Author Topic: IMAGES, WORDS & BEYOND LIVE IN JAPAN 2017 Online video stream 30/01/21 7pm EST  (Read 25987 times)

Offline IgnotusPerIgnotium

Re: Big Announcement coming tomorrow Dec 22nd, 2020
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2020, 04:26:31 AM »
Weird timing for sure, but for all we know, it's gonna be a Xmas gift, hence the release right before Christmas!
Actually that makes sense. It would be a nice bonus for those that wanted it. I wonder if it's going to be a physical release or something in a digital/streaming format only.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2020, 06:06:24 AM »
My guess is that whatever it is it will be released to help the crew members through something similar to Bandcamp

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2020, 06:29:38 AM »
My guess is that whatever it is it will be released to help the crew members through something similar to Bandcamp

Why not! it could be half Xmas gift half "pay what you want" to support the crew....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2020, 06:53:29 AM »
Half of the comments on Facebook are  :facepalm:

Same on Twitter.  I can't believe people take time away from their jobs, their lives, their families... to post some of that crap.  You kids, get off my lawn!  :)

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »

Same on Twitter.  I can't believe people take time away from their jobs, their lives, their families... to post some of that crap.  You kids, get off my lawn!  :)
that's humans for you. (I had to take on a Roger Watersian position here.) I'm not that kind of person, so I don't understand why people do this (as you don't) Anyway, I'm looking very much forward to this, since I attended the tour and I loved it.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2020, 07:55:32 AM »
 "At this point in time Dream Theater would like to welcome Portnoy BACK to the family and to present our new vocalist Russel Allen. Our new album is already being prepared, and sounds amazing so far!!! It will be a prog epic with a storyline that will be told in three albums, starting with our 2021 release."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2020, 08:08:36 AM »
"At this point in time Dream Theater would like to welcome Portnoy BACK to the family and to present our new vocalist Russel Allen. Our new album is already being prepared, and sounds amazing so far!!! It will be a prog epic with a storyline that will be told in three albums, starting with our 2021 release."

:rollin :rollin :rollin

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2020, 08:20:27 AM »

"New band announced, featuring three ex-Dream Theater members: Mike Mangini, James LaBrie and Derek Sherinian join forces on new supergroup Apollo's Aftermath. Rudy Sarzo and Eric Gilette to join them on bass and lead guitars respectively"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:27 AM »

"New band announced, featuring three ex-Dream Theater members: Mike Mangini, James LaBrie and Derek Sherinian join forces on new supergroup Apollo's Aftermath. Rudy Sarzo and Eric Gilette to join them on bass and lead guitars respectively"

I'm only half joking, but if Russell Allen is the replacement, it was nice knowing you guys.  Good luck and godspeed in your lives!  :)

(I'm not and never was on the Russell Allen bandwagon; I like most of his work with Ayreon, but that's about it.)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2020, 09:00:18 AM »
I hereby make a promise.

If the announcement is that Mangini is fired and Portnoy has rejoined the group - i'll post pictures of myself in my underpants.

Signed : David Oakes. December 22nd 2020.  ;D

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2020, 09:07:04 AM »
Weird timing for sure, but for all we know, it's gonna be a Xmas gift, hence the release right before Christmas!
Actually that makes sense. It would be a nice bonus for those that wanted it. I wonder if it's going to be a physical release or something in a digital/streaming format only.
If it's a physical release, it's too late for Christmas since nobody would be receiving their orders until mid-January or later.
That being said, it would be well worth the wait. I'd much rather have the physical copy and watch it on a big screen and stereo.  It is a great time for DT to be releasing as much material as possible right now since they can't tour. They gotta make a living somehow and I'll buy anything they release. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2020, 09:10:53 AM »

I'm only half joking, but if Russell Allen is the replacement, it was nice knowing you guys.  Good luck and godspeed in your lives!  :)

(I'm not and never was on the Russell Allen bandwagon; I like most of his work with Ayreon, but that's about it.)

I am and I guess he's probably the only other singer in the world that could convince me to check out a JLBless DT album.

Having said that, if James goes, I go. After so many years, it's simple as that for me. Of course the curiosity to check out the new album would be there, but the downgrade to "band of which I am fan" to "eh, one day or the other I will check it out" would be immediate.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2020, 09:19:00 AM »
How about Apollo's Aftermath? Will you guys follow them?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2020, 09:21:30 AM »
It is a great time for DT to be releasing as much material as possible right now since they can't tour. They gotta make a living somehow and I'll buy anything they release.

Truth. Billie Joe Armstrong released the Green Day album - an album of cover songs and The Network album this year.

There's no excuse to do NOTHING.  With all the extra free time - bands should be putting out way MORE material . Not Way LESS.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »
Maybe we'll see a resurrection of YtseJam Records with this release?
I don't know, since it's a "big announcement", I think Inside Out will be involved.

Apollo's Aftermath would be another cool side project! :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2020, 09:38:44 AM »
They should call themselves Daughters Of Dionysus.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2020, 09:46:13 AM »
They should call themselves Daughters Of Dionysus.

-Marc.

:D :D :D :D :D :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2020, 09:47:12 AM »
Portnoy. Sherinian. Chris Collins. Charlie Dominici should form an ex DT band.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2020, 09:50:23 AM »

I guess Kevin Moore already quit them too?

-Marc.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2020, 09:51:49 AM »
I forgot about KevMo - was just gonna add him on.

Then they'd have 2 keys players and 2 "singers"...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »

It could be like the old THRAK-era King Crimson with the Double Trio! Imagine the key layers and the vocal harmonies! It could be out of this world!

-Marc.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »
It is strange timing for this, or any announcement, considering they just released a live album, but I'll take as much DT as they wanna give me!
Something similar happened in 2013. So maybe.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2020, 10:19:42 AM »

I am and I guess he's probably the only other singer in the world that could convince me to check out a JLBless DT album.

Having said that, if James goes, I go. After so many years, it's simple as that for me. Of course the curiosity to check out the new album would be there, but the downgrade to "band of which I am fan" to "eh, one day or the other I will check it out" would be immediate.

In all seriousness, that's where I'll be.  I won't write it off, but James is a big, BIG part of why I love DT, and why I still listen to them.   I listened to I&W the other day and it took me only about four minutes to remember why I fell for this band to begin with.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

It could be like the old THRAK-era King Crimson with the Double Trio! Imagine the key layers and the vocal harmonies! It could be out of this world!

-Marc.

I thought of that too, though I also thought of Yes' Onion configuration too.  :) :)

Offline faizoff

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »

I thought they'd already make the announcement by now.

-Marc.

Side note, Kevin Moore is now a certified Psychiatrist, had no clue he went to med school and completed his residency and is now practicing. 

https://www.trinityhealth.org/providers/kevin-moore/
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2020, 11:39:15 AM »

Given that the announcement for the announcement was around 630pm EST, I'm sure we will know by then, so hopefully some time within the next five hours, we'll know.

-Marc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2020, 11:51:37 AM »

-Marc.

Side note, Kevin Moore is now a certified Psychiatrist, had no clue he went to med school and completed his residency and is now practicing. 

https://www.trinityhealth.org/providers/kevin-moore/

"Dr. Moore has a background as a professional musician, initially as a member of a successful rock band and later as a solo recording artist and soundtrack composer."

I don't know; "A successful rock band" could be anybody....   ;) :) :)

Seriously, though, the guy gets around.  From Long Island, he gets is Doctorate from Iowa, does his psych. residency in Middletown NY (upstate from NYC), then practices in North Dakota. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 11:57:47 AM by Stadler »

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2020, 12:58:45 PM »

Twitter is a digital cesspool.  Full stop.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2020, 01:13:15 PM »
Seriously, though, the guy gets around.  From Long Island, he gets is Doctorate from Iowa, does his psych. residency in Middletown NY (upstate from NYC), then practices in North Dakota.
Don't forget moving across the country after leaving DT, then moving to Costa Rica and then to Turkey, pretty much every album in between the first Chroma Key and the last OSI was made all across the globe :hefdaddy

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »
Twitter is a digital cesspool.  Full stop.

Farce Book is way worse.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
It would be super weird to release another live show but people seem convinced so maybe it is.  I would love to see it if JLB sounds ok on it.  He was exceptional at the show I saw on that tour.  It’s up there with the best I’ve ever seen DT so would love a record of that tour.

As for Russell Allen, good lord no!  Such a generic metal singer, powerful voice yes but lacking in any subtlety or uniqueness.  If they were going to replace JLB (and I don’t believe they would) my choice right now would be Brittney Hayes/Slayes from Unleash The Archers.  I believe she is the greatest metal singer on the planet right now.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2020, 01:48:11 PM »
It would be super weird to release another live show but people seem convinced so maybe it is.  I would love to see it if JLB sounds ok on it. 
It might seem a bit weird, but I can see it happening as some have already mentioned - whether similar to the 2013 fan club release (torrented), through Bandcamp like the Xmas medley they just did (other for crew members or others) or maybe some sort of streaming. As much as I would love to have a physical CD set or DVD in my hands, I just can't see that happening. But having an officially released product - in whatever fashion - will be nice to have.

I'm just curious as to what they're gonna call it. It could be "Live at Budokan 2017", but I much prefer "Back to Budokan" which has a nice ring to it. Or maybe it will something tied to the title of the tour, like "Images, Words and Beyond Live".

He was exceptional at the show I saw on that tour.
Was this before or after you started wearing earplugs to concerts?   :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2020, 01:51:36 PM »
Russell Allan ?

Wasn't he the singer in the abysmal Adrenaline Mob ? The most generic 'metal' band i've ever heard ?

Fuck that. I'd take Labrie on his worst day over that.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2020, 01:54:49 PM »
These last couple of years have been some of the most fruitful in DT history. One of their best albums of the decade followed by one of their best live albums in general, and now we're (maybe) getting a random live release for Christmas or something? Pretty sweet.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2020, 02:07:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/dreamtheaternet/status/1341489826168713221?s=19

IMAGES, WORDS & BEYOND LIVE IN JAPAN 2017

Online video stream 30/01/21 at 7pm EST, get tickets here: https://t.co/ejSGqHQDot

#DreamTheater #ImagesWordsAndBeyond #LiveinJapan https://t.co/g4ND5UgXj6

Not gonna lie, I was hoping it was ANYTHING BUT a pay-per-view stream. I'd rather pay for a BD/CD set.

-Marc.