15 (12.5%)
Whataburger
2 (1.7%)
In-n-Out
5 (4.2%)
Other (discuss in comments)
19 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Best Fast Food  (Read 30297 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Best Fast Food
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2022, 05:21:50 PM »
I am. I'll check it out. Thank you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2022, 09:11:33 PM »
I really don't get the whole hot chicken craze. Since it's new and shiny they became ubiquitous overnight down here.

I didn't know there was a hot chicken craze. I don't eat out often though so maybe I am just missing it. But when I do get fast food from a hamburger-type place, more often than not I get a chicken burger over a hamburger.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2022, 02:01:25 PM »
Seven months with no fast food talk is too long!

Some genius at the LA Times decided to come with "the official fast food burger power rankings."  Here's the article:  https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2022-10-14/fast-food-burger-power-rankings

For those who just want the list:

23. Burger King
22. Jollibee
21. Wienerschnitzel
20. Sonic
19. Rally's/Checker's
18. Del Taco
17. White Castle
16. Dairy Queen
15. Jack in the Box
14. Steak 'n Shake
13. Habit Burger
12. Wendy's
11. A&W
10. Shake Shack
9. Smashburger
8. Five Guys
7. Culver's
6. Whataburger
5. In-n-Out
4. McDonald's
3. Freddy's
2. Carl's Jr./Hardee's
1. Fatburger

I can't argue too much with Fatburger at #1 (although obviously not a national chain), but McDonald's at #4??!!  A QPC better tasting than a Five Guys Burger, Smashburger and Shake Shack??!!  I've never been to Whataburger, Freddy's, Culver's, Steak 'n Shake or White Castle (and I've never bought the frozen White Castle burgers at the store), and I'd never heard of Jollibee before this.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2022, 02:07:48 PM »
I have also never heard of Jollibee before this.  I do like the desserts from Sonic and Dairy Queen, but their burgers and sandwiches not high up in the reasons why I would go to those.

I remember there was an A&W that we went to in San Dimas long ago.  That place closed long while ago (even before I moved down to the OC in 2017, I think).  I did like their chili cheese fries and floats.  I personally would give more love to Jack in the Box.  The writer rates McDonald's on the high end is a choice.  I do like that Carl's Jr is rated highly and I concur.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 02:15:25 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online faizoff

« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2022, 02:09:39 PM »
When I had a layover at the Doha airport last month for a few hours, I had one of the best burgers I've ever had. It hit all the right spots. I was expecting the worst as it was essentially airport food and I've never really had much luck before especially with burgers. I still remember the taste by looking at the picture. Don't recall the name of the place. But the airport also had one of the best Butter Croissant and Coffee as well.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2022, 02:12:16 PM »
Del Taco sells burgers?  I've only gone there a couple times and didn't even think their mexican food was good, I'd never think to go there for a burger.

And yeah, I don't see how McDonalds makes the list when you compare to some of the more "upscale" burger joints.  McDonalds is delish IMO, I love a big mac, but I almost feel like it's a separate category of burger. 

I never heard of Fatburger or Freddy's.  I also think Carls Jr is disgusting.  So I find this list to be pretty much crap  :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2022, 02:15:43 PM »
Yeah, Del Taco sells burgers.  I mean.  It's not the greatest.  I go there when they have their fish taco deals in the spring and for their fries and taco Tuesdays.

Also, I read the title wrong. It's the ranking based on their burgers, not the overall restaurant.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2022, 02:42:35 PM »

Some genius at the LA Times decided to come with "the official fast food burger power rankings."  Here's the article:  https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2022-10-14/fast-food-burger-power-rankings

23. Burger King
22. Jollibee
21. Wienerschnitzel
20. Sonic
19. Rally's/Checker's
18. Del Taco
17. White Castle
16. Dairy Queen
15. Jack in the Box
14. Steak 'n Shake
13. Habit Burger
12. Wendy's
11. A&W
10. Shake Shack
9. Smashburger
8. Five Guys
7. Culver's
6. Whataburger
5. In-n-Out
4. McDonald's
3. Freddy's
2. Carl's Jr./Hardee's
1. Fatburger

I can't argue too much with Fatburger at #1 (although obviously not a national chain), but McDonald's at #4??!!  A QPC better tasting than a Five Guys Burger, Smashburger and Shake Shack??!!  I've never been to Whataburger, Freddy's, Culver's, Steak 'n Shake or White Castle (and I've never bought the frozen White Castle burgers at the store), and I'd never heard of Jollibee before this.

Does price factor in?  Because FOR THE PRICE, Mickey D's is right where it should be.  I would eat Five Guys every day if it wasn't an arm and a leg to do so.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #323 on: December 01, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
That looks DAMN tasty, faizoff!

Yeah, Del Taco sells burgers.  I mean.  It's not the greatest.

That's an understatement.  My first job (other than a paper route) was at a Del Taco.  My best friend and I got hired at the same time.  He was trained on taco bar (tacos, burritos and tostadas), and I was trained on the grill (burgers and fries and cooking the taco meat and refried beans).

Does price factor in?  Because FOR THE PRICE, Mickey D's is right where it should be.  I would eat Five Guys every day if it wasn't an arm and a leg to do so.

Yeah.  If you click the link, you'll see this photo:

In the "better value/affordability" and "better taste" quadrant are I&O, McDonald's and Wendy's.  I'd definitely put Jack in the Box on the "better taste" side of that line, and the article reads like the guy got a payoff from McD's.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #324 on: December 01, 2022, 03:04:48 PM »

23. Burger King
22. Jollibee
21. Wienerschnitzel
20. Sonic
19. Rally's/Checker's
18. Del Taco
17. White Castle
16. Dairy Queen
15. Jack in the Box
14. Steak 'n Shake
13. Habit Burger
12. Wendy's
11. A&W
10. Shake Shack
9. Smashburger
8. Five Guys
7. Culver's
6. Whataburger
5. In-n-Out
4. McDonald's
3. Freddy's
2. Carl's Jr./Hardee's
1. Fatburger

They gotta pay for those fancy-ass soda machines.  :lol

I've had 11 of them. My thoughts:

Sonic shouldn't even be in the top 50. Worst of the lot.
A&W is pretty low rent down here. Barely above Sonic.
Burger King being beneath those two makes no sense. It' snot great, but it's better than a lot of what's above it. This guy got something against flame broiled or something?
Five Guys tops out most of the ones before it, at least what I've had. It's just too expensive.
Lastly, in 2022 there's little use for most of these places. Plenty of real places selling real burgers for barely much more. Time isn't even a consideration when you factor in how much more crowded a McD's is rather than a proper burger place.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #325 on: December 01, 2022, 03:12:10 PM »

Yup. He's definitely got something against flame broiled. The picture honestly makes the whole thing more baffling. Setting aside my firm belief that InO is fucking nasty, would any sensible person rate 5G that low in terms of tastiness? Behind their choice of 5G or Whataburger, and in particular McDs? I'm thinking the list is one of those things hand-crafted to spark controversy with its absurdity--like the RnRHoF.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #326 on: December 01, 2022, 03:21:51 PM »
I'm thinking the list is one of those things hand-crafted to spark controversy with its absurdity--like the RnRHoF.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2022, 05:10:46 AM »
Most of those chains aren't even up here.  I've been to the US enough to have had a few of them.  There's a handful of semi QSRs up here (South Street Burger, Burger Priest, Hero Burger) that I'd go to over most.  But again, higher priced ala 5G.  I'll say this... a freshly prepared Big Mac by someone who doesn't just slap all the ingredients/toppings on like it's a NASCAR pit stop is a thing of joy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2022, 10:27:35 AM »
I'd go to Burger Priest looking for tie-ins to Judas Priest and be sad.

I will never understand the appeal of a Big Mac.  Less than a 1/4 pound of meat but with 50% more bread?

On another subject, I went to the LA Kings game on Saturday and went to Fatburger before the game (first time since leaving my company's downtown LA office for Orange County).  So...damn...good!  If you've never been and have the chance, do it.  You won't regret it.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2022, 01:02:25 PM »
I'd go to Burger Priest looking for tie-ins to Judas Priest and be sad.

I will never understand the appeal of a Big Mac.  Less than a 1/4 pound of meat but with 50% more bread?

On another subject, I went to the LA Kings game on Saturday and went to Fatburger before the game (first time since leaving my company's downtown LA office for Orange County).  So...damn...good!  If you've never been and have the chance, do it.  You won't regret it.

I don’t think a Big Mac is less than 1/4lb. There are “two all beef patties”, so even if the individual patties aren’t the 1/4lb, I’m sure two of them would be.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2022, 01:16:12 PM »
For me, the beauty of the big mac isn't the meat or amount of meat, it's the big mac sauce.  A lot of the times I just get single cheeseburgers with big mac sauce added. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #331 on: December 05, 2022, 01:49:01 PM »
I don’t think a Big Mac is less than 1/4lb. There are “two all beef patties”, so even if the individual patties aren’t the 1/4lb, I’m sure two of them would be.

Not exactly gospel, but Wikipedia article says that a Big Mac is made with two 1.6 ounce patties (i.e., 3.2 ounces).  A quarter pound is 4 ounces.

For me, the beauty of the big mac isn't the meat or amount of meat, it's the big mac sauce.  A lot of the times I just get single cheeseburgers with big mac sauce added. 

Per a video posted by a McD's executive, the sauce is mayo, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard mixed with vinegar, garlic and onion powder and paprika.  Mustard is Satan's smegma, so that's a big no for me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: December 05, 2022, 01:53:35 PM »
That mixture sounds about right.  I love Mustard personally. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #333 on: December 05, 2022, 02:15:27 PM »

Not exactly gospel, but Wikipedia article says that a Big Mac is made with two 1.6 ounce patties (i.e., 3.2 ounces).  A quarter pound is 4 ounces.

Wow. That's surprising. In truth even a 1/4 pound patty is too small for a burger (1/3 is the proper weight). Considering how much heftier the big mac is they're really pushing everything but meat in the thing. Those numbers do seem to hold up, though, according to employees.

Per a video posted by a McD's executive, the sauce is mayo, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard mixed with vinegar, garlic and onion powder and paprika.

Sounds like a really convoluted way of getting thousand island dressing.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: December 05, 2022, 02:19:16 PM »
Per a video posted by a McD's executive, the sauce is mayo, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard mixed with vinegar, garlic and onion powder and paprika.

Sounds like a really convoluted way of getting thousand island dressing.

That was the rumor for most of my life of that's what big mac sauce is, but it's not exactly the same albeit very close. There's even some sauces you can buy from a store that are similar, but I've yet to find one or make one myself that is exactly the same. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #335 on: December 05, 2022, 03:33:29 PM »

That is exactly correct.  McD's uses two sizes of patty:  1/4 lb. and 1/10 lb. (1/6 oz.).  The 1/4 lb. patties are for the quarter pounder (and used to be for the McDLT, which was probably their best burger, and it's a shame they discontinued it).  The 1/10 lb. patties are for everything else, including the Big Mac, which uses two of them, which is 1/5 lb. total.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #336 on: December 05, 2022, 03:43:01 PM »

That is exactly correct.  McD's uses two sizes of patty:  1/4 lb. and 1/10 lb. (1/6 oz.).  The 1/4 lb. patties are for the quarter pounder (and used to be for the McDLT, which was probably their best burger, and it's a shame they discontinued it).  The 1/10 lb. patties are for everything else, including the Big Mac, which uses two of them, which is 1/5 lb. total.

The 1/6th of an oz. patty seems really incredibly small then.

While we're talking about the Big Mac, this background music that Homer sang behind was pretty sweet, but short.

Homer's recording studio

Offline pg1067

« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2022, 04:53:36 PM »

The 1/6th of an oz. patty seems really incredibly small then.

LOL...I'm pretty sure that Bosk intended to type "1/4 lb. and 1/10 lb. (1.6 oz.)."  Obviously, 1/10 lb. (1.6 oz.) > 1/16 lb. (1.0 oz.).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2022, 05:08:36 PM »
Correct, yes.  Typo. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #339 on: December 05, 2022, 06:30:42 PM »
Fair enough.

I guess for some of us (including myself) the Big Mac is almost like comfort food.

It’s like, my wife makes THE BEST nachos. And they are a million times superior to the “nachos” that you get from AM/PM mini mart (that aren’t even really nachos at all) …but sometimes you just get an itch for that taste treat that you and your friends would pick up at midnight on the way home from a Slayer show.

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #340 on: December 05, 2022, 07:27:46 PM »
Hey, if you like it, you like it.  Nothing wrong with that.  It's rare that I want one, but if I do, that's what I'm getting.  But on the rare occasions I go to McD's for a burger, I usually want a McDouble or just a kids hamburger.  Unless I am specifically craving a Big Mac, I don't want to pay extra money for the extra fat (sauce) and carbs (bread) that I don't need.  If I'm going to eat poorly and dump a bunch of stuff in my body that I don't need, I'm usually going to make it worth it and go for what I consider a better class of burger.

Of the ones on that list that I have tried, I would rank the best as:
1.  Habit
2.  Smash
3.  In-N-Out
4.  5 Guys

I would consider all of those a cut above typical "fast food."   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2022, 09:31:40 AM »
I guess for some of us (including myself) the Big Mac is almost like comfort food.

It’s like, my wife makes THE BEST nachos. And they are a million times superior to the “nachos” that you get from AM/PM mini mart (that aren’t even really nachos at all) …but sometimes you just get an itch for that taste treat that you and your friends would pick up at midnight on the way home from a Slayer show.

For sure...I generally think McD's is bleh, but my family is well-acquainted with my "semi-annual McDonald's craving."  My confusion about the Big Mac is simply the dearth of beef.  There's a proper beef:bread ratio, and 1/5 of pound of beef to THREE buns is way on the wrong end for me.  When I go to McD's, I'm getting a Quarter Pounder (or occasionally a McDouble).

Of the ones on that list that I have tried, I would rank the best as:
1.  Habit
2.  Smash
3.  In-N-Out
4.  5 Guys

I would consider all of those a cut above typical "fast food."   

I've said lots about I&O already, but one thing those four places have in common is that they never freeze their burger meat.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »
Very true.  And I don't know if I've posted my general take on In-N-Out, so here it is in a nutshell:  Good food.  Not great.  But good.  I don't get the fanaticism.  But I don't get the hate from detractors either.  It's not bad.  And as I said, I would put it a cut above "typical fast food" burgers.  Not something I go out of my way for very often, but something I definitely want every now and then. 

I'll also say that their operation is pretty dialed in.  Most of the ones I have seen pretty often have a drive through line that wraps around most of the parking lot.  But they keep that line moving really quickly, moreso than most places that have drive throughs, so the wait is usually not nearly as bad as it looks and is often close to the equivalent time to much shorter drive through lines at other places.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: December 06, 2022, 09:50:12 AM »
Heading to LA next week, definitely planning on an In-N-Out dinner while out there.  I agree, it's fine, but nothing special.  It mostly gets attention from us East Coasters because we don't have it over here.  I do really like the Animal Style fries and burger though, it goes along with why I like the Big Mac, that thousand island style sauce.  Throw that on the fries too, and yeah, I enjoy it quite a bit but admit, it's truly nothing special at the end of the day.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »
I've actually never had the animal style fries.  I usually do that with the burger, but haven't tried it with the fries.  Just seems to unnecessarily messy to me. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2022, 10:31:35 AM »
I've actually never had the animal style fries.  I usually do that with the burger, but haven't tried it with the fries.  Just seems to unnecessarily messy to me.

They give you a fork, but I find that the cheese hardens fairly quickly so it ends up not being too messy at all considering the toppings.  I actually hate how that happens and wish it were a bit more loose for dipping the fries into the the sauce and cheese.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2022, 10:55:54 AM »
I'm a big fan of Chick-fil-A. When I moved out to CA 20 years ago, I had never heard of them. Not even sure when I first had it. But all I know is, the last decade-plus or so, that's the spot. Their chicken sandwich is unrivaled and I've tried many competitors'. Their fries are also awesome. I remember dragging bosk to CFA many times when we both worked fairly close to one another. Miss those days of CD shopping and CFA at lunch, bosk-man!

As for burgers, it's hard. So many to choose from. I'm not a big fan of McDonalds and BK. I've had good stuff from In N Out, The Habit and some others. But not sure I have a clear winner. But I consider fast food to be places with a drive-thru, so, The Habit is out. Honestly though, while I like In N Out, I don't know what the big deal is. I tried it 20 years ago when I got out here. It's good, but way overhyped.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2022, 11:05:58 AM »
A new Chick-Fil-A opened up near work this year.  I've eaten there so much that I have red level reward status with them  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #348 on: December 06, 2022, 11:08:59 AM »
Very true.  And I don't know if I've posted my general take on In-N-Out, so here it is in a nutshell:  Good food.  Not great.  But good.  I don't get the fanaticism.  But I don't get the hate from detractors either.  It's not bad.  And as I said, I would put it a cut above "typical fast food" burgers.  Not something I go out of my way for very often, but something I definitely want every now and then. 
I've never thought it was particularly tasty, and more importantly I always feel bad after eating it (one of only two places, and the other is no more). And while I don't necessarily object to thousand island dressing on a burger (not my first choice, but not terrible), most people seem to think it's the only thing that makes their burgers palatable. You tell somebody you don't like their burgers and they always reply "oh, you've got to get them animal style!"

Also, I have no idea why their fries aren't better. They should be excellent, and they're average, at best.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2022, 11:26:27 AM »

I'll also say that their operation is pretty dialed in.  Most of the ones I have seen pretty often have a drive through line that wraps around most of the parking lot.  But they keep that line moving really quickly, moreso than most places that have drive throughs, so the wait is usually not nearly as bad as it looks and is often close to the equivalent time to much shorter drive through lines at other places.

Honestly, I think most of the hate is a pushback against the over-the-top fanaticism.  For me, the biggest issue is the lack of portability (which seems to be much worse than most other places.  As for the operation, yeah, I think that's right, although I refuse to sit in the drive-thru line.  I park and go inside and almost always am out quicker than if I'd used the drive-thru.  They also hire above the bottom of the apparel.

This article echoes a lot of what you wrote (and is funny to boot):  https://www.cracked.com/blog/5-beloved-restaurants-that-are-seriously-overrated

Heading to LA next week, definitely planning on an In-N-Out dinner while out there.  I agree, it's fine, but nothing special.  It mostly gets attention from us East Coasters because we don't have it over here.  I do really like the Animal Style fries and burger though, it goes along with why I like the Big Mac, that thousand island style sauce.  Throw that on the fries too, and yeah, I enjoy it quite a bit but admit, it's truly nothing special at the end of the day.

See the above article re "animal style."  The "animal style" burger includes spreading mustard on the patty(ies) while they cook, so that's immediate gag for me.  I don't think mustard is used for the AS fries, but I have no interest in a pile of thousand island dressing on my fries.

I'm a big fan of Chick-fil-A. When I moved out to CA 20 years ago, I had never heard of them. Not even sure when I first had it. But all I know is, the last decade-plus or so, that's the spot. Their chicken sandwich is unrivaled and I've tried many competitors'. Their fries are also awesome. I remember dragging bosk to CFA many times when we both worked fairly close to one another. Miss those days of CD shopping and CFA at lunch, bosk-man!

When I worked at a Baskin-Robbins at a mall back in the mid-/late '80s, there was a Chick-fil-A a couple stores down, and I'd regularly eat their nuggets on my break.  When the BR closed, I didn't see another CFA until well into the '00s.  I still love the nuggets (not a big chicken sandwich guy.  The only downside is that they have some of the same drive-thru line issues that I&O has.  Also, for some reason, my wife boycotts CFA.