Poll

Is it OK if some people don't want to have kids?

Yes
60 (95.2%)
No
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Is it OK if some people don't want to have kids?  (Read 11115 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Is it OK if some people don't want to have kids?
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2020, 12:07:27 PM »
Don't even get me started on the people that say "Oh, my boy, my baby, my son, my daughter, my kids" when they're talking about their dog(s).
Big fucking pet peeve!!!!

First of all, the dog has a mother. Unless you found a litter of puppies, fed them through a bottle and taught them how to be dogs and you will keep them forever, you are not their mother or father or anything of the sort. Second of all, the language. "We found this little girl in the trash can!" My heart skips a beat. You found a little girl in the trash can? Picture of puppy. I'm still horrified, but now I am also annoyed, congratulations.

I'm going to disagree.  My wife and I tried to have children over a decade.  We even tried In Vitro 3 times.  We just couldn't have children.  So for us, our 2 cats are our children.  Harry & Sally are now 16 years old.  That's a long time in our lives.  They to us, are our children.

I did not have children with my current wife.  We've been married 20 years, we decided early on we weren't going to have any kids because we were both already almost 40 when we tied the knot.  I have a son from a 1 night stand in 1984 who I didn't have a relationship with at all until last year.  I also have two grandkids and they're great and I'm grateful to have managed to find a way to have a relationship with them, but our dogs are definitely very much like our children.  If someone finds that offensive I think it says more about where THEY are at in THEIR lives than it does about mine.   

Some people can separate that and not be upset that they don't or can't have children.  That's not me and obvious you Barry.  I respect their choice and they choice respect our feelings towards this.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2020, 12:57:46 PM »
Dog is god spelled backwards. Some people have doggies, we have Goddies!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Your goddies sometimes eat their own poo
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2020, 03:09:22 PM »
Dog is god spelled backwards. Some people have doggies, we have Goddies!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

That makes zero sense

but sometimes when I see a car with a dog in the passenger seat I joke to myself - it needs a bumper sticker saying " Dog is my co-pilot "...

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2020, 12:53:22 PM »
I'm glad this is a dog thread now. I love dogs, but I don't  think my current life style can really support one.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2020, 01:01:45 PM »
I wish to clarify my stance on dogs

Dogs with good owners are good doggos that I enjoy very much

Dogs with bad owners are probably good doggos but I do not like them
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2020, 01:24:24 PM »
Don't even get me started on the people that say "Oh, my boy, my baby, my son, my daughter, my kids" when they're talking about their dog(s).
Big fucking pet peeve!!!!

First of all, the dog has a mother. Unless you found a litter of puppies, fed them through a bottle and taught them how to be dogs and you will keep them forever, you are not their mother or father or anything of the sort. Second of all, the language. "We found this little girl in the trash can!" My heart skips a beat. You found a little girl in the trash can? Picture of puppy. I'm still horrified, but now I am also annoyed, congratulations.

I'm going to disagree.  My wife and I tried to have children over a decade.  We even tried In Vitro 3 times.  We just couldn't have children.  So for us, our 2 cats are our children.  Harry & Sally are now 16 years old.  That's a long time in our lives.  They to us, are our children.

I respect this, and have nothing against this reason for calling your pets, your son/daughter.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD