Author Topic: New LTE - LTE 3 2021!!  (Read 55194 times)

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: New LTE - LTE 3 2021!!
« Reply #770 on: May 23, 2021, 04:11:55 PM »
I too first heard RiB from Fantasia 2000. That sequence is great, as is The Firebird Suite and Pines Of Rome.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #771 on: May 30, 2021, 04:48:25 PM »
The Fantasia movies were both great.  I give a slight nod to the original, but Fantasia 2000 isn't bad at all.  Walt's original concept was to do an entire series of them, setting classic pieces of music to animation, and thus introduce classic music to the masses in a somewhat "sneaky" way (my word, not his).  I think that's great.  A lot of us were "sneakily introduced" to classic music via cartoons, though for most of us it was Warner Bros' Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies.

I mean, how many of us cannot hear Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" without singing "♫ Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit!" to ourselves?

That certainly hooked me.
Though whenever I hear "Ride of The Valkyries" now I'm always thinking Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #772 on: May 31, 2021, 03:20:45 AM »
The Fantasia movies were both great.  I give a slight nod to the original, but Fantasia 2000 isn't bad at all.  Walt's original concept was to do an entire series of them, setting classic pieces of music to animation, and thus introduce classic music to the masses in a somewhat "sneaky" way (my word, not his).  I think that's great.  A lot of us were "sneakily introduced" to classic music via cartoons, though for most of us it was Warner Bros' Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies.

I mean, how many of us cannot hear Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" without singing "♫ Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit!" to ourselves?

I second that. My parents purchased Fantasia on VHS for me as a kid, not knowing that it wasn't a regular cartoon. It sparked my interest in neo-classical elements in popular music, later prog metal, and later actual symphonies and chamber music.

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Re: New LTE Coming Spring 2021!!
« Reply #773 on: June 03, 2021, 06:49:35 PM »
Can anyone with the BD handy tell me if there is some loud static/popping noise at around 31:16 into the album, not far into the beginning of "Rhapsody In Blue", in the STEREO mix of the album?

I double checked the 5.1 Mixes and they both sounded clean, but for SOME reason, in the stereo mix at that time stamp, there is some invasive loud popping static for about 8-10 seconds. It's It's only blemish I've heard on the BD's stereo mix so far as I'm giving it giving it better watch/listen tonight.

-Marc.
Hi Marc! I just received mine this week and unfortunately it has exactly the same problem. :tdwn
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: New LTE Coming Spring 2021!!
« Reply #774 on: June 04, 2021, 02:07:13 AM »
Can anyone with the BD handy tell me if there is some loud static/popping noise at around 31:16 into the album, not far into the beginning of "Rhapsody In Blue", in the STEREO mix of the album?

I double checked the 5.1 Mixes and they both sounded clean, but for SOME reason, in the stereo mix at that time stamp, there is some invasive loud popping static for about 8-10 seconds. It's It's only blemish I've heard on the BD's stereo mix so far as I'm giving it giving it better watch/listen tonight.

-Marc.
Hi Marc! I just received mine this week and unfortunately it has exactly the same problem. :tdwn

I reported the issue to Burning Shed who didn't seem that bothered*. However, after some gentle persuasion, they eventually agreed to report it to the label. I've heard nothing since. That was about six weeks ago.

* This is typical of Burning Shed in my personal experience. Lots of people rate them highly but I can only speak as I've found.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 04:08:59 AM by nobloodyname »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #775 on: June 04, 2021, 06:17:14 AM »
I bought it through Laser CD, reported to them the problem and they were a bit harsh in their response:

"No. Obviously its in the mix and according to you its a known issue.

We are not the label. You should contact the label in Germany. You can only get the blu ray separately from the label.  Perhaps they can sell you one."

Niiiice..., right?
I'll try to contact IO, see what happens and tell you.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #776 on: June 05, 2021, 09:59:35 PM »
Thanks for the responses! Yeah, stores aren't very respectful or responsible for faults in the albums or products unless they're given replacements by the label. My Transatlantic TAU boxset had a poorly cut poster and I tried to see if I could get a replacement from Laser CD but they told me to contact the label in a not-so-super-polite way. So I contacted Inside Out but they told me because I didn't buy it from them I couldn't get a replacement, so I just have to live with a poorly cut poster. Ah well.

It's been a on-going thing over this past year that some of these releases just have defects or issues with them, be it with the packaging, or the pressing of the discs, or something in the mix. It seems like there have been issues with many folks as every level of album production after the recording process. Maybe the pandemic is to blame? Perhaps there is less time for these things to get checked on by the label for they're finalized, just to try and get the product out in a timely manner, since we've seen delays from many bands with regards to new releases. I'd rather a release be delayed by a month or two just to make sure every little thing is checked on before it's released.

I haven't gone back to watch my LTE3 BD since that first night nearly two months ago because that one part with the static just kind of ruined the experience for me. At least it was just the BD and not the actual audio CDs with the issues.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline darkshade

« Reply #777 on: June 06, 2021, 07:48:10 AM »
Something I've noticed lately with CDs is I sometimes have trouble ripping them onto my computer. It only happens with newer releases as far as I can tell, my computer just doesn't recognize the discs, and I have to eject and try again a few times, or just try again another day after restarting the computer. Older CDs, pressed during 80s, 90s, or 00s, whether used or new condition, rip just fine. Not sure if it's my computer. I didn't have any problem ripping LTE3, though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #778 on: June 27, 2021, 08:39:36 PM »
Not sure how I would tweak the track listing, but a recent listen of this tells me that Blink of an Eye is not only by far the best of the bonus disc jams, but one of the top tunes from this whole thing.  Put that on the regular disc in place of Hypersonic (which is wank fest and lacking in any memorable melodies) and the proper album becomes a lot better, IMO.  Liquid Evolution still should have been like three time as long as it is.  Of all of the songs on this that feel a bit too long, crazy how that one was cut so short.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #779 on: July 19, 2021, 02:11:43 PM »
After spending much time away from LTE3, I gave it a relisten today, and it holds up, even RIB. I thought I'd tire of hearing it, but it's placed so well on the main album, and it just rocks. The overall flow of the album is very nice, a very fitting follow up to the first 2 albums. It almost feels like each song is better than the last, while the opener is fast, there's no depth to the song, but it still rocks. All the main songs kick ass, anyway, particularly the last track KTTI, up there with When The Water Breaks as one of the band's best tunes, and the shorter 'in between tracks' are cool and lovely as well, especially Shades of Hope, which I had initially dismissed as a poor man's State of Grace, but no, this tune is gorgeous.
On to the bonus disc!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #780 on: July 30, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »
LA Show from the reunion tour was uploaded earlier today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmJ4iYYVgus

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #781 on: July 30, 2021, 09:54:49 PM »
Is that a current show? When is it from?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #782 on: July 30, 2021, 09:58:22 PM »

From about 13 years ago, during the 10th Anniversary Tour in 2008.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #783 on: July 30, 2021, 10:04:37 PM »
Cool, thanks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #784 on: July 30, 2021, 11:13:23 PM »

Going all the way back to 1983, that's the best live show I've ever seen. The Jordan Rudess thing was so kick ass I'm flying to see him play in San Diego thirteen years later.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #785 on: July 31, 2021, 11:42:16 AM »

Going all the way back to 1983, that's the best live show I've ever seen. The Jordan Rudess thing was so kick ass I'm flying to see him play in San Diego thirteen years later.
Do you mean the current solo tour that Jordan is doing?  I'm pondering making the four hour drive to catch him in Portland Oregon.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline emtee

« Reply #786 on: July 31, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »
To this day, there is no drummer I'd rather watch in a live setting, than Mr. Mike Portnoy.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #787 on: July 31, 2021, 12:37:13 PM »

Do you mean the current solo tour that Jordan is doing?  I'm pondering making the four hour drive to catch him in Portland Oregon.
The best show part was the LTE in LA gig from that video. The show it inspired me to catch is the Rudess solo thing in September. Seems kind of simple to me. The odds of it being great are far better than the odds of it being awful.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #788 on: July 31, 2021, 12:39:40 PM »
Ok,  thanks Barto.  You probably just talked me into going to the Portland show.  :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #789 on: August 01, 2021, 07:41:14 AM »
To this day, there is no drummer I'd rather watch in a live setting, than Mr. Mike Portnoy.

That's me.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #790 on: August 04, 2021, 03:29:46 PM »

I thought about going to this show too, but I really dislike General Admission. I'm getting too old to stand in line for hours hoping to get a good seat.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #791 on: August 05, 2021, 09:36:16 AM »

I thought about going to this show too, but I really dislike General Admission. I'm getting too old to stand in line for hours hoping to get a good seat.
With the small venues he's playing I'm not sure how that could be an issue. The SD show only holds 150.  The other two So-Cal venues seem to be jazz clubs.
E.F. Benson

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #792 on: August 05, 2021, 11:07:23 AM »
Do you think that Rudess fans would be that hard core about waiting in line for hours at the venue to make sure they get in first?  I would think most of them would be hanging out at a nearby diner or pub up until 30 minutes before the show.
   :lol

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #793 on: August 07, 2021, 01:21:16 PM »

With the small venues he's playing I'm not sure how that could be an issue. The SD show only holds 150.  The other two So-Cal venues seem to be jazz clubs.

Saw him in June, only show I've seen since Covid, (Nick caught me at the end to say hi) and it was great. Not many people there but they saw an amazing show. I don't know if I'd drive hours to see it because living in the Northeast kind of spoils me but I would absolutely see him again if he comes back.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #794 on: August 07, 2021, 01:22:45 PM »

From about 13 years ago, during the 10th Anniversary Tour in 2008.

-Marc.

That show is on the LTE Box from 2009.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #795 on: March 09, 2023, 08:20:37 PM »
How is this aging for everyone?

I gave this a recent spin, and while Disc 1 has some good stuff, the bonus disc is definitely more to my liking; it seems a bit more adventurous and unpredictable, and I like the laid back nature as well.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #796 on: March 09, 2023, 08:40:09 PM »
It’s probably my favorite LTE. I like that they separated the compositions from the jam sessions. I didn’t care much for those on the first two albums so I liked having a full album that was a bit more fully composed.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #797 on: March 09, 2023, 08:40:53 PM »
I like the Rhapsody in Blue cover. Nothing else really stood out to me.

Offline HOF

« Reply #798 on: March 09, 2023, 08:43:53 PM »
Been a while, but I think the only things I’ve really come back to from this are on the second disc.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #799 on: March 09, 2023, 08:46:49 PM »
Aging really well. It’s probably my favorite of their albums now even though the other 2 have higher highs.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #800 on: March 09, 2023, 08:56:10 PM »
Yeah, it's the best of the three, if we're just counting the main disc. It's got some small bits I don't really like (the slower part in Hypersonic, all of Chris And Kevin's Amazing Odyssey which is an instant skip and a total waste of a track), but it's very solid overall. The Passage Of Time and Key To The Imagination are still awesome.

Here's hoping we get a tour or LTE4 in the not-too-distant future.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2023, 05:30:22 AM »
Can't say I've listened to it at all in well over a year.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online faizoff

« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2023, 05:33:44 AM »
I listened to it  a couple of months back and it was just as great as I remembered. Yes the bonus stuff is great too but I really prefer disc 1 and have yet to watch that bonus footage of the band jamming that's on the bluray.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #803 on: March 10, 2023, 05:57:53 AM »
It’s probably my favorite LTE. I like that they separated the compositions from the jam sessions. I didn’t care much for those on the first two albums so I liked having a full album that was a bit more fully composed.

See, I think the first two work a lot better due to the variety.  Separating the jams and putting them on their own disc just gives the album an odd feel. 

I think Hypersonic, which I feel is pretty blah, kicking off the main disc doesn't help.  That felt like an obvious attempt to write another Paradigm Shift or Acid Rain, but while the lead track from the first two albums still managed to have good melodies despite the blistering pace, Hypersonic just feels like a whole lot of wank without anything memorable involved. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #804 on: March 10, 2023, 05:58:33 AM »
I still spin it from time to time and enjoy both discs.

Here's hoping we get a tour or LTE4 in the not-too-distant future.

If I remember correctly, when the reunited for LTE3 they signed a two album deal. My guess is we get LTE4 sometime down the road and then a tour.
Photobucket sucks.