Author Topic: DT show in Rock in Rio 2022  (Read 9024 times)

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
DT show in Rock in Rio 2022
« on: December 15, 2020, 07:05:31 PM »
https://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-br/line-up/
A bit surreal if you ask me. Unfortunately there's a great possibility of the target audience of the festival won't be vaccinated in Brazil until september.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:32:40 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Dedalus

Re: First DT show in 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 07:08:43 PM »
https://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-br/line-up/
A bit surreal if you ask me. Unfortunately there's a great possibility of the target audience of the festival won't be vaccinated in Brazil until september.

No fucking way  :lol

Online devieira73

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
The lineup is amazing though. And I think DT could make a 2 hour show being the second to last. But I still doubt it will gonna happen :'(

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 08:09:03 PM »
:icwomangs:

I need to go to Rio.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »
I know DT just released Distant Memories but man, it would be amazing if they record this show if it happens. I love Iron Maiden's Rock in Rio live album.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
I just saw this on a DT facebook group and somebody said it's going to be an online concert. I'd be really cool if it's live but March isn't too far from now and things haven't got too much better for concerts/large groups of people gathering.

Anyway, if this ends up happening, I bet they'll premiere their newest single(s) from DT15 :metal

EDIT: Apparently I thought the festival was in March, but it's in September, so the album should definitely be out by then.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:59:58 PM by gzarruk »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 10:44:01 PM »
If I can, I am going! :metal

Offline Hypnotherapist

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 06:55:21 AM »
I just saw this on a DT facebook group and somebody said it's going to be an online concert. I'd be really cool if it's live but March isn't too far from now and things haven't got too much better for concerts/large groups of people gathering.

Anyway, if this ends up happening, I bet they'll premiere their newest single(s) from DT15 :metal

EDIT: Apparently I thought the festival was in March, but it's in September, so the album should definitely be out by then.
Local informations, for now, does not confirm whether the shows will be online. Pre-sale of tickets is scheduled for March (I believe we already have more information by then). And YES, we won't have vaccines for everyone here until September.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 07:11:16 AM »
Not to rain on everyone's parade of excitement, but... am I the only one who is now in disbelief about concerts, with all the uncertainty? I mean, whenever I see a concert announced of a band I like, I'm no longer like "yay! save the date! better get a ticket!", but more "eh, I'll believe it when I'll see it". I haven't bought a single concert ticket and I probably won't until I know they're definitively happening.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 07:42:52 AM »
Does DT being second on that list mean that they will get the second-highest amount of time? If so, it's kind of crazy to see them listed above a band like Megadeth, who have a decent amount of name recognition even outside of the heavy metal world. Even if not, still great to see DT being listed among titans.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 08:08:30 AM »
Not to rain on everyone's parade of excitement, but... am I the only one who is now in disbelief about concerts, with all the uncertainty? I mean, whenever I see a concert announced of a band I like, I'm no longer like "yay! save the date! better get a ticket!", but more "eh, I'll believe it when I'll see it". I haven't bought a single concert ticket and I probably won't until I know they're definitively happening.

Yeah, completely agree. The other day I saw an announcement for a tour with Epica and Apocalyptica... in 2022 :eek

It's crazy how we're about to end the year, yet there's still big uncertainty about how next year is going to be.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 08:42:31 AM »
Does DT being second on that list mean that they will get the second-highest amount of time? If so, it's kind of crazy to see them listed above a band like Megadeth, who have a decent amount of name recognition even outside of the heavy metal world. Even if not, still great to see DT being listed among titans.

Could just be Mustaine doesn't want to be playing that long, so Dream Theater was next as they don't mind playing that long. Could be DT are bigger than Megadeth, now in South America.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Hypnotherapist

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »

Could just be Mustaine doesn't want to be playing that long, so Dream Theater was next as they don't mind playing that long. Could be DT are bigger than Megadeth, now in South America.
I believe you are right. In fact, the last DT shows had a greater public appeal than the last ones by Megadeth (It should be noted that, at least here in Brazil, the places that the promoters allocated the shows were also bigger)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 10:12:43 AM »

Could be that DT has opened for IM before and that's how they got 2nd billing.  Just speculating of course.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online devieira73

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2020, 10:14:34 AM »
As a brazilian, it seems to me also that DT is a bit more popular than Megadeth here.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 10:31:47 AM »
Is that even the full line up?

Online devieira73

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 11:03:04 AM »
I believe it is, as for the main stage, in the "metal day".

Offline Astrogildson

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »

This is the line up for the main stage. Whitesnake, as an example, played a secondary stage in 2019.

Line up for other stages has not been revealed yet

Online Mladen

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2020, 03:49:22 PM »
What a brutal line up.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 07:08:16 PM »
As a brazilian, it seems to me also that DT is a bit more popular than Megadeth here.

Not sure about that... The pride of having Kiko in Megadeth might be stronger and more appealing to the average brazilian metal fan... xD

On the other side DT almost had Aquiles  ;D

@Hypnotherapist: Nelson??

Offline Hypnotherapist

Re: Primeiro show de DT em 2021
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 06:03:05 AM »

Not sure about that... The pride of having Kiko in Megadeth might be stronger and more appealing to the average brazilian metal fan... xD

Yeahhhhhh "Fala" Lucas, All right? Yes, I gave a "resurrected"  :lol :lol How long (from our old forum ... and of course from our meetings at the shows).

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 07:29:21 AM »

Yeahhhhhh "Fala" Lucas, All right? Yes, I gave a "resurrected"  :lol :lol How long (from our old forum ... and of course from our meetings at the shows).

Great to see you here! Yeah, good old times in the Ytse-Meetings and the old forum  :metal :metal

(Já podem mudar o idioma oficial do tópico para pt-br  :biggrin:)

Online devieira73

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2020, 06:12:33 PM »
Well, how to make it even better?
https://rockinrio.com/rio/line-up/palco/palco-sunset/
In this stage, the shows are before the ones in the main stage. And they will add more, for sure. If the Covid situation won't cancel everything, this will be one of most memorable nights of the history of this festival!

Offline Hypnotherapist

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 06:13:41 AM »

Great to see you here! Yeah, good old times in the Ytse-Meetings and the old forum  :metal :metal

(Já podem mudar o idioma oficial do tópico para pt-br  :biggrin:)
Hahaha, many stories to tell from that time, would make a loooong film  :corn. (Yes ... they can change the title of the topic and also our source. Now we are alligators right  :facepalm:)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2020, 07:03:21 PM »

I'm more like even if there IS a concert I want to see, I'm automatically dismissing it for at least a few years. I really prefer to have some kind of track record before I dive back in again.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »
Anyone ever been to Rock in Rio?  I've never even contemplated going to a festival like this, and am curious about logistics.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online devieira73

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 05:58:58 PM »
Rock in Rio was postponed to september/2022.:
https://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/musica/noticia/2021/03/04/rock-in-rio-e-adiado-para-setembro-de-2022-por-causa-da-pandemia-de-covid-19.ghtml
It wasn’t confirmed if the already announced artists will be in this new date.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 07:30:33 PM »
 :'( :(

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 08:49:21 PM »
Wow, that was fast  :-\

Let's just hope DT15 isn't delayed any longer due to the lack of touring :'(

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 08:31:52 AM »
Let's just hope DT15 isn't delayed any longer due to the lack of touring :'(

oh no, please no

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2021, 11:46:22 PM »
It was just announced that DT will perform at Rock In Rio 2022.

https://www.facebook.com/142258389139112/posts/4462004297164478/?d=n

Online devieira73

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2021, 05:31:35 AM »
It was just announced that DT will perform at Rock In Rio 2022.

https://www.facebook.com/142258389139112/posts/4462004297164478/?d=n

I hope all be fine until then…killer line-up!!!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2021, 07:27:30 AM »
Dang, I wish they would bring this lineup to North America for a stadium tour!  Instead, we get Motley Crue and Def Leppard..  🙃
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 07:52:43 AM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2021, 08:23:25 AM »
Dang, I wish they would bring this lineup to North America for a stadium tour!  Instead, we get Motley Crue and Def Leppard..  🙃

Agreed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2021, 09:40:31 AM »
Well we already got Iron Maiden / Dream Theater to tour the US.  But of course, I wouldn't complain if they did it again (and added Megadeth as the opener   ;D )