15 (12.5%)
Whataburger
2 (1.7%)
In-n-Out
5 (4.2%)
Other (discuss in comments)
19 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Best Fast Food  (Read 30359 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Best Fast Food
« Reply #560 on: February 20, 2023, 06:26:20 PM »
Just settle down.  It's not like I'm going out to get one right now:lol  I'm going to go downstairs in a few minutes and enjoy my birthday dinner, if that's okay with you guys.  (but maybe tomorrow morning, since I have a 90 minute drive for a work thing)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #561 on: February 20, 2023, 07:05:32 PM »
I wish McDonalds over here had those McGriddle things.  I've always been interested in trying them.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #562 on: February 20, 2023, 07:15:16 PM »
I wish McDonalds over here had those McGriddle things.  I've always been interested in trying them.

There's this place called America.. You should check it out some time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #563 on: February 20, 2023, 07:58:05 PM »

:lol Touche!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #564 on: February 21, 2023, 08:12:30 AM »
Had a McGriddle this morning.

Still not my thing.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #565 on: February 21, 2023, 08:40:37 AM »
You tried  :tup

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #566 on: February 21, 2023, 09:01:32 AM »
Speaking of fast food - Arby's has drastically changed their menu, has anybody tried anything from their new menu?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #567 on: February 21, 2023, 09:21:56 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #568 on: February 21, 2023, 10:14:40 AM »
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Offline pg1067

« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2023, 11:29:00 AM »

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2023, 12:21:27 PM »
Speaking of fast food - Arby's has drastically changed their menu, has anybody tried anything from their new menu?

I'm still pissed at Arby's for dropping potato cakes. Never liked the curly fries and their 'new' regular fries are not as good as the old regular fries they had years ago. I did have a roast beef a week or two ago. So, no, nothing new.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2023, 02:16:50 PM »

That GIF is everything good about our country, for sure.   :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2023, 02:23:01 PM »
Are you saying that's not actually Tim?!   :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #574 on: February 21, 2023, 02:44:36 PM »

Glorious
Over and over again

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #575 on: February 21, 2023, 02:45:31 PM »

Of course it is. That's why I said what I said!!!  :)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2023, 03:53:31 PM »

That GIF is everything good about our country, for sure.   :)

If I remember correctly, it was during a hurricane, and posted to a Slayer soundtrack.

If "hold my beer" was a country, it'd definitely be the good Ole US of A

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2023, 04:10:08 PM »

I'm not. Tim's so old, he'd have the Betsy Ross flag on him.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2023, 04:11:25 PM »

I'm not. Tim's so old, he'd have the Betsy Ross flag on him.  :lol

13 colonies!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2023, 05:28:49 PM »

I'm still pissed at Arby's for dropping potato cakes. Never liked the curly fries and their 'new' regular fries are not as good as the old regular fries they had years ago. I did have a roast beef a week or two ago. So, no, nothing new.

I had a craving for Arby's a couple weekends ago, realizing I hadn't been there in years. After sitting in the drive-thru line for 10 minutes I bolted. It was ridiculous. I recall it being my grandpa's favorite fast food place, so it would be his go-to spot when he would take me out for lunch when I was a kid. I liked getting the potato cakes since it was something unique.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2023, 08:50:57 PM »
Had a McGriddle this morning.  It was good.  Still my least favorite of McDonald's breakfast sandwiches, but that's because the others are SO good.  It's not something I would order often, but definitely something I would order again.  The texture of the "bread" was not what I was expecting, and was actually much more pleasant.  And Reap was right--the flavors do meld together nicely.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2023, 09:30:55 PM »
W

Glad you tried and enjoyed
Over and over again

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2023, 09:31:30 PM »
 :tup

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #583 on: February 22, 2023, 07:00:40 AM »

There is a Arby's near my house I go to and honestly their quality is some of the best from a fast food place. The turkey and bacon sandwich is pretty fucking good and would put places like McAlisters and Panera to shame

Offline pg1067

« Reply #584 on: February 22, 2023, 09:57:53 AM »

There is a Arby's near my house I go to and honestly their quality is some of the best from a fast food place. The turkey and bacon sandwich is pretty fucking good and would put places like McAlisters and Panera to shame

I don't think I've ever been to an Arby's, except for a couple years after my wife moved out here and had a thing for their cheese fries.  Panera is bloody awful, and I think their commercials are silly.  The best thing they can think of to trumpet about is that their food is clean?  Seriously?  I would fucking hope so!

If I remember correctly, it was during a hurricane, and posted to a Slayer soundtrack.

I was thinking it should be (You Can Still) Rock in America by Night Ranger (but Hell Awaits works as well).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2023, 10:00:14 AM »

I don't think I've ever been to an Arby's, except for a couple years after my wife moved out here and had a thing for their cheese fries.  Panera is bloody awful, and I think their commercials are silly.  The best thing they can think of to trumpet about is that their food is clean?  Seriously?  I would fucking hope so!

Panera is, in my experience, EXPENSIVE, too.  It's good, but not worth the money, IMO.

I was thinking it should be (You Can Still) Rock in America by Night Ranger (but Hell Awaits works as well).

Night Ranger!!! :)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2023, 10:01:16 AM »
I enjoy Arby's, there just isn't one near my house or work so I almost never eat there.  Haven't seen their menu in awhile to know the differences.  It's been years since I ate at one.

Panera is OK.  Too expensive and not enough food for the money.  I do find it good though because their breads are great.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2023, 10:02:55 AM »
Agree on Panera being overpriced.  The bread is good.  Sometimes the fam wants it, and I'll order an extra piece of the bread so I can have it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2023, 10:05:43 AM »
Agree on Panera being overpriced.  The bread is good.  Sometimes the fam wants it, and I'll order an extra piece of the bread so I can have it.

Do they still do the bread bowls?  I remember them being pretty, pretty good.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2023, 10:07:10 AM »

Do they still do the bread bowls?  I remember them being pretty, pretty good.

Yup, and that's usually something I'll get there. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #590 on: February 22, 2023, 10:19:19 AM »
Panera is pretty expensive.  Face value of one of their flatbread pizza and broccoli cheddar mac & cheese was $18.58, the last time I went.  Even with a three dollar off coupon and tax and a 10% Cashback, it still costed around $15.00.  I mean it was good and the portions was solid enough, but not something I want to order again at face value.

Maybe one of these days I should try Arby's.  Its prices seem reasonable in comparison to its contemporaries.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #591 on: February 22, 2023, 11:29:13 AM »
the breakfast sandwiches at Panera are my go to. Problem is, if I don't manage to get there by 11, it's n/a.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2023, 02:09:14 PM »
Panera used to be good before they got acquired by in 2018 (I think), since then it feels like overpriced hospital cafeteria food.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #593 on: March 07, 2023, 10:13:38 AM »
For the CT folks out there I've been finding myself at Nardelli's during my work travels. Something about the Italian with Everything on it just hits the spot. I think it's the diced pickles.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #594 on: March 07, 2023, 12:56:49 PM »
For the CT folks out there I've been finding myself at Nardelli's during my work travels. Something about the Italian with Everything on it just hits the spot. I think it's the diced pickles.

YES!!!!!!!!

That's my exact order when I go; I used to eat there more often when my daughter was at school in Wallingford.  I will still sometimes stop on my way to Ridgefield to see a show.