Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 71723 times)

Offline nick_z

Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #1085 on: July 17, 2023, 04:17:29 PM »
I thought the version you were referring to was the "Late Night" edition, which only exists (for now) as an exclusive CD sold at shows (not digital yet)...the one sold on TS store is the Til Dawn version:

https://store.taylorswift.com/products/midnights-the-til-dawn-edition-digital-album

(i.e. the one that has the additional bonus tracks that were originally Target exclusives). This one does have Paris and Glitch (based on the cover, at least), plus everything else, and it's cheaper than the 3am version:

https://store.taylorswift.com/collections/all/products/midnights-3am-edition-digital-album

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1086 on: July 17, 2023, 07:32:12 PM »
See, now my head hurts.  :lol :lol

I can't keep all of this straight.  I just stockpile them in my iTunes under the Midnights label and make it easy on myself.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1087 on: July 17, 2023, 07:59:51 PM »

I can't keep all of this straight.  I just stockpile them in my iTunes under the Midnights label and make it easy on myself.

It's all part of a masterplan that we can't quite comprehend yet  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1088 on: July 18, 2023, 05:54:39 AM »

It's all part of a masterplan that we can't quite comprehend yet  :lol

Well, I am sure it is all by design, being that she is a mastermind. :P

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1089 on: July 18, 2023, 06:19:04 AM »
Well played, I was pretty sure you wouldn’t disappoint  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1090 on: July 18, 2023, 06:25:24 AM »
Haha.  Only three cities left on the US tour, and it is a shame to see it coming to an end.  It has been a fun tour to follow on Twitter to see what the surprise songs are each weekend and what funny little moments happen.  I enjoyed this past weekend where she accidently sang "myspace" instead of "my face" in the Bejeweled bridge, and you could then hear her trying not to laugh at herself for the next 5-10 seconds while continuing to sing. :lol :lol

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #1091 on: July 30, 2023, 10:45:24 PM »
Bought Speak Now (Taylor’s Version). I’ve never heard the original album so I went in totally blind and I really enjoyed it. I don’t think I’d even heard Enchanted before, but now it’s probably my favorite of her songs, it’s an absolutely fantastic song!

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1092 on: August 01, 2023, 03:05:56 PM »
https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-bonus-eras-tour-truck-drivers-1235383095/amp/

a job on the eras tour seems like good work if you can get it, holy crap!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1093 on: August 01, 2023, 03:28:34 PM »

Online faizoff

« Reply #1094 on: August 01, 2023, 09:16:14 PM »
Apparently the bonuses cover over $55 million USD for everyone. Jeez

https://people.com/taylor-swift-gives-bonuses-totaling-55-million-every-person-working-eras-tour-7568556

I read that her current tour is projected to earn $1.4 Billion USD becoming the highest tour earnings and the first to cross the Billion mark.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1095 on: August 03, 2023, 08:36:20 AM »
and she finally came through for Canada, 6(!) nights in Toronto in november 2024

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1687102339931574272?s=46&t=LEHmPJPF1j9Ww7YDAWaMpw

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1096 on: August 03, 2023, 08:37:27 AM »
and yes I’m trying to register for the presale right now while at work, lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #1097 on: August 03, 2023, 10:36:55 AM »
Some Miami dates added too, which apparently you can start buying tickets next Wednesday for shows 14 months away. Wow.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1098 on: August 10, 2023, 08:04:37 AM »
last night was the final gig of this first leg of Eras tour, started all the way back in march!   Also she announced 1989 Taylor’s Version as the next release on October 27th

Online faizoff

« Reply #1099 on: August 10, 2023, 09:01:28 AM »
I got waitlisted for the Miami shows. Checked on stubhub, nosebleeds are going for min $1k. Guess my 8 year is not going to be seeing her next year.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1100 on: August 10, 2023, 09:13:50 AM »
last night was the final gig of this first leg of Eras tour, started all the way back in march!   Also she announced 1989 Taylor’s Version as the next release on October 27th

She's really pumping them out one after another, isn't it?

Anyway, it makes sense. They're re-recordings, they're not brand new albums, no need to take 5 years or more to do it, especially since the whole point is to actually earn profits from these albums.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1101 on: August 10, 2023, 09:27:09 AM »
I got waitlisted for the Miami shows. Checked on stubhub, nosebleeds are going for min $1k. Guess my 8 year is not going to be seeing her next year.

I got the waitlist for toronto dates too , booh!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1102 on: August 15, 2023, 09:34:14 AM »

She's really pumping them out one after another, isn't it?

Anyway, it makes sense. They're re-recordings, they're not brand new albums, no need to take 5 years or more to do it, especially since the whole point is to actually earn profits from these albums.

And all she has left now are her name and her reputation!!!  :) :) :)

(The only two albums she hasn't re-recorded are her debut, "Taylor Swift" and "Reputation").

I'm really pumped for 1989; that's my favorite album of hers, and I think "Wildest Dreams" and "New Romantics" are two of her best songs. 

Harry Styles just followed her on Instagram (this info is fresh from my daughter) so there are rumblings that he's on there somewhere (many of the songs on 1989 are allegedly about him).

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1103 on: August 15, 2023, 11:44:44 AM »
lit took me ridiculously long to realize there is literally a song called STYLE (a fairly big hit too) on 1989  :facepalm:

Offline HOF

« Reply #1104 on: August 15, 2023, 12:55:45 PM »
lit took me ridiculously long to realize there is literally a song called STYLE (a fairly big hit too) on 1989  :facepalm:

I am pretty sure I’d never heard of Harry Styles or their relationship until long after that album was out.

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1105 on: August 21, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »
So, a while back, my daughter started playing Taylor Swift's songs around the house. I gotta admit, at first I was kinda skeptical – I mean, I'm a middle-aged guy and I've always been into rock and stuff like that.

But you know what? Slowly but surely, Taylor's music started growing on me. The more I listened, the more I realized just how talented she is. The way she weaves stories into her songs is something else. It's like she's able to capture feelings and experiences that resonate with people of all ages.

And you know what album really did it for me? "Folklore." Man, that album is a whole vibe. The mellow tunes, the introspective lyrics – it's just a masterpiece. It's crazy how music can bring generations together. Here I am, jamming out to Taylor Swift alongside my daughter, and it's become this little bonding thing for us.

So yeah, consider me a fan now. Never thought I'd say that about a pop artist, but Taylor's music has a way of breaking down barriers.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1106 on: August 21, 2023, 02:22:57 PM »
So, a while back, my daughter started playing Taylor Swift's songs around the house. I gotta admit, at first I was kinda skeptical – I mean, I'm a middle-aged guy and I've always been into rock and stuff like that.

But you know what? Slowly but surely, Taylor's music started growing on me. The more I listened, the more I realized just how talented she is. The way she weaves stories into her songs is something else. It's like she's able to capture feelings and experiences that resonate with people of all ages.

And you know what album really did it for me? "Folklore." Man, that album is a whole vibe. The mellow tunes, the introspective lyrics – it's just a masterpiece. It's crazy how music can bring generations together. Here I am, jamming out to Taylor Swift alongside my daughter, and it's become this little bonding thing for us.

So yeah, consider me a fan now. Never thought I'd say that about a pop artist, but Taylor's music has a way of breaking down barriers.

i was actually vibing really hard with this until i saw her live a few weeks ago. i found her on-stage persona to be really fake in a cringey way. i'm not trying to troll or anything, i am a pretty decent fan of her music, i loved folklore + evermore, etc. ever since the show though i haven't had much of a desire to listen to her because i found her stage antics pretty off-putting
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1107 on: August 21, 2023, 02:34:10 PM »

This.   My kid and I were already close, but this brought us together, and was a real bonding thing between her and her step mother.   The three of us regularly "trade" music now, and it's fun.

« Reply #1108 on: August 21, 2023, 03:02:09 PM »

This.   My kid and I were already close, but this brought us together, and was a real bonding thing between her and her step mother.   The three of us regularly "trade" music now, and it's fun.

i don't have a kid so i can't relate, but there are definitely a lot of taylor swift songs that transcend generations. my recent live experience reservations aside, this is well put.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 08:12:04 AM by TheHoveringSojourn808 »
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1109 on: August 22, 2023, 12:04:59 AM »

That's so nice Stadler! So far, it's been just Taylor Swift that's been the common musical ground for me and my daughter. However, I'm hoping to broaden our horizons a bit and explore some new genres and artists together. While my daughter hasn't been into music like Dream Theater and other rock/metal bands in the past, I think that the door is now open for us to discover more shared interests in music which is very cool.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1110 on: August 22, 2023, 12:23:43 PM »

That's so nice Stadler! So far, it's been just Taylor Swift that's been the common musical ground for me and my daughter. However, I'm hoping to broaden our horizons a bit and explore some new genres and artists together. While my daughter hasn't been into music like Dream Theater and other rock/metal bands in the past, I think that the door is now open for us to discover more shared interests in music which is very cool.

I don't know if it will work for you, but one thing that helped open the door was when "her" bands/artists - like Taylor but also bands like One Direction and Panic! At The Disco - would do covers, I would ask her to listen to the originals.   Swift did a version of "Drops of Jupiter" live, and I love that song, so we listened to the Train version.  P!ATD did a Queen cover, so we listened to some Queen.  One Direction did a song that sounded just like "Changes" by David Bowie, so we listened to some Bowie.   I forget, but somehow she heard "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac, so we listened to Rumours, and she fell in love with it (it's one of her favorite albums now). 

Whatever way works for you; I wasn't trying to get her to like my music - I don't "pick" what I like, so I can't imagine it's different for her - just expose her to as much music as possible and let her decide what she wants to listen to.

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #1111 on: August 24, 2023, 01:41:47 PM »
That is a great approach and I will keep it in mind myself, thanks for sharing!

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1112 on: August 28, 2023, 04:17:42 PM »
she finally did Cornelia Street as one of the surprise songs in Mexico

« Reply #1113 on: August 29, 2023, 09:54:37 AM »
she finally did Cornelia Street as one of the surprise songs in Mexico

big ups to taylor for gifting us this gem 🎶🙌
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1114 on: August 31, 2023, 10:23:16 AM »
Eras Tour in theaters october 13th https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwm810ahz3u/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I’m assuming this means it will eventually be available to stream on Netflix or Disney+ later

Online faizoff

« Reply #1115 on: August 31, 2023, 10:30:48 AM »
It was such a bitch to get tickets for those too lol. At least these would cost a lot less and my daughter can listen in some great surround sound.

There are a ridiculous amount of screenings in my city for those three days. I wouldn't be surprised if they added more shows.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1116 on: August 31, 2023, 11:42:22 AM »
that’s a pretty quick turnaround on this thing , I remember hearing some shows had more cameras than usual and she used the same costumes all 3 or 4 nights but that was towards the end of the US tour.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1117 on: August 31, 2023, 11:53:42 AM »
It was such a bitch to get tickets for those too lol. At least these would cost a lot less and my daughter can listen in some great surround sound.

There are a ridiculous amount of screenings in my city for those three days. I wouldn't be surprised if they added more shows.

she really is a money printing machine right now it’s insane.  I’m sure it won’t last forever but everyone is riding that gravy train , even movie theaters lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #1118 on: August 31, 2023, 12:56:05 PM »
I just counted, she has about a 100 screenings for Friday and then 145 screenings on Sat and probably another 145 on Sun. That's just insane and a lot of them show as sold out already. Madness.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1119 on: September 01, 2023, 09:12:39 AM »
I guess it shouldn't be a surprise with how AMC's site was super slow yesterday after the announcement.

https://deadline.com/2023/09/taylor-swift-eras-tour-movie-ticket-presales-box-office-1235533199/
‘Taylor Swift: Eras Tour’ Concert Film Breaks AMC Record For First Day Presales With $26M, Beating ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’