Author Topic: Happy New Thread - v. Resolutions  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Happy New Thread - v. Resolutions
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:52:56 AM »
I think all around the globe we're in 2021 now, happy new year to my favourite online community! :)

It's almost 11 in the morning here. Hope everyone had a good night. Take care and hopefully this year will be better than the last!

:partyinpartyinyeah:

Also post your resolutions; I have yet to think of some :biggrin:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Happy New Thread - v. Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 04:09:40 AM »
Happy New Year DTF, the best community on ze internet!  :metal

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 04:17:56 AM »
Happy New Year!

My resolution is to eat less carbs and kick it up a notch on my exercise routine.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 04:30:30 AM »
Happy New Year, as per tradition of 5 years I slept threw it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh great - Kotowboy has posted. :(
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 04:39:05 AM »
I saw in the New year with jelly babies, coca cola, TNG on Netflix and a bar of chocolate.   ;D

I don't do parties and i'm straightedge so i'd rather have a nice coffee than an alcoholic bevvy.

Went to bed at 0130 and got up at 0800 so I could watch the new Discovery and have an early morning walk in the sunshine.  :D

Although I don't want to upset anyone - but in one year from today - it's 2020 II

-----------

As for resolutions - i've lived in the countryside near the beaches for 6 years now. I badly want to move back to the city - I last lived there 20 years ago almost exactly

and it was the last time I remember being truly happy. So yeah I kinda wanna try to recapture that.

Hopefully by the end of this year i'll be well on my way. :) #WishmeLuckPlease

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 04:58:01 AM »
Although I don't want to upset anyone - but in one year from today - it's 2020 II

Oh yeah, we’re definitely in for some shit still, but I’m positive that we’ll get better this year. Surely not right away. I mean, the world doesn’t work like that, but in a few months or before the end of the year, I hope stuff is better. I wonder how much of the world goes back to how it was before 2020, and how much of the current status quo will remain.

#WishmeLuckPlease

Good luck!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 05:35:52 AM »
 :tup

Well at least HE will no longer be in charge so that's one huge positive. :)

Offline WildRanger

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 05:43:23 AM »
Happy New year, 2021.
And let's send the previous year to garbage dump!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 06:06:57 AM »
Stayed at home because of the restrictions.

I dedicated the evening to my most important musical discovery of the year, Bruce Springsteen - watched his Broadway show on Netflix and the first song I heard in 2021 was The Rising, let's hope it's the year in which we'll rise above the pandemic.

Oh, and at midnight I screamed "Jumanji" to get out of the game  :biggrin:
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 06:33:00 AM »
I was asleep by 10pm. Woke up to 6 bones in my bank account. Well played 2021.

Happy new year you filthy animals.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 06:47:32 AM »
jingle.family made it to 12:10am.  Our usual routine is dinner and a movie, so we held to that ... just in the basement this year.  Played some games as well, and flipped back and forth between Ryan Seacrest and Andy Cohen/Anderson Cooper (funny to see the latter two really hammered).

Resolutions ... none really, just not gonna pound back the sweets and alcohol like I did in December.  I never really do "new year" resolutions - what's the point of waiting for Jan 1 if you want to make a change in yourself?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 07:13:47 AM »
Happy new year DTF!

Hmm resolutions.... I guess it's to keep up the new healthier lifestyle I started last year, which means exercising and cutting back on fat and sugar. I never touch alcohol anyway. I might even kick up the exercising a notch or two.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 07:55:39 AM »
Happy New Year DTF.

The wife and I spent the night eating various cheese and drinking some champagne, nothing crazy.

As for new years resolutions, to lose weight (I have a bet with my brother on this one), get better at guitar, and save enough so I can get a weekend car.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2021, 08:00:56 AM »
Happy New Year DTF peeps!

Here's to a boring year!  :metal

Resolutions - Diet and exercise.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 09:47:36 AM »
 :D I need to lighten up ! It's winter time in the UK and I get really bad panic and anxiety which doesn't help when there's hardly any daylight.

But I promise a lot of my posts are heavily sarcastic and it's hard to tell in text form.  :xbones

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 10:01:18 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2021, 10:02:44 AM »
:D I need to lighten up ! It's winter time in the UK and I get really bad panic and anxiety which doesn't help when there's hardly any daylight.

But I promise a lot of my posts are heavily sarcastic and it's hard to tell in text form.  :xbones

I dunno if you know this already, but they make special lights for seasonal affective disorder. Not sure how easy they are to get in the UK but I'm sure they're around. They seem to help quite a bit, but don't use them if you have a diagnosis of bi-polar disorder, as it might mess with the manic/hypomanic episodes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »
Resolutions:

1. If Open Mic is ever allowed again in my area, I would like to try that

2. Get to Blue Belt in jiu jitsu

3. Do ayahuasca or psilocybin and try to heal unresolved childhood issues

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 10:11:02 AM »
I don't know if i'm bipolar but I do crave daylight. I can't sit indoors if it's sunny outside.

Offline Adami

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 10:18:39 AM »
I don't know if i'm bipolar but I do crave daylight. I can't sit indoors if it's sunny outside.

Then I’d say look at the therapeutic lights. They’re pretty helpful for just that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »
😊

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2021, 10:32:21 AM »
Wow, I'm only now seeing I accidentally named this thread 'Happy New Thread' instead of 'Happy New Year' :lol
Squ

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY THREAD
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2021, 10:36:04 AM »
Eh it still works

Offline dparrott

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 10:59:50 AM »
Looking forward to a full year of sports again!  No sports last summer really sucked.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »
Looking forward to a full year of sports again!  No sports last summer really sucked.

Amen brutha, aaaaaaaamen!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2021, 12:37:01 PM »
Wow, I'm only now seeing I accidentally named this thread 'Happy New Thread' instead of 'Happy New Year' :lol

My brain didn't realize it and basically autocorrected it in my head, 'cause I didn't notice it until you wrote it  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2021, 01:30:57 PM »

Not to derail this thread, we can take it to pm, but have you done ayahuasca or psilocybin?

Offline Lethean

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2021, 06:11:56 PM »
Revenge319's resolution: to finish his roulette before... the pandemic is over? :)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2021, 06:17:20 PM »

Not to derail this thread, we can take it to pm, but have you done ayahuasca or psilocybin?

Just sent u a pm

If it didn’t go through just let me know and i can send it again

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2021, 03:18:52 AM »
I quit making New Years resolutions about 20 years ago.  They're pointless.  If I need to change something about myself, I change it, I don't save it up so I can change it based on some calendar date. 

That said, I don't begrudge anyone for doing it.  In 1996 I smoked my last cigarette on New Year's Eve and haven't smoked (um tobacco, that is  ;)  ) since.  So resolutions can certainly be useful.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:06:32 AM by kirksnosehair »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2021, 03:33:31 AM »
I think the symbolic date for resolutions in that at the beginning of the year, you can set a goal for yourself that you achieve by the end of the year.

Also post your resolutions; I have yet to think of some :biggrin:

Okay then;

- practice guitar every single day for at least half an hour - preferably more. If not 'practice', then at least 'play'
(bit of a pointless goal, since I did this in 2020 as well - every day except for December 25th)

- spend more time studying

- I really want to get going as a session player, but people have no idea I even exist, so I have to find a way to get that started up some way. I know because of the pandemic there's barely any opportunities to play anyway and there's probably tons of people eager to jump in when something gets available, but I feel like I really want to spend time and effort to get to play with random others in basically whatever projects are there

- also record more music, because I want to get better at that
Squ

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2021, 09:43:11 AM »
I'm in a weird mood this year; I generally don't do "resolutions" - I'm with Barry and Chad on this - but this year in particular.  We stayed home and honestly I didn't even watch the festivities.   I got tired in November of the "2020 sucks!" tropes and in the last week there hasn't been a year end show that didn't use the word "hope" 15,000 times.  "Hope" is not a strategy.  Things don't change just because the year/date changes.   We still think the other side is a bunch of loonies/racists/commies/deplorables, we're still pointing fingers at the other guy while making our own choices that suit us best (the same thing the other guy is doing, if you didn't pick up on that), we're still burying our faces in our phones, we're still letting social media drive our choices...

I don't know; I'm not a negative person, I still, even after 53 years, believe anything is possible, but hearing about Andy Cohen (who I like, generally, and who should absolutely know better) getting hammered and screaming at Bill DiBlasio on national TV tells me that 2020, 2021, 2022... it's all going to be the same.   

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2021, 06:13:07 AM »
Not a resolution, per se, but in the last couple of years I have developed a very, very strong disgust with social media in general, but Twitter in particular.  It's a fucking cesspool.  I started avoiding it and actually removed the app from my iPhone last year and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.  My level of missing it is somewhere between 0 and less than 0. 

Facebook isn't quite as bad and I need it to keep in touch with my kid/grandkids but even on there, I scroll past more ignorant fucking stupidity than I can sometimes believe.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2021, 06:31:54 AM »
Not a resolution, per se, but in the last couple of years I have developed a very, very strong disgust with social media in general, but Twitter in particular.  It's a fucking cesspool.  I started avoiding it and actually removed the app from my iPhone last year and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.  My level of missing it is somewhere between 0 and less than 0. 

Facebook isn't quite as bad and I need it to keep in touch with my kid/grandkids but even on there, I scroll past more ignorant fucking stupidity than I can sometimes believe.

I signed up for Twitter and IG years, but never - NEVER - use them.  Pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of posts I've made at each there, and never proactively go there to find "information" or whatever.  FB is the same for me.  It's a way that I can keep in touch (actively and/or passively) with people who I don't often talk with or (pre COVID) see.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion