Author Topic: Anyone else have issues with Century Media? no live in london for me apparently  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Air Weaver

I emailed Century Media last week, no response yet. (What exactly is 48 business hours? That sounds like it could be 6 business days)

I tried calling the phone number that is on my bank statement - not in service. That strikes me as shady.

ISSUE

I pre-ordered the Bluray CD combo at the end of September, and like a fool I typed my email in wrong. I immediately contacted them and they said it would be fixed on my order. No problem with my billing or shipping address, so I figured it would work out anyway.

I never got an email confirming shipment of my order. Not surprised with the error I made, but now I am worried.

I go to the website, it looks like this set is no longer available. So if someone finally notices my email and fixes my problem, there may not be stock to even replace what I ordered.

I try to avoid Amazon and support a small distributor but when they make it extra hard to get any kind of help, it makes me wonder why.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I had got this email from Century Media...

"Thank you for ordering Dream Theater - Distant Memories - Live in London Ltd. Deluxe 3CD+2Blu-Ray+2DVD Artbook from the Century Media Official Store. Due to delays at every step of the release process, caused by the current global pandemic, including printing, packing, shipping, importing, and more, the release date for Dream Theater - Distant Memories - Live in London Ltd. Deluxe 3CD+2Blu-Ray+2DVD Artbook has been forced to move from 11/27 to 12/18. We expect to receive stock by 12/11. Your order will ship on or around that date, and you will receive an email confirmation when it ships.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
The Century Media Family"
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Madman Shepherd

Beat me to it. Yeah, bummer...but with covid this is somewhat understandable.

Offline Air Weaver

Ah.... so the only confusion i would still have is which sets are delayed. I didn't get the vinyl. I see people have seen the bluray, so it must have shipped. CDs as well? Or is it the CD that's holding things up? Maybe all multi-media sets?

If we're all waiting, I'm cool with that - just with my order being somewhat lost in the cracks, I am not sure if it's because I'm in a boat with lots of others or if this issue was just me.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
I think it's all delayed at this point, pretty sure Covid-19 is an equal opportunity logistics nightmare.

Offline goo-goo

I did received the Cd/Bluray and Artbook from LaserCD last week. But Ken from LaserCD did mention that supply chain even for pre-orders is all over the place.

I wanted to get the Devin Townsend bluray, and Ken had to pull it off from the pre-order section because he didn't even have enough units for the pre-order. So right now, my advice (coming from Ken lol since it was his) is to grab on to the pre-order as soon as it goes online. At least in LaserCDs case anyways.

Offline goo-goo

LaserCD just got some 3CD/2BR bundles. I'm no way affiliated with LaserCD but it's my go to store for prog. Never had an issue with them.

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/distant-memories-live-london-3cd2-blu-ray

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...

"Thank you for ordering Dream Theater - Distant Memories - Live in London Ltd. Deluxe 3CD+2Blu-Ray+2DVD Artbook from the Century Media Official Store. Due to delays at every step of the release process, caused by the current global pandemic, including printing, packing, shipping, importing, and more, the release date for Dream Theater - Distant Memories - Live in London Ltd. Deluxe 3CD+2Blu-Ray+2DVD Artbook has been forced to move from 11/27 to 12/18. We expect to receive stock by 12/11. Your order will ship on or around that date, and you will receive an email confirmation when it ships.

Regards,

That's the email I got and it was the last communication from them I received. I was going to give it another week before I send them an email.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Regards,

That's the email I got and it was the last communication from them I received. I was going to give it another week before I send them an email.

I'm not expecting another email until Monday-Wednesday.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline faizoff

I wonder if they got stock on 12/11. I'm guessing they didn't as my order status is still in progress and not shipped. I'm going to email them and see how long they take to respond.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Trav86

I wonder if they got stock on 12/11. I'm guessing they didn't as my order status is still in progress and not shipped. I'm going to email them and see how long they take to respond.

I’ve emailed them everyday since Saturday and I have received 0 response. Zero, nothing, nada.
My order status says “In Progress”. On Saturday it showed it would be shipped on 12/15 and on the 15th it changed to 12/18.

Now, I realize that shipping in the U.S. is all backed up right now. My wife is still waiting on Christmas gifts that supposedly shipped out a month ago. But Century Media could at least keep us notified. Or at least respond to one of my emails.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Ben_Jamin

I’ve emailed them everyday since Saturday and I have received 0 response. Zero, nothing, nada.
My order status says “In Progress”. On Saturday it showed it would be shipped on 12/15 and on the 15th it changed to 12/18.

Now, I realize that shipping in the U.S. is all backed up right now. My wife is still waiting on Christmas gifts that supposedly shipped out a month ago. But Century Media could at least keep us notified. Or at least respond to one of my emails.

They're probably understaffed as well. Lots of these distribution places are understaffed now. And also the packaging places, the delivery services, and the many other things that are part of the process are all affected by Covid. It just is unfortunate Century Media is being affected pretty hard.

I still yet have to receive my Devin Townsend Order Of Magnitude Blu-ray yet. But I did get my Frost 13 Winters finally. So there's that.

Offline faizoff

I did receive a reply back so I'm hoping it will be mailed soon. I can wait honestly not in a super rush, just wanted an update more than anything.

"Thank you for contacting Century Media Official Store!

Your order is currently scheduled to ship on or around 12/18/2020.This date is subject to change due to covid-related restrictions and delays. Once shipped you will receive a confirmation email. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out."
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Ben_Jamin

I did receive a reply back so I'm hoping it will be mailed soon. I can wait honestly not in a super rush, just wanted an update more than anything.

"Thank you for contacting Century Media Official Store!

Your order is currently scheduled to ship on or around 12/18/2020.This date is subject to change due to covid-related restrictions and delays. Once shipped you will receive a confirmation email. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out."

Hopefully, if anything we'll get an email stating it shipped tomorrow.

Offline Trav86

Now it says “Ships on or about 12/22/2020”. I guess we’ll get it eventually.
Can't we find the minds

Offline faizoff

Yeah just checked my status now says it will be shipped on or about "12/21/2020"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Yeah just checked my status now says it will be shipped on or about "12/21/2020"
This is what it said for me when I checked about an hour ago.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

I haven't even gotten an email.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
I haven't even gotten an email.

I've gotten nothing. I should probably send them an email but US shipping is a cluster right now so I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Offline Madman Shepherd

Omgomgomg....

Mine finally shipped.

About time.

Offline faizoff

Same here. Got an email from today that it has shipped from VA. I don't expect to get it delivered this week but will wait and see.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Yay...Should expect it around chirstmas time. It'd be fantastic if it got delivered before then.

Offline TheRich13

Shipped !! I’m in Florida !! Hoping for Thursday .....
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Mine shipped.  Hopefully I have it by New Years.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Yep....I received notification yesterday mine has shipped as well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Anxiety35

Why is Century Media releasing this? They're not good. Had friends in a band that were on that label and they stated how bad the label was. We saw the evidence too (poor marketing, not enough label support, etc.). I know it's not a huge label, but why wouldn't InsideOut release this?

Offline Madman Shepherd

Isn't Century Media essentially owned by Sony?

When were you friends' band on the label? It used to be independent so it may be completely restructured by now.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Isn't Century Media essentially owned by Sony?

When were you friends' band on the label? It used to be independent so it may be completely restructured by now.

Yes, and InsideOut is a part of the Century Media Family.

https://www.centurymedia.com/label.aspx

Offline Trav86

Mine shipped today. FedEx tracking shows that I’ll have it Wednesday.
Can't we find the minds

Offline The Letter M

I was told on November 23rd that they "expect to receive stock by 12/11. Your order will ship on or around that date, and you will receive an email confirmation when it ships."

Fast forward to yesterday, 12/20, and I finally got shipping notification.

I don't expect it to arrive before New Years. My reason? I ordered Frost*'s 13 Winters artbook from Century Media and, after a delay, was told it would ship on 12/8. I got a shipping notification email on December 10th, but according to the USPS tracking number, the label was created on the 6th, but the package wasn't accepted at the Crozet, VA facility til 12/15. It then went south to North Carolina (further away from me in MD), and has been in transit from Greensboro, NC since the 16th (over 5 days by now), with zero updates since the 16th.

So at this rate, I doubt I'll get my Distant Memories set before New Years.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Never thought of Sony as a great record label but there aren't too many majors left anymore due to consolidation.

I got the email too. If I'm lucky, it will show up before the new year Ode DeJoy. If not, it gets here when it gets here.

Offline geeeemo

I have a USPS tracking # that says I will receive on 12/31.  Funny, I ordered the first day I could....Later, when I realized my friend had just turned into a
big DT fan, I wanted to order one for her as well. None available at Century, so I ordered from Napalm - 6 weeks later - and she got hers on the 24th! Yay, she had never seen DT live at all and she said it was her best Christmas present! :metal :heart

Offline Madman Shepherd

I guess Century Media wants to make sure this is the very LAST release I will get in 2020.

Assholes.

Offline The Letter M

So, despite shipping nearly a week after Frost*'s 13 Winters, I received my Distant Memories artbook today, and still no shipping update on 13 Winters since the 16th.

At least my Distant Memories artbook arrived in one piece and WOW it looks great!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Architeuthis

I guess Century Media wants to make sure this is the very LAST release I will get in 2020.

Assholes.
I ordered mine from "Red Yeti Records" based in California and received it exactly one week later. I paid a little extra for priority mail,  worth it.    :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP