Author Topic: IMAGES, WORDS & BEYOND LIVE IN JAPAN 2017 Online video stream 30/01/21 7pm EST  (Read 25847 times)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Big Announcement coming tomorrow Dec 22nd, 2020
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »
Russell Allan ?

Wasn't he the singer in the abysmal Adrenaline Mob ? The most generic 'metal' band i've ever heard ?

Fuck that. I'd take Labrie on his worst day over that.

You should probably get out more, if Adrenaline Mob is "the most generic 'metal' band [you've] ever heard"   How many have you heard? 3?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2020, 02:18:30 PM »
Yeah at least put it on YT sometime later.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2020, 02:19:02 PM »
Russell Allan ?

Wasn't he the singer in the abysmal Adrenaline Mob ? The most generic 'metal' band i've ever heard ?

Fuck that. I'd take Labrie on his worst day over that.

You should probably get out more, if Adrenaline Mob is "the most generic 'metal' band [you've] ever heard"   How many have you heard? 3?

I can't see how any band can get more generic and 'video game menu music' than " Feel The Adrenaline "...

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »
I hereby make a promise.

If the announcement is that Mangini is fired and Portnoy has rejoined the group - i'll post pictures of myself in my underpants.

Signed : David Oakes. December 22nd 2020.  ;D

YOUR EYES ARE SAFE THIS TIME DTF !!!!! :getoffmylawn:

Online The Letter M

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2020, 02:19:59 PM »

Someone in the Twitter post suggested putting the audio on bandcamp, and that would be a nice idea. I'd consider buying that sooner than I would the stream. At least then I can actually own *something*.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2020, 02:21:04 PM »

Someone in the Twitter post suggested putting the audio on bandcamp, and that would be a nice idea. I'd consider buying that sooner than I would the stream. At least then I can actually own *something*.

-Marc.

Yes. i'm not gonna pay for a stream which might be 240p because everyone is watching at once and might cut out now and then... It's too risky.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »
sigh...  Never enough.

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2020, 02:33:43 PM »
Yeah, not interested. Would pay for the MP3s though.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2020, 02:34:38 PM »
So, I’m old. Where will I be able to watch this? And is it possible to watch it on my smart TV? And you can only watch it for a week, you can’t download it?
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2020, 02:38:32 PM »
Yeah, not really interested in paying for limited access to this show.  If they put it out as a proper release or even a basic no frills thing through the official bootleg store, I would buy it but not a one-off stream.

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2020, 02:45:47 PM »
Paying streaming concert happened 3 years ago? No thanks.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2020, 02:47:57 PM »

I thought they'd already make the announcement by now.

Portnoy. Sherinian. Chris Collins. Charlie Dominici should form an ex DT band.

I guess Kevin Moore already quit them too?

-Marc.

Side note, Kevin Moore is now a certified Psychiatrist, had no clue he went to med school and completed his residency and is now practicing. 

https://www.trinityhealth.org/providers/kevin-moore/

Looks like he takes the time to help people learn to live.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2020, 03:02:28 PM »
Dream Theater
Details   
Filmed at the historic Nippon Budokan in Tokyo, Japan, in September of 2017, this historic performance has never before been released worldwide.  January 30th, 2021 marks the first official release from Dream Theater’s ‘Images, Words & Beyond’ tour, featuring a live performance of the classic album, ‘Images & Words’, captured in its entirety during their September 11th, 2017 appearance in Tokyo. Don’t miss this presentation, in full HD, initially broadcast only for Japanese audiences, and now for the first time available to audiences worldwide.

Dates
BROADCAST January 30th at 7:00pm EST

LIMITED VOD January 31st at 7:00pm EST - February 6th at 11:59pm EST

Note: You must complete playback before the end time

We do not issue refunds or exchanges after the shipment or delivery of a product (electronic, physical or otherwise)

Dream Theater - Broadcast
Regular price
$16.00

---
Dream Theater - Broadcast + Poster + Moderated Q&A Aftershow
Regular price
$45.00

Purchase tickets here: https://store.livefrom.events/collections/dream-theater

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2020, 03:09:04 PM »
So, I’m old.

1. Where will I be able to watch this?
2. And is it possible to watch it on my smart TV?
3. And you can only watch it for a week, you can’t download it?

I will address your questions here:

1. In your laptop/pc
2. If you have a smart TV you can mirror it to the TV
3. You can watch it for as long as it is made available by the band, YOU CAN download it ONLY if you know how to do it, but a download it is not available by the band/organizer of the stream.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
That's more expensive than any stream I've seen so far and I've seen that concert already, so I'll pass.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
That's more expensive than any stream I've seen so far and I've seen that concert already, so I'll pass.

I'll pass too, I already have this on my laptop

Offline Trav86

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2020, 03:35:02 PM »
So, I’m old.

1. Where will I be able to watch this?
2. And is it possible to watch it on my smart TV?
3. And you can only watch it for a week, you can’t download it?

I will address your questions here:

1. In your laptop/pc
2. If you have a smart TV you can mirror it to the TV
3. You can watch it for as long as it is made available by the band, YOU CAN download it ONLY if you know how to do it, but a download it is not available by the band/organizer of the stream.

Thank you.
Can't we find the minds

Offline emtee

Sorry DT but I have to pass on this. I would have bought a physical copy though.

Offline Lupton

Online stream only available for a limited time? Totally passing on this.

Offline NoFred

Yeah ugh, nice to see more being offered but hard to jump in without ultimately getting a copy of the audio

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Online stream only available for a limited time? Totally passing on this.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Is that little 1 minute teaser in the announcement the official mix? It's pretty.....not great.

But yea, as others have said....skip. Though for free, I would've checked it out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online faizoff

I'm going to watch. I'm hoping there's going to be a physical release down the line as well.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Interested and intrigued, but not for a limited stream at $16.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline erwinrafael

This is the band just testing the waters as it looks like touring would be postponed for at least half a year. If it does well, maybe they will do a livestream series of concerts to temporarily replace the tour.

Offline geeeemo

I bought the package with the poster. I am traveling that day and probably won't be able to join the post show. But I wanted to support the band.

Offline Lupton

I like the idea of a virtual concert. But if people are paying for a streaming live show it should probably be much the same as buying a ticket to see an old fashioned "brick and mortar"  :lol concert. To clarify, I'd be interested in paying $16 to see a concert that is actually happening in the moment (or even delayed a few hours to a day for technical reasons). IMO I'm much more warm to the idea of buying a limited stream to a "live" (or very recently played show) than I am to a legacy show that's already out there.  :huh: Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why I think this way?

At the same time I think for them (the band) this may turn to out to be financially smart move, so I can't fault them for doing what they do to bring in the $$ even if it's success ends up setting a precedent for less physical releases  :-[ . In any case, the option is there for those who are interested in the 2017 show and that's all good.  It's also nice to see that DT have fans that just want to support them too. :tup  Well deserved IMO

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
 :facepalm:

My god you people are picky as hell... :biggrin:  :corn :chill

$16 dollars is not bad at all for a live stream, compared to what I have seen. And that doesn't include any other "extras".

I am going to get the higher price because I want to watch the Q&A.

Also, I did not see this Proshot video on Youtube when it was available there. I missed that opportunity and didn't feel like digging for it. Now, this is a great chance for me to see this show. And get to see a great proshot of The Gift Of Music and A Life Left Behind. Could there be a possibility they mixed this a bit better, than when it was on Youtube?

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Trav86

$16 dollars is not bad at all for a live stream, compared to what I have seen. And that doesn't include any other "extras".

Also, I did not see this Proshot video on Youtube when it was available there. I missed that opportunity and didn't feel like digging for it. Now, this is a great chance for me to see this show. And get to see a great proshot of The Gift Of Music and A Life Left Behind. Could there be a possibility they mixed this a bit better, than when it was on Youtube?

FYI, A Life Left Behind isn’t on there. It’s Our New World. And the version I’ve seen is shot great and sounds great.
Can't we find the minds

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods

FYI, A Life Left Behind isn’t on there. It’s Our New World. And the version I’ve seen is shot great and sounds great.

Oh ok. I thought it was A Life Left Behind. Got it confused with the Start of the tour in Europe.

:tup

As I said, I haven't seen it. And I will gladly pay for an official version of it. The band pulled it for a reason. And it's good they did, as we got this. Reminds me of IQ, when they released their Show of Resistance as a stream, and then actually released it as a cd, and now are trying to release it as a DVD. Hopefully, if enough people are interesting in watching, maybe they'll make a cd/dvd package as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
I have less than no interest in paying to see a stream of a concert that happened 3 years ago.  Now if they offer it as some kind of digital file that I can download and check out at home on a day and time of my choosing, and that I can have to view whenever I want, like a DVD, then I'd gladly cough up more than $16.  Or even for an mp3 version, I'd be willing to pay.  But for a "live" stream I can only view one time?  Nope.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Thanks but no thanks.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have less than no interest in paying to see a stream of a concert that happened 3 years ago.  Now if they offer it as some kind of digital file that I can download and check out at home on a day and time of my choosing, and that I can have to view whenever I want, like a DVD, then I'd gladly cough up more than $16.  Or even for an mp3 version, I'd be willing to pay.  But for a "live" stream I can only view one time?  Nope.

This. Not in a "never enough LOL" kinda way either. For £16 I want to own the thing.

I've had a few of my fave bands do things that are loads of £ for something you can't even physically own or get separately later etc. It's a bit annoying.

One time - Therapy? remastered their famously bright sounding album Nurse - but the only way to hear/get it - was to buy a £150 career retrospective.

Nope. Or that time they released an acoustic live album - but you could only get it by ordering it from the website with £5 postage on top and no

samples / previews. So you had no idea how it sounded until it arrived. Nah i'll pass..
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:12:52 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I won't be paying for this.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ErHaO

Yeah... I love DT and all, but many bands have done amazing live streams at this point, both small and big artists. They should put it up for actual (digital) sale (both video and audio). Either that, or they should enter the studio and, you know, do an actual livestream, in my opinion.

And I swear I have seen this already on youtube years back.