Author Topic: The Last Skywalker (Heroes Fan Production)  (Read 2272 times)

Offline PetFish

The Last Skywalker (Heroes Fan Production)
« on: November 17, 2020, 11:30:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eQmk_GR59I&feature=youtu.be

Wow.  What an amazing and intense project.

They used footage from every Star Wars movie (including Rogue One and Solo), Clone Wars, Rebels, and even The Mandalorian.

I have a much greater appreciation now for the entire saga and even the final Reylo kiss makes sense although I still wish it were just a respectful embrace between two epic rivals.

The effort they put into this is phenomenal.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Last Skywalker (Heroes Fan Production)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:53:39 AM »
WOW  :omg:

:hefdaddy

THANKS FOR SHARING

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »
Yeah....that was pretty cool. Very neat. Ben Solo / Kylo Ren is the best thing to happen in the sequel trilogy. The most developed character out of all of them, the best acted.....without that performance from Adam Driver those three movies would have been rougher than they already were.

Adding my obligatory comment of Anakin Skywalker should have been the one to 'rise' and defeat Palpatine. They spent three movies fan servicing out to the max and missed the best chance and most logical opportunity to bring Anakins character full circle.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 01:35:30 PM »
Adding my obligatory comment of Anakin Skywalker should have been the one to 'rise' and defeat Palpatine. They spent three movies fan servicing out to the max and missed the best chance and most logical opportunity to bring Anakins character full circle.

The problem with that is that.......he already did. That's one of the many problems of bringing back Palpatine. He was already defeated.....by Anakin, the one who was supposed to defeat him. Essentially defeating him a second time is just not very meaningful for anyone other than taking out the baddy in general. Real shame.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 01:43:02 PM »

The problem with that is that.......he already did. That's one of the many problems of bringing back Palpatine. He was already defeated.....by Anakin, the one who was supposed to defeat him. Essentially defeating him a second time is just not very meaningful for anyone other than taking out the baddy in general. Real shame.

Oh for sure....totally get it. His sacrifice the first time around was trashed due to the poor approach to the entire sequel series. It should have never even gotten to the point of needing Palpatine back. Snoke was an interesting enough villain that could have been developed over the course of three movies to then have been defeated by Rey/Ben or just Rey.

My point was/is.....if they decided to go ahead and bring back Palpatine....seemingly infinitely more powerful than he once was.....do the same with Anakin. At least there would have been some sort of continuity there. Shoot....even have Ben be the one to take him down to at least have a Skywalker be the one who did it (again) and maybe tie in to the stinking title of the movie. They'd already written a pretty haphazard story....might as well have topped it off with the ultimate fan service cherry on top.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 01:49:33 PM »
I actually agree with making Ben doing it. I don't think bringing back Anakin would've made sense as they spent 3 movies building up a whole new gang. Making it about Anakin would've just made everything else even more meaningless than it currently is.

But Ben doing it and Rey dying and such would've been better. Makes more sense for him to reclaim the name of Skywalker than it did for her to adopt it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com