Author Topic: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.  (Read 73401 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.
« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2021, 11:33:02 PM »
The Blues shit the bed and lose to Arizona again. Confidence in this team is fading fast.

Let them tie it up with under a half second left I the game then lose in a shootout. Pathetic
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2021, 04:58:12 AM »
Laine benched for the 3rd last night? That didn't take long.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2021, 06:33:55 AM »
Laine benched for the 3rd last night? That didn't take long.

Actually, he was benched for a good portion of the 2nd too.  Did you see the play that brought it about?  Seriously, he was as useful as a pylon on the ice.  He literally just stood still in the d-zone, while Carolina hustled to a loose puck and scored.

https://youtu.be/CLRYXqbFHgE?t=356
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2021, 06:54:46 AM »
WOW! That's incredible. He was just standing there.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2021, 07:06:36 AM »

Like someone put the controller down.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2021, 07:13:18 AM »

:lol

That's funny.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #321 on: February 09, 2021, 07:34:10 AM »

Hilarious!!! 
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »

Hilarious!!!

In comparison.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2021, 09:58:08 AM »
God that gif is mesmerizing!  I'd forgotten all about that one.  :lmao:

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »
Yep.  During those days where Ovi and the Caps didn't have a cup and kept losing to the Rangers and Penguins in the playoffs in the 10s.  Feels like history now.

Anywho, I don't think we mentioned this at all, but Jim Rutherford, a few weeks back, resigned from being the GM of the Penguins due to reasons not disclosed in public yet to my knowledge.  As a result, Ron Hextall (whose been working with the Kings as a Hockey Operations Advisor and was a former Assistant GM with the Kings when they won the cup in 2012 and being the GM for the Flyers in between) is now the GM for the Penguins.  Brian Burke (whose been working as an analyst for Sportsnet nowadays) is also now deemed president of hockey operations for the Penguins.

Quite a big shakeup for the Penguins.  Hiring a guy that was a star goalie and also former recent GM for your nearby rival team as GM now and hiring a guy that is been either president/GM for like 5 different teams in a president role.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2021, 03:28:46 AM »
I thought the word is Rutherford "retired" because Ownership kibosh'd his plan/intent to trade Letang?  Maybe that was just an unsubstantiated rumour though.  I'm gonna miss Burkie on Sportsnet... one of my favorite TV personalities.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2021, 05:53:11 AM »
I thought the word is Rutherford "retired" because Ownership kibosh'd his plan/intent to trade Letang?  Maybe that was just an unsubstantiated rumour though. 

I haven't heard anything but there was definitely a major disagreement along the way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2021, 05:51:49 PM »
Goddamn, Bob McKenzie looks like he's been embalmed tonight. How much fucking makeup can you put on??

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2021, 04:57:31 AM »
Another hard fought win by the Leafs.  Montreal was the better team for the first 30 minutes of the game, then the Leafs got rolling.  Couple quick goals, and then held the fort for the W.

Rask.    :rollin :rollin :rollin  That could've been really bad.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2021, 05:19:14 AM »
2 quality choke jobs by the Leafs - none more embarrassing then being up 5-1 over the Sens with 10 seconds to go in the 2nd. Last time I remember blowing something that bad was a 5-0 3rd period lead over the Blues about 15 years ago.

Ottawa has their number ... kinda how the Coyotes have the Blues’ number.

Ffs, ya gotta put away the bottom feeders.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #330 on: February 18, 2021, 08:37:49 AM »
Kings suck again.  Sharks suck again.  Hopefully Seattle will give me a winning team.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2021, 09:33:06 AM »
Kings suck again.  Sharks suck again.  Hopefully Seattle will give me a winning team.

If the NHL does for Seattle what it did for Vegas, you'll be golden (no pun intended).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2021, 06:14:36 AM »
Hot damn those Carolina Whalers jerseys gave me a bit of a boner.  I'm sure Stads outright creamed himself.   :lol

And that Lake Tahoe setup looks hot too.  Not sure how it's going to be to watch - jingle.son told me the cameras are going to be a combination of the wired overhead, and drones.  With no stands, clearly there won't be the traditional centre ice scrolling as the primary view.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2021, 02:30:02 PM »
I’m loving the Nordique retro jersey!!!  Very cool setting to watch this game, but man is the ice shitty!  The players must be hating it.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2021, 03:04:41 PM »
And the game got delayed after one period..... due to the ice conditions.  Well with the NHL, as always, points for trying something different, minus points for not doing well in reacting to conditions like this.

NHL hosted an outdoor game in Vegas, 30 years ago, and it went ok for the most part (granted it was at night with no sun, in comparison to the Lake Tahoe game being in the afternoon with sun).

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »
The California game went well, i thought. And it was like 20c that day

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2021, 03:57:01 PM »
^^ Yeah, both California stadium games in 2014 and 2015 went well without issues.  Today's game could very well be due to the fact that the sun was clear which I think can affect ice moreso than pure temperature weather.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2021, 04:03:30 PM »
Game delayed until midnight? WTF??

Offline pg1067

« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2021, 04:08:06 PM »

Set your DVR...errrr....VCR.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2021, 04:09:55 PM »

Set your DVR...errrr....VCR.

It's blinking midnight anyway. ;D

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2021, 05:19:49 PM »
^^ Yeah, both California stadium games in 2014 and 2015 went well without issues.  Today's game could very well be due to the fact that the sun was clear which I think can affect ice moreso than pure temperature weather.
Yeah, i think those games were later, so the sun was already pretty low

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2021, 09:11:11 PM »
McDavid might actually got 100pts this season if he keeps this up. He's averaging 1.75ppg so far through 20 games (including tonight, and his 3 pts through 1 period).

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2021, 09:41:19 PM »
....and now he has a hat trick. Ridiculous. 7th career 5pt game, 8th hatty

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #343 on: February 20, 2021, 10:05:16 PM »
^^ It's such a bloody shame that the Oilers have two premium superstars in the league and that team does not look like they are cup contenders.  Seems like a waste of their peaks.  What do you think they can do to right the ship to have that mindset other than work on D and have a capable goalie?

On another note, the Avs/Golden Knights outdoor game is back on.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2021, 10:17:52 PM »
D and  goaltending are basically the only needs. The forwards are pretty solid, and the top 2 players are obviously the mutt's nuts. The problem is that offense alone won't win a playoff round. Maybe smith and Koskinen can get their shit together, but they also face a hundred shots per game

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2021, 05:55:16 AM »
....and now he has a hat trick. Ridiculous. 7th career 5pt game, 8th hatty

And Matthews just can't seem to find the net the 3rd time in a game - only 2 career hatty's, but 36 career 2-goal games (and three games in a row after last night)!  The North is a scoring bonanza ... McD, Draisatl, Marner and Mathews the top-4 point getters in the league.  The talk in Toronto is whether Matthews will get 50 goals this year.  Wouldn't that be something - McD hits 100; Matthews nets 50... in a 56 game season.  I'm giving Matthews about a 9% chance.  He looks good now, but everyone is bound to hit a lull/slump.  1/3 of the way into the season, and it seems that playing the same teams game-in / game-out is more beneficial to the offenses - at least in the North.

Hard to tell if Calgary is really as bad as they look, or if they are just in a deep funk.  I'm starting to think the former, and Markstrom isn't doing much to bail them out.  Then again, it was McDavid last night.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #346 on: February 21, 2021, 07:39:49 AM »
I don't think Matthews can hit 50 but he'll probably get awfully close. That would being be something though if he does. He's basically this generation's Ovechkin, as i see it. He probably won't ever win the Art Ross, especially with McD putting up points like he does, but he should be considered the favorite for the Rocket every year.

Spoiled in the North division, no doubt about it

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #347 on: February 21, 2021, 08:16:14 AM »
Toronto looks great this year, and it took was Boston and Tampa being taken out of their division!
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2021, 08:53:45 AM »
This Blues team seems destined for a playoff berth and a quick exit.  Unless something changes in a big way with this team, I don't see them making it past the Avs or Golden Knights in a 1st round series this year.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »
All ya gotta do is get to the dance.

I’d really like to see Toronto vs the Bs or Bolts ... its really too bad we’ll never know if the team is this good against othe too-rated teams (Edmonton notwithstanding .... though I’m not sure how long Smith can hold down the fort)