Author Topic: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.  (Read 73181 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NHL (2020-2021) v. Draft, sign, & trade.
« Reply #1295 on: June 25, 2021, 11:44:49 AM »
Also, just gotta say that Caufield's goal last night was fucking sick.

Was that Montreal's second goal?  Rushing in and roofed it over the shoulder?

Yup
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1296 on: June 25, 2021, 12:10:35 PM »
Also, just gotta say that Caufield's goal last night was fucking sick.

Was that Montreal's second goal?  Rushing in and roofed it over the shoulder?

Yup

I turned the game on and a minute later I saw that goal.  It was nasty.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1297 on: June 25, 2021, 08:48:11 PM »
Well, it's official.  Tampa Bay vs Montreal.  I'm not going to make a guess on who wins this, but I will say, Montreal has a huge challenge ahead of them.  They were able to shut down key players in all of their series wins, but I don't know how they can shut down Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, etc. enough and I don't know how they can score enough on Vasilevskiy.  Islanders didn't really put much of a fight in the 3rd being down 1-0 in a game 7.  We'll see how it goes starting on Monday.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1298 on: June 25, 2021, 09:01:17 PM »
I cannot believe I have to root for the Canadiens. I am not happy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1299 on: June 25, 2021, 09:03:26 PM »
^^ This is like one of your worst nightmare matchup, right now.  And they are all going to be back in the same division next season, man.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1300 on: June 25, 2021, 09:10:47 PM »
Rooting for the Canadiens is like asking someone to put on a Winger CD.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1301 on: June 25, 2021, 09:18:19 PM »
Once Vegas went down there wasn’t a single team left that I like, but I cannot stress enough how happy I am that the Islanders are done.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online faizoff

« Reply #1302 on: June 25, 2021, 09:31:57 PM »
I cannot believe I have to root for the Canadiens. I am not happy.

Cmon us Lightning people aren't that bad, plus Winger rulzzz!!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #1303 on: June 26, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
Even though I'm moving from Long Island to Tampa next year, I can't bring myself to like the Bolts. So I don't know who I'll be cheering for. Kucherov, as unbelievably talented as he is, is my most-hated player. Maybe when I actually watch the games, I'll feel a pull one way or the other.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1304 on: June 26, 2021, 03:27:49 PM »
I'd like to see Maroon hoist the Cup again, so I guess I am rooting for the Lightning.  As great as the Canadiens run has been, I'd rather not see the team that had the 18th best record in the regular season win the Cup.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1305 on: June 26, 2021, 03:40:49 PM »
As great as the Canadiens run has been, I'd rather not see the team that had the 18th best record in the regular season win the Cup.

you don’t need to make up a reason  :P it’s ok to irrationally hate a sports team. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1306 on: June 26, 2021, 03:46:17 PM »
I don't see what this 18th best record nonsense has to do with anything.  Heck, this isn't even the first time Montreal has punched above their weight class.  When they made it to the 2010 Eastern conference finals, they had the 19th best record in the league that year.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 03:52:19 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1307 on: June 26, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »
I don't see what this 18th best record nonsense has to do with anything.  Heck, this isn't even the first time Montreal has punched above their weight class.  When they made it to the 2010 Eastern conference finals, they had the 19th best record in the league that year.

And the only team that could beat them was the team with the 18th best record. :lol
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1308 on: June 28, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »
Just read heartbreaking news that David Pasternak's 6 Day old son died.  :'(   There was no cause revealed in the article but nonetheless.....how utterly devastating and heartbreaking. 'We' look at these sports figures as other worldly for the things they can do on the ice/field/court.....and easily forget they're just people living their lives as well...experiencing life as it comes like the rest of us.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1309 on: June 28, 2021, 11:07:46 AM »
Just read heartbreaking news that David Pasternak's 6 Day old son died.  :'(   There was no cause revealed in the article but nonetheless.....how utterly devastating and heartbreaking. 'We' look at these sports figures as other worldly for the things they can do on the ice/field/court.....and easily forget they're just people living their lives as well...experiencing life as it comes like the rest of us.

That’s awful news.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1310 on: June 28, 2021, 11:12:57 AM »
I can't even imagine what him and his significant other is going through right now. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1311 on: June 28, 2021, 11:17:55 AM »
That was just devastating news to hear.  Definitely shed a few tears when I heard the news.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1312 on: June 28, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »
What the fuck?  JFC... I'm just empty now.  That's fucking terrible.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1313 on: June 28, 2021, 03:23:37 PM »
I saw this this morning. It's awful. And there's no more further news locally.

Pasta's father died when he was very young, like maybe 6 or something.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1314 on: June 28, 2021, 03:31:16 PM »
Saw that on Twitter a bit ago. Just awful. I can't even imagine.  :( :(

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1315 on: June 28, 2021, 07:44:14 PM »
not off to great start for the Habs.  Tampa's not gonna give that Stanley Cup away, clearly

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1316 on: June 29, 2021, 06:19:51 AM »
Awesome job by Tom Brady last night in inspiring a team from another sport in his current city to victory.  :coolio

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1317 on: June 29, 2021, 06:58:29 AM »
Awesome job by Tom Brady last night in inspiring a team from another sport in his current city to victory.  :coolio

:lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1318 on: June 29, 2021, 08:23:27 AM »
I think the Canadians have met their match. What TB has that the other ‘better’ teams didn’t is the confidence of being a Champion. I don’t see how Montreal wins more than one game as its going to take a perfect game by them to beat TB.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1319 on: June 29, 2021, 08:44:58 AM »

Don’t forget, he also got the Rays to the WS.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1320 on: June 29, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »
Yep, the Bolts looks like a team that's well-oiled in a lot of ways that it's going to be really tough for them to go off balance at the worst times.  Don't think the Habs can give the Bolts enough problems that will cause them to go off-balance and I don't see the Habs being able to capitalized on that like they did with their series with the Leafs and Golden Knights.  We'll see.

I didn't think Bolts was able to be cap compliant and still be good given that they had to resign a few RFAs in the off-season, but that Kucherov injury gave them a window (which in turn leads them being about $18 million overcap when the post-season begins.....) to go back-to-back and here we are now.  They will have their days of cap hell to think about in this off-season where they will have to make some tough decisions given that they would be $5 million over the cap starting this off-season, but for them, now's not the time to focus on that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1321 on: June 29, 2021, 10:50:28 AM »
Yeah, kinda hard to beat a $98M team.  It'll be interesting to see if the Cdns can bounce back like they did after losing 5-0 to the Leafs, or like the Isles did after their 8-0 whipping.

I think it's more likely the case that they are spent after 3 rounds of punching above their weight class.  Time will tell.

As for the Bolts, doesn't cap hell begin pretty quick?  Between needing to be compliant for the expansion draft, and I think the rule is that teams can only be 10% above the cap in the off-season, they'll have to make some significant moves pdq, no?

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1322 on: June 29, 2021, 11:05:01 AM »
^^ Well, according to CapFriendly, they will have 19 players signed on their main roster at $86,566,666 ($5 million over the cap) when the off-season begins.  Therefore, they would be below the 10% threshold above the cap in the offsesaon, but have to make some trimmings to get below the $81.5 million when the season starts (unless they magically find a way to determine that another one of their big contracts has to sit out for the season due to surgery/injuries, but will be fine for the playoffs).  Don't think they can use LTIR to their fullest benefits next season where it would be a full 82 season as oppose to this year's 56.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1323 on: June 29, 2021, 11:30:12 AM »
Right, and they can only protect six forwards and four D (plus Vasilevsky).  So, which of Gourde/Cirelli/Johnson/Killorn do they want to lose to expansion?  Better to trade (if they can) and get something in return if they have to trade one or more of them anyway.  Are they just going to walk away from Coleman and Goodrow (UFA's). I think they may have to get away from one of their big contracts on defence too.  Though, McDonagh's got NTC.   

They sure are benefitting from Kuch's year long injury/recovery, and this team will look DRASTICALLY different next year.

Brisbrois is gonna be the 2nd hardest working GM this off-season.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1325 on: June 29, 2021, 12:55:34 PM »
^^ Other names from that article to look at regarding reporters/analyst.

ESPN’s diverse group of commentators include NHL legends Mark Messier and Chris Chelios, former US women’s hockey Olympic gold medalist and Nantucket native A.J. Mleczko, Ray Ferraro, Brian Boucher, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Kevin Weekes, Ryan Callahan, Rick DiPietro, Hilary Knight, and longtime ESPN analyst Barry Melrose.

Reporters include Blake Bolden, Emily Kaplan, and Greg Wyshynski. Linda Cohn will continue to host In the Crease, the signature nightly hockey program on ESPN+, during the NHL season.

Kenneth Garay and Eitán Benezra will handle play-by-play on ESPN Deportes, with Carlos Rossell and Antonio Valle contributing analysis.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1326 on: June 29, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »
^^ Other names from that article to look at regarding reporters/analyst.

ESPN’s diverse group of commentators include NHL legends Mark Messier and Chris Chelios, former US women’s hockey Olympic gold medalist and Nantucket native A.J. Mleczko, Ray Ferraro, Brian Boucher, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Kevin Weekes, Ryan Callahan, Rick DiPietro, Hilary Knight, and longtime ESPN analyst Barry Melrose.

Reporters include Blake Bolden, Emily Kaplan, and Greg Wyshynski. Linda Cohn will continue to host In the Crease, the signature nightly hockey program on ESPN+, during the NHL season.

Kenneth Garay and Eitán Benezra will handle play-by-play on ESPN Deportes, with Carlos Rossell and Antonio Valle contributing analysis.

And not a Pierre McGuire to be found on that list.  Praise be.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1327 on: June 29, 2021, 02:00:54 PM »
Oilers & RNH agree to 8@41m.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1328 on: June 29, 2021, 02:24:40 PM »
It was the talk of town this morning. A little long, but that cap hit is gravy. He's easily worth $5M per season

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1329 on: June 29, 2021, 03:03:16 PM »
It was the talk of town this morning. A little long, but that cap hit is gravy. He's easily worth $5M per season

Yeah, that's a great AAV.