Author Topic: Website: Music rating  (Read 823 times)

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« on: November 04, 2020, 08:30:40 PM »
Hey,

I'm looking for a website and or app which me and my friends could suscribe and see each others music rating. For example, I could make my top 25 albums of all times and the people who are on my friend list could see it. On the other side, I could see one of my friend top 25 albums of all time list. Moreover, if the website would connect me with people who have the same music taste, that would be a cool bonus.

I currently use youtube music to listen to my music but I don't think there is such an option like that on that app.

Thank you for your advices!
Funny how everything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky one

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Website: Music rating
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 08:57:26 PM »
Last.fm is better at showing you how well your tastes align with other people but I don't think it has notes or lists or anything like that. But I could be wrong. I use it just to track my listening stats and do other fun stuff.

Rateyourmusic.com however allows you to make lists and personal stuff like that, I think, as well as rate and review music so you could get a great look at your friends' tastes and thoughts.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 08:58:27 PM »
I prefer DTF.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 09:30:23 PM »
Last.fm is better at showing you how well your tastes align with other people but I don't think it has notes or lists or anything like that. But I could be wrong. I use it just to track my listening stats and do other fun stuff.

Rateyourmusic.com however allows you to make lists and personal stuff like that, I think, as well as rate and review music so you could get a great look at your friends' tastes and thoughts.
Yep Rateyourmusic.com is all you need. Been using it for years.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 04:11:54 AM »
Another RateYourMusic fan here, definitely the best for what you're looking for.

Last.fm I used for years but I gave up on because it's too skewed by number of track plays. So an artist with a large number of short tracks will have a much higher count than artists with fewer, longer songs, even if the amount if listening is identical. Plus, I don't consider the amount of listening to be that good a proxy for how much I like something.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 05:52:38 AM »

Yep Rateyourmusic.com is all you need. Been using it for years.

Just started using it this year and I love it so far.

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
Thank you all for ur advice.

I prefer DTF.
Yes but it’s addictive. I use to spend too much time here long time ago.

Another RateYourMusic fan here, definitely the best for what you're looking for.

Last.fm I used for years but I gave up on because it's too skewed by number of track plays. So an artist with a large number of short tracks will have a much higher count than artists with fewer, longer songs, even if the amount if listening is identical. Plus, I don't consider the amount of listening to be that good a proxy for how much I like something.
Hey I remember you from when I use to post we have similar taste (PoS fan from what I can remember). Send me ur rateyourmusic username if you want I’ll check out ur list.
Funny how everything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky one