Author Topic: Ytsejam Records shutting down... little help?  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Ytsejam Records shutting down... little help?
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 10:08:01 AM »
Speaking of things going away suddenly, I just tried to visit the old MP forum (which had existed in archive form since he closed it) and it looks like the archive is now gone as well.

Which may be why that storefront closed down...

Offline HOF

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2021, 10:26:45 AM »
Speaking of things going away suddenly, I just tried to visit the old MP forum (which had existed in archive form since he closed it) and it looks like the archive is now gone as well.

Yeah, it occurred to me there could be a connection. Maybe MP is just tired of paying for hosting for a bunch of sites that aren’t producing much if any revenue. Too bad since I would occasionally still look up old posts on the forum (which was why I stopped by there today).

Online pg1067

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2021, 11:43:29 AM »
The Tourography and FAQ sections also appear to be gone from MP's site.  Hope those things aren't permanent because they are valuable sources of information.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2021, 02:57:44 PM »

Except MP has had nothing to do with YJR since the split. I do think, however, that they may have used the same webmaster.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2021, 04:26:58 PM »
This thread inspired me. I've been listening to all the ytsejam releases the past couple days. I own all 18 of the DT ones and the LTE box. These releases were definitely some of the highlights for me of the 2003-2009 era. I love the demos (listening to the WDADU ones now). I've missed this kind of stuff. Hoping something similar is coming soon. Would love to hear "Making Of"s or Demos or Live shows from the past 10 years.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2021, 05:54:39 PM »
Except MP has had nothing to do with YJR since the split. I do think, however, that they may have used the same webmaster.
Correct.

I've missed this kind of stuff. Hoping something similar is coming soon. Would love to hear "Making Of"s or Demos or Live shows from the past 10 years.
Fully agree. I doubt we would get Making Of's, but I can imagine the possibility of demos or live shows. While the live shows have essentially been static since 2014, I could still see them releasing several single and complete shows from the MM-era. In particular, the Dramatic tour had A/B setlists for most legs, and each leg seemed to have a somewhat different setlist from the previous one. So I could imagine them putting out 2 or 3 shows from that tour, a 2015 show where they did something from each album, an Astonishing show and one of the shows from the final leg of the 2017 tour that included DLPM and TLF, as well as the video from the Budokan show.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2021, 08:42:21 PM »
Those are all fantastic ideas.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online Volante99

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2021, 11:08:36 PM »
The only things I never got were the LTE DVDs.  Always figured I eventually would "some day," but never did.  Oh well.  As Peter MC said, they were never anything I "needed" all that badly.  So while I would like to have them for completeness sake, not a big deal.

That's where I was at and then pulled the trigger about two years ago.

While everyone had "plenty of time" to buy these, not everyone was in a position where they could. A little warning from the band would have been nice.

I don't disagree that some warning would have been nice.  But any lack of notice isn't on "the band."  As pointed out, they didn't control YJR.  That was a Portnoy thing.  So I would slightly modify what you wrote to say "a little notice from MP would have been nice." 

Portnoy has had nothing to do with it since he left the band. He's said so multiple times.

Prior to that it was solely his thing as far as compiling the releases. JP handled the business end with getting the CDs printed and pressed, also noted by MP.

:lol  But certainly we can make this Portnoy’s fault SOMEHOW right?

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2021, 05:52:04 AM »
Those are all fantastic ideas.
which I'd all buy in a heartbeat. More MM era shows? Yes please.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2021, 07:27:41 AM »
I've missed this kind of stuff. Hoping something similar is coming soon. Would love to hear "Making Of"s or Demos or Live shows from the past 10 years.
Fully agree. I doubt we would get Making Of's, but I can imagine the possibility of demos or live shows. While the live shows have essentially been static since 2014, I could still see them releasing several single and complete shows from the MM-era. In particular, the Dramatic tour had A/B setlists for most legs, and each leg seemed to have a somewhat different setlist from the previous one. So I could imagine them putting out 2 or 3 shows from that tour, a 2015 show where they did something from each album, an Astonishing show and one of the shows from the final leg of the 2017 tour that included DLPM and TLF, as well as the video from the Budokan show.
You should be running Ytsejam Records now.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »
Portnoy has had nothing to do with it since he left the band. He's said so multiple times.

Prior to that it was solely his thing as far as compiling the releases. JP handled the business end with getting the CDs printed and pressed, also noted by MP.
Well, it is the DTF way after all (as Blob so eloquently says in my signature).  ::)

Kind of you to say that, but the best I could ever do is make suggestions.  :)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2021, 10:36:22 AM »
Yes.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »
*raises hand* I'll do it!
WELP.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2021, 11:32:35 AM »

Well, it is the DTF way after all (as Blob so eloquently says in my signature).  ::)

No it's not.

If you're so unhappy with this place why do you continue to post here?

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »
No it's not.
Oh puh-leeze! Lighten up Francis!  :facepalm:

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2021, 07:13:25 PM »
No it's not.

Way to ignore the other part of my post. You clearly don't have much good to say about this place so you're free to leave.

Or you can lighten up and stop talking shit about DTF.

Online Volante99

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2021, 08:59:09 PM »
No it's not.

Way to ignore the other part of my post. You clearly don't have much good to say about this place so you're free to leave.

Or you can lighten up and stop talking shit about DTF.

Fellas calm down! Don’t let Mike Portnoy divide us all. That’s what Mike Portnoy wants.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2021, 09:03:35 PM »
Fellas calm down! Don’t let Mike Portnoy divide us all. That’s what Mike Portnoy wants.

This made me laugh.

Mike Portnoy can’t be bargained with. Mike Portnoy can’t be reasoned with. Mike Portnoy doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline frogprog

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2021, 12:21:03 PM »
The power of Mike Portnoy compels me

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:04 PM »
 :lol

Just don't replace Christ's name with Portnoy's if you're going to quote the scene with the crucifix.