Need help identifying random pictures

Started by T-ski, October 23, 2020, 06:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool Chris

I saw the post without seeing who posted it. I would have bet the farm El Barto posted that. Would have lost money, but he redeemed by bet by being the first to respond.

I love Andy's reaction with each correct guess.

T-ski

Bump!

Our team is ready to go in The Worlds Largest Trivia contest yet again, so we need to identify random pics to score big points! The contest begins this Friday, April 16th.

Once again the pics are posted on a public webpage so we are allowed to link to it, it's in an 80 page pdf that usually is in a booklet so there are advertisements and thank you's to scroll through to find the pics. In total there are 30 pics to identify. If you know what any of them please let me know!

http://90fmtrivia.org/section/NewBook.pdf

T-ski

Puppies_On_Acid

Pretty sure #8 is the band The Strokes

#27 is from the board game Password
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

T-ski

We currently only have 5/30 pics identified, #'s 4, 8, 20, 27, and 30.

The girl in pic 3 looks familiar but I can't place her.

pg1067

Quote from: T-ski on April 13, 2021, 11:51:45 AM

What is 27?  It reminds me of cartoons I used to see in my mother's Reader's Digest.

T-ski

Quote from: pg1067 on April 13, 2021, 12:17:27 PM
Quote from: T-ski on April 13, 2021, 11:51:45 AM

What is 27?  It reminds me of cartoons I used to see in my mother's Reader's Digest.

Puppies_On_Acid identified it as the Password board game

T-ski

We think #3 is Julianne Hough

ETA: it's singer Julia Michaels.

T-ski

A team member just got quite a few, here’s what we know...

1. Budweiser taste buds
2. Carly Rae Jepsen
3. Julia Michaels
4. Shania Twain
5. Slapstick of Another Kind/Jerry Lewis/Madeline Kahn
8. The Strokes
10. Tom Swift adventure books
11. Uncle Ezra/Patrick Barrett/Alka Seltzer
12. Tex Beneke/Saxophonist
14. Flying Disc Man from Mars
16. Mother Goose and Grimm comic?
20. Liz Phair
21. Verna Frances Bloom
23. Benazir Bhutto
24. Jeff Donnell
25. Martha Raye
27. Password
28. Nestle coffee mate gingerbread flavor
29. Pilot Frixion erasable pens

T-ski

#2 Carly Rae Jespen

#12 Tex Beneke/Saxophonist

T-ski

#24 Actress Jeff Donnell (seriously)

#25 Actress Martha Raye

T-ski

#10 Tom Swift adventure books

#16 we think is from Mother Goose and Grimm comic

jingle.boy

Quote from: T-ski on April 13, 2021, 05:19:06 PM
#2 Carly Rae Jespen

you gotta be shittin me!  jingle.daughter thought this at first, but then dismissed it.   :lol
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

T-ski

T-ski

Just noticed on the "Rules" page, rule #11 says...."Hour 39 questions are hidden throughout the book. Be on the lookout for them. Hour 39 questions may be answered anytime during the active contest until 11PM Sunday. These questions will not be asked on the air or necessarily referred to during the contest."

We've found 4 of the 8 questions so far.

Lonk

Not sure if this is one of the questions you found, but if you search for Hour 39, on page 78 there is this hidden

"Hour 39 Question 3: TV's David Vincent fought secretive alien invaders from a dying planet. At what fictional school did he and a pilot named Cahill disrupt a program teaching newly arrived aliens how to pass as human"

EDIT: Question#8 is on page 74, backwards.

On the black square of page 5:
Hour 39, Question 5. You may answer
it any time during the contest until
11pm Sunday. What villainous comic
book team included members called
Vector, Vapor, X-Ray and Ironclad?

jingle.boy

Question 8 was fairly simple to solve via the magic of Google - Number One.

Also, which questions have you found? Just so that we're not telling you something you already know. 
I gather one is in alien language on page 59? 
Another coded one on page 49.
Not sure what the random alphabet (and a half) is on page 34.

After that, I got nuthin.

Quote from: Vmadera00 on April 14, 2021, 08:56:30 AM
Not sure if this is one of the questions you found, but if you search for Hour 39, on page 78 there is this hidden

"Hour 39 Question 3: TV's David Vincent fought secretive alien invaders from a dying planet. At what fictional school did he and a pilot named Cahill disrupt a program teaching newly arrived aliens how to pass as human"

Well fuck.... hiding things in white font??  That's shifty.  I ain't gonna highlight the entire document looking for color-on-color text boxes.

T-ski

We have Questions 2, 4, 6, and 8

Vmadera found 3 and 5

Question 7 is in Morse code around page 61.

Lonk

HA! I just spent 20 minutes figuring out question 4, but glad that one was found.

I think questions 1 is on Page 59. If you count the symbols, it is the same as "Hour Thirty Nine question one". I just don't know how to decipher it. Assuming it has something to do with wherever that image is from.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Vmadera00 on April 14, 2021, 10:37:09 AM
HA! I just spent 20 minutes figuring out question 4, but glad that one was found.

I think questions 1 is on Page 59. If you count the symbols, it is the same as "Hour Thirty Nine question one". I just don't know how to decipher it. Assuming it has something to do with wherever that image is from.

Agreed... especially since it ends in a "?"

Lonk

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 14, 2021, 10:40:55 AM
Quote from: Vmadera00 on April 14, 2021, 10:37:09 AM

Agreed... especially since it ends in a "?"

Actually, I think it's question 6 (which he already have). The first symbol and second symbol would spell S and I.

T-ski

Question 1 we think is on page 56, but we can't figure out the code

jingle.boy

Quote from: T-ski on April 14, 2021, 11:01:00 AM
Question 1 we think is on page 56, but we can't figure out the code

My guess is it's somehow related to the alphabet on page 34.  It's the full alphabet (26 letters) + up to J (12 letters).  38 characters.
A quick glance at the code on page 56 - seems to be 38 is the largest number there.

It's not a straight correlation, otherwise the question would start out ADJBAH.  But there might be a connection between the two

Edit... scratch that, I see a 39 in the code on page 56

jingle.boy

Thankfully, it's a slow day at work  :rollin

1-4-10 2-1-34 1-1-5, 3-5-9 5-2-5
somehow translates to
Hour Thirty Nine question one (or Hour 39 question 1)

T-ski

I'd like to thank everyone for their help in identifying these pics and decoding these questions.

If you're on Facebook and would like to help our team send me a PM and I'll add you to our group. We only have around 10 players or so but random friends usually pop in from time to time. Not going to lie it's more fun when we can get together and play rather than through messenger or zoom. Hopefully this is the last time we have to deal with it.

T-ski

My sister in laws team threw us a bone on the last question but didn't tell us how they figured it out...

1. After crashing on Earth near a remote town, a TV alien kills a doctor from a much bigger city then disguises himself to look like his victim. Later, local law enforcement officials who think the alien is the doctor he replaced recruit him to solve the murder of the towns resident physician. Fortunately for the alien, the TV series he watched to learn how to speak English and pass as human gives him insight into criminal investigations. What TV show did he watch to absorb these skills?

Law and Order

We are still trying to identify pics 6, 7, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 22, 26

T-ski

Ended Friday night in 91st, plummeted to 152nd Saturday night. The weather was really nice Saturday so people weren't to interested in playing 🤣.

Hopefully Sunday goes better.

T-ski

Finished 138th out of 312 teams. Had a good Sunday and moved up 14 spots.

Thanks to anyone who help me identify a picture or decipher a question.

We'll do it again next year!