15 (12.5%)
Whataburger
2 (1.7%)
In-n-Out
5 (4.2%)
Other (discuss in comments)
19 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Best Fast Food  (Read 30464 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Best Fast Food
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2023, 04:52:16 PM »
TB has some burritos, usually their "special" burrtios, that are pressed too.  The cheaper ones aren't.  I definitely like them pressed better for the reasons stated.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2023, 06:15:29 PM »
I can't believe how wrong you all are about the Mexican Pizza.... just blasphemy.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2023, 06:21:55 PM »
I love Taco Bell so much  :heart

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2023, 06:33:29 PM »
If I had to make my ideal fast food meal, it would consist of:

Burger King original chicken sandwich
McDonalds fries
Taco Bell nachos supreme
And some pop from wherever

I gotta say the best fountain soda is still McD's soda. When I'm hungover (happens a lot less frequently now) my go to would be to wake up and get a large coke from McD's.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2023, 06:36:14 PM »
I haven't had mickey d's in a long while, but as a kid my go to was:

Bacon double cheeseburger
Super size fries
Super size coke
M and m mc flurry

That was dinner most nights before I started cooking for myself

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2023, 07:08:46 PM »

I gotta say the best fountain soda is still McD's soda. When I'm hungover (happens a lot less frequently now) my go to would be to wake up and get a large coke from McD's.

Back in the day, my best hangover drink was a McD's vanilla shake.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2023, 07:18:08 PM »

McDonald's coke is the best fountain coke

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2023, 08:47:16 PM »
So it's a burrito with crunched up chips in it?

They used to have a burrito with Fritos in it, but I don't believe they carry it any more. That was my go-to pick when I went there. Now it is usually the Crunchwrap Supreme and a Beefy Melt burrito or some other burrito, and good call out on the heat press.

My go-to food at 2-3am when I left the clubs back in the day was usually a couple $1 chicken sandwiches from Jack in the Box.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2023, 07:01:49 AM »
On Five Guys, they’re damn good, but I haven’t been there for over a year and haven’t seen their most recent prices. Nearly a c-note for a meal for four is absolutely insane.

I’ve got a pretty damn good burger method that I cook for us at home, and Costco’s frozen patties are great for it. Cook on low-medium heat till the blood stops oozing out, season with garlic herb salt as it’s sizzling, plop on a toasted brioche bun, and add sliced Gouda, Stubb’s original flavor BBQ sauce, pickles, and lettuce. So damn good…

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2023, 07:17:48 AM »
Just want to bitch about Five Guys for a sec.   

My best bud and his wife had a baby last week and we went over to meet it. I asked them if they wanted food or anything and they said they were craving Five Guys. I haven't been there in a while because I find the fries shitty and the burgers nothing to write home about, but I said sure.   

4 burgers, 3 fries, and 3 shakes was $93 before tip. What in the actual flying fuck is that? How does that place stay in business with prices like that? If it was stellar, that'd be one thing. But the fries are soggy by the time you get out the door and the burgers are mediocre at best for what you're paying.

Was that a delivery order or did you pick it up?

Counter ordered and walked out with it.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2023, 03:27:52 PM »
Just want to bitch about Five Guys for a sec.   

My best bud and his wife had a baby last week and we went over to meet it. I asked them if they wanted food or anything and they said they were craving Five Guys. I haven't been there in a while because I find the fries shitty and the burgers nothing to write home about, but I said sure.   

4 burgers, 3 fries, and 3 shakes was $93 before tip. What in the actual flying fuck is that? How does that place stay in business with prices like that? If it was stellar, that'd be one thing. But the fries are soggy by the time you get out the door and the burgers are mediocre at best for what you're paying.

Was that a delivery order or did you pick it up?

Counter ordered and walked out with it.

Yeah that's a bit fucking nuts.

And noot to start the tipping debate again, but I rarely tip when picking up food.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #431 on: January 15, 2023, 03:37:04 PM »
My first question is who on earth gets three fries at five guys?

The way they load the bag, one large fry feeds my family of three, and then some.

My stepson used to work at five guys and anytime somebody wanted to order multiple large fries he would raise an eyebrow and say, “are you ABSOLUTELY sure?”

The only way a single person could finish a single large fry from FiveGuys is if it was on an episode of “man vs. food”
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2023, 03:42:17 PM »
Does anyone's five guys do cheese fries?

Its not on the menu at any of the ones around me, and boy do I love me some cheese fries

Offline pg1067

« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2023, 04:30:02 PM »
And noot to start the tipping debate again, but I rarely tip when picking up food.

I cannot even conceive of tipping at Five Guys or any other fast food place.

My first question is who on earth gets three fries at five guys?

The way they load the bag, one large fry feeds my family of three, and then some.

My stepson used to work at five guys and anytime somebody wanted to order multiple large fries he would raise an eyebrow and say, “are you ABSOLUTELY sure?”

The only way a single person could finish a single large fry from FiveGuys is if it was on an episode of “man vs. food”

I always order a "little" order of fries, and I don't think I've ever eaten all of them.  That said, I can see some guys having a thing about ordering a "little" order.

Does anyone's five guys do cheese fries?

Its not on the menu at any of the ones around me, and boy do I love me some cheese fries

Given that they serve their fries in a drink cup, I have to wonder how cheese fries would work, but they'll basically do whatever you want with special orders.

Speaking of "special orders," I happened upon this YouTube video last week.  It's a classic, and some of the comments are hilarious.

https://youtu.be/pprTvtHnnTo
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2023, 05:34:39 PM »
I haven't eaten at Five Guys in a long time, but:  I remember being told that the fries are "a lot," and being pretty confused when I eventually went there and there was nothing overly large about them.  It wasn't a huge amount at all.  The burgers, on the other hand...the "little" was just fine. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #435 on: January 15, 2023, 05:35:04 PM »

Dude, last week I went to Subway on my lunch break and I was in kind of a hurry. I used the pinpad to pay with my debit card and there were fucking tipping options on there. I don't think I've ever seen that before at least not at a Subway. I couldn't figure out how to not leave a tip so I just clicked the lowest option which was 15%.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #436 on: January 15, 2023, 05:47:43 PM »

Dude, last week I went to Subway on my lunch break and I was in kind of a hurry. I used the pinpad to pay with my debit card and there were fucking tipping options on there. I don't think I've ever seen that before at least not at a Subway. I couldn't figure out how to not leave a tip so I just clicked the lowest option which was 15%.

Similar. Seems like a new thing. There was a no tip option on mine though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #437 on: January 15, 2023, 05:51:47 PM »
I haven't eaten at Five Guys in a long time, but:  I remember being told that the fries are "a lot," and being pretty confused when I eventually went there and there was nothing overly large about them.  It wasn't a huge amount at all.  The burgers, on the other hand...the "little" was just fine.

You were robbed.

It’s company policy to fill up the large cup as much as can possibly be filled, and then the workers are instructed to put the cup into the bag and put another [EDIT-*full*] shovel of fries into the bag. Most employees are incredibly generous with this policy.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #438 on: January 15, 2023, 06:00:29 PM »
Five guys is overrated, especially for the price. I'd much rather hit Habit for a higher end burger. But usually my goto for a quick meal is any number of killer local taquerias, quick, cheap, and a bazillion times better than any fast food.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #439 on: January 15, 2023, 06:19:17 PM »
A lot of Five Guys bashing going on, and I don't understand the issue about the prices. I mean, if you order a burger at a regular sit down restaurant, you're looking at what...$14.99? At Five Guys, it's like ten bucks. I take my sons a few times a year and we're out $45...maybe $50 if we get an extra fry. But usually a large fry is good enough for the three of us. When we go to a sit down restaurant, we're always looking at at least $80 before the tip. Hell, we went out for breakfast this morning and my wife got a muffin and the bill was $59. Plus tip!!
WTF?

Going to a restaurant is fucking expensive, and it's not really worth it anymore.

There is frankly no better burger in my area that I enjoy as much as I do Five Guys. And other than going to McDonalds or Wendy's, it's still the best value. It's cheaper than any restaurant I go to, and it's way more satisfying to eat. Plus, I don't have to sit there wondering where the waitress is, I don't have to tip, or wait for a waitress to bring the bill...the usual bullshit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #440 on: January 15, 2023, 06:31:05 PM »
Ya, honestly. On looking back at the original complaint about Five Guys, $93 for four people is less than $25/per person…and you got SHAKES (which are always really expensive wherever you go). So I don’t really think that’s that much for a fancy burger joint.  Ya, I might pay half that for McDonald’s, but Five Guys (to me) is more like “Red Robin to-go”.

(I’ve seen a few people unfamiliar with Red Robin. It’s basically a sit down restaurant that features gourmet burgers and beer…probably one of the first of the modern day American “gastro-pub” style restaurants. Similar to The Ram if maybe some of you are familiar with that)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #441 on: January 15, 2023, 06:36:22 PM »
I went to the Red Robin near us many years ago, and I don't remember being wicked impressed. We've never been back.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #442 on: January 15, 2023, 07:26:56 PM »
Hmm...Herrick will have to try out this Five Guys some times.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #443 on: January 15, 2023, 07:35:54 PM »
You will be satisfied and remorseful at the same time, Herrick.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: January 15, 2023, 09:30:58 PM »
Similar to The Ram if maybe some of you are familiar with that)

Haven't been to The Ram in ages, but that was a big go-to spot when I was in high school, for both the family and with friends. Before a high school dance some of my budding and I went there for dinner. One guy ate what I recall was The Husky burger, a 1lb burger, with a full plate of fries. By the time we got to the dance, he was hurting, big time, and his girlfriend was none too happy with his choice of cuisine for that evening.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #445 on: January 15, 2023, 09:34:06 PM »
You will be satisfied and remorseful at the same time, Herrick.

LoL why remorseful?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #446 on: January 16, 2023, 02:26:05 AM »

A large Fries at McDonalds is 480 kCal. A small fries at Five Guys is 659 kCal. A large fries is 1500 kCal. Their portion sizes are pretty extravagant.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #447 on: January 16, 2023, 12:50:36 PM »

THIS. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2023, 12:13:04 PM »

THIS.

Ditto.  The odd part is that it's supposedly because the syrup comes in stainless steel tanks, rather than plastic bags (which Coca Colo Co. does because McD's is its biggest customer by a huge margin).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2023, 12:14:13 PM »

THIS.

Ditto.  The odd part is that it's supposedly because the syrup comes in stainless steel tanks, rather than plastic bags (which Coca Colo Co. does because McD's is its biggest customer by a huge margin).

Figured it had something to do wth the syrup, but I did not know that.  Also, I feel like their wider straw contributes somehow to this. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2023, 12:15:17 PM »
If you google "why does McDonald's Coke taste better," you'll find scores of articles that talk about it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2023, 12:50:37 PM »
As someone who hasn't had soda really in the last 20+ years, how does one coca cola taste better than another?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2023, 12:54:30 PM »
As someone who hasn't had soda really in the last 20+ years, how does one coca cola taste better than another?

Maybe you should end the streak to find out, but seriously. Not sure how to describe it. 

Offline Adami

« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2023, 12:55:31 PM »

Maybe you should end the streak to find out, but seriously. Not sure how to describe it.

I tried! I got a root beer last year for the first time since I was like 17. I had one sip and was lie NOPE!

Honestly it was the carbonation. Turns out I just can't do carbonation anymore.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2023, 12:58:59 PM »
In my 34 years of existence, I bet I haven't consumed a half gallon of soda. According to my parents, I tried it for the first time at the age of 3 at an amusement park and instantly vomited, and I never tried any variation of it again until my early 20s when I liked long island iced teas for a few weeks.