15 (12.5%)
Whataburger
2 (1.7%)
In-n-Out
5 (4.2%)
Other (discuss in comments)
19 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Best Fast Food  (Read 30060 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Best Fast Food
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2020, 08:45:03 AM »
Speaking of orange juice, for T-Giving, I made a cranberry sauce that had chunks of orange in it (and some other things; I'll have to dig out the recipe).  It was so good, over the next couple days, I actually used the sauce in lieu of other condiments/dressings on the inevitable post-Thanksgiving sandwiches.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2020, 08:55:43 AM »
My wife makes the best cranberry relish! She starts with boiling fresh cranberries  with some sugar and adds fresh pineapple,, oranges and other stuff. I love it and it tastes great over vanilla ice cream!  :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2020, 10:21:42 AM »
My wife makes the best cranberry relish! She starts with boiling fresh cranberries  with some sugar and adds fresh pineapple,, oranges and other stuff. I love it and it tastes great over vanilla ice cream:tup

Whoa I never thought of that; cheesecake as well.   Dammit, I threw out the last bits before I could try that.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2020, 10:53:55 AM »
I was just politely reminded by wifey that relish is uncooked and hers is more of a sauce because she boils the cranberries in sugar water and when the cranberries burst then it's ready to dress with the rest of the ingredients.

Yes dear..........

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2020, 01:52:25 PM »
You guys ever been to Cook Out?  It's mostly in the Southeast US.  Their food is pretty good and cost-effective, and they have easily the best fast food milkshakes on the planet.  My favorite is the peanut butter & banana.

Their Reese's shake is fuckin N I C E.
:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2020, 01:53:50 PM »
You guys ever been to Cook Out?  It's mostly in the Southeast US.  Their food is pretty good and cost-effective, and they have easily the best fast food milkshakes on the planet.  My favorite is the peanut butter & banana.

YES! I remember when I first moved to Charlotte a few years back and everyone kept telling me to go to cook out. I got a burger with a side of nuggets and fries and a large coke for like $6. It was all really good too.
I also really like them because if you get the Big Cook Out Tray, you can get a corn dog as a side.  Sweet.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2020, 03:26:24 PM »
Best fast food desserts:

Taco Bell cinnabon bites

Del Taco cheesecake bites

Carl's Jr chocolate cake

Jack's mini churros, cheesecake slice

KFC chocolate cake

Burger King has some good pie slices

Wendy's Frosty
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2020, 08:23:49 AM »
I don't get dessert from fast food places often but if I do it's a Wendy's Frosty or it's a Oreo McFlurry

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2020, 08:30:13 AM »
I don't get dessert from fast food places often but if I do it's a Wendy's Frosty or it's a Oreo McFlurry

DQ Blizzard is the only dessert I ever get from QSRs
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2020, 10:43:42 AM »
I hardly ever eat dessert in general so I really haven't even tried most of the fast food dessert options to have any opinion.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
Best fast food desserts:

Taco Bell cinnabon bites

Carl's Jr chocolate cake

KFC chocolate cake

Wendy's Frosty

The Taco Bell cinnamon things are really good.  The caramel apple empanada they used to have was several orders of magnitude better.

Several years ago, BK had some sort of cheesecake/pie thing that was really good, but I don't remember what it was.

If a shake counts as dessert, a vanilla malt from Shake Shack is one of the best things I've ever tasted.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline dparrott

« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2020, 07:09:51 PM »
I forgot about the empanada and McFlurry!  Yum.

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2020, 07:30:21 PM »

I got a large Blizzard with double Reese's and it blew my tits clean off my chest. There were so many Reese's chunks in there that the composition of the fucker was like a glass filled with gravel which then had water poured in cuz that was how precariously the soft serve had to fit through the orgasmic quagmire of peanut butter cups. I intentionally let it melt on the countertop for 45 minutes so I could just drink it and it might've been the best snack I've ever had.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2020, 07:36:01 AM »
:lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2020, 07:55:19 AM »
Best fast food desserts:

Taco Bell cinnabon bites

Carl's Jr chocolate cake

KFC chocolate cake

Wendy's Frosty

The Taco Bell cinnamon things are really good.  The caramel apple empanada they used to have was several orders of magnitude better.

Several years ago, BK had some sort of cheesecake/pie thing that was really good, but I don't remember what it was.

If a shake counts as dessert, a vanilla malt from Shake Shack is one of the best things I've ever tasted.

Shakes do count for me; I'll sometimes get a shake from McDonald's for a treat, even though I don't usually get "dessert" from fast food joints.   When my family goes for ice cream (we have a couple local creameries near me that are only open from like April to October) I will frequently get a malt or milkshake (black raspberry is my go-to) rather than a cup or cone of ice cream.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2021, 12:54:01 AM »
I got a large Blizzard with double Reese's and it blew my tits clean off my chest. There were so many Reese's chunks in there that the composition of the fucker was like a glass filled with gravel which then had water poured in cuz that was how precariously the soft serve had to fit through the orgasmic quagmire of peanut butter cups. I intentionally let it melt on the countertop for 45 minutes so I could just drink it and it might've been the best snack I've ever had.

Sounds delicious.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2021, 07:52:08 AM »
Sweet potatoes can just get the fuck out of the french fry business as far as I am concerned.
Yeah, I have to agree. Every once in a while I think to myself "hey, that sounds good, I'll give them a try," and I'm always sorely disappointed. They just don't fry well. Roasted with other veggies? Hell yeah. Not fried, though.

The worst part of sweet potatoes is that every holiday gathering somebody has to bring "the best sweet potatoes you've ever eaten! My late grandmother's recipe. You'll love them!" When I mention that I never like those things because they're always too sweet, EVERY SINGLE TIME they say "oh, mine aren't like that. You'll love mine. They're not sweet at all."  Of course there's always a 1 1/8" layer of praline topping all over it. And worse still, sometimes marshmallow. Half gallon of Aunt Jemima? Of course. Fucking savages. These people ruin an otherwise tasty starch.

I'm with you; as much as I love sweet potatoes, if it has sugar or maple syrup in them, I'm out.  They are sweet enough for me right out the ground.   I may - MAY - use a little honey butter (one of the steakhouses does that; Outback?) but in my home, it's a little butter, salt and pepper and that's it.

I'm with ya'll on the too sweet potato casserole. It's just gross! I used to hate sweet potatoes and now I know why. Now I love them with just a little butter salt and pepper. I also had a recipe that included orange juice as opposed to butter but I need find that.
I'm with all of you on that.  I have never liked that preparation.  Can't agree on the sweet potato fries though.  They rock!

I want that.  I want that RIGHT NOW.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »
When my family goes for ice cream (we have a couple local creameries near me that are only open from like April to October) I will frequently get a malt or milkshake (black raspberry is my go-to) rather than a cup or cone of ice cream.

I love you so much.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2021, 11:34:59 AM »

Old school, and you CAN taste the difference. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2021, 11:36:43 AM »
Stads, have you every hit up Arethusa's dairy for some ice cream?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2021, 12:33:05 PM »
I have not, but generally I'm a big fan of those types of places. There are three or four within reasonable driving distance of me, and nothing beats a warm summer night, going for ice cream at a farm.   

Offline frogprog

« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2021, 03:29:28 PM »
Damn. I do like Sonic and today I found out they closed my local one for good. It must be a sign from God that I shall not enjoy tater tots in the Home depot parking lot again. amen.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »
Damn. I do like Sonic and today I found out they closed my local one for good. It must be a sign from God that I shall not enjoy tater tots in the Home depot parking lot again. amen.

Not enough places offer tater tots, and it's truly one of humanities greater downfalls.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2021, 07:04:55 PM »
Well, I got me a coupon for $1.00 for chili cheese tater tots or fries at Sonic's, and it's only good for today, so I might as well get that along with a hot dog and one of those Frito's Burritos.  No shakes today though.  Too cold to get one.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2021, 08:07:40 PM »
So... had the Popeye's chicken sandwich today for the first time.

It's the real deal. That sumbitch is worth the hype.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »
So... had the Popeye's chicken sandwich today for the first time.

It's the real deal. That sumbitch is worth the hype.

I literally haven't had a Popeye's sandwich in 27 years, but I used to love their BBQ chicken sandwich.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:01 PM »

Not enough places offer tater tots, and it's truly one of humanities greater downfalls.
How bout tater tots and jalapenos, wrapped in bacon, skewered with cheese melted on top?

Their burgers are top notch, too. And, they fry their own handmade pies.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2021, 08:49:13 PM »
It must be a sign from God that I shall not enjoy tater tots in the Home depot parking lot again.

Again? I cannot imagine enjoying anything in a HD parking lot.  :) 

I do appreciate when establishments offer tots as an alternative to fries. There is a regional Mexican chain up here that offers "Mexi-Fries" (essentially very salty tater tots) that are an all-time Top 5 fast food offering of mine.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2021, 11:40:46 PM »
Five Guys is the best of that list. Would still choose a local shwarma, doner or fish and chip joint over any of them.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2021, 07:24:42 AM »

How bout tater tots and jalapenos, wrapped in bacon, skewered with cheese melted on top?

Their burgers are top notch, too. And, they fry their own handmade pies.

I hate jalapenos but think I'd still eat those.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2021, 09:06:30 AM »
Well, I got me a coupon for $1.00 for chili cheese tater tots or fries at Sonic's, and it's only good for today, so I might as well get that along with a hot dog and one of those Frito's Burritos.  No shakes today though.  Too cold to get one.

If I recall correctly, you live in the right area for this:  if you want really good tater tots, Joe Schmoe's on Ball and Moody is the place for you (and pretty much everything else on the menu is awesome too).

Five Guys is the best of that list. Would still choose a local shwarma, doner or fish and chip joint over any of them.

I literally have no idea what two of those three things are.  LOL!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2021, 09:13:17 AM »
^^ That's a bit of a drive for me (around 12 miles).  I live closer to Anaheim (in Garden Grove) near Angels Stadium and Honda Center than Cypress, but I guess when this pandemic winds down in a couple of months, I will consider going to Joe Schmoe's.  Looks good.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2021, 09:19:31 AM »

First two are arabic and turkish kebab dishes (rotisserie cooked lamb, beef or chicken in a flatbread with spicy sauces, yogurt based dressings and a decent chunk of vegetables), the latter is a British classic of battered and deep fried cod/haddock with chips (steak fries for the yanks). The latter can be bought all over the UK and the former can be found in a lot of places in europe, especially cities with decently sized migrant populations. Pretty much of all them are family businesses, so chains have much less of a hold compared to burger and pizza joints for instance.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2021, 09:30:00 AM »
Doner [-kebab] and shwarma are what we call gyro. It's all the same thing. While we consider it Greek food, it's a fast food staple for the rest of the world. These places are everywhere. They're also quite often kickass. One of the best things I ate in Europe was a doner-kebab from the Karlsruher Hauptbahnhof.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »

First two are arabic and turkish kebab dishes (rotisserie cooked lamb, beef or chicken in a flatbread with spicy sauces, yogurt based dressings and a decent chunk of vegetables), the latter is a British classic of battered and deep fried cod/haddock with chips (steak fries for the yanks). The latter can be bought all over the UK and the former can be found in a lot of places in europe, especially cities with decently sized migrant populations. Pretty much of all them are family businesses, so chains have much less of a hold compared to burger and pizza joints for instance.

Fish & chips was the one of the three that I knew.   :biggrin:

^^ That's a bit of a drive for me (around 12 miles).  I live closer to Anaheim (in Garden Grove) near Angels Stadium and Honda Center than Cypress, but I guess when this pandemic winds down in a couple of months, I will consider going to Joe Schmoe's.  Looks good.