Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Dream Theater - The Holiday Spirit Carries On

<< < (2/30) > >>

TheLordOfTheStrings:

--- Quote from: Ben_Jamin on November 30, 2020, 10:58:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheLordOfTheStrings on November 30, 2020, 10:44:17 PM ---If this is what the drums are going sound like on the next album, I'M SO PUMPED. They sound perfect. I really liked how they sounded on D/T but I love this even more. Also, the track is killer. Had to buy. Support the boys.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Ben_Jamin on November 30, 2020, 07:58:46 PM ---On D/T, according to Wiki, they didn't have an Engineer. They had Jimmy T, and he is listed as "Recording".  :lol  He has been working with them since DT though, and doing their live sounds as well.

I will say, he is the best thing to happen for their sound. Both D/T and Distant Memories sound amazing. The new album should sound just as good, if not even better, now we know how much he is working with the band.  :metal

--- End quote ---

I find it a pretty funny coincidence they released it after I posted this about Jimmy T.   :biggrin:

The Drums sound amazing and Overall everyone sounds amazing. And Jimmy T did the Recording and Mixing. So, I guess they proved me right.  :lol

--- End quote ---
Dude, I totally just read that post in the other thread and thought to myself, "Well Ben nailed it."  :rollin

The Letter M:
Wow what a wonderful surprise! Bought immediately, and it will definitely make my Holiday listening rotation this season! It sounds pretty good so far, and I agree with what others have said about the drum sound. Good stuff!

-Marc.

JRuless:
Not only the drum sound, also how the bass is situated in the mix. Finally!

The Letter M:

--- Quote from: JRuless on December 01, 2020, 12:19:27 AM ---Not only the drum sound, also how the bass is situated in the mix. Finally!

--- End quote ---

You could say that...the Bass is Finally Free? :rollin

...I'll see myself out.

-Marc.

Zydar:
Nice! I like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version