Author Topic: Why are there so many divorces in today’s society?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
Re: Why are there so many divorces in today’s society?
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »
I remember a few months ago (or maybe longer) Bosk locked two threads WildRanger made on the same day. At the time, Herrick wondered why but now I get it.

I don't know if WildRanger is breaking any rules but there is something weird about how he makes these threads then disappears. It's slightly annoying but I admit, I like reading the discussion that ensues *shrug*
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2020, 08:10:57 PM »
Wasn’t it Steven Wright that said “ I bought some Instant Water, but I didn’t know what to add. “

Steven Wright is hilarious.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:36 PM »
The main reason is selfishness. Most people are seeking what’s best for themselves and not their mate. Seeking your spouse’s happiness is a selfless way to maintain the bond and those not interested in being selfless should never entertain marriage.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2020, 08:20:19 AM »
The main reason is selfishness. Most people are seeking what’s best for themselves and not their mate. Seeking your spouse’s happiness is a selfless way to maintain the bond and those not interested in being selfless should never entertain marriage.

And some people say, Selfishness is a result of all the Bombarding of everything that is in Media. From the TV, Music, advertisement, consumerism, Propaganda, we are bombarded with every day when we walk out that door. Especially in the stores we depend upon for Basic Necessities. These things have effects on Society.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »

And some people say, Selfishness is a result of all the Bombarding of everything that is in Media. From the TV, Music, advertisement, consumerism, Propaganda, we are bombarded with every day when we walk out that door. Especially in the stores we depend upon for Basic Necessities. These things have effects on Society.

But selfishness is nothing new. With the exception of very, very few civilizations throughout history and in present day, selfishness was/is rampant. Selfishness has been the the determining factor in how many have ended up living their lives . 

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2020, 09:45:28 AM »

But selfishness is nothing new. With the exception of very, very few civilizations throughout history and in present day, selfishness was/is rampant. Selfishness has been the the determining factor in how many have ended up living their lives .

Exactly. We've always had these problems, in every Civilization. But, the way in which those civilizations handled these Situations were different. The way My Civilization used to/does handle divorce is different than the way Your Civilization handles divorce. The Native Civilization has a different concept of Marriage than the European concept of Marriage. That is due to us being Matrilineal.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2020, 05:20:59 PM »
I remember a few months ago (or maybe longer) Bosk locked two threads WildRanger made on the same day. At the time, Herrick wondered why but now I get it.

I don't know if WildRanger is breaking any rules but there is something weird about how he makes these threads then disappears. It's slightly annoying but I admit, I like reading the discussion that ensues *shrug*

We need a "Top 10 Wild Ranger Threads" competition.   :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2020, 05:57:44 PM »
I need a hernia too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2020, 07:34:36 PM »
I need a hernia too.

2 in a year?  Ouch.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »
Hah! It was three years ago. Good times!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2020, 11:50:22 AM »
those not interested in being selfless

I think this is called "mankind" but I tend to be a tiny bit cynical  ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2020, 12:07:59 PM »
Hah! It was three years ago. Good times!

Time sure does fly.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC