Author Topic: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.  (Read 73348 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.
« Reply #525 on: March 21, 2021, 07:16:20 AM »
Your situation reminds me of a comment that one of the HNIC broadcasters made about Vancouver / Thatcher Demko.  "He'll just drag them to a worse draft pick".   :lol 

Ya never know guys... all ya gotta do is get to the dance, then anything can happen.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #526 on: March 21, 2021, 09:29:17 AM »
Your situation reminds me of a comment that one of the HNIC broadcasters made about Vancouver / Thatcher Demko.  "He'll just drag them to a worse draft pick".   :lol 

Ya never know guys... all ya gotta do is get to the dance, then anything can happen.

Yeah. True. It’s tough to envision though with guys like Sundquist and Parayko out for the rest of the year. Literally ANY other two players I could imagine it but those two are just vital cogs in the Blues machine. Would love to be surprised though.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline dparrott

« Reply #527 on: March 21, 2021, 04:29:34 PM »
Sharks missing the playoffs two years in a row.  First time since 95-97.  :facepalm:
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #528 on: March 22, 2021, 10:08:53 AM »
Sharks missing the playoffs two years in a row.  First time since 95-97.  :facepalm:

All of these work:

;D :D ;) :biggrin: :) :lol :tup :metal :laugh: :loser: :heart
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #529 on: March 24, 2021, 03:43:47 PM »
Blues and Hockey Legend Bob Plager was killed today in a car accident on a highway in St. Louis. He was the ultimate Defender and teammate......LOVED the Blues and was a great ambassador for the sport. Raised countless dollars for charity in St. Louis and my boys and I were lucky enough to have met him and hang out with him in a private suite in October of 2019.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #530 on: March 24, 2021, 04:32:57 PM »
Oh wow, that's tragic.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #532 on: March 24, 2021, 05:08:46 PM »
You guys see this story?

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/why-tim-peels-hot-mic-incident-should-have-long-term-implications-on-nhl-officiating/

I saw the NHL's statement yesterday but didn't know what had happened.  I finally heard it today at lunch.  As the article notes, he was apparently about to retire, so it probably won't really affect him in terms of salary and pension, but what a dumbass thing to do.  It would be VERY different if he had said, "I wanted to call a penalty early to keep the game under control from the start," but to say that he wanted to call a penalty against one team right from the outset of the game is bad.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #533 on: March 24, 2021, 05:59:34 PM »
I read the headlines about it in some various tweets.  Now, most likely, I think the NHL will want to sweep this under the rug as quick as possible which they hope they will accomplish by saying that Tim Peel will not referee a NHL game ever again, and think that this incident is just isolated and that not all refs will have that same mindset.  I would think various parties would not want the NHL to stop at that and if handled incorrectly, this could get ugly pretty fast. 

People are already pissed at refs in general.  Stuff like this would get people even more pissed at them.  I get it. It's a tough job to do that regular people would not want to do and this is a pretty precarious position to be in right now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:09:37 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #534 on: March 24, 2021, 06:47:01 PM »
Tim Peel is one of the most respected Referees in the NHL from players and coaches alike. I listed all day to sports talk radio with multiple former players coming to his defense essentially saying what he said has been said by every referee for the past 50 years. Also, it was a hot mix that cut him off in mid sentence.

I’m not saying what he did was right or shouldn’t be punishable in some manner. But the only story here is the fact he had a hot mic that unfortunately caught a part of a private conversation.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #535 on: March 24, 2021, 07:29:17 PM »
Blues and Hockey Legend Bob Plager was killed today in a car accident on a highway in St. Louis. He was the ultimate Defender and teammate......LOVED the Blues and was a great ambassador for the sport. Raised countless dollars for charity in St. Louis and my boys and I were lucky enough to have met him and hang out with him in a private suite in October of 2019.

Yep, sad day for Blues fans everywhere.  A true Blues legend.  R.I.P.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #536 on: March 24, 2021, 08:09:24 PM »
At least the man met the Millers. We should all be so lucky.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #537 on: March 24, 2021, 08:15:59 PM »

One day my friend.....we will share a warm embrace.....

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #538 on: March 24, 2021, 08:21:36 PM »

One day my friend.....we will share a warm embrace.....

Missouri is on the list. My wife is totally on board. I was born in Kansas City so it's a bucket list trip. And my son wants to see the Arch.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #539 on: March 25, 2021, 05:39:58 AM »
I thought this was a good article on the practice of refs trying to keep calls "even" https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hockey-refs-are-out-to-get-you-if-they-already-got-the-other-guy/
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #540 on: March 25, 2021, 11:28:09 AM »
I thought this was a good article on the practice of refs trying to keep calls "even" https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hockey-refs-are-out-to-get-you-if-they-already-got-the-other-guy/

I totally read this as coming from Five/Eight at first and had to do 5 takes and finally click on the link to understand what was actually going on. :lol
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #541 on: March 25, 2021, 07:45:42 PM »
So I'm looking at the scoreboards around the league and noted that the Rangers are decimating the Flyers again.  That's quite a note to read.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #542 on: March 25, 2021, 08:10:48 PM »
Barry Trotz just pulled his pants down and showed the Bruins his ass again tonight.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #543 on: March 25, 2021, 08:44:53 PM »
Blues outshoot the Wild 85-4, yet lose 2-0.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #544 on: March 25, 2021, 09:09:39 PM »

Similar thing happened in back to back games against the Sharks for the Kings in the last few days.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #545 on: March 25, 2021, 09:50:45 PM »
Could be worse.... Like the Flames losing back to back against the Sens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: March 26, 2021, 04:12:22 AM »
Sabres lose again, though not for lack of effort - 36 SOG.

Leafs barely scrape by the Sens in OT.  Why is it (seemingly) no-name goalies turn into Vezina candidates against the Leafs.  This is the second game in a row against the Sens they get a nobody goalie, who stonewalls them.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #547 on: March 26, 2021, 05:31:59 AM »
Man I will never get tired of seeing the Rangers beat the absolute shit out of the Flyers.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #548 on: March 26, 2021, 06:13:22 AM »
This will likely rankle romdrums, but there is an Avalanche starting to form. Getting healthy and starting to dominate. They toyed with the first place Golden Knights last night.....and have now leapfrogged them in the West.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: March 26, 2021, 06:49:45 AM »
Sure would've been nice to get the Oil playing their 4th game in 6, and straight from a B2B travel day tomorrow night.  But alas, Canadiens and COVID fucked that up.  Here's hoping the Leafs can get their heads out of their asses.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #550 on: March 26, 2021, 06:54:51 AM »
This will likely rankle romdrums, but there is an Avalanche starting to form. Getting healthy and starting to dominate. They toyed with the first place Golden Knights last night.....and have now leapfrogged them in the West.

;D
Actually, it's nice to see the Avs catching fire.  I hope the Red Wings can do a rebuild like the Avs did.  They just need their own MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen and Makar.  ;) Joe Sakic has done a great job as the GM and I hope, someday, the Wings and Avs meet in the Stanley Cup Final.  Then I'll be rankled!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #551 on: March 26, 2021, 07:08:00 AM »
Also, happy 24th anniversary of one of the greatest hockey games in NHL history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Avalanche–Detroit_Red_Wings_brawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFNh6aRqocQ

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #552 on: March 26, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »
Barry Trotz just pulled his pants down and showed the Bruins his ass again tonight.

Is Krejci done? His numbers look subpar. Do B's fans miss Chara?
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #553 on: March 26, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »

Is Krejci done? His numbers look subpar. Do B's fans miss Chara?

Is Krejci done? Good question. His contract is up at the end of this season. I expect Sweeney to move on from him as he did with Chara.

He has played fine this year. He's slipped but his play has not fallen off a cliff like his production would lead you to think.

Do the fans miss Chara? Sure, but his play had really dropped off. Plus he was the Captain and such a leader in the room. Sweeney really wanted to incorporate his younger guys into the mix.
Has it worked? Well, Charlie MacAvoy has been great. Their 2nd best d-man is Brandon Carlo, but he's out hurt.

They let Krug walk. They actually offered more than they really wanted to pay, but the Blues definitely showed him the money. They thought Matt Gryzelcyk could play that role, but he's no Krug.

The young guys have played OK. Jeremy Lauzon was playing the best out of them but he's out hurt. Jakob Zboril (2015 1st Rd pick), who is finally getting a shot, and has been just OK. With the injuries, he's been exposed a bit.

Personally, I agreed with letting Chara walk. Sweeney had some balls putting trust into his young guys and coaching staff. The Bruins problem right now is injuries, with Rask being out is really hurting them. Halak has not played well this year, as you saw last night.

It's the last year of Tuukka's contract too, but I think he'll re-sign.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #554 on: March 26, 2021, 03:35:34 PM »
The B's do need a top 6 scorer.  One line can't so it all in the playoffs.  It's been proven with the B's for a while though.

Tim, what the hell is going on with Coyle?  He can't score in the ocean these days.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #555 on: March 26, 2021, 03:48:39 PM »
Coyle has played much better the last couple of weeks. I thought he was their best player last night.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #556 on: March 26, 2021, 03:51:28 PM »
Eric Staal to the Canadiens for a 3rd and a 5th.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: March 28, 2021, 07:38:03 AM »

Why is it (seemingly) no-name goalies turn into Vezina candidates against the Leafs.

Well, Mike Smith isn’t a no-name, but at 39 years old, he turned back the clock a decade with some absolute robbery last night. I’m not being hyperbolic to say it could’ve been 6-3 or 7-3 - Leafs hit the iron 3 times, Smith stoned Matthews 3 times, and Mariner on a 2-on-1.  Not at all surprised it was a greasy fluke that won it.

Very entertaining game.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2021, 07:31:49 PM »
They should've had 3-3 overtime decades ago

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2021, 07:44:45 PM »
They should've had 3-3 overtime decades ago

Can you imagine Gretzky, Kurri, and Coffey in OT? DAMN!