Author Topic: Adam Nitti - The World is Loud (Excellent prog hard rock by a fusion bassist)  (Read 387 times)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Just a heads up about this album, I think many of you here would like to hear. I didn't know anything Adam Nitti (neither had heard of) until this comments popped up on Bryan Beller Facebook:

"ADAM NITTI GETS HIS GEDDY ON: I’ve known ever since first hearing him in 1997 that Adam Nitti was one of the greatest bassists of our generation, with tone, groove, improvisational ability and technique (my god, his right hand is simply the best I’ve ever seen). Up until now, he’s mostly released solo material in the jazz/fusion idiom. But I didn’t know that he was such a huge Rush fan and rock enthusiast until I heard his killer new album “The World Is Loud”. Come for the bass fireworks (there’s still plenty of that, and some of it defies belief) but stay for the Rush-flavored title track, and the proggy groovy goodness of “The Locust"."

And I immediatly went to Spotify to hear this album. I was totally hooked on first listen! Excellent prog hard rock songs, with a lot of groove, good vocals, great instrumentation and godly bass lines - Adam is indeed incredible. The song "The Professor" is more than a worthy tribute to Neal Peart/Rush. I hope Adam continues to release albums in this style, since he's more of a fusion musician (by the way, it seems he also made excellent albums in that style).
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline HOF

How much you wanna bet this guy was either in a band or has released an album titled “Nitti Gritty.”

Joking aside, I’m going to check this out.

Offline gzarruk

Been a fan of Adam for years and he's one of my all time favorite bassists :metal

This album is much more in the prog rock world instead of his usual fusion stuff, but it's still amazing. My only complaint is that I wish he'd get a "real" vocalist for the album, as vocals aren't really his thing.

If you're into instrumental jazz/fusion, definitely check his previous albums, specially Liminal, which was the first of his albums that I got, and features Marco Minnemann on two tracks (as well as Marco Sfogli and some other incredible musicians).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Hmm...not bad.  Never heard of this guy, but this sounds worth checking out.