Author Topic: Concerts on Blu-ray  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Concerts on Blu-ray
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:30:22 PM »
Amazon's search function fucking blows!

I tried "concerts on blu-ray" and got over 4000 matches, including DVDs, regular movies, even TV shows on DVD.  And you can't change the number of results per page.  You're stuck at 16 per page, and I'm not going to scroll through 250 pages of 16 items at a time, especially when half the results aren't even what I asked for.

I noticed that it was set was to "All" so I changed it to "Movies & TV", which brought the number of results down to 3000.  There wasn't a "Music" category.

I tried "music", "concert", even just putting "Blu-ray" in the search bar, and it still gave me DVDs.

I tried variations of quotes, plus signs, ampersands... every page, half the items shown didn't match the search parameters I'd entered, so what's the fucking point?

FUCK!

I'm trying to do what my wife has been bugging me about for a couple of weeks now, which is to provide a Christmas list.  Kansas has a new album out, Rick Wakemen even put an album out that's supposed to be pretty good.  They're on the list.  I can't think of any others right now.  But concerts in Hi-Def are the bomb, so I figured I do some browsing, but holy shit, they do NOT know how to write a fucking search engine.  Biggest fucking retailer in the world, powered by the worst search engine I've ever seen.

Yeah, it occurred to me that this is on purpose.  They don't care that you came looking for "concerts+Blu-ray", they want to sell you the fucking Dick Van Dyke show on DVD.  Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool.  The Dick Van Dyke show was funny as hell, plus Mary Tyler Moore in those rayon slacks...  Did you know that they actually got in trouble with the censors over that?  They actually asked them to not include shots of Mary walking away from the camera.  Hell, that's half the reason to watch that show!

But I digress.

Somebody please suggest concerts on Blu-ray, so I can put them on my Christmas list.  I'll also take suggestions on how to game Amazon's piece of shit search bar on their website.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts on Blu-ray
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:50:30 PM »
Not sure if our tastes align, but I also love hi def surround sound concerts on blu-ray, so I will list a bunch that I have and enjoy.. and specifically have good video and sound quality (some blu-rays don't have surround sound or do but have more grainy video)

Iron Maiden - Flight 666
Iron Maiden - En Vivo
Nightwish - Vehicle of Spirit
Devin Townsend - Retinal Circus
Def Leppard - Viva Hysteria
Metallica - S&M2
Steven Wilson - Home Invasion
Pagans Mind - Full Circle
Redemption - Alive in Color

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 07:09:16 PM »
Amazon search indeed blows for categories. I've tried to just search prime video in 4k and get all random shows not at all in 4k. Anyways, I have a  ton of concert blurays. I have a ton on DVDs as well, which I need to upgrade to Bluray.

This is my entire list that include albums as well, bolded are some of my absolute favorite concert performances. I still have a few more I intend on getting.

Between the Buried and Me: Future Sequence - Live at the Fidelitorium
Between the Buried and Me: Coma Ecliptic: Live
Dream Theater: Live At Budokan
Dream Theater: Breaking the Fourth Wall
Dream Theater: Live at Luna Park
Dream Theater: Distance Over Time
Flying Colors: Live in Europe
Flying Colors - Second Flight: Live At The Z7
Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day
Marillion: Holidays In Zelande
Meshuggah: The Ophidian Trek
Metallica: Quebec Magnetic
Muse: Live at Rome Olympic Stadium
Neal Morse: Morsefest! 2014
Neal Morse: Morsefest 2015 Sola Scriptural and ? Live
The Neal Morse Band: Alive Again
The Neal Morse Band: Morsefest 2017 - The Testimony of a Dream
The Neal Morse Band: The Similitude of a Dream
The Neal Morse Band: The Great Adventour - Live in BRNO 2019
Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I-IV
Opeth: Pale Communion
Opeth: Garden of the Titans - Live at Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Peter Gabriel: Live in Athens
Peter Gabriel: Secret World Live
Peter Gabriel: Growing Up Live
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Peter Gabriel: Back to Front - Live in London
Porcupine Tree: Arriving Somewhere...
Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize
Queen: Rock Montreal & Live Aid
Queen: Hungarian Rhapsody -Live In Budapest
Rush: 2112
Rush: R40 (Rush in Rio / R30 / Snakes & Arrows Live / Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland / Clockwork Angels Tour)
Rush: R40 Live
Slayer: Repentless
Spock's Beard: Snow Live
Steven Wilson: Grace for Drowning
Steven Wilson: Get All You Deserve
Steven Wilson: The Raven That Refused to Sing
Steven Wilson: Drive Home
Steven Wilson: Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Steven Wilson: 4 1/2
Steven Wilson: To the Bone
Steven Wilson: Home Invasion - In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall
Storm Corrosion
Transatlantic: Kaliveoscope
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross: The Social Network Soundtrack
The Winery Dogs: Live in Santiago and Beyond
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 07:32:11 PM »
Pink Floyd just remastered Delicate Sound of Thunder. It’s number 1 on the jingle Christmas list
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 08:11:37 PM »
I'm eyeing that Pink Floyd release as well, that deluxe edition is tempting.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 08:17:51 PM »
Pink Floyd just remastered Delicate Sound of Thunder. It’s number 1 on the jingle Christmas list

Chad, seriously, screw Christmas. Get this now. I have been meaning to post my thoughts on this in the Floyd thread, just haven't had time yet.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »

Chad, seriously, screw Christmas. Get this now. I have been meaning to post my thoughts on this in the Floyd thread, just haven't had time yet.

Yeah, it's great.  I was a little thrown at first by all of the different shots (I watched the VHS so much back in the day that I could tell what was different), but it was so great that I didn't care after a while. 

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 09:26:07 PM »

I would, but what if one of the jingle.kids already bought it. If I don’t get it as a gift, I’ll be buying it pronto on Boxing Day.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 11:19:08 PM »
Speaking of Floyd.... anyone here pick up Roger's Us+Them video? It's been on my "hurm... this could be worth checking out..." list.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 05:34:32 AM »
These are some of my favorites, though they might not all be available on Buu-ray:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 07:13:17 AM »
Amazon's search function fucking blows!

I tried "concerts on blu-ray" and got over 4000 matches, including DVDs, regular movies, even TV shows on DVD.  And you can't change the number of results per page.  You're stuck at 16 per page, and I'm not going to scroll through 250 pages of 16 items at a time, especially when half the results aren't even what I asked for.

I noticed that it was set was to "All" so I changed it to "Movies & TV", which brought the number of results down to 3000.  There wasn't a "Music" category.

I tried "music", "concert", even just putting "Blu-ray" in the search bar, and it still gave me DVDs.

I tried variations of quotes, plus signs, ampersands... every page, half the items shown didn't match the search parameters I'd entered, so what's the fucking point?

FUCK!

I'm trying to do what my wife has been bugging me about for a couple of weeks now, which is to provide a Christmas list.  Kansas has a new album out, Rick Wakemen even put an album out that's supposed to be pretty good.  They're on the list.  I can't think of any others right now.  But concerts in Hi-Def are the bomb, so I figured I do some browsing, but holy shit, they do NOT know how to write a fucking search engine.  Biggest fucking retailer in the world, powered by the worst search engine I've ever seen.

Yeah, it occurred to me that this is on purpose.  They don't care that you came looking for "concerts+Blu-ray", they want to sell you the fucking Dick Van Dyke show on DVD.  Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool.  The Dick Van Dyke show was funny as hell, plus Mary Tyler Moore in those rayon slacks...  Did you know that they actually got in trouble with the censors over that?  They actually asked them to not include shots of Mary walking away from the camera.  Hell, that's half the reason to watch that show!

But I digress.

Somebody please suggest concerts on Blu-ray, so I can put them on my Christmas list.  I'll also take suggestions on how to game Amazon's piece of shit search bar on their website.

How do you NOT be Mary Tyler Moore and think "BOOM! My ass is so hot they can't show it on TV!  Take that Sophia and Raquel.  Bitches!"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 07:14:27 AM »

GREAT call.  This is so much better than it has any business being.  I watch this more than I watch or listen to most other Zeppelin now.  It's SO good. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 09:40:43 AM »
. . .

The Dick Van Dyke show was funny as hell, plus Mary Tyler Moore in those rayon slacks...  Did you know that they actually got in trouble with the censors over that?  They actually asked them to not include shots of Mary walking away from the camera.  Hell, that's half the reason to watch that show!

. . .

How do you NOT be Mary Tyler Moore and think "BOOM! My ass is so hot they can't show it on TV!  Take that Sophia and Raquel.  Bitches!"

"Rose Marie really belongs on a smaller screen, doesn't she?"
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline faizoff

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »

GREAT call.  This is so much better than it has any business being.  I watch this more than I watch or listen to most other Zeppelin now.  It's SO good. 

It is indeed. This was the first concert blu-ray I bought and I'm not even that huge of a fan of the Led Z. It's mesmerizing and very well packaged, from the sound to the editing to the performances, just overall a joy to experience.