15 (12.5%)
Whataburger
2 (1.7%)
In-n-Out
5 (4.2%)
Other (discuss in comments)
19 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Best Fast Food  (Read 29544 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: Best Fast Food
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »
I often get a craving for a Whopper, so Burger King gets one vote. Culver's is right behind that. Haven't touched McDonald's meat since I was a child (that sounds bad). Smashburger is probably my favorite, but they are disappearing around here.

I might have gone with Popeyes, but now that they opened a Raising Cane's nearby they will replace Popeyes for chicken.

As a Chicago food guy, I very, very often get a hankering for an Italian beef or sausage. My go-to's there are Buona and Beef Shack. Augustino's also has a very good beef. I am NOT a Portillo's guy. Hugely overrated, in my opinion.

Arby's always hits the spot as well.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline T-ski

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »
I often get a craving for a Whopper, so Burger King gets one vote. Culver's is right behind that. Haven't touched McDonald's meat since I was a child (that sounds bad). Smashburger is probably my favorite, but they are disappearing around here.

I might have gone with Popeyes, but now that they opened a Raising Cane's nearby they will replace Popeyes for chicken.

As a Chicago food guy, I very, very often get a hankering for an Italian beef or sausage. My go-to's there are Buona and Beef Shack. Augustino's also has a very good beef. I am NOT a Portillo's guy. Hugely overrated, in my opinion.

Arby's always hits the spot as well.

Culver’s.....yes.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »
I was sort of trying to steer clear of local places that only have a handful of locations.  I could've put Volcano Burger on there, but I'd probably be the only one to vote for it (although I think someone else here might be close enough to know that place).

I went with Five Guys.  It's more expensive than the other places, but I'd rather pay $15 for Five guys than $8-10 for In-n-Out (which, IMO, is massively overrated).  The Five Guys burger is hands-down the best of any of the major chains, and their fries are usually pretty good.

This is a very reasonable point, but the logic goes both ways. I'd rather pay $20 for a top notch burger from a real restaurant than $15 for a pretty good burger from 5G. Perhaps the best burger in Dallas, with half fries and half rings, plus a drink is only $18.50. Right now Dallas is having a kind of burger renaissance, and there are several places turning out excellent burgers and sides for about what you'd pay for 5G.

I agree that I-n-O is massively overrated, though.

Honestly, I can't think of (m)any restaurant burgers that I thought were better than 5G.  There's a place called Burger Bar in sort of a mall between Mandalay Bay and Luxor in Vegas.  I've also been to a location in San Francisco.  Those were both very, very good.  But it's not at all fast food.  It's a sit-down restaurant that focuses on burgers.  Same with Fuddruckers, which I already mentioned.

As far as I&O, cracked.com once did a hilarious article on overrated restaurants that included I&O (along with White Castle):

"The thing is, people don't treat In-N-Out Burger like it makes a fine burger; people treat In-N-Out Burger like it cures cancer and performs other assorted miracles.  I'd heard all of the over-the-top 'It will change your life' kind of praise before I moved to Los Angeles, so, naturally, I was very much looking forward to investigating the hype once I arrived.  I did.  It was fine.  Except for the fries, which, again, are total ass.

When I delivered this review to my new California friends, I was met with an almost universal response: 'Well, you must not have ordered it the right way. You should have gotten it animal style.'  [For anyone who doesn't know, "animal style" at I&O means that mustard is fried into the patty, and they add pickles, grilled onions and extra "sauce" (i.e., thousand island dressing).]

First of all, grilled onions do not come from an animal.  Also, I'd appreciate a little less pressure to put Thousand Island dressing on that shit.  That is the worst dressing ever made.  I would put raspberry vinaigrette on a burger before I'd consider that nonsense.  Besides, that there is a 'right' way to order is your first indication that you're dealing with an overrated sandwich."

Spot on stuff!  And mustard is Satan's smegma.

This is the problem, IMO, of having 5 guys listed here with the likes of McDonalds and whatnot.  I don't consider 5 guys fast food.

I don't see the difference.  Both are burger places where you walk in and order at a counter where you pay before you get your food, which you receive within a matter of minutes after placing your order.  You can either get it to go or eat it at tables that you find yourself.  There's no waiter/waitress service.  Price and perceived quality aside, they're the same (except that I've never seen a 5G with a drive-thru).  All of the fast food places fall somewhere on gradients of price and perceived quality, but they're still the same thing on the most basic level.

There's a Portillo's in southern California (near Knott's Berry Farm).  I heard great things about it.  My son and I went there and it was AWFUL.  Had both a burger and a dog, and both were among the worst I've ever had.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2020, 06:30:32 PM »
I was sort of trying to steer clear of local places that only have a handful of locations.  I could've put Volcano Burger on there, but I'd probably be the only one to vote for it (although I think someone else here might be close enough to know that place).

I went with Five Guys.  It's more expensive than the other places, but I'd rather pay $15 for Five guys than $8-10 for In-n-Out (which, IMO, is massively overrated).  The Five Guys burger is hands-down the best of any of the major chains, and their fries are usually pretty good.

This is a very reasonable point, but the logic goes both ways. I'd rather pay $20 for a top notch burger from a real restaurant than $15 for a pretty good burger from 5G. Perhaps the best burger in Dallas, with half fries and half rings, plus a drink is only $18.50. Right now Dallas is having a kind of burger renaissance, and there are several places turning out excellent burgers and sides for about what you'd pay for 5G.

I agree that I-n-O is massively overrated, though.

Honestly, I can't think of (m)any restaurant burgers that I thought were better than 5G.  There's a place called Burger Bar in sort of a mall between Mandalay Bay and Luxor in Vegas.  I've also been to a location in San Francisco.  Those were both very, very good.  But it's not at all fast food.  It's a sit-down restaurant that focuses on burgers.  Same with Fuddruckers, which I already mentioned.
There are plenty down here. Even cheaper options. My gold standard for many years was a half pound of ground sirloin, flame broiled, with thick cut bacon and two kinds of cheese that was $8.5 with fries. I suppose I just think that fast food is supposed to be cheap. That's the appeal. Once you start paying restaurant prices, and 5G most assuredly qualifies, you should see a dramatic step up. And I don't dislike 5G, BTW. Their selection of free toppings is great and I like the fries. I can just think of 75 other things I'd rather eat in that price range.

And I recall that Cracked article and it's absolutely correct. Both I&O and CFA have become cults, and it makes no sense at all to me. Arby's makes a far better fried chicken sandwich, and everybody makes better burgers than I&O.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2020, 07:04:38 PM »
Chick-fil-A is the only one I ever go to anymore on any kind of regular basis, and that is like once a month.

I used to enjoy the occasional spicy chicken sandwich from Jack in the Box or hamburger from McD's or Wendy's, but my stomach dislikes all of those places a lot now, and it's not worth it to feel like crap for a day.

I used to like Arby's, but after getting reacquainted with Lion's Choice a while back, I will never go to Arby's again.  Lion's Choice is way better for the three times a year I want fast food roast beast.

I miss Quizno's. :(

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2020, 09:52:46 PM »
I am baffled as to why anyone would go to McDs if there is another burger option anywhere nearby.

I rarely get fast food. More often than not, if the Cool Family gets anything it's Subway, that is what the rest of the crew like. It doesn't do much for me though. I have never been to Jersey Mikes. We have a couple coupons for one by my house but it is the opposite direction from anywhere I ever go.

I do like Taco Bell, whoever first decided to put Fritos in to a burrito deserves a Nobel Prize. That meeting between the Taco Bell guy and the Fritos guy should go down in history like the Churchill/Stalin/Roosevelt conference during WWII. For a fresher taco fix, I go with Taco Time, which is a PNW establishment.

We make hamburgers at home regularly enough I never think to get one from a fast food place. In my drinking days nothing hit the spot at 2am like a couple  $.99 spicy chicken sandwiches from Jack in the Box.

Some of those places like In n Out, Carls, Hardees we don't have up here.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2020, 04:23:22 AM »
Popeye's and Wendy's for me. The gap between Popeye's and who ever is #2 is like Jerry Rice vs. the #2 WR ever imo. Wendy's is very good for fast food though. They just beat out Arby's.

Popeye's: Just damn good and is legit better than at least half of the bland-ass casual chain restaurants imo. Stuff like Chili's, Applebee's, etc. Their menu has so few weaknesses in it and I don't think they have a single item I sincerely dislike plus no other fast food joint is within a light year of how well they do fried shrimp. Also, it's amusing how KFC markets their extra crispy as a bonus option whereas Popeye's has that by default. It's basically like KFC is peddling soggy chicken to half their customers.

Wendy's: When it comes to their limited time sandwiches, they do NOT fuck around. That weird swiss/maple/chicken one was shockingly good compared to what you'd expect from that combo of ingredients. The chicken/bacon/jalapeno one was so good that I might've eaten it a dozen times in a month thanks to their bogo receipt survey thing. Even their salads are good and their dollar menu is stout af for people that are broke and want variety. Too bad their nuggets taste like dick though.

Honorable mention, Arby's: They barely lost to Wendy's. The smokehouse brisket is probably my all time favorite fast food sandwich. Even after their shitty surreptitious decision to downgrade the "brisket" to something way closer to their standard ratloaf roast beef, it still tastes really good since it has garlic aioli, bbq sauce, gouda, fried onion bits, and a pretzel bun. Their French dip is a nice fallback, and their pork belly was insane for fast food. The key with them is to sever all ties with the cheap items. Their base roast beef sandwich is garbage on all fronts: nauseating texture, off flavor, and somehow less satisfying due to their generosity with it since more of a bad thing inevitably hampers the experience. Also, their Jamocha is god tier as is their eggnog shake. Kinda shocking how much I'm blowing them in this writeup considering I ranked them third.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2020, 04:36:50 AM »
BK and McD's are the only ones I got to try more than twice-ish, and if you're stuck outside and hungry the crispy chicken from Burger King is fine. I ate at Five Guys once in Berlin and I thought it was nice. My husband is obsessed with KFC for reasons I will never understand, it's just decent. I haven't tried any of the others.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2020, 06:15:39 AM »
I went with Five guys and Chick-Fil-A. I used to eat at those places often when I was going into work.

Jersey Mikes is amazing sandwiches, but that's closer to a deli than fastfood.  It's not cheap at all either, but you pay for quality meats.  I've actually been crazing it a lot recently, but I find it hard to justify the price for a cold sandwich (I do like the hot ones too).

I think I've paid ok prices as Jersey Mike's, nothing less than $15.00 for two mini-sized sandwiches (which is still good portions).  Then again, I've taken advantage of the deals that Grubhub gave me.  I recall around election week that Grubhub gave a perk that gave me a free sandwich from Jersey Mike's.  Nabbed two regular sandwiches and paid $12.00, overall.  Felt good about that.

Mini aint big enough for me, even their normal size is filling but I usually get Giant and can eat 3/4 of that in one sitting.  BUt it was like $18 I think when I last checked? It's delish for sure, but I just can't put that in fast food catagory for one, the meats are legit, and two, the prices reflect that.

I love Jersey Mikes, I go there like twice a week.

This is the problem, IMO, of having 5 guys listed here with the likes of McDonalds and whatnot.  I don't consider 5 guys fast food. Just like Jersey Mikes is not the same as Subway.  One is legit meat product and the other is the cheap stuff that is even questionable if it's truly meat.
I agree about 5G, I think I was the first to raise that point, but not about Jersey Mikes. A regular sandwich is $8.5 down here and that's not unreasonable. And if you're going to flag them for using real meat, you'd have to do the same for Arby's. They slice their meat to order, too.

I really like arbies, but that's only the roast beef.  I don't know about their chicken or anything else, although I really like Arby's generally.  They are scarce here, but the curly fries are so good plus horsey sauce on the roast beef is solid.

You should try out their market fresh sandwiches, they are surprisingly good.

Online Snow Dog

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2020, 07:01:25 AM »

This. So much. Chicken carbonara on their rosemary parmesan was honestly the best sandwich I’ve ever had.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2020, 08:02:11 AM »

This. So much. Chicken carbonara on their rosemary parmesan was honestly the best sandwich I’ve ever had.

Oh god I missed this post. I love Quizno's, Firehouse subs is also fantastic.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2020, 08:04:57 AM »

Oh god I missed this post. I love Quizno's, Firehouse subs is also fantastic.

All spot on here.

This was such an American list of restaurants.  I went 5G, and Other.  There's a made-to-order QSR chain up here called Osmows ... Mediterranean food.  So good.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline T-ski

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »
Had a Five Guys open up in town a couple of years ago, it’s absolute trash. Not sure if it’s the franchise owner or what, but I’m surprised it’s still open.

Kudos to those that can enjoy it.

We have a local place called Brews Brothers that blows away Five Guys. If I’m getting a burger I’m going there.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »
Subway's meat is highly processed and includes a lot of fillers. My hunch is that it's probably at least a third paper.

For some reason, this made me laugh out loud.   :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2020, 08:30:34 AM »

As far as I&O, cracked.com once did a hilarious article on overrated restaurants that included I&O (along with White Castle):

"The thing is, people don't treat In-N-Out Burger like it makes a fine burger; people treat In-N-Out Burger like it cures cancer and performs other assorted miracles.  I'd heard all of the over-the-top 'It will change your life' kind of praise before I moved to Los Angeles, so, naturally, I was very much looking forward to investigating the hype once I arrived.  I did.  It was fine.  Except for the fries, which, again, are total ass.

When I delivered this review to my new California friends, I was met with an almost universal response: 'Well, you must not have ordered it the right way. You should have gotten it animal style.'  [For anyone who doesn't know, "animal style" at I&O means that mustard is fried into the patty, and they add pickles, grilled onions and extra "sauce" (i.e., thousand island dressing).]

First of all, grilled onions do not come from an animal.  Also, I'd appreciate a little less pressure to put Thousand Island dressing on that shit.  That is the worst dressing ever made.  I would put raspberry vinaigrette on a burger before I'd consider that nonsense.  Besides, that there is a 'right' way to order is your first indication that you're dealing with an overrated sandwich."

Spot on stuff!  And mustard is Satan's smegma.

I make sandwiches at home often, since I love them.   Hard roll (heathens and unwashed call them "bulkie rolls" or "bulkies"), meat (usually roast beef, sometimes Italian salam), cheese (Land o' Lakes American, not the individually wrapped "cheese product"; sometimes provolone), lettuce, tomato, salt, and pepper, and a condiment.  Now, that's why I'm writing:  I LOVE salad dressing on my sammiches.   Oil/vinegar (or an Italian blend), or, on roast beef sometimes I'll put a caesar dressing I get around here that's really good.    That's one of the things I love about Jersey Mike's, is that they have a seasoned oil and vinegar that makes the sandwich.

I'm not a huge mustard fan, though I like Gulden's in a fry dip I make, and I like my hot dogs with mustard and relish and celery salt (and a little bacon if I have it).

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2020, 08:40:39 AM »

I agree that I-n-O is massively overrated, though. Not since Trump has something so godawful been so adored by so many.

Ever have a Liberty Burger? They have a burger on their menu called the Chillerno. Roasted poblano with queso and chipoltle bbq sauce. Holy moly that's some good eatin!  :metal :metal

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2020, 09:00:40 AM »

I agree that I-n-O is massively overrated, though. Not since Trump has something so godawful been so adored by so many.

Ever have a Liberty Burger? They have a burger on their menu called the Chillerno. Roasted poblano with queso and chipoltle bbq sauce. Holy moly that's some good eatin!  :metal :metal
Don't think so. They all seem to be up North. Hopdoddy has a roasted poblano burger that I'm fond of. Don't know how long it's been since you were in Dallas, but Haystack Burgers and Barley in Richardson does a damn fine one, as well. Haystack is in the top three of burgers down here, now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2020, 09:42:43 AM »

Don't think so. They all seem to be up North. Hopdoddy has a roasted poblano burger that I'm fond of. Don't know how long it's been since you were in Dallas, but Haystack Burgers and Barley in Richardson does a damn fine one, as well. Haystack is in the top three of burgers down here, now.

Been 3 years.  :(

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2020, 10:02:27 AM »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2020, 11:38:03 AM »

Is it even possible to go to McDonald's and them not fuck up your order.

If you go to the one Rich goes to you don’t get a quarter back either.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2020, 12:20:04 PM »
This is the problem, IMO, of having 5 guys listed here with the likes of McDonalds and whatnot.  I don't consider 5 guys fast food.

I don't see the difference.  Both are burger places where you walk in and order at a counter where you pay before you get your food, which you receive within a matter of minutes after placing your order.  You can either get it to go or eat it at tables that you find yourself.  There's no waiter/waitress service.  Price and perceived quality aside, they're the same (except that I've never seen a 5G with a drive-thru).  All of the fast food places fall somewhere on gradients of price and perceived quality, but they're still the same thing on the most basic level.

Fast food to me comes down to the mass production of the food to the point that you can just easily "cook" and serve it.  5G has legit beef patties and fries sources straight from potatoes.  It's all legit cooked right there, not a prepackaged and highly processed product.  It's also why it tastes so much better and costs more.  I've gone to plenty of BBQ joints that are exactly like you describe but I would never consider them fast food just because there is no waiter service and the food is handed to me shortly after I order.  I should say price shouldn't matter, but quality definitely does IMO and usually those two are directly related.

Anyway, +1 on Quiznos though, I miss those sandwiches.  The honey mustard chicken sandwich was sooo good. I don't think Potbelly comes close to what Quiznos was.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2020, 12:34:09 PM »
Anyway, +1 on Quiznos though, I miss those sandwiches.  The honey mustard chicken sandwich was sooo good. I don't think Potbelly comes close to what Quiznos was.
I ate Quiznos a couple of times and: A. thought it was highly overrated, and B. felt like shit afterward. Suffice it to say, when they went bankrupt I was thrilled about it. In the meantime, the Wreck from Potbelly's is a very good sandwich.

Also, the story of how Quiznos imploded is pretty interesting. As I recall it's the textbook on how not to franchise.
E.F. Benson

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2020, 12:48:22 PM »

Shoot, which thread was that?  I think I read that post before, but I can't find it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2020, 12:52:57 PM »
I ate Quiznos a couple of times and: A. thought it was highly overrated, and B. felt like shit afterward. Suffice it to say, when they went bankrupt I was thrilled about it. In the meantime, the Wreck from Potbelly's is a very good sandwich.

Also, the story of how Quiznos imploded is pretty interesting. As I recall it's the textbook on how not to franchise.

I think that goes back to what I feel fast food is vs what isnt.  Quiznos chicken looked fake, while potbelly seems more like legit meats so I could see how one would make you feel sick (although I dont recall ever having that feeling).  I think I just LOVED their honey mustard sauce plus on a hot sandwich with bacon and I was hooked going there in college.... until they all disappeared.  I'm not familiar with their downfall story though.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2020, 12:57:38 PM »
Take Wikipedia for what it is, but under the lawsuits and controversies, it says "Quiznos has been the target of several lawsuits related to its treatment of franchisees, including lawsuits in New Jersey and Wisconsin.[63] It has faced more lawsuits from franchisees than bigger chains, such as McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and even its sandwich competitors Subway and Blimpie, according to an analysis by the legal research firm Thomson West."

I imagine these lawsuits will take quite a toll on any company.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2020, 02:33:37 PM »
Take Wikipedia for what it is, but under the lawsuits and controversies, it says "Quiznos has been the target of several lawsuits related to its treatment of franchisees, including lawsuits in New Jersey and Wisconsin.[63] It has faced more lawsuits from franchisees than bigger chains, such as McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and even its sandwich competitors Subway and Blimpie, according to an analysis by the legal research firm Thomson West."

I imagine these lawsuits will take quite a toll on any company.
Nah. They settled and went right back to ripping off their franchisees. The short version of it is that they were exploiting their franchisees with exorbitant markups on literally everything. Ideally it should by a symbiotic relationship. You help your franchises to succeed so that you keep earning royalties, and if you're McDonalds, you keep getting lease payments for the stores. Quiznos made its money by selling products to the franchisees at ridiculous prices. No matter how successful your store was you'd still come out in the red because you could never get in front of the overhead. Moreover, since corporate didn't actually care if you made a profit, only that you bought their ingredients, they'd wallop you with coupons, groupons, BOGO offers, and other things that only twisted the knife further.  And when you finally realized that it was possible to keep afloat, they wouldn't let you close your store, and sued anybody that did for violating the franchise agreement. They left behind a long string of bankrupt franchisees who'd lost everything they had, and a few suicides, to boot. In the end they declared bankruptcy to rip off their debtors and settled their class action suit for 206 million, little of which went to the store operators. Presumably they're back to operating, though I haven't seen any down here in ages.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2020, 02:54:37 PM »
oof, their food isn't that good to support that type of leaderhsip

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »

:clap:

Where’s Tick been lately?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2020, 08:03:23 PM »
That is crazy about Quizno's. I had no idea any of that went down. I didn't even realize it wasn't around any longer.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2020, 08:08:20 PM »
In Australia we only have 4 of those listed in the options, and Burger King is named Hungry Jacks, so I can't vote.

Although, no matter what we have, it's McDonald's for me everytime.  I don't know what it is about it but I love it.

Not sure what Taco Bell is like in the states but here, it's fucking horrid.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »

It's fucking Alpo on a tortilla.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2020, 08:34:41 PM »

It's fucking Alpo on a tortilla.

I had to Google Alpo and got a drug dealer and dog food.  Could be either I guess but yeah dog food is a good description.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »
Alpo the drug dealer? :lol

"Hey, I'll be right back. Gotta go meet Alpo." :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2020, 08:57:22 PM »
McDonald's is shyte.  Only thing I ever get of theirs is coffee or breakfast sammiches.  The lunch/dinner menu is awful, and the fries aren't anything I'd put in my body after watching Super Size Me.  I don't think they're made from ingredients found on this planet.

Though, as a 20-something, I once had a 2-for-1 coupon, and they were testing the double Big Mac and Double Quarter Pounder at the time, so I went with the latter.  Yup, I ate 2 double quarter pounders.  Told that story to my boss at the time, and he quickly pointed out that I'd eaten a pound of meat for lunch.  I'm amazed I didn't have heart palpitations to be honest.

And Quizno's ... yeah... didn't know any of that, so fuck them.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2020, 09:02:04 PM »
I worked at McD's for 2 years of high school and all four years of college. I could write a book!

Also while in college, I interviewed with Taco Bell for a post grad management position. P{art of the process was going through a "realistic" where I worked in a Taco Bell for a couple of hours one afternoon. After about a half hour, I was the best employee they had! :lol

They did offer me a job as a Store Manager right after college. I declined.