Author Topic: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.  (Read 73311 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.
« Reply #910 on: May 19, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
Did the entire North Division get a first round bye?? When are the playoffs starting up there? Jeesh!

Blame Covid.  The schedule was made such that they were waiting for Van/Cgy to be done - which the final game is this afternoon.  Edm/Wpg tonight; Tor/Mtl tomorrow.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #911 on: May 19, 2021, 10:10:07 AM »
Did the entire North Division get a first round bye?? When are the playoffs starting up there? Jeesh!

Blame Covid.  The schedule was made such that they were waiting for Van/Cgy to be done - which the final game is this afternoon.  Edm/Wpg tonight; Tor/Mtl tomorrow.

Yeah, I know. But They should've crammed in the Van/Cal games somehow a bit more. And why isn't Toronto starting tonight too? Probably trying to give Canada one match up every night I suppose.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #912 on: May 19, 2021, 11:58:01 AM »

Yeah, I know. But They should've crammed in the Van/Cal games somehow a bit more. And why isn't Toronto starting tonight too? Probably trying to give Canada one match up every night I suppose.
Vancouver played their final 11 games in 17 days.  How much more crammed in could they make it??  You're correct on the latter point ... TV rights/revenue.  What the league should've done is started these series' despite the fact that Cgy/Van still had games - the other 3 divisions started, so why couldn't the North as well??  Those games had no bearing on the playoffs.  Again, I can only imagine it was TV rights/revenue issues.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #913 on: May 19, 2021, 05:00:00 PM »
B's had 12 games in 20 days to finish the season. Same pace.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #914 on: May 19, 2021, 05:04:01 PM »
My point was why hold the playoffs up in the North for those inconsequential games to be played?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: May 19, 2021, 05:12:29 PM »
Man this group of refs for the B's/Caps game are whistle happy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #916 on: May 19, 2021, 05:18:56 PM »
My point was why hold the playoffs up in the North for those inconsequential games to be played?

I had the same question, and can't find a reasonable answer.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #917 on: May 19, 2021, 05:40:14 PM »
Refs seem to be letting them play the second period.   I like this type of game better.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #918 on: May 19, 2021, 05:51:41 PM »
Frigging Marchand turned into old self. Deserved the penalty and Ovi makes us pay for it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #919 on: May 19, 2021, 05:52:36 PM »
Marchand licking players again?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #920 on: May 19, 2021, 05:52:42 PM »
Now that Taylor Hall goal was sick!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #921 on: May 19, 2021, 05:53:04 PM »
Marchand licking players again?

Instigating in a scrum.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #922 on: May 19, 2021, 05:54:14 PM »
Oh sure, now NHL officials call a penalty for instigating... :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #923 on: May 19, 2021, 05:56:00 PM »
He deserved it. Stupid play that lead to a goal.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: May 19, 2021, 06:03:22 PM »
Getting real chippy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #925 on: May 19, 2021, 06:40:34 PM »
Samsonov has played out of his tits and Rask...has not.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #926 on: May 19, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »
To have 3 different goalies start 3 straight games you'd think the B's would be able to "Capitalize."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #927 on: May 19, 2021, 07:12:59 PM »
B's lucky. They were timid and on their heels the last part of the game. Overtime we go again.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #928 on: May 19, 2021, 08:17:33 PM »
I'm actually quite interested in the North playoffs. Who will emerge? Matthews/Marner or McDavid/Draisital?
Either will be one series away from the Finals.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #929 on: May 19, 2021, 08:33:18 PM »
HOT DAMN IN DOUBLE OT!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #930 on: May 19, 2021, 08:34:37 PM »
Idiot goalie.  Unforgivable to get caught napping like that.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #931 on: May 19, 2021, 08:35:04 PM »
Who was Ovi yapping at?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #932 on: May 19, 2021, 08:35:39 PM »
3 games, 4 OTs. WTF?? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #933 on: May 19, 2021, 08:38:16 PM »
Who was Ovi yapping at?

His goalie, hopefully.  Imagine busting your ass all night, fighting to double overtime, and then you lose cause your goalie had his head up his ass?  He deserves to get yelled at for that crap.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #934 on: May 19, 2021, 08:50:56 PM »
But their goalie was the only reason they were in the game. How often do you see teammates go at each other? Can you see Bergeron going at Rask? O'Reilly going at Binner?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #935 on: May 19, 2021, 09:00:26 PM »
So I must say, one of the local post game shows here has Tony Amonte doing analysis. Sidebar, I feel like either me or my brother must've played against him in youth hockey because we both played travel team hockey out of his hometown, Hingham.

I remember playing against Ken Hodge Jr in Pee Wees who made to the NHL. My brother played WITH Ted Donato and Shawn Mceachern.

Anyway... I don't remember being a huge fan of Amonte as a player, but he is fantastic in his analysis.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #936 on: May 19, 2021, 09:27:38 PM »
I’m pretty much done watching this crap. Our goalie is doing all he can to try and win but we simply don’t have the players to compete. They’d done a good job of overcoming losing some key players but Perron was the straw that broke the camels back. You can’t mish mash players into the lineup and expect to beat the AVs.

So disappointed because I truly believe we’re Perron playing that’d have kept the lineup in tact that was playing really well down the stretch and we’d have given Colorado a match. The Blues will be lucky to win a single game.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: May 19, 2021, 09:48:28 PM »
Tip for Vegas when they play the AVs. You can’t touch or breathe on MacKinnon or it’ll be called a penalty.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #938 on: May 20, 2021, 05:44:23 AM »
Yeah, beating Colorado at full strength was going to be a tall order anyway, and with no Perron, it's clear they have no chance.

Doesn't help either when two of our defenseman gets taken out by a cheap shots (one by that piece of pig shit Kadri).  If the Blues are going to keep getting penalized anyway for breathing on Avs, might as well start making them hurt as well.  To hell with it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: May 20, 2021, 06:59:00 AM »
Yeah, beating Colorado at full strength was going to be a tall order anyway, and with no Perron, it's clear they have no chance.

Doesn't help either when two of our defenseman gets taken out by a cheap shots (one by that piece of pig shit Kadri).  If the Blues are going to keep getting penalized anyway for breathing on Avs, might as well start making them hurt as well.  To hell with it.

Yeah, Kadri SHOULD be gone for the series, maybe longer given his history.  But with the way DPS has been this year, who the fuck knows.  I'm glad the Leafs got rid of him.  It's these scenarios that make him more of a liability than an asset.  3rd time in 4 years he'll be suspended in the 1st round.  He's not Tom Wilson, but pretty damned close.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #940 on: May 20, 2021, 08:29:23 AM »
Kadri is garbage.  If DPOS wasn't a bunch of monkeys hurling feces at a wall to see what the punishment would be, he should get the rest of the playoffs plus a minimum of half the season next year, plus the Avs losing a pick. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: May 20, 2021, 08:44:25 AM »
the elbow cheap shot from Jost on Bortuzzo should be a suspension as well.....I think (hope) the league has the Kadri crap taken care of.

The AVs are just a beast of a team. They look focused and determined to win. Good for them. I'd have preferred to face them with a full squad to give them our best effort but it is what it is. It's a bummer that Binnington continues to stand on his head and he's still getting these losses but our team is outclassed by the AVs...plain and simple.

That being said it's utter BS you can't breathe in the direction of MacKinnon without getting a penalty. And he has free reign to do whatever the  :censored he want to as illustrated by the pick/interference play the refs apparently didn't see last night. Of which, Barbachev got up and was called for a weak ass hook on MacKinnon 10 seconds later....which led to a PP and a PP goal for them to go up 2-0.

https://twitter.com/CMS_74_/status/1395224629749428227?s=20

It's clear the AVs are the better team....but when your battling refs who are handing out ticky tack penalties to one team and then only giving the other team a PP when one of their players is decapitated....that's a tough hill to climb.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #942 on: May 20, 2021, 08:58:11 AM »
Jets/Oil result is exactly why I'm more fearful of the Jets vs the Oil.  Mike Smith is average at best, and proved it last night.  Helly can steal a game, and while I wouldn't call it a 'stolen' victory last night, he was the better netminder.  Plus... as goes McDavid, so go the Oilers.  Shut him down, and the victory is there for the taking - the Oil were 2-8-1 when McDavid was pointless; 7-5 when he gets 1 point.

It's certainly easy to blame Samsonov for that GWG, but it was as much the D-man's issue - he clearly thought Samsonov was gonna play it.  Miscommunication.  Plus, no way it even gets to OT, or 2OT without his goaltending.  He made some great 10-bell saves.  What did Boston have ... 15+ shots in 1OT?

Poor Binnington.  He's trying to drag the team to victory, but they just ain't coming along.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #943 on: May 20, 2021, 09:27:33 AM »
Poor Binnington.  He's trying to drag the team to victory, but they just ain't coming along.

Dude has been sharp as heck. Every goal the AV's has scored has been a deflection or a screen shot. If he's seen the shot....he's saved it. You can't do anymore than he's done. It should shut up some folks about whether or not he's 'worth' the contract he signed.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #944 on: May 20, 2021, 06:13:24 PM »
What a fucking bush league move by Foligno to challenge Corey Perry to a fight. No way Perry could avoid Tavares, showed concern the whole time, and went over to the stretcher on his way out.

Fucking punk move. Oh and the Canadians score! Karma bitch.

And holy shit, what's with the morgue outfits the medical personnel were wearing?