Author Topic: Need help identifying random pictures  (Read 4049 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Need help identifying random pictures
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 02:56:15 PM »
18 sure looks like a cartoon face to me, and looking at the background I'm thinking that it might be on a paper grocery bag.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2020, 03:25:38 PM »
My kid thought 18 could be from Goldfish crackers but I don’t think so.

It's gotta be food of some sort, cuz that looks like a tongue coming out like "YUM!"
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2020, 03:32:37 PM »
I feel like 11 is some sort of Italian food logo. My first thought was Ragu sauce, but that's not it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online T-ski

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2020, 04:09:13 PM »
Thanks to all that have helped.  Like I said in the original post the contest starts at 6pm tonight and goes thru midnight Sunday.  They’ll ask for these pic answers throughout the weekend interspersed with other questions, so if you’d like to continue looking that’d be awesome. I’ll try to let you know the answers to all of them after the contest is over.

Usually this contest takes place in April, and it’s 54 straight hours of trivia, but you know Covid and everything, that’s why it’s being played this weekend. Usually about 375 teams gather together and make it a weekend of fun and stupidity, but they are trying to do it virtually this time and giving teams the overnights (midnight to 8am) off.

Here’s our team in action from 2019.

Again if your curious as to what this is all about hit the link... http://www.90fmtrivia.org/works.html
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2020, 04:11:28 PM »
Wow that's hardcore! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online T-ski

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »
Wow that's hardcore! :lol

You have no idea, we usually finish around 200th.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2020, 04:49:41 PM »
The picture of the team that comes first then must be intense!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online T-ski

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »
we only have about 10-12 players.  the top teams have rotating shifts of at least that many, because as I said earlier, the contest normally goes 54 hours straight.

our team likes to sleep so we don't do that.  :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2020, 05:45:01 PM »
13 is El Barto in 20 years!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2020, 05:54:40 PM »
Thanks to all that have helped.  Like I said in the original post the contest starts at 6pm tonight and goes thru midnight Sunday.  They’ll ask for these pic answers throughout the weekend interspersed with other questions, so if you’d like to continue looking that’d be awesome. I’ll try to let you know the answers to all of them after the contest is over.

Usually this contest takes place in April, and it’s 54 straight hours of trivia, but you know Covid and everything, that’s why it’s being played this weekend. Usually about 375 teams gather together and make it a weekend of fun and stupidity, but they are trying to do it virtually this time and giving teams the overnights (midnight to 8am) off.

Here’s our team in action from 2019.

Again if your curious as to what this is all about hit the link... http://www.90fmtrivia.org/works.html

Trivia:  what is the commercial on the TV?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2020, 06:02:49 PM »
Judging by everyone's attention, that commercial is...

unsuccessful. :neverusethis:

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2020, 07:41:21 PM »
Is asking for help like this acceptable under the rules? It seems like it would violate the spirit of the competition.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online T-ski

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2020, 08:03:11 PM »
Is asking for help like this acceptable under the rules? It seems like it would violate the spirit of the competition.

The pictures are normally in a brochure you get when you register in person and teams can share them through a private team page, but since there was no in person registration this year due to Covid they were put up on the trivia website, which is open to everyone, even non players.

But yes, in past years if teams were found to post the pics on a public form they were disqualified.

Loophole this year.

Online T-ski

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2020, 08:44:13 PM »
#22 was Flaming Hot Cheetos, someone on our team knew it.

Online T-ski

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2020, 11:08:24 PM »
Ended night one in 98th place out of 293 teams, although there have been scoring issues.

We’ll get back to it Saturday morning!

Also the #22 pic of flaming hot Cheetos was thrown out due to inconsistencies with the packaging.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2020, 09:40:19 AM »
#22 was Flaming Hot Cheetos, someone on our team knew it.
That was the first thing I looked at, and only saw Chester Cheetah. Ruled it out.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online T-ski

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2020, 08:18:03 PM »
#10 (female Santa pilot) Chesterfield cigarettes ad

Online T-ski

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2020, 09:20:07 PM »
#20 (smiling corn) was something with Mountain Dew

Online T-ski

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »
#13 (Old guy with white hair singing) Dave Grohl.

https://youtu.be/ifwc5xgI3QM

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2020, 12:40:01 PM »

HAHA; it was a Busch beer commercial; the guy was blindfolded and asked to say which beer sounded more refreshing (or something like that) and the Busch went "BUUUUSSSSCCCCHHHHHHH" when it was opened, and the guy still got it wrong.   Dumb commercial.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2020, 12:40:58 PM »
#10 (female Santa pilot) Chesterfield cigarettes ad

I KNEW it was a cigarette ad.

Online T-ski

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2020, 03:19:32 PM »
#15 (chick in cooking outfit) Yvette Vickers

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2020, 03:31:10 PM »

HAHA; it was a Busch beer commercial; the guy was blindfolded and asked to say which beer sounded more refreshing (or something like that) and the Busch went "BUUUUSSSSCCCCHHHHHHH" when it was opened, and the guy still got it wrong.   Dumb commercial.

Well, it's a dumb beer.  :D

Online T-ski

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2020, 04:30:58 PM »
#11 (gondola logo) Joseph Campione products

Online T-ski

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2020, 07:57:28 PM »
#3 (bear with honey) Robitussin naturals

#18 (smiling face angled) Hippeas snacks

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2020, 07:00:26 AM »

Holy moley.  She's worth a Google (and I don't JUST mean because of her looks). 

Online T-ski

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2020, 08:26:37 AM »
Once again, thanks for everyone’s help, you gave us a extra 5-10 spots in the standings.

Overall our team came in 126th out of 293 teams.

Online T-ski

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2020, 08:28:39 AM »

Made the mistake of making a similar comment to my wife after I looked her up. Whoops.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2020, 08:35:44 AM »

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2020, 12:14:54 PM »
Once again, thanks for everyone’s help, you gave us a extra 5-10 spots in the standings.

Did anybody get all of the pictures? Also, I gather there were other trivia aspects aside from just ID'ing the pictures?
E.F. Benson

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2020, 12:34:14 PM »
When is round 2?

Online T-ski

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2020, 02:36:03 PM »

Did anybody get all of the pictures? Also, I gather there were other trivia aspects aside from just ID'ing the pictures?

It’s possible teams get all the pic questions correct, but individual teams really only know the answers they get right or wrong. All points are awarded depending on the number of teams that get the correct answer, the less teams that get it correct the more the points are worth (max points of 500 per question).

They ask 8 questions about random pop culture things per hour over a 36 hour period, (normally it’s 54 hours straight, they let us sleep the overnights this year) the pics were just one part of it. They also have 3 music snippets that include 8 songs spliced together in about a 10-15 second clip, a “trivia stone” which is a scavenger hunt where contestants have to drive thru town following clues to get to a check point (this year it was done via google maps). And “running questions” where teams meet downtown to get answers to 25 questions based on local businesses (not held this year).

Like I said earlier, this is normally a 54 hour straight contest held in April,  but they had to adjust everything due to Covid.

Here’s a 15 minute video someone put together of the 2017 contest, gives a pretty good recap of what occurs... https://youtu.be/C-IyBRXaUls

Online T-ski

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2020, 02:38:11 PM »
When is round 2?

It’s a yearly contest, normally held every April.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »

It’s possible teams get all the pic questions correct, but individual teams really only know the answers they get right or wrong. All points are awarded depending on the number of teams that get the correct answer, the less teams that get it correct the more the points are worth (max points of 500 per question).

They ask 8 questions about random pop culture things per hour over a 36 hour period, (normally it’s 54 hours straight, they let us sleep the overnights this year) the pics were just one part of it. They also have 3 music snippets that include 8 songs spliced together in about a 10-15 second clip, a “trivia stone” which is a scavenger hunt where contestants have to drive thru town following clues to get to a check point (this year it was done via google maps). And “running questions” where teams meet downtown to get answers to 25 questions based on local businesses (not held this year).

Like I said earlier, this is normally a 54 hour straight contest held in April,  but they had to adjust everything due to Covid.

Here’s a 15 minute video someone put together of the 2017 contest, gives a pretty good recap of what occurs... https://youtu.be/C-IyBRXaUls
Sounds like fun. WKRP did the songs spliced together thing when they needed a contest so hard nobody could win it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDkMraO6bTA
E.F. Benson

Online T-ski

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2020, 03:48:50 PM »

Sounds like fun. WKRP did the songs spliced together thing when they needed a contest so hard nobody could win it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDkMraO6bTA

Classic. WKRP is awesome.