Author Topic: New LTE - LTE 3 2021!!  (Read 55746 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: New LTE Coming Spring 2021!!
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2020, 03:40:26 PM »
You know, it would be great if we could avoid MP vs. MM discussions in a thread that has nothing whatsoever to do with one of them.
Yes, and in order for that to happen, I'd like to respectfully mention that Tony Levin is giving everyone in the band a run for their money (and he's 74, shreds like a maniac, lovely)

To me, Tony Levin is the secret sauce of this project.  He is on my Mount Rushmore of bass players on the strength alone of the first two LTE albums.  Okay, his work with Peter Gabriel and on King Crimson's Discipline gets a huge assist, but the LTE albums are what make him an all-time bad ass bassist (for me).

I LOVE his work in Liquid Tension Experiment but that stuff is far from his best work, Many of his solo projects, other collaborations, and yes, King Crimson are much better examples of his work for me. He's definitely a guy that excels more in a live setting for me.

I don't disagree at all.  I am just such a fan of those LTE albums! :coolio :coolio

Offline HOF

« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2021, 07:01:33 AM »
March 26th release date, preorders start on January 22. Artwork here:

https://twitter.com/jpetrucci/status/1348630751756001280?s=21

Buried the lede. It’s a two CD album it appears.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2021, 07:14:50 AM »
Cool artwork!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2021, 07:25:21 AM »
An italian webzine has the tracklist:

01. Hypersonic (8:22)
02. Beating The Odds (6:09)
03. Liquid Evolution (3:23)
04. The Passage Of Time (7:32)
05. Chris & Kevin’s Amazing Odyssey (5:04)
06. Rhapsody In Blue (13:16)
07. Shades Of Hope (4:42)
08. Key To The Imagination (13:14)

Adding that "the second disc will contain more than an hour of jams and improvs".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2021, 07:31:58 AM »
The jams are apparently a bonus disc. It is not a double album as far as I understand.

Online faizoff

« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2021, 07:42:03 AM »
Sweet! that Blu-ray &  2 CD set has my sights on it already.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2021, 08:00:23 AM »

Same. Going for the Artbook.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2021, 08:01:49 AM »
The jams are apparently a bonus disc. It is not a double album as far as I understand.
It is my doubt if this time they totally separated the written songs and jam songs in 2 CDs or if the second CD is more like jam's leftovers. I asked about it in the MP Facebook, maybe he will clarify about that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:11:07 AM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2021, 08:19:36 AM »

Same. Going for the Artbook.
I would think that the artbook will be really cool for this one!  I would like the poster too.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline HOF

Re: New LTE teased?
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2021, 08:26:34 AM »
Double album: CD1 - composed songs and CD2 - jam songs. :metal

It wouldn’t shock me to get something like Three Minute Warning part 2 as a side long jam on a second disc. Seems like the kind of thing they would do.

Hey, devieira73 called the format!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:44:33 AM by HOF »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2021, 08:27:15 AM »
An italian webzine has the tracklist:

01. Hypersonic (8:22)
02. Beating The Odds (6:09)
03. Liquid Evolution (3:23)
04. The Passage Of Time (7:32)
05. Chris & Kevin’s Amazing Odyssey (5:04)
06. Rhapsody In Blue (13:16)
07. Shades Of Hope (4:42)
08. Key To The Imagination (13:14)

Adding that "the second disc will contain more than an hour of jams and improvs".

Nice! I really appreciate that they're keeping the jams and improvs on the 2nd disc, so I can completely ignore that and focus on the main one :lol :biggrin:

It's also interesting to see they recorded Rhapsody in Blue, a cover they did live in 2008. There's already pro footage of that one, so we already have our first taste of the album (sort of).

EDIT: I decided to run the LTE3 teaser they uploaded a while ago through Shazam again and it now confirmed it comes from the first track, Hypersonic.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:34:11 AM by gzarruk »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2021, 08:47:03 AM »
The full press release if anyone wants to see it here:

LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT
Announce details for new album ‘LTE3’
Album due out March 26th, 2021

2020 came to a close with LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT announcing their return and new album to be released on InsideOutMusic. Today, the legendary supergroup comprised of Mike Portnoy (Transatlantic, Sons of Apollo), John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel) are pleased to officially announce that the new album ‘LTE3’ will be released on March 26th, 2021 via InsideOutMusic, twenty-two years after the bands’ last studio album.

“After over 20 years since the last time we recorded together, the four of us stepped into the studio and it was as if no time had passed at all! All of the magic that made the first two LTE albums so special was still there and we had such a great time making this record. I’m extremely proud of what we created together and can’t wait for everyone to hear it!” -John Petrucci

“The best thing to come out of 2020 was this long-awaited reunion! And it was surely worth the wait as after all these years, the magic chemistry was still there and stronger than ever!”-Mike Portnoy

LTE3 Tracklisting:
1. Hypersonic (8:22)
2. Beating The Odds (6:09)
3. Liquid Evolution (3:23)
4. The Passage Of Time (7:32)
5. Chris & Kevin’s Amazing Odyssey (5:04)
6. Rhapsody In Blue (13:16)
7. Shades Of Hope (4:42)
8. Key To The Imagination (13:14)

Bonus Disc:
Including almost an hour of improvised jams

The pre-order will start on January 22nd 2021 and the album will be available as:
•Limited deluxe hot pink 3LP+2CD+Blu-ray Box Set (incl. a poster and 4 artcards, Blu-ray includes a 5.1 surround mix with visuals, and full band interview from the studio)
•Limited 2CD+Blu-ray Artbook
•Limited 2CD Digipak
•Gatefold black 2LP+CD
• Digital album (2CD)

Watch the recently released teaser trailer, created by Christian Rios, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvCuDIMIzo&feature=youtu.be

I'll either get the boxset or the artbook, depending on how expensive the boxset will be. This was the best news to wake up to on a Monday morning!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2021, 09:10:00 AM »
Already hating the "this is the true DT coming back" comments. People can suck sometimes lol.

Really excited for this though.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2021, 09:20:24 AM »
Dumb question, but what IS an artbook?  Is that the packaging that looks like a book, like the Marillion deluxe sets, or the Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast set?   I think my Yes "The Word Is Live" came in that format too.  Or is it more like the Kaleidoscope set that is bigger, about the size of an LP?  Or something else?

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Re: New LTE teased?
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2021, 09:20:36 AM »
Double album: CD1 - composed songs and CD2 - jam songs. :metal

It wouldn’t shock me to get something like Three Minute Warning part 2 as a side long jam on a second disc. Seems like the kind of thing they would do.

Hey, devieira73 called the format!
:coolio :coolio ;D

But, I still have some doubt  :corn
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2021, 09:29:22 AM »
Dumb question, but what IS an artbook?  Is that the packaging that looks like a book, like the Marillion deluxe sets, or the Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast set?   I think my Yes "The Word Is Live" came in that format too.  Or is it more like the Kaleidoscope set that is bigger, about the size of an LP?  Or something else?

Typical Inside Out artbooks are more like the Kaleidoscope one you have pictured. They're roughly LP sized books with the discs set inside the covers, and pages of art, lyrics, interviews, photos and more within the book itself.

As an owner of a couple dozen of these, they're easily some of my favorite music purchases ever, definitely worth the price (most of the time).

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2021, 09:32:41 AM »
Already hating the "this is the true DT coming back" comments. People can suck sometimes lol.

Glad Myung isn't on bass or it would be even worse.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2021, 09:49:21 AM »

To me, people saying this is the real Dream Theater is super disrespectful to Myung. I get that people don’t like LaBrie (although nobody calls WDadU their favorite Dream Theater album so I don’t wanna hear it), and I get that they’re not happy with what the band has put out with Mangini, but Myung has been there by Petrucci’s side since day one. He deserves better than to be ignored by his own fans.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline NoFred

« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »

To me, people saying this is the real Dream Theater is super disrespectful to Myung. I get that people don’t like LaBrie (although nobody calls WDadU their favorite Dream Theater album so I don’t wanna hear it), and I get that they’re not happy with what the band has put out with Mangini, but Myung has been there by Petrucci’s side since day one. He deserves better than to be ignored by his own fans.

I’d guess reactions are 0% about Myung, 25% JLB, and 1100% MM

Offline genome

« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2021, 10:25:55 AM »
Anyone know where to preorder the Vinyl? Or has that not been revealed yet?

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2021, 10:31:43 AM »

I think, pre orders will be up on 22 January! Usually, you can pre-order the InsideOut releases at all normal sellers, including Amazon. Smaller shops often have individual vinyl colors though (Just For Kicks, JPC, Burning Shed, ...).

I'm pretty sure the 3 pink LP set will include the jams on vinyl, but I wonder how they'll do it. One hour doesn't fit on one LP and the regular album doesn't fit on 3 LP sides, at least not in the order given in the press release.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2021, 10:42:20 AM »
I wonder how much 'Rhapsody in Blue' has got to do with the Gershwin piece.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2021, 10:59:36 AM »
I wonder how much 'Rhapsody in Blue' has got to do with the Gershwin piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq9I9Zyy7_k
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: New LTE!!
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2021, 11:15:43 AM »

EDIT: I decided to run the LTE3 teaser they uploaded a while ago through Shazam again and it now confirmed it comes from the first track, Hypersonic.

That teaser could be any part of a song. Could be the middle section, the ending, and even the intro. It's like if they released the intro to Paradigm Shift as a teaser  :lol. It would be awesome to start off the album with this teaser, it would fit with Paradigm Shift, and Acid Rain. It'd be even cooler because each first track would then increase in intensity, if the teaser was the first song intro, and it went into something more  :metal.

If Shazam is right, then good golly, I hope the teaser is the Hypersonic intro and it does go into something more metal... :metal
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online faizoff

« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »

Typical Inside Out artbooks are more like the Kaleidoscope one you have pictured. They're roughly LP sized books with the discs set inside the covers, and pages of art, lyrics, interviews, photos and more within the book itself.

As an owner of a couple dozen of these, they're easily some of my favorite music purchases ever, definitely worth the price (most of the time).

-Marc.

Yup, they are great to browse through.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2021, 11:25:09 AM »

-Marc.
I always heard they were called Earbooks, like the ones Ayreon releases but I guess labels might call them diffrent.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »

-Marc.
I always heard they were called Earbooks, like the ones Ayreon releases but I guess labels might call them diffrent.

Inside Out calls them artbooks, Mascot Records calls them earbooks. No one really knows why they're EAR books, but people have just come to accept that terminology, but use artbook interchangeably with them as well.

I think, pre orders will be up on 22 January! Usually, you can pre-order the InsideOut releases at all normal sellers, including Amazon. Smaller shops often have individual vinyl colors though (Just For Kicks, JPC, Burning Shed, ...).

I'm pretty sure the 3 pink LP set will include the jams on vinyl, but I wonder how they'll do it. One hour doesn't fit on one LP and the regular album doesn't fit on 3 LP sides, at least not in the order given in the press release.

The main album is about an hour, so we're look at about 2 hours, or 120 minutes of music to put on 6 sides of vinyl, which is fairly doable, but the running order of the main album might have to change to fit 20ish minutes per side.

-Marc.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2021, 12:05:10 PM »
Ugh yes I do call WDADU my favourite DT album, I'm not saying its the best but for me it the most loved it's captures a time and spirit that is unique.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2021, 01:13:47 PM »
Ha ha, there’s always one!  I knew when they said that nobody calls it their favourite, someone would prove that wrong.  I like WDADU more than most people on here, it’s a cool album but it’s not my favourite.

Online faizoff

« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2021, 01:27:44 PM »
I remember one of the Eddie Trunk shows that MP had come on along with maybe someone else (can't remember) they were taking questions from listeners and one of them said told MP that he's been a fan since day one and my favorite album is WDADU, bar none. And MP had this very quizzical response almost bewildered that 20 years later in their career (I think the interview was around Systematic Chaos) there were people that ranked the 1st album as their favorite, I distinctly remember the tone of his voice when he said "really? OK"

MPs interview with Eddie Trunk were always the best before podcasts, youtube, etc.. took hold.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »
Trunk is too unbearable for his interviews to be the best anything.

Aside from that, I am psyched for this 3rd LTE album.  If this is released on vinyl, I wonder if the first two will get vinyl re-releases as well? Would be sweet to get all three.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2021, 03:26:48 PM »
The best part of Eddie Trunk now is when he posts something on Twitter, and someone will invariably post "Way to make it all about you, Ed!".    And, of course, they're right as rain.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2021, 05:15:36 PM »
I find Eddie Trunk annoying because he interrupts the people he's interviewing wayyyyy too much.  :tdwn
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline darkshade

« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2021, 05:30:28 PM »

I’d guess reactions are 0% about Myung, 25% JLB, and 1100% MM

No offense to Myung Man, but I always considered him the most easily replaceable member, as I don't find anything he does to be his "signature" thing or his parts stick out like "oh yea that's Myung on bass" like you get with Tony Levin, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, Steve Harris, Jaco Pastorius, Mike Gordon, Phil Lesh, Victor Wooten, etc... I know I didn't word that the way I wanted to...
A slew of talented bassists could replace him and you likely wouldn't notice the difference.
As opposed to JLB, JP, KM, JR, and as we now know, MP being replaced. Though I'd be fine with a new DT singer...

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2021, 08:21:04 PM »
A few things that come to mind.

1. It’s wild that (it seems like) MP already recorded two albums at the new DT HQ before Mangini even recorded one.

2. It’s insane that we’re getting a new DT album, a new LTE album, and a new Transatlantic album in the same year.

3. I wonder if JP used his new 8 string one LTE. 🤔
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios