Author Topic: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.  (Read 72586 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

Re: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.
« Reply #421 on: March 05, 2021, 04:22:41 PM »
^^ Still has 3 years left on his current deal after this season.  Do they still have to pay him?  Also, that would mean the Blackhawks would put him on permanent LTIR until the contract ends or does that mean that the contract is over and it will not count against them in the cap?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #422 on: March 05, 2021, 06:06:01 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/mark-pavelich-member-of-miracle-on-ice-gold-medal-winners-found-dead/ar-BB1eiftc?li=BBnbfcL

He was reclusive and, if I recall correctly, was the only member of the MOI team (other than Mike Ramsay, who was, at the time, an assistant coach for the Wild) not to take part in festivities at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.  I just read about his arrest in 2019 and the court's finding that he was incompetent to stand trial.  Sad story.  He's the second member of the MOI team to die (following Bob Suter in 2014).  RIP.

^^ Still has 3 years left on his current deal after this season.  Do they still have to pay him?  Also, that would mean the Blackhawks would put him on permanent LTIR until the contract ends or does that mean that the contract is over and it will not count against them in the cap?

They won't have to pay him.  Whether there are any future cap consequences will depend on how the contract was structured.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #423 on: March 05, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »
Well, Florida and Vancouver still carry cap hits for Luongo.  There are some really weird rules for retirement and cap hits that I don't understand.  Actual payment is different - I think the player completely forgoes their salary.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #424 on: March 05, 2021, 06:18:36 PM »
Well, Florida and Vancouver still carry cap hits for Luongo.  There are some really weird rules for retirement and cap hits that I don't understand.  Actual payment is different - I think the player completely forgoes their salary.

They BOTH do? Wow!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #425 on: March 05, 2021, 06:57:14 PM »
Another epic B's/Caps game tonight!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #426 on: March 05, 2021, 07:34:25 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31010243/chicago-blackhawks-defenseman-brent-seabrook-announces-retirement-15-seasons

Brent Seabrook is a POS and quite honestly it doesn’t break my heart at all that he’s physically unable to play hockey anymore. Cheap shot artist and horrible human being. May all his sins come back to haunt him heavily as he ages.

If there was a ‘spit on you’ emoji this is where I’d put it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #427 on: March 05, 2021, 07:44:24 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: March 05, 2021, 07:46:05 PM »

They BOTH do? Wow!

https://www.tsn.ca/luongo-retires-hitting-canucks-with-3-million-cap-recapture-penalty-1.1328964

Gary.... how do you really feel??
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2021, 07:47:23 PM »

Gary's three absolutes:

1. Family
2. Refs hate the Blues
3. Seabrook is a POS

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2021, 07:51:17 PM »

Gary's three absolutes:

1. Family
2. Refs, NHL, and NBC hate the Blues
3. Seabrook is a POS

fix’s.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2021, 07:53:48 PM »
Seabrook is an asshole of the highest order. Good riddance. 

So, yeah, I stand with my fellow Blues fan. :hat :hat

Good post earlier, too, about the Blues, Gary.  :tup :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #432 on: March 05, 2021, 08:14:53 PM »

Gary's three absolutes:

1. Family
2. Refs, NHL, and NBC hate the Blues
3. Seabrook is a POS

fix’s.

#1 and #2 are spot on  :biggrin:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #433 on: March 06, 2021, 07:58:34 AM »
Speaking of assholes, can Tom Wilson just be kicked out of the league?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #434 on: March 06, 2021, 08:22:34 AM »
Speaking of assholes, can Tom Wilson just be kicked out of the league?

Right!?!?  How was that NOT a penalty??

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #435 on: March 06, 2021, 07:28:14 PM »
No clue, but let's hope the league gets it right and hammers him hard with a long suspension.

In the meantime, Tarasenko is back on the ice for the Blues! :metal :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #436 on: March 06, 2021, 09:29:41 PM »
In the meantime, Tarasenko is back on the ice for the Blues! :metal :metal

Hoping the Kings get the extra point.  Not sure they deserve it after that rather inconsistent game, but hey....

EDIT:  Hot damn!!!  GKG!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 09:37:23 PM by pg1067 »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #437 on: March 06, 2021, 09:52:01 PM »
Eh, ugly way to lose, but I will take getting 3 points out of those two road games at LA (considering we almost lost in regulation Thursday).

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: March 06, 2021, 09:56:09 PM »
Eh, ugly way to lose, but I will take getting 3 points out of those two road games at LA (considering we almost lost in regulation Thursday).

Blues are 10-2-1 on the road.....I’m not too upset about it.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #439 on: March 06, 2021, 10:00:34 PM »

Uhhh, that game was yesterday?  You had an ugly way to lose today.  Kings had an ugly way to lose yesterday.  Let's just call it a push.  No harm.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #440 on: March 06, 2021, 10:02:21 PM »
Last night, yes. Brain cramp. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #441 on: March 08, 2021, 08:16:07 PM »
I've been watching hockey a long time, and I've never seen this stat quantified before. they showed it during the Knights/Wild game tonight and I took a pic off my TV. It's an interesting stat.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #442 on: March 08, 2021, 08:20:58 PM »
Fascinating.  Not surprised at Connor being #1.  Brady Tkachuk does surprise me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #443 on: March 08, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »
I'm surprised McDavid has been called for 7 penalties. I didn't realize Speeding could get you two minutes.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #444 on: March 08, 2021, 10:45:08 PM »
Well, that was a bummer.  Losing against the Ducks 6-5 in OT.  I will assure you this.  No one, in their right minds, would have taken the over in goals if they were betting on this Kings/Ducks game.  The previous game between them was 2-1 Ducks and the Kings didn't really put a great effort regarding offense that game.  Neither Petersen or Gibson had a really strong goalie game in this game though.  Coming back from 5-3 in the 3rd was a fun ride though while it lasted.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #445 on: March 09, 2021, 10:05:53 AM »
Well, that was a bummer.  Losing against the Ducks 6-5 in OT.  I will assure you this.  No one, in their right minds, would have taken the over in goals if they were betting on this Kings/Ducks game.  The previous game between them was 2-1 Ducks and the Kings didn't really put a great effort regarding offense that game.  Neither Petersen or Gibson had a really strong goalie game in this game though.  Coming back from 5-3 in the 3rd was a fun ride though while it lasted.

You can probably blame me.  I walked into my office yesterday, and there was a Ryan Getzlaf bobblehead on my desk with no indication where it came from.  I eventually learned that one of our office assistants found it in her and her boyfriend's storage unit.  She knew I was a hockey fan, so she gave it to me.  I assume my failure to immediately destroy it in fire was the cause of the loss.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #446 on: March 09, 2021, 03:33:43 PM »
Hated to see the Blues lose in OT to the Sharks, but they went 4-0-2 on a road trip. I will take that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #448 on: March 09, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #449 on: March 09, 2021, 03:50:28 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nhl-signs-seven-year-broadcast-deal-with-espn-222207219.html

Ugh, I was afraid that was coming.  This will now force me to watch ESPN again.  :tdwn :tdwn

Would we finally be free of Pierre Mcguire though?  Also, according to the article, it looks like ESPN owns half the rights and will air the Stanley Cup Finals for four years between 2022 and 2028.  I wonder who gets the other three years?

According to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston, the NHL has signed a seven-year U.S. broadcasting rights deal with ESPN. The U.S. sports media juggernaut will own half the league's broadcasting rights throughout the life of the deal, according to Johnston.

Neither the NHL or ESPN has confirmed the agreement, which is expected to see the Stanley Cup Final aired on ESPN four times between 2022 and 2028.

At this time, it's unclear how much ESPN will pay for the rights, or which company they will timeshare with. At current moment, NBC has the exclusive national broadcasting rights in the United States.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #450 on: March 09, 2021, 03:53:20 PM »
Apparently this is only half of their new deal. Seems NBC is still in the mix.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #451 on: March 09, 2021, 03:53:59 PM »
Not sure, but the fact that Doc Emrick, who is on my Mount Rushmore of national sports announcers, is retired already makes this a lot easier to handle.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #452 on: March 09, 2021, 03:55:28 PM »
Not sure, but the fact that Doc Emrick, who is on my Mount Rushmore of national sports announcers, is retired already makes this a lot easier to handle.

I never worshipped Emrick, but holy shit, compared to John Forslund and Kenny Albert, I'd take an Emrick hologram calling the games.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #453 on: March 09, 2021, 04:31:35 PM »
Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll put Gary Thorne and Bill Clement back together.

Thorne filled in for Bob Miller on the Kings broadcasts a few years ago, and it was a seriously great blast from the past.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #454 on: March 09, 2021, 04:33:32 PM »
That would be nice, but Gary Thorne is almost just as old as Doc Emrick, so I'm not sure if Thorne is up for the travel and the grind.