Author Topic: Dream Theater - The Holiday Spirit Carries On  (Read 15247 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Re: Dream Theater - The Holiday Spirit Carries On
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2021, 06:32:25 PM »
Quick question - does anyone know if the count off at the very beginning is from a movie or cartoon?

I wondered if it was Mike Mangini with his voice altered.....
I would bet money it's Mangini
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Online Schurftkut

« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2021, 07:59:35 PM »
could also be sampled from Worms

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2021, 07:33:00 PM »
I just did some math, and the song seems to have generated over $14.000. Pretty sweet!

Offline TM172003

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »
I was wondering about that, great news.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2021, 11:38:48 AM »
Here's what DT sent through bandcamp to everyone who purchased the song,

To All of our Fans, Friends, Family, Colleagues and Peers:

We, Dream Theater, wish to extend our most sincere thanks for the unbelievable outpouring of support during December’s “The Holiday Spirit Carries On” initiative, to generate funds for our crew during this turbulent year.

2020 has been immensely difficult for us all, and no one is exempt from the difficulties and stresses that a global pandemic brings forth. Our tremendous crew, who we truly feel are our extended family as we tour the world together sharing living and working spaces, are certainly no exception. The complete cessation of the concert touring industry has made it so that our crew have been unable to put their skills, knowledge, and experience to use. Like so many others this year, our crew have been unable to work in their field of expertise. With “The Holiday Spirit Carries On”, it was our hope that we might be able to create something that would further generate an expression of appreciation and support from our Dream Theater fans and friends. An endeavor that would be supported by all those involved either directly or indirectly, with the music industry. As we close the month of December and reach the conclusion of this particular initiative’s timeline, we can say withou t a doubt, that in doing so we were able to achieve and even surpass the milestones we initially hoped for.

We are tremendously thankful and appreciative of everyone who purchased this track. Thankful and appreciative of everyone who told their family and friends. Every DJ who played and shared the song with listeners, and of Bandcamp for their care and assistance. Every journalist and outlet that picked up the story of the meaning behind “The Holiday Spirit Carries On”. Most of all, for the overwhelming expressions of support from all, in every manner imaginable. An unprecedented success, in an unprecedented year.

Once again, our most heartfelt expression of thanks to everyone around the world who supported “The Holiday Spirit Carries On”, and the meaning behind it.

We thank you. Our crew thanks you.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

- Dream Theater
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2021, 07:17:30 PM »
Anybody else here listening to DT albums through streaming channels during this pandemic period even though one already has copies of the albums just to hopefully help generate more revenue for the band and their crew?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »
Anybody else here listening to DT albums through streaming channels during this pandemic period even though one already has copies of the albums just to hopefully help generate more revenue for the band and their crew?

I don't really like music streaming services in gereral, so I only have a free Spotify account and will only use it every once in a while. However, I'm more than willing to open the wallet and support them with more Bandcamp releases like this one, it was an instant buy for me :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."