Author Topic: Rave the Reqviem  (Read 538 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Rave the Reqviem
« on: December 21, 2020, 09:41:44 AM »
Anyone ever hear of this band?  I think this is the first time a youtube targeted ad actually got me. Not only did I click the ad and watch the music video, I then watched all their videos and bought their new album that recently came out on Amazon and really dig it. 

I can safely say this isn't prog and definitely not something everyone here would like.  Very similar to Amaranthe with multiple singers, a poppy techno style placed ontop of metal music.  Also from Sweden it seems. 

Anyway, if you like poppy metal, check them out:

Rave The Reqviem - Holy Homicide

Rave The Reqviem - Colossvs

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Rave the Reqviem
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 09:57:09 AM »
I was at the small festival they headlined last year, but I was there to see another band (Temperance), so I left before they started their set and spend ~15 minutes talking to Temperance guys instead before leaving the venue. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 10:00:24 AM »
I was at the small festival they headlined last year, but I was there to see another band (Temperance), so I left before they started their set and spend ~15 minutes talking to Temperance guys instead before leaving the venue. :lol

Not sure they would be for you  :lol but that's still pretty cool. I could see those two bands playing together.  I wonder how this band is live...

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 10:11:15 AM »

Anyone ever hear of this band?  I think this is the first time a youtube targeted ad actually got me. Not only did I click the ad and watch the music video, I then watched all their videos and bought their new album that recently came out on Amazon and really dig it. 

I can safely say this isn't prog and definitely not something everyone here would like.  Very similar to Amaranthe with multiple singers, a poppy techno style placed ontop of metal music.  Also from Sweden it seems. 

Anyway, if you like poppy metal, check them out:

Rave The Reqviem - Holy Homicide

Rave The Reqviem - Colossvs

I'm digging that first track.  I will have to check out some more.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 10:01:52 AM »
Got my friend hooked on this band last weekend, now I'm starting to dig further... looks like they've already had 3 different female singers with the original being the main guy's... mom?!

This song is awesome too with the previous singer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZWo4lg9nxY

and I really like this song with the Mom singing, although this is definitely more industrial and not really symphonic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXjaqLpR4wA

and also this live video is pretty cool too, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXpWf1pCIm4

I think I'll be buying the rest of their discography soon enough

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 01:09:38 PM »
New music video, love this song

Rave The Reqviem - Phantom Pain