Author Topic: Stumptown  (Read 1397 times)

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Stumptown
« on: October 22, 2020, 06:32:16 AM »
Based on the comic by Greg Rucka (who writes the fantastic Lazarus comic) there is a single season of this starring Cobie Smulders and it's absolutely fantastic.

I only read one volume of the book so took a punt on it and so pleased i did. Reminds me of 70s/80s private detective shows and has a ton of heart. All the acting is great. Thoroughly recommended.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Stumptown
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:55:12 AM »

Based on the comic by Greg Rucka (who writes the fantastic Lazarus comic) there is a single season of this starring Cobie Smulders and it's absolutely fantastic.

I only read one volume of the book so took a punt on it and so pleased i did. Reminds me of 70s/80s private detective shows and has a ton of heart. All the acting is great. Thoroughly recommended.

Seconded.  I am looking forward to Season 2.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 09:15:26 AM »
 :tup

The second season has got cancelled, sadly due to covid delays. I read the network is trying to sell it to someone else. Really hope they do another. Best show I've seen for ages. (I just finished the fifth episode so i have plenty more to go)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 10:04:32 AM »
That sucks!  I really loved the 1st season.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »
I watched the whole first season.  Figures it would get cancelled.  I hope they find a way to keep it going, but it doesn't seem likely.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »

:tup

The second season has got cancelled, sadly due to covid delays. I read the network is trying to sell it to someone else. Really hope they do another. Best show I've seen for ages. (I just finished the fifth episode so i have plenty more to go)

Dang it!  I was going off the previous announcement that it was renewed and didn't realize it had been subsequently cancelled.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:09 AM »
Watched the last episode last night. Completely love that show. Amazing casting and acting throughout, and has that 80s PI show feel which is kinda corny, kinda fun, interesting, you really care about the characters. There were one or two slightly flat episodes in the middle but the rest was perfect TV for us - and that is incredibly rare these days. I mean, we almost can't find anything most of the time - and there's not a lack of choice.

Hope to the heavens it gets picked up by one of the streaming services. I can't stand another Firefly how-can-this-be-happening clash with reality.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 03:36:36 PM »
Saw it too, liked it!

Aunt Robin was fantastic in this. Great series, pity it won't probably get a second run but it was a lot of fun!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 06:45:09 AM »
Nice. I've never seen How I Met Your Mother so might check that out at some point.

I saw Stumptown is on Disney+ as well now so it might generate more interest from somebody, maybe.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 11:50:04 AM »
Nice. I've never seen How I Met Your Mother so might check that out at some point.

I saw Stumptown is on Disney+ as well now so it might generate more interest from somebody, maybe.

I'm really hoping someone will pick the series up.