Author Topic: Classic Rock Laser Shows (in St. Louis)  (Read 427 times)

Offline pg1067

Classic Rock Laser Shows (in St. Louis)
« on: July 01, 2021, 09:34:14 AM »
Good stuff over the next couple weeks:

https://www.slsc.org/event-overviews/laser-light-shows/
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Classic Rock Laser Shows (in St. Louis)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 09:52:46 AM »
enjoy bro   looks like a good time
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 09:59:56 AM »
The Boston Museum of Science used to do these all the time.  The had a Rush night a few times.  It was awesome.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 07:51:11 PM »
Damn, I didn't realize the Science Center was doing these again. A bunch of friends and I used to go to those all the time back in the 90's.  I swear I dozed off to Us and Them both times we saw the Dark Side one.  :lol :lol  That song is so relaxing already, and then you sit in those comfy chairs with the lights off and the lasers and it's like...

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 08:43:08 PM »
All I think about when I hear laser show is the incredibly old and cheesy show that the National Shrine of Our Lady of Snows does for their Christmas show. It's quite possibly the first laser show ever created and year after year after year after year after year they just never update it or change it. It's so corny. When the boys were young we'd go every year and it was brutal to sit through.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 09:26:26 PM »
Saw one of these... man, I cannot honestly recall when it was or who I was with*. I do know it was Floyd's The Wall though. Was a fun experience, but not something I felt like I'd ever need to do again.

edit a couple hours later... I just remembered who I saw that show with. Now there's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 10:38:48 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 09:13:00 AM »
They used to do these at Griffith Park Observatory in Los Angeles.  It was called "LASERIUM!"  I know I went at least once, but I don't remember what the show was or with whom I went.  I'm sure I was heavily lubricated, which would not have been a good thing driving the roads up to the Observatory.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
They used to do these at Griffith Park Observatory in Los Angeles.  It was called "LASERIUM!"  I know I went at least once, but I don't remember what the show was or with whom I went.  I'm sure I was heavily lubricated, which would not have been a good thing driving the roads up to the Observatory.

Hey, I know where that is.  That's near the Greek Theater.  Yeah, I don't drive up those roads to the theater, I just take a shuttle (which is part of the parking pass if you park at a certain area far enough from the theater) and let the driver handle that on their end.

Offline HOF

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »
I saw a Dark Side of the Moon laser show years back. It was a pretty cool experience and would probably go see one again depending on what the music is. 

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 09:50:32 PM »
I used to go to these sometimes in High School back in the early-mid 90's.

The Planetarium in downtown Minneapolis put them on regularly on Weekends.

The Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall were staples, especially Dark Side. I saw that, a Led Zeppelin and a Rush one from memory. And I recall Jimi Hendrix once.

I have no idea if they still do them, or if it died out awhile back.