Author Topic: New LTE - LTE 3 2021!!  (Read 55199 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: New LTE teased?
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
Fuck. Yes.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2020, 02:21:42 PM »
I'm excite.

I wonder if MP was just behind or he/they planned him being late to bump the suspense?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
 All things considered, this has been an AMAZING year: new LTE announced, Petrucci and Portnoy working together again, new Transatlantic, new DT live album, new Derek Sherinian album, AC/DC coming back...I know, covid sucks and we didn't have concerts for 9/12 of the year, but from a musical standpoint, it wasn't a bad year at all. I'm excited for LTE!!!!

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »
Liquid Tension Experiment 2 is probably in my Top 5 albums of all time and Liquid Tension Experiment 1 isn't far behind. This should be awesome, hopefully!

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »
Bearing in mind that the last time I listened to LTE MP was still part of DT, I can't say that I really care about the project. But....

BTW, it is a nice marketing.  :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2020, 02:33:26 PM »
Huh. Who woulda thunk it.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline JLa

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2020, 02:35:23 PM »
Trying not to build up unrealistic expectations here... but LTE and LTE2 is what got me into the whole progressive music scene in the first place, I love those albums to death.

Soooo happy right now!!!!  :heart :heart  ;D ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »
Oddly, I'm kind of fired up about this.  I can't say I listen to the first two all that much but given where we are, and all that's happened since they came out, this is something to look forward to.   And I've heard Bart rave about the show a couple times, so it will be one I go see as well, for sure.

Offline emtee

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »
Happy to see them making music together again.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »
This is awesome!!!

Online HOF

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2020, 03:16:24 PM »
Oddly, I'm kind of fired up about this.  I can't say I listen to the first two all that much but given where we are, and all that's happened since they came out, this is something to look forward to.   And I've heard Bart rave about the show a couple times, so it will be one I go see as well, for sure.

I was really excited to hear about MP and JP working together on JPs last album but truthfully I haven’t even bothered to check it out yet. But LTE 3 seems like a more exciting proposition.

Offline DTA

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2020, 03:23:42 PM »
Not sure I need an LTE3 but this was a really fun way to announce it. Hopefully it'll be as awesome as the first two

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2020, 03:47:47 PM »
Great news. The first two are still totally awesome and getting a third is quite a treat.  :hat :hat

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »
Trying not to build up unrealistic expectations here... but LTE and LTE2 is what got me into the whole progressive music scene in the first place, I love those albums to death.

Soooo happy right now!!!!  :heart :heart ;D ;D
Same here, am excite

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2020, 04:15:17 PM »
Cool...Should be interesting to see what these guys come up with. Especially since, JR has new toys and sounds to mess with.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2020, 04:29:57 PM »
exciting news, although it's been 22 years? since they composed anything together which sometimes that long of a break can impact the comparison to the original work.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2020, 04:45:45 PM »
To this day the 08 show in Downy is the single best show I've seen. While I'm certainly interested in new music, I'm more interested in being able to go somewhere and see them play again. That's one I'd travel to hell to see if it were the only option.

I still kick myself for not going to that show.  The Downey Theatre is less than 13 miles from where I lived at that time.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2020, 04:48:01 PM »
This made even me enter and post in the DT sub, now that dosen't happen often these days.  :facepalm:

Nvm i'm dum dum. Awesome news!  :metal
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 05:08:34 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2020, 05:01:24 PM »
To this day the 08 show in Downy is the single best show I've seen. While I'm certainly interested in new music, I'm more interested in being able to go somewhere and see them play again. That's one I'd travel to hell to see if it were the only option.
I still kick myself for not going to that show.  The Downey Theatre is less than 13 miles from where I lived at that time.
Not to rub it in, but yeah, you did miss out! Why'd you skip it?
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2020, 05:12:13 PM »
MP posted this on IG in August, I assume it's all recorded already:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2020, 05:57:59 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2020, 06:05:18 PM »
MP posted this on IG in August, I assume it's all recorded already:

Wow, excellent!!! I was prepared to wait a little more, but better this way, no doubt!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline krands85

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2020, 06:06:54 PM »
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2020, 06:33:06 PM »
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
I want more songs like Acid Rain where they each just go off on 11 for the entire song.   :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »
Wait, wait, wait.

So,

no Lars?

Seriously, this is AWESOME news! Long overdue!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »
I want more songs like Acid Rain where they each just go off on 11 for the entire song.   :metal

I am sure there will be a few like that, but great melodies are what make the difference. The first two had playing off the charts by all four, but the great melodies throughout were what made the difference. 

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2020, 09:19:23 PM »
Never really cared much for LTE other than a cool side project. I didn't even bother to get those albums until, I dunno, 5-6 years ago.

Still, this is cool.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2020, 09:26:02 PM »
Did not see this one coming at all. I assume it was also written and recorded at DTHQ.

I was never in the "make LTE 3" camp, but now that it's actually happening, I'm for it. Just hope that there's more carefully composed stuff vs the "let's just jam, record it and make a track out of it" approach they used for some of their music.

Anyway, looks like we'll get new DT and LTE in 2021 :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2020, 12:06:27 AM »

:metal

Major contender for Post of the Year  :lol :lol

Offline IgnotusPerIgnotium

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2020, 04:33:37 AM »
Liquid Tension Experiment 2 is probably in my Top 5 albums of all time and Liquid Tension Experiment 1 isn't far behind. This should be awesome, hopefully!
I'm right there with you, LTE2 blew and stills blows my mind, I love this album! I'm super excited about the third one..just let it rip man,I hope they go crazy with long, heavy, progressive songs..and let us hope maybe a tour and a live show DVD/Blu-Ray?!  :coolio

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2020, 08:38:12 AM »
Let's just be grateful that we're getting an album. None of us have the right to demand that a particular artist/group does anything, and how that thing should turn out. But now this is happening, I'm really excited for it.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »
Long overdue!! :tup

Seriously awesome news! :hefdaddy

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2020, 10:55:36 AM »
This is probably the only instrumental group that truly excites me with the prospect of a new album.  This is an insta-buy for me.  :hat

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2020, 12:34:33 PM »
Both MP and JP have now posted the full picture! I love that it's still as weird and low-budget as the pictures/covers for the first two albums  :lol

any rock can be made to roll