Author Topic: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.  (Read 72566 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2021, 09:33:22 AM »
Feels a little strange to be New Year's Day and have no hockey today, but it's coming soon enough, I suppose. :hat :hat

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2021, 10:44:12 AM »
Feels a little strange to be New Year's Day and have no hockey today, but it's coming soon enough, I suppose. :hat :hat

Blues were supposed to be playing the Wild in an outdoor Winter Classic.....I think it was today.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »
Interesting..

https://www.radio.com/weei/sports/bruins/report-bruins-to-play-outdoors-at-lake-tahoe-in-february

They work so hard to limit travel durring covid and yet, two teams will fly out west to play a game. Makes no sense. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2021, 12:16:50 PM »

Blues were supposed to be playing the Wild in an outdoor Winter Classic.....I think it was today.

I can't remember that for sure, but I will take your word for it.  I am so ready for some hockey.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2021, 01:44:55 PM »
Interesting..

https://www.radio.com/weei/sports/bruins/report-bruins-to-play-outdoors-at-lake-tahoe-in-february

They work so hard to limit travel durring covid and yet, two teams will fly out west to play a game. Makes no sense.

I said this on another board, but I think this may be because NBC Sports may have something to do with it and think they want to push having an East coast (so-called bigger markets) pair to drive up tv interest.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
Surprised it wasn't New York/Washington honestly.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2021, 12:50:21 AM »
Can we fast forward to October so the KRAKEN can start???  Looking forward to that! 

FACE THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE!!!!  :metal :metal :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2021, 05:50:53 AM »

Hockey in Seattle?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »

Hockey in Seattle?
Or Florida

Or Tampa

Or Arizona

All worthy candidates...

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »
^^ At least. one of those teams you mentioned have won a championship (now two of them) and have stable management and ownership.  The others, my goodness, I don't know how long can those other two teams last for before moving them has to be the option.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 10:44:46 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline dparrott

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2021, 09:36:32 PM »
Yea but where would they move to?  If Seattle's not a good place supposedly...
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2021, 10:58:37 PM »
Well, if Florida moves, people in Quebec City probably wants a team there again.  They would boo the tar out of the Avs all day.  If Arizona moves, from what I've been reading random stuff, apparently the next feasible location to try would be Houston?  At this point, from what I've been reading in various forums, the only way teams moves to a new city is if there is an owner willing to light hundreds of millions of dollars on fire owning a NHL team and pay the relocation fee.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2021, 05:20:17 AM »
Canada dominated the Russians last night. It was so weird watching the latter ... the only have one right-handed shot on the entire lineup!  Wish I’d stayed up to watch the USA-Finland game. What a thrilling 3rd period that looked like.  Should be a good gold medal game tonight.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2021, 05:36:55 AM »
Canada dominated the Russians last night. It was so weird watching the latter ... the only have one right-handed shot on the entire lineup!  Wish I’d stayed up to watch the USA-Finland game. What a thrilling 3rd period that looked like.  Should be a good gold medal game tonight.

I haven't been paying any attention to this, and I usually do.

Gold Medal game tonight? I'll have to check it out.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2021, 09:56:16 AM »
Not take away from the World Juniors talk and how exciting yesterday's game between USA and Finland was and how well Turcotte and Kaliyev (hot dang, it's great that both are Kings prospects) did in those games, and how exciting the Gold Medal game is between US and Canada (I always like a good US/Canada hockey clash in any form in international hockey), but I got to state this.

The NHL has decided to be sponsored by these following companies for branding purposes of the divisions.  I hate it, but the league got to find some way to pump revenue with no fans in the stands.

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1346478384243646466

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2021, 10:35:58 AM »
It's understandable for this year.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2021, 10:43:19 AM »
It's understandable for this year.

Arena sponsors are also getting their logo's on the helmets.  Some are unobtrusive; others are tacky.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2021, 12:15:41 PM »
This was bound to happen eventually. I hope they keep advertising off jerseys, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the NHL eventually takes that step.

As for the WJHC, i haven't watched a single minute, and I'm glad. The tournament has lost its shine for me. Too many lopsided games and shutouts. I would prefer they go to a 6 team format of some kind. That would be a far more competitive tournament, and the 5-6 teams could have to earn their spots in a qualifying tournament. That would give teams like the Swiss, Chzechs and Slovakians a chance at the 2 other spots (most years, anyway).

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2021, 02:04:23 PM »
This was bound to happen eventually. I hope they keep advertising off jerseys, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the NHL eventually takes that step.

As for the WJHC, i haven't watched a single minute, and I'm glad. The tournament has lost its shine for me. Too many lopsided games and shutouts. I would prefer they go to a 6 team format of some kind. That would be a far more competitive tournament, and the 5-6 teams could have to earn their spots in a qualifying tournament. That would give teams like the Swiss, Chzechs and Slovakians a chance at the 2 other spots (most years, anyway).

I think something needs to be done... the difference between the Have's and Have Nots is considerable.  After Can, USA, Russia, Fin, Swe, it's slim pickins.  Germans seem to be improving though.  I mean, the last 11 Gold Medals were split between USA, Can, and Fin (3 each); Russia and Sweden with 1 each (though Russia has a crap ton of Silvers - they just can't win the big game.

This is why I only watch the medal rounds.  No need to watch a 16-2 blowout.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2021, 07:41:31 PM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2021, 09:57:07 PM »
Gritty win by the US squad.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2021, 10:09:35 PM »
Gritty win by the US squad.

Yeah, that was a hard fought hockey game.  Tough bounce on that 2nd goal, but the US defended the middle of the slot perfectly.  Canada really didn't have too many high quality chances.  Congrats to the US squad.  They were the better team tonight.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2021, 07:35:43 AM »
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2021, 07:58:57 AM »
Son of a bitch.  RIP.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2021, 10:26:44 AM »
Entertaining game last night, felt good to be watching hockey with a rooting interest again :lol I'm curious to see how the Devils' season unfolds. They'd have to have some young guys take a serious leap in order to compete in that Eastern division, but I really like them bringing Corey Crawford in to play alongside Blackwood this season. Goaltending (and specifically backup goaltending) has been a major weakness the past couple seasons, but we should have one of the better starting duos in the league this year. Hopefully that alleviates some pressure on the skaters and helps them grow a bit. I think another season though and we should be ready to hopefully get back to being playoff contenders.
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
It's official!

I'd have this man's baby!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2021, 08:37:21 PM »
Shocker!

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »
It's official!

I'd have this man's baby!

As it should be!

And yes, get me pregnant Bergy. ;D
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »
but I really like them bringing Corey Crawford in to play alongside Blackwood this season. Goaltending (and specifically backup goaltending) has been a major weakness the past couple seasons, but we should have one of the better starting duos in the league this year.

Well, this aged well :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »
but I really like them bringing Corey Crawford in to play alongside Blackwood this season. Goaltending (and specifically backup goaltending) has been a major weakness the past couple seasons, but we should have one of the better starting duos in the league this year.

Great post

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2021, 07:09:38 PM »

At least you're self aware.  3 fucking days!   :rollin :rollin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2021, 07:33:09 PM »
Corey Crawford retires.