Author Topic: IMAGES, WORDS & BEYOND LIVE IN JAPAN 2017 Online video stream 30/01/21 7pm EST  (Read 25850 times)

Offline Trav86

I saw it when it was on YouTube. I still bought it. They’re still my favorite band. Why not?  I’ll see if I can download it. If I can’t, that’s fine.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
You know what sucks...

My card is declining on this site, yet it works everywhere else. WTF?!!....Sent them a message wondering what the hell it's about and going to hit up my bank tomorrow. Don't see why it's declining online but not when I go out to town.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
FYI, sometimes card issuers will block particular transactions if they are "coded" a certain way and sometimes card issuers will block particular vendors for the same reason.   

I had a work credit card once that oddly wouldn't accept transactions at pharmacies.

Offline Ben_Jamin

FYI, sometimes card issuers will block particular transactions if they are "coded" a certain way and sometimes card issuers will block particular vendors for the same reason.   

I had a work credit card once that oddly wouldn't accept transactions at pharmacies.

Thanks for the info...

Found out why....Apparently, it's billing to Great Britain. I looked at the websites FAQ's and it says to call your bank if unsuccessful.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
I'll admit I saw Primus a few weeks back, but it was a one off laid back kind of affair which was pretty cool.

Offline Peter Mc

Wasn't up on this show at the time, and didn't care much to follow it. I am sure I checked out the setlist at some point, but looking at it again... man that is a random first set.

I know what you mean but it was better in reality than it looks on paper.  I remember seeing the set and not being too excited about it..  On the night though, I was blown away by it.  I remember saying to my mate in the intermission that I would have been perfectly happy with that as the whole concert and would have felt I got my money’s worth but we still had I&W plus ACOS to come!

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
Re: Big Announcement coming tomorrow Dec 22nd, 2020
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2021, 08:56:48 PM »
Russell Allan ?

Wasn't he the singer in the abysmal Adrenaline Mob ? The most generic 'metal' band i've ever heard ?

Fuck that. I'd take Labrie on his worst day over that.

You should probably get out more, if Adrenaline Mob is "the most generic 'metal' band [you've] ever heard"   How many have you heard? 3?

I can't see how any band can get more generic and 'video game menu music' than " Feel The Adrenaline "...

I like that :lol That's kind of the vibe I got when I listened to like half of one song of theirs years ago.

Anyway, this Budokan thing. I'd really consider paying for it, but I can't watch anything in peace until like 11pm. Oh well :(
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Currently, I plan to buy this.  Yeah, I'd like a physical product that I could pop in and watch any time as well.  But the reality is that, as said, the band do not own or control this product.  And even if they did, it's their decision.  This is not the ideal format for me, or how I generally like to consume music.  But as someone who really wanted to see this tour, and circumstances did not permit it to happen, I look forward to seeing this.  I wouldn't drop $16 for a stream on any sort of regular basis.  But for the rare thing like this, it's still cheaper than a concert ticket.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

But the reality is that, as said, the band do not own or control this product

:lol :lol :lol :lol

That just cracks me up. As people were pointing fingers at the band. Which is why I really wish us fans would really learn about the music industry and how it works. So we would understand, it's not the bands choice whether this broadcast gets a physical release from them.

I bought this, so I can relive that tour, at least some of the songs, in good audio. I had missed when it was posted on Youtube. And $40 isn't that much to me, to be paying for a Q&A after the show. I paid Devin Townsend like $30 for his Crappy Halloween Show.  :lol

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
This is in about an hour. I decided to take the plunge. We'll see how it goes.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I have not received the link  :huh:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline gzarruk

To those able to watch it, please post any new/cool info they reveal on the Q&A :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Skeever

I just started it, definitely a few minutes behind. Sounds quality is good, visual quality is not quite as good as I had hoped but definitely watchable.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
I just started it, definitely a few minutes behind. Sounds quality is good, visual quality is not quite as good as I had hoped but definitely watchable.
They're playing Breaking All Illusions now.

I largely agree with the above. Video is in 1080p for the most part, a few (likely) streaming issues here and there. Audio is solid.

James has had a few issues in the first set with his vocals. JP with a mistake in The Gift Music solo. Otherwise, great so far.

To those able to watch it, please post any new/cool info they reveal on the Q&A :metal

Sure.

I have not received the link  :huh:

I got my link at ~2am US EST this morning.

edit: Intermission between sets is 'Viper King'.  HAHA
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:01:20 PM by ResultsMayVary »

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Definitely enjoying this. They're on Another Day right now, and I think James has sounded great. I don't understand the complaints against him year after year. This is just what he sounds like.

Band has been tight. Stream is totally worth it for me!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Just caught up to The Bigger Picture and came back on Another Day. Will watch the whole thing later on when I can get better internet connection. Mine is buffering every other second, cheap hotspot connection as my data hit the limit.

I'll try and remember what they say during the Q and A

Online faizoff

So if I purchase this now I can watch it once only right in the given window?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
So if I purchase this now I can watch it once only right in the given window?

I think you get until January 6 to watch it on demand.

Dates
BROADCAST January 30th at 7:00pm EST

LIMITED VOD January 31st at 7:00pm EST - February 6th at 11:59pm EST

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Man, LaBrie is killing it on Learning To Live.

Offline geeeemo

ACOS. Hea-vy. Sounds so good. This song just gets better and better for me. Recently it surpassed Octavarium as my no 1.
Goodbye :'(

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
ACOS. Hea-vy. Sounds so good. This song just gets better and better for me. Recently it surpassed Octavarium as my no 1.
Goodbye :'(

JP's tone in this era just adds another layer to ACOS' heaviness.

Offline Trav86

The best representation of ACOS for me. When the Another Life section kicks in...with the lights cranked up. Goosebumps.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Ben_Jamin

That was great to reminisce...That bass was excellent.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Man, JP's tone was something on that tour. Great show overall. James rebounded from my early show criticism.

Offline Ben_Jamin

The guys didn't remember much anything about the show... :lol :lol

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
The guys didn't remember much anything about the show... :lol :lol
Besides Rich Chycki's (sp?) daughter and her Japanese boyfriend.

A lot of banter and BBQ talk so far. And MM always counting time signatures, even in his sleep.

Offline Ben_Jamin

John do you smoke? (didn't mention which John) (about BBQ)

JM: Yeah?

JR: Well What?

:lol :lol

Offline Shadow2222

Did I miss how to ask a question?
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Did I miss how to ask a question?

You have to click the open chat button in the top right.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
MM just mentioned The Bigger Picture was from The Astonshing and JP had to correct him. And JR says he forgot what song it was originally while watching the show.

edit: JR mentions the "Lost Not Forgotten" archives to be released which includes this show streamed tonight plus other shows.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Lost Not Forgotten Archives is the new Ytsejam

Offline Shadow2222

Yes! Lost not Forgotten Archives coming soon-ish with Budokan as the first release! Successor to YtseJam
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Lost Not Forgotten  :metal hyped

Offline Ben_Jamin

I bet it'd be on Bandcamp.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Yes! Lost not Forgotten Archives coming soon-ish with Budokan as the first release! Successor to YtseJam
Just the Images and Words portion of the show, per JP.