Author Topic: Sean Connery passes away  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Sean Connery passes away
« on: October 31, 2020, 09:56:57 AM »
As the maniacal villains always liked to say.... Good-bye, Mr. Bond.

My first experience with Bond was Roger Moore. I had seen a couple of his films before my mom told me I needed to go back and watch the "real" James Bond. I liked them, but they seemed dated to my teenage mind. I don't know how much not seeing them in real time, or being spoiled by 80s action films, informed that opinion. Over time I grew to appreciate the Connery films, even if they are a bit silly at times. And I never thought that was Connery's best work. I always thought he got better as he aged, and preferred his later work. When I think about him, I actually think of Henry Jones, Sr. To me that is the quintessential Connery role. 

Feel free to delete, Mods, as there is a thread in GD.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Sean Connery passes away
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 11:15:56 PM »
I agree about Henry Jones Senior.  He was excellent in that movie with some great one-liners.  The scene when the Nazi's were burning bibles, and later he's said to one of the guards "Perhaps you should try reading them Instead of burning them",  and "Junior, it IS YOU JUNIOR"!  Too many more to mention.
Sean Connery was also great in First Night, Hunt For Red October, and that movie with Catherine Zeta Jones (the name of it eludes me at this moment.
Sad to hear he is gone.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP