Author Topic: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.  (Read 73291 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.
« Reply #945 on: May 20, 2021, 06:33:07 PM »
What a fucking bush league move by Foligno to challenge Corey Perry to a fight. No way Perry could avoid Tavares, showed concern the whole time, and went over to the stretcher on his way out.

Fucking punk move. Oh and the Canadians score! Karma bitch.

And holy shit, what's with the morgue outfits the medical personnel were wearing?

That was a freak thing. The initial hit was just a tough play.....the timing of that fall and Perry skating by was brutally timed
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #946 on: May 20, 2021, 06:34:23 PM »
If I'm Shea Weber, I take Foligno's fucking head off next period.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #947 on: May 20, 2021, 08:08:08 PM »
Wow what a goal..shorthanded.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #948 on: May 20, 2021, 08:13:56 PM »
What a fucking bush league move by Foligno to challenge Corey Perry to a fight. No way Perry could avoid Tavares, showed concern the whole time, and went over to the stretcher on his way out.

Fucking punk move.
Oh and the Canadians score! Karma bitch.

And holy shit, what's with the morgue outfits the medical personnel were wearing?

I sorta agree, but that is one of those things where someone almost had to fight Perry as a show of support for their fallen captain.  Not a dirty hit at all, but just one of those things players almost have to do.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #949 on: May 20, 2021, 08:24:06 PM »
I'm sorry, Perry showed total class in the aftermath, and it was clearly incidental. And then Simmonds went at him later.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Canadiens.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #950 on: May 20, 2021, 08:25:10 PM »
Jingle must be fuming right now lol.

So much for the top seeds in the North

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #951 on: May 20, 2021, 08:48:05 PM »
So for those that doesn't have their team in the playoffs, who are you guys rooting for?  I'm rooting for the Bunch of Jerks mainly and I guess, The Wilds.  It's a weird mentality, because I feel that the Wilds tormented the Kings worst than the Golden Knights did this season, but I hate the Golden Knights more, so that's a no-brainer.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #952 on: May 20, 2021, 09:13:56 PM »
I'm sorry, Perry showed total class in the aftermath, and it was clearly incidental. And then Simmonds went at him later.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Canadiens.

Agreed. And he didn't really even fight back in the tussle, but just tried to protect himself best he could and get it over with.  He handled it well.  I get players having the back of a fallen teammate, but given how inadvertent and flukish that play was, and after watching it again, there really was no need for Perry to have to answer for it.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #953 on: May 21, 2021, 04:36:25 AM »

Fucking punk move. Oh and the Canadians score! Karma bitch.

I don't entirely disagree with you.  I absolutely, 100%, without-a-doubt agree that it was a freak accident, and Perry actually was trying to avoid JT in the fraction of a second he had to react.  But Kevin Bieksa from the HNIC crew broke it down nicely in the intermission.  First, Perry has bit of a reputation (who remembers the elbow to Ryan Ellis in the Winter Classic last year, and Perry's long walk of shame??).  Second, the players at the time don't get the benefit of the dozen or so replays we all saw (slowed down; different angles) to fully realize it was completely accidental and unavoidable.  Third, it was their Captain.  So, was it a bush league move to fight him, no.  Was it necessary, no.  Was it 'right' ... debatable.

Clearly, the linesmen and Weber were pleading the case with Foligno, but he wasn't having anything with it.  He was a Captain a month ago, and I'm sure he'd want/expect/appreciate a teammate to do the same if he was the one that got injured.  Lastly, (as Bieksa pointed out) Perry's probably looking at it as though there's 5-6 more games coming, and he doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder for Foligno, Simmonds, Nash, Bagosian ... hell, anyone, coming at him for a big hit and/or fight.  So, he took his medicine.  I don't necessarily agree that it *needed* to be done, but I understand it.

Wouldn't surprise me if Foligno has a chat during the warmup with him tomorrow and is 'sorry 'bout that man, but at the time I felt it had to be done'.

Tough hard fought game.  The Leafs clearly weren't on task the rest of the period, and their PP is killing them.  No reason the PP1 unit should have been out there for over a minute, leading to Sandin not being able to keep up with Byron and the shortie GWG.  Price played great.  Everything went right for the Habs - and they still just squeaked out a 1-goal victory.  I've got some reservations now having lost Tavares (I can't see anyway he comes back this series ... I mean, he's not Paul Kariya!   :lol), but I still don't see the Leafs not coming out of this round.  Hopefully that faith doesn't bite me in the ass over the next 10 days.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #954 on: May 21, 2021, 09:09:53 AM »
Lastly, (as Bieksa pointed out) Perry's probably looking at it as though there's 5-6 more games coming, and he doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder for Foligno, Simmonds, Nash, Bagosian ... hell, anyone, coming at him for a big hit and/or fight.  So, he took his medicine.  I don't necessarily agree that it *needed* to be done, but I understand it.

Wouldn't surprise me if Foligno has a chat during the warmup with him tomorrow and is 'sorry 'bout that man, but at the time I felt it had to be done'.

I watched Perry's press conference after the game and he essentially said this. He said Foligno skated up and asked him "do you just want to get this over with now?"  He said "yep" and they got it over with. I think the players on the ice realized how freak an accident it was....but, there had to be a fight just to maintain the integrity of the game for Tavares and both teams. It was expected and needed.

Perry did say he was sick to his stomach about it....that he knows "John" and hopes that he is ok. He said he was going to reach out to him immediately.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #955 on: May 21, 2021, 09:15:17 AM »
Pretty sure they both played in the World Jr's back in '07 or so.

Tavares has been released from hospital, and is recovering at home.  I really don't see how he returns for the series, or worse, for the entire playoffs (assuming the Leafs make it out of Round 1).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #956 on: May 21, 2021, 09:32:49 AM »
So for those that doesn't have their team in the playoffs, who are you guys rooting for?  I'm rooting for the Bunch of Jerks mainly and I guess, The Wilds.  It's a weird mentality, because I feel that the Wilds tormented the Kings worst than the Golden Knights did this season, but I hate the Golden Knights more, so that's a no-brainer.

Vegas - FUCK NO.
Pittsburgh - NO.
TB - No (solely because I don't want a back-to-back winner).

Technically, I'm obligated by marriage to pull for Boston, but I'm really ok with anyone other than the three above.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #957 on: May 21, 2021, 09:43:47 AM »
I'm good with any team outside of Vegas and the Lightning. I really don't 'like' the AVs or Wild but it's not going to break my heart if they win it. I just cannot stand Vegas' coach...he's a crybaby POS and I don't want his name anywhere on that sacred chalice...... and I detest pretty much all their players but two of them.

I'm pulling for the Leafs because of Chad and the fact they now hold the crown for the longest drought without a cup.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #958 on: May 21, 2021, 10:04:28 AM »
I'm pulling for the Leafs because of Chad and the fact they now hold the crown for the longest drought without a cup.

I have a friend who blames the Canadiens for stickgate in 1993 and imputes that hatred onto all of the Canadian teams.  She and I regularly go back and forth about her absurd opinion and the fact that it was all Marty McSorley's fault, so I'd be totally down with the Leafs or any of the Canadian teams winning.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #959 on: May 21, 2021, 10:11:56 AM »
Im rooting for Vegas. Idk what it is about them, but I can’t help but root for them.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #960 on: May 21, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »
No Perron tonight again, and the two Blues defensemen who were on the receiving end of cheap shots in Game 2 are out tonight as well, so congrats on the Avs, who should be able to rest their starters before moving on to the next round.

Of the other teams, the ones I am most likely to root for going forward are Washington (I like Ovi and still love Oshie), Edmonton (would be cool to see Canada win the Cup again, and McDavid is so awesome to watch) and Montreal (just cause it would aggravate Bruins fans :P).  Despite the way this series has gone, I have zero hate for Avs as a whole, but I can't in good conscience root for a Stan Kroenke team.  Vegas hasn't been around long enough for their fans to get a championship this quickly.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: May 21, 2021, 02:51:56 PM »
No Perron tonight again, and the two Blues defensemen who were on the receiving end of cheap shots in Game 2 are out tonight as well, so congrats on the Avs, who should be able to rest their starters before moving on to the next round.

Of the other teams, the ones I am most likely to root for going forward are Washington (I like Ovi and still love Oshie), Edmonton (would be cool to see Canada win the Cup again, and McDavid is so awesome to watch) and Montreal (just cause it would aggravate Bruins fans :P).  Despite the way this series has gone, I have zero hate for Avs as a whole, but I can't in good conscience root for a Stan Kroenke team.  Vegas hasn't been around long enough for their fans to get a championship this quickly.

I'm down with this.  Obviously, Leafs 1st; any Canadian team 2nd; anyone but Vegas and Boston after that.  I've had a soft spot for Florida since they entered the league, so probably them.  jingle.son is a big 'Canes fan, so them next.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #962 on: May 21, 2021, 04:29:47 PM »
Yeah, I can't think of an instance in the past decade where I've had such little faith in the Blues to win a playoff series. Oh well, I actually prefer to see them losing games by a wide margin rather than losing in OT or Double OT because it's much less devastating this way!
As for teams I'm rooting for going forward, I'm going with Winnipeg or Edmonton. It would also be great to see Toronto finally defeat Boston in the finals and win the cup for their fallen captain. Hopefully the Florida Panthers can win at least one series considering how long their fans (I'm surprised they still have any) have been waiting.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #963 on: May 21, 2021, 05:44:40 PM »
It would also be great to see Toronto finally defeat Boston in the finals

No it wouldn't. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #964 on: May 21, 2021, 06:48:33 PM »
How did the Caps get a power play here?  What a joke.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #965 on: May 21, 2021, 06:49:10 PM »

Gary? :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #966 on: May 21, 2021, 06:57:08 PM »

You're obviously not watching the national broadcast. Edzo explained it. No way Jack could even process that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #967 on: May 21, 2021, 07:15:49 PM »

You're obviously not watching the national broadcast. Edzo explained it. No way Jack could even process that.

Wrong. Even it out when a Caps player punches a B's player who is being restrained by a ref. Should have been 4 minutes each them.

Anyway 4-1. BOOM!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #968 on: May 21, 2021, 07:17:02 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: May 21, 2021, 07:25:59 PM »
It's ok to be wrong Tim. When a linesman has a player tied up and another one comes in and blasts him not one but 2 times and it's not called it's not being a homer.

So you are wrong. Nee her, nee her.  Anywho, the score is all that mattered. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #970 on: May 21, 2021, 07:29:09 PM »
If 4-1 is wrong, I don't want to be right. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #971 on: May 21, 2021, 07:34:44 PM »
I'm not saying that. Are you drunk tonight?  What the hell are you reading?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #972 on: May 21, 2021, 08:05:47 PM »
So glad we have Kenny Albert, Ed Olczyk, and Brian Boucher doing the B's/Caps. They're doing a live look in of the Avs/Blues with John Forslund and Pierre Maguire. Holy suckage!

Jeez Gary, they even give the Blues the worst national play by play guy! :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #973 on: May 21, 2021, 08:12:34 PM »
Thankfully our local coverage is covering the first round as well.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #974 on: May 21, 2021, 08:17:18 PM »
I actually prefer the National coverage. We have one of the best color guys in the business (Andy Brickley) but holy shit, our PxP guy is a train wreck.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #975 on: May 21, 2021, 08:19:43 PM »
This is why you gotta love Berube: he has the team fired up and they are hitting every Avalanche in sight tonight. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: May 21, 2021, 08:33:32 PM »
I actually prefer the National coverage. We have one of the best color guys in the business (Andy Brickley) but holy shit, our PxP guy is a train wreck.

I can’t stand Darren Pang. People love him and that’s fine and all......he drives me insane. It’s time for the  Blues to move on from him. He’s fine in small doses but game in game out he’s brutal. His ‘holy jumpin’ catch phrase is WAY over used and makes me want to shove a yard dart through my ear drums when I hear it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #977 on: May 21, 2021, 08:34:25 PM »
Who does local Blues PxP?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #978 on: May 21, 2021, 08:41:56 PM »
Kadri gets an 8-game suspension.  Weird for them to announce that when Game 3 is being played, but it's the NHL.  :lol :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #979 on: May 21, 2021, 08:44:56 PM »
Kadri gets an 8-game suspension.  Weird for them to announce that when Game 3 is being played, but it's the NHL.  :lol :lol

Wouldn't this be something to announce in the morning for people to talk about before today's game?  Jebus.

Also, rough first goal there for the Blues to let in.  Binnington had to do something there and leave the crease and commit out in the open space and he got a small piece of it and it still went in.