Author Topic: Bands that made a career best album very late  (Read 4690 times)

Offline ShadowWalker

Re: Bands that made a career best album very late
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2020, 01:13:31 PM »
While not the best, if we are using upper tier albums late in career as the criteria, I would absolutely make the case for Iced Earth's Dystopia. That album sits firmly at #2 in my IE album rankings behind Something Wicked.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2020, 05:18:14 PM »

Funny, I like it over their last 2 releases.

I'm not the type of fan who wants the band to sound like their best album over and over and over - but I really did not like No Line On The Horizon. I thought it was really lacking in songs.

The title track and magnificent are both great and maybe one more but I really didn't like the rest.

I'm all about SONGS and I thought Innocence and Experience were both GORGEOUS. Thank fuck they finally ditched Eno and Lanois. Their first 3 albums this millennium all sounded compressed to fuck.

The band have existed for 44 years... It's remarkable they're still making music this good.

But yeah American Soul isn't great.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2020, 12:07:37 PM »
Just thought of another one! Sum 41 - Order In Decline is easily their best album and 26 years into their career. I realize Sum 41 probably isn't a favorite around here though and granted they only have 2 good albums (the other one being Chuck).
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2020, 02:27:48 PM »
Man, that's a band I havent heard the name of in a long time. :lol Chuck is pretty good though, didn't even know they had a new one out. I might have to give it a shot.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »

New Garbage Album - terrible. some sort of new direction that did NOT work for them

I actually like Father Of All more than Revolution Radio. FOAMF definitely gets better as it goes along - and Fire, Ready, Aim, Sugar Youth & Graffitia could have been on Dookie.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2020, 04:26:29 PM »
I also think Nightwish's Endless Forms Most Beautiful is their best album 18 years after their first release.

What a weird way to spell Imaginaerum, which is their best album 14 years into their carrer.

;D

(Agree on the BG albums however!)

EFMB is one of their worst for me, it sits just above the latest one at the bottom of the pile.

While I agree that they're weaker, I can't put them on the bottom.  It is rather shocking that their music with the most dynamic and versatile vocalist are two of their weaker ones though.

I've said it before and once again my comment is she isn't a great fit for the band, round peg in a square hole...