... :omg: :omg: :omg:  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just looking at how Prosthetics have come to replace a lost limb, and how we have come to where we can control that prosthetic and tell it what to do with our minds. And now they are making prosthetic Organs...

My thoughts on this:
While it is beneficial for humanity, this crosses into the realm of spirituality, and what it means to be Human.

When the Japanese man asks that guy to come and touch the AI, and asks him "why is it weird" is exactly, that weirdness of the boundary of what is Human and what is Artificial...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I