15 (12.5%)
Whataburger
2 (1.7%)
In-n-Out
5 (4.2%)
Other (discuss in comments)
19 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Best Fast Food  (Read 30299 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: Best Fast Food
« Reply #630 on: March 17, 2023, 02:58:32 PM »
I often go to panda express and I’ve never once had the orange chicken. General Zau’s chicken…broccoli beef…sweet and sour chicken. Those are my go to’s.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #631 on: March 21, 2023, 11:02:42 AM »
This is more of a rant, but figured why not do it here...

I haven't had Subway in a very long time.  I'm a Jersey Mikes guy when it comes to getting a cold cut sandwich these days.  Anyway, I got sheet of coupons in the mail for Subway and figured, let me go use one at the Subway near work.  The coupon is $9 for a footlong meal.  I go to the Subway and ask before ordering to the sandwich maker if they take the coupon (coupon states "at participating subways") and he says let me ask, goes into the back and comes out saying yes.  He then makes my Italian BMT sandwich.  I go to pay, and the guy who he asked in the back is now out front and ringing me up.  He says they don't take the coupon, but will give me a deal and charge me $10.  I say well the coupon says 9, he then says he can't take the coupon but its the same thing because 9 with tax is 10 (although the register still showed 10, plus tax was 10.65  :lol) So one last time I ask, so are you going to honor the coupon or not?  He says yes but he can't do it at 9 and then shows me how much it costs without "his deal" which was like 14... (who tf is paying 14 for a subway sandwich?).  I call him an asshole and left him with my sandwich. 

Now this was on top of another dollar incident last night.  Before the Nemophila show, I had to pee really badly and the doors weren't open yet.  Figured, let me go to the bar down the street.  I'll grab a drink while I wait for doors and use the bathroom.  Get a beer, its 8 dollars.  I give him a 10, he takes it and goes to the register.  Doesn't come back.  The bar is mostly empty. He just then chills waiting for the next customer.  After a few minutes, just to make sure it's not a "me" thing, I ask him for my change.  He only gives me 1 dollar.  I took my piss and left.  Why must everyone be so petty to me about a dollar.  I would have given the guy a dollar tip for serving me a drink anyway.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #632 on: March 21, 2023, 11:34:38 AM »
I'm with you, Marc.  I would've walked out of that Subway too (not for nothing, a waitress at a local bar/restaurant I used to go to got fired for running a scan along those lines), and as for the bartender, that's MY call whether I tip or not and how much. 

I don't care if it's only a dollar, it's the principle of it. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #633 on: March 21, 2023, 01:16:26 PM »
All this Panda Express talk had me flashing back to high school when some friends and I would walk to the mall to get Sarku Japan once a week. Chicken Teriyaki over noodles, double meat, and ask them to hit it with an extra ladle of the sauce.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #634 on: March 21, 2023, 01:43:40 PM »
All this Panda Express talk had me flashing back to high school when some friends and I would walk to the mall to get Sarku Japan once a week. Chicken Teriyaki over noodles, double meat, and ask them to hit it with an extra ladle of the sauce.

Oh man that sounds so amazing right now

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #635 on: March 21, 2023, 01:59:35 PM »
Forgot about Sarku, do those still even exist?  I really enjoyed going there when I lived in my old apartment near one.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #636 on: April 07, 2023, 03:06:34 PM »
Del Taco garlic parmesan fries  :metal :metal :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online faizoff

« Reply #637 on: April 07, 2023, 03:48:41 PM »
While not really fast food, I grilled some Nathan's hot dogs last night and man did those taste good. I know at this point hot dogs are basically recycled garbage but ignorance is bliss  ;D
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #638 on: April 07, 2023, 04:18:23 PM »
The ... closer to Stockton, the better.

Something which is almost never true in any other context.   :biggrin:

Ain't that the fucking truth  :lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #639 on: May 03, 2023, 09:05:41 AM »
Made some smash burgers the other day and this time I cooked the pattie with a little mustard, which apparently In N Out does for their animal burger. Have to say it came out quite good that way, might keep cooking it that way.
The French burger buns that Publix makes in their bakery daily make this all a very tasty burger. I saw a video of a chef who put the toppings at the bottom ("Bottomings") of the buns because it apparently holds the burger better and I think he was right.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #640 on: May 03, 2023, 09:25:08 AM »
Looks good!  We smoked some ribs this weekend and used mustard as the binder for the dry rub.  They were - literally - the best ribs I've ever eaten (I'm giving credit to my step son, not bragging on myself).

I like the roll choice there a lot.  I made smash burgers Monday night, no mustard though.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #641 on: May 03, 2023, 09:25:29 AM »
I've always put mustard on the bottom bun specifically to commingle with the juice from the burger. Works best that way. As for toppings on the bottom, it depends on the toppings. O/L/T will work better that way simply because they'll stay cool while the patty will stay hot. For my part, when I make a burger I've usually got hot toppings, so on top makes the most sense.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online faizoff

« Reply #642 on: May 04, 2023, 05:44:26 AM »
I do have to try out more toppings other than the usual suspects.

I triple stacked it yesterday and used Munster cheese this time. I overcooked the patties a bit, came out a bit dry but still tasted good.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #643 on: May 04, 2023, 05:28:51 PM »
For the CT folks out there I've been finding myself at Nardelli's during my work travels. Something about the Italian with Everything on it just hits the spot. I think it's the diced pickles.

YES!!!!!!!!

That's my exact order when I go; I used to eat there more often when my daughter was at school in Wallingford.  I will still sometimes stop on my way to Ridgefield to see a show.

Hell yeah, glad to see I'm in good company. Which one do you stop at? I'm guessing like most places there may be some locations better than others. I've only been to the Newtown Road one in Danbury and the Main Avenue one in Norwalk.

I've been to the Danbury one; but usually I go to the one in Wallingford (I think it's Wallingford; it's on Rte. 5) and the one right off I-84 in Waterbury.

So I tried the Danbury location and not the best Italian with everything I've had there but it was still good. I need to try the others you mentioned but that Norwalk one nails the ratio of ingredients every time.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #644 on: May 05, 2023, 07:17:46 AM »
For the CT folks out there I've been finding myself at Nardelli's during my work travels. Something about the Italian with Everything on it just hits the spot. I think it's the diced pickles.

YES!!!!!!!!

That's my exact order when I go; I used to eat there more often when my daughter was at school in Wallingford.  I will still sometimes stop on my way to Ridgefield to see a show.

Hell yeah, glad to see I'm in good company. Which one do you stop at? I'm guessing like most places there may be some locations better than others. I've only been to the Newtown Road one in Danbury and the Main Avenue one in Norwalk.

I've been to the Danbury one; but usually I go to the one in Wallingford (I think it's Wallingford; it's on Rte. 5) and the one right off I-84 in Waterbury.

So I tried the Danbury location and not the best Italian with everything I've had there but it was still good. I need to try the others you mentioned but that Norwalk one nails the ratio of ingredients every time.

They're opening a new one in Enfield (northernmost town on I-91 before you enter Massachusetts). 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #645 on: May 07, 2023, 09:15:45 AM »
I’m still in Florida visiting my granddaughter, and last night I was invited to Culver’s for the first time. My wife had raved about their fries when she ate there in Texas.  I had a classic “butter burger”.  It was really good! I give them a big thumbs up!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #646 on: June 20, 2023, 01:52:46 PM »
Since fast food is on topic in the pissed off thread it got me thinking. My thoughts on Panera haven't really changed. A little underwhelming for what they charge. On the road I'll go into one if I want a quick breakfast--a muffin, coffee, and free internet to plan for the day. I ducked into one on the road late at night, however, when I needed a salad to go with leftover pizza. Decent enough Greek salad, but I got a side of mac and cheese, and damn, they do that very well. Easily the best sandwich shop M&C I've come across. Most just taste like slightly better Kraft. This actually tasted like the real deal. Went back in for a quick sandwich while covering some ground, and reverted back to my original stance. The M&C was quite good, the sandwich wasn't bad at all, and with a drink I was out nearly $20. For fast food.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: June 20, 2023, 02:02:30 PM »
My gf has been telling me the Panera mac and cheese is great, but Panera is just never a spot I have much interest in going to, and it's not because I dislike it, it's just not good enough for the price of a soup and sandwich. I'd be more open to going there for lunch every once in awhile to change it up regardless but my coworker hates it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #648 on: June 20, 2023, 02:45:24 PM »
Someone (maybe someone here) described Panera as “overpriced hospital food” and I think that’s very accurate.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #649 on: June 20, 2023, 03:04:25 PM »
Arby's is the best. The smokehouse brisket sandwich is 10/10.

Taco Bell is consistently good.

And you can't go wrong with old reliable with McD's.

Burger King can be so hit or miss, if they were more consistent, they would rival TB.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2023, 03:05:42 PM »
I don't know who here suggested it, but doing the Big Mac with extra meat is a fucking stroke of genius and my go to now.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2023, 03:06:07 PM »
On Panera, their food is quite good but way to expensive. I do all my tutoring there so I sometimes will try something.

Barto is correct, their mac and cheese is a tier above the rest. Their Kitchen Sink Cookie is also stellar.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: June 20, 2023, 03:08:11 PM »
I don't know who here suggested it, but doing the Big Mac with extra meat is a fucking stroke of genius and my go to now.

hmm never thought of doing that before...

TB just can't be beat as my favorite fast food and they opened one near work making it the closest food spot to my desk and I go there more than I'd like to admit.  Finally signed up for their app to earn points since I go there enough to warrant it these days.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #653 on: June 20, 2023, 03:09:47 PM »

I like a lot of sauce on my burger, I feel like this would mess up the ratio.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #654 on: June 20, 2023, 03:17:19 PM »
I've long maintained that their chicken sandwich mops the floor with CFA. And since they're not a cult you can get in and out with one in a couple of minutes. Down here you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a respectable brisket sandwich, though, so Arby's would never fill that need for me.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #655 on: June 20, 2023, 03:25:28 PM »
Someone (maybe someone here) described Panera as “overpriced hospital food” and I think that’s very accurate.

I'll buy that.  My daughter likes the grilled cheese/tomato soup combo, though.  I also found an unused Panera gift card lying around recently, so the next one's free!

I think the Arby's commercials make everything look good.  However, and no offense intended, I'm not sure I can give a lot of credibility to someone who uses "consistently good" and "Taco Bell" in the same sentence!   :biggrin:  What's odd is that, for all the commercials they run, I can't think of a single Arby's location near me...checking Google Maps...closest one to my house is over 7 miles away, but it looks like there's one only a few miles from my office.

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #656 on: June 20, 2023, 03:25:34 PM »
TB just can't be beat as my favorite fast food and they opened one near work making it the closest food spot to my desk and I go there more than I'd like to admit.  Finally signed up for their app to earn points since I go there enough to warrant it these days.

If you get to the Fire tier on the Taco Bell app, after ordering enough through the app, they just give you a lot of options to pick for a free item every time you hit the 250 pt. mark and it seems very effortless to get those points.

As for Arby's, I want to go there often, but the closest one near me doesn't accept online orders and I'm not one to drive there to ask for a order and risk having them to scan my phone for the coupon and then they tell me they won't accept the deal.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2023, 03:41:34 PM »

If you order through the kiosk you can adjust ratios of everything, sauce, meat, pickles, etc... The meat is 1.60 extra per patty. I usually do 3 total, 4 seems overkill.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #658 on: June 20, 2023, 03:47:07 PM »
I haven't had on in a long, long time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #659 on: June 20, 2023, 03:58:53 PM »

If you order through the kiosk you can adjust ratios of everything, sauce, meat, pickles, etc... The meat is 1.60 extra per patty. I usually do 3 total, 4 seems overkill.

Three patties probably gets you to 1/4 pound after cooking and four would get you to about 1/3 pound.  Each patty is 1/10 pound before cooking.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2023, 04:01:37 PM »

Three patties probably gets you to 1/4 pound after cooking and four would get you to about 1/3 pound.  Each patty is 1/10 pound before cooking.

That's right!

I remember getting sent to the freezer to get the 10:1 meat.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2023, 05:43:41 PM »
I think the Arby's commercials make everything look good.  However, and no offense intended, I'm not sure I can give a lot of credibility to someone who uses "consistently good" and "Taco Bell" in the same sentence!   :biggrin:

I am deeply offended. I meant that they are reliable for what they are.

@Barto: I bet you can find much better brisket, but for fast food, that sandwich hits all the right notes for me.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: June 20, 2023, 06:17:20 PM »

That's hilarious, and I cannot remember the last time I've had their food. My mom loves it there, a Panera gift card is my default gift for her. She worked in a hospital for decades, so maybe there is something to that description.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jammindude

« Reply #663 on: June 21, 2023, 12:23:41 AM »
Absolutely true Arby’s story from a few months ago:

[pulls into the drive thru]

Kid over speaker: “Before you order I need to inform you that we are out of roast beef.”

Me: “….”

Kid: “….”

Me: “….so in fact, you DON’T have ‘the meat’”.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: June 23, 2023, 09:38:04 AM »

They have a double big mac in Canada that is so good, has the extra meat.