15 (12.5%)
Whataburger
2 (1.7%)
In-n-Out
5 (4.2%)
Other (discuss in comments)
19 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Best Fast Food  (Read 29543 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Best Fast Food
« Reply #525 on: February 02, 2023, 10:15:37 AM »
We're talking a small assed portion, like a 2oz piece, just to get the experience. Not a big fucking cheesecake factory type slice.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #526 on: February 02, 2023, 10:22:36 AM »
We're talking a small assed portion, like a 2oz piece, just to get the experience. Not a big fucking cheesecake factory type slice.

I'm sure; but bleu cheese doesn't really have a "sweet" component to me; it's got a tang that works nice with steak, IMO.  If I want sweet with my steak, I'll sauté some onions.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #527 on: February 02, 2023, 10:43:57 AM »
Never tried a McGriddle.  The idea just doesn't appeal to me.  In general, I don't like sweet and savory together.  It's just an odd combination to me.  For example, I have always loved cottage cheese, but HATE it with fruit, which is how a lot of people eat it.  Same with cheesecake.  I love cream cheese.  I love fruit, chocolate, and just about any other sweet thing that you would flavor a cheesecake with.  But I hate them together in a cheesecake.

Are you saying cheesecake is savory?

Cheesecake can absolutely be savory... I used to do a white cheddar cheesecake with a potato chip crust as an appetizer that was unfuckingbelievably good.

Oh man, that reminds me of a dinner party I went to back in the 90s.  It was memorable because the hostess made a cheesecake appetizer similar to this.  It was more herb/cheddar/garlic and I could've literally eaten the entire 9" cheesecake it was so good.  (I didn't, but I wanted to.) I searched FOREVER for the recipe which she said was a Bon Appetite but I could never find it.  IIRC she had a cracker crust on it but served it with both crackers and slices of baguette.  HEAVEN.

As for blue cheese on steak - I find a quality gorgonzola to be a tad bit to more my liking.  It is creamier and less sharp tasting than the blue.  It pairs beautifully with a medium rare t-bone or tenderloin, mushrooms, and pinot noir.

This past Christmas, my brother-in-law made gorgonzola/gruyere stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were the hit of the party.  So good I took them to a wine tasting party a couple of weeks later and same thing.  The bomb with pinot.  :tup
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #528 on: February 02, 2023, 12:10:29 PM »
As a rule I prefer my steaks cow flavoured, so blue cheese on them isn't really my thing. I do enjoy having them Oscared up sometimes, though. Now that they've invented an easy way to make Bearnaise I'll even do that at home once in a blue moon. Burgers, on the other hand, go great with blue cheese. I had a wonderful burger up North with the peculiar combination of Blue and Gruyere once. With caramelized onions it was excellent.

As for the cheesecakes, I'm looking for traditional. If you want to go savory go with a souffle.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #529 on: February 02, 2023, 12:11:28 PM »
I am a savory guy for breakfast.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #530 on: February 02, 2023, 12:33:38 PM »
I generally want no bleu cheese anywhere on any plate of mine, and hopefully out of sight as well.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #531 on: February 02, 2023, 12:36:29 PM »
Yeah, bleu cheese on anything is a no-go for me as well.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #532 on: February 02, 2023, 12:40:01 PM »

I'm sure; but bleu cheese doesn't really have a "sweet" component to me; it's got a tang that works nice with steak, IMO.  If I want sweet with my steak, I'll sauté some onions.

But it's a savory bleu cheese cheesecake, not sweet.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #533 on: February 02, 2023, 12:57:06 PM »
I love blue cheese. Made a meatloaf with it. Amazing. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pg1067

« Reply #534 on: February 02, 2023, 01:21:01 PM »
How the hell did we get here in the fast food thread?!   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #535 on: February 02, 2023, 01:21:52 PM »
McGriddles just screw everything up.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2023, 01:24:42 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2023, 01:29:27 PM »
I was a Sausage burrito guy for McDonalds.  Easy to eat on the run.  But now, no can have.....

Offline pg1067

« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2023, 01:38:13 PM »

And again, I say,  :lol :lol

Also, it's conveniently time for lunch.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2023, 01:42:09 PM »
I was a Sausage burrito guy for McDonalds.  Easy to eat on the run.  But now, no can have.....

Yeah, I'll occasionally get those as well.  For some reason, I rarely remember that they have those and don't usually go for those.  But there have been times where I swing through the drive through and see those on the menu and go, "Oh yeah, that would be good."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #540 on: February 02, 2023, 01:54:37 PM »
I know that it’s basically “death in a wrapper” but I still like to occasionally indulge in an Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich from Jack in the Box.

All things in moderation I suppose. I only have one maybe twice a year.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #541 on: February 02, 2023, 07:58:16 PM »

That's fucking gross.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: February 02, 2023, 08:26:49 PM »

That's fucking gross.  :lol

And onions sucka!! :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #543 on: February 02, 2023, 08:28:52 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2023, 09:21:10 AM »
I just read that the KFC double down is coming back, I'm finally going to try it after missing it the first go around.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #545 on: February 20, 2023, 10:32:42 AM »
Is that the thing with the chicken patty between two donut halves?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #546 on: February 20, 2023, 10:53:29 AM »
Is that the thing with the chicken patty between two donut halves?
Nah, it's a bacon and cheese sandwich that uses 2 pieces of fried chicken fillet instead of bread.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #547 on: February 20, 2023, 10:59:48 AM »
So something even more diabolical than what PG stated.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #548 on: February 20, 2023, 12:47:57 PM »
Yes.

I must admit that I tried it the first time they made it available, and it was delicious.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2023, 12:57:49 PM »
Yes.

I must admit that I tried it the first time they made it available, and it was delicious.

I'm both scared and aroused by the sandwich now...

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2023, 01:08:28 PM »
They used to sell the filets on their own and they were phenomenal.

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #551 on: February 20, 2023, 02:08:09 PM »

The worst take either of you have ever had.

Mixing sweet/salt flavor is a delicate dance and the McGriddle pulls it off perfectly. The syrup nugget is culinary and engineering perfection. The pancake bun simultaneously sweet, doughly, and perfectly toasty. The sausage flavor without defect.

It is the greatest breakfast fast food item. If I ordered them regularly I'd weigh 400 pounds.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2023, 03:07:04 PM »
I always enjoyed the baconator

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2023, 03:08:10 PM »

Mixing sweet/salt flavor is a delicate dance and the McGriddle pulls it off perfectly. The syrup nugget is culinary and engineering perfection. The pancake bun simultaneously sweet, doughly, and perfectly toasty. The sausage flavor without defect.

It is the greatest breakfast fast food item. If I ordered them regularly I'd weigh 400 pounds.

Yeah...this is a very, very rare moment where I'm 100% in agreement with Reap, and considering my background, for a rare moment he's siding with the experts as well.  :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2023, 03:17:18 PM »
Seeing these images are making my stomach churn.  Thankfully, I'm about to give up all meat and fish/seafood for the lent season, so this will limited where I would eat for fast food.

Except for Taco Bell.  They got a good enough veggie menu that leaves me satisfied.  They got a Veggies craving box options where I could get a black bean crunchwrap supreme, a spicy potato taco, chips and chesse, and a drink.  I also do like that veggie burrito that they sell for $2.00.

I may also have that veggie patty sandwich from Subway as well.  It was ok during the few times I had it.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2023, 04:04:16 PM »

Yeah...this is a very, very rare moment where I'm 100% in agreement with Reap, and considering my background, for a rare moment he's siding with the experts as well.  :lol

:clap:

Mostly to the McGriddle.  God those were amazing.  Haven't seen one around these here parts in eons.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #556 on: February 20, 2023, 05:37:37 PM »

Wow, that's saying a lot lol

I can live with that. The heart wants what the heart wants, and for me at least, that does not include the McGriddle.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2023, 06:00:52 PM »
It's just something that, based on my tastes, never sounded appetizing.  But based on those descriptions and endorsements, I'm at least willing to try one now.  I'll give it a shot sometime and report back. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2023, 06:12:12 PM »
It's just something that, based on my tastes, never sounded appetizing.  But based on those descriptions and endorsements, I'm at least willing to try one now.  I'll give it a shot sometime and report back.

Most excellent.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2023, 06:21:27 PM »
 :corn