Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 172152 times)

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #3150 on: September 19, 2023, 08:36:07 AM »
Apparently Starfield will get DLSS eventually, that would definitely help.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3151 on: September 19, 2023, 08:37:31 AM »
I picked up Void Crew, which is a co-op space exploration game in the Guns of Icarus vibe, yesterday. Buggy as all hell right now, but its looking promising.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #3152 on: September 19, 2023, 08:38:34 AM »
Has anyone played Baldur's Gate 3 for PS5? If so, worth it if you're a long time BG fan?

If you are a BG fan, or a fan of RPGs in general, definitely.

TY. I watched the preview videos on the PS store yesterday. I'll likely pull the trigger.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Online TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #3153 on: September 19, 2023, 11:20:10 AM »

that sounds kinda insane to me? Starfield on the DSXL??? here i was hoping for a switch port, lol!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3154 on: September 19, 2023, 11:27:53 AM »

that sounds kinda insane to me? Starfield on the DSXL??? here i was hoping for a switch port, lol!

DLSS is super sampling proprietary tech Nvidia uses for their cards. Simply put it helps boost FPS with little to no performance hit. (I'd argue DLSS looks better on than off). It's  truly incredible tech. However getting starfield on dsxl would be even more impressive :lol

More info here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3155 on: September 19, 2023, 03:51:11 PM »
I thought there was already unofficial DLSS support. However, it does look like it's the CPU side that's limiting people right now. Thankfully, I've got that more covered than the VGA side of things.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3156 on: September 19, 2023, 03:58:29 PM »
If I remember right digital foundry reported that the reason it didn't come packaged with DLSS was because amd wanted to block it due to partnership hence the modded support. I think Bethesda said official dlss is coming.

« Reply #3157 on: September 19, 2023, 04:36:02 PM »

DLSS is super sampling proprietary tech Nvidia uses for their cards. Simply put it helps boost FPS with little to no performance hit. (I'd argue DLSS looks better on than off). It's  truly incredible tech. However getting starfield on dsxl would be even more impressive :lol

More info here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/

oh shit i had a total brain meltdown there, lol. completely misread that. probably the j
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3158 on: September 20, 2023, 06:05:36 AM »
I'm 25 hours into Starfield, and it has been such an interesting journey. It's worth noting that I don't usually love Bethesda games, so I don't think it was ever in the cards for me to fall completely in love with it, but I was hoping that I would at least enjoy it. For the most part, that has been the case! I like Starfield.

It's interesting though because there aren't a lot of individual things that I feel the game nails. Atmosphere, music, and sound are all phenomenal. I love the art style and I think certain aspects of graphics are actually really impressive, such as materials. Outside of that though... Combat is good but not great, IMO. Stealth is way behind other games. The story is engaging so far but we're not talking about Red Dead Redemption 2 here. I like most of the characters, but again, this isn't Mass Effect. Exploration is just not good to me, this was a real miss, IMO.

I think the beauty of Bethesda games is that they give you this big world and an infinite number of things to do, and then you have complete freedom to just "go for it". But for me... I need at least some guard rails. :lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3159 on: September 20, 2023, 08:14:47 AM »
I agree that they do things well in this game, but not one thing particularly shines through.  but that's OK, the mechanics are all good enough.  The game works too (I haven't had any bugs or crashes personally). I think this is all OK because the game isn't about one aspect, but all the possibilites and as long as those possibilities (stealth play, flying the spacecraft, crafting etc) are good enough and from my experience so far, they are. 

Finally completed a mission last night that got me a new upgraded spacecraft.  I was so happy when I made it through the lair to see a huge ship for me. (along with new space suits, although the one I have now is still better).  And all of this was fairly random because I just happened to jump to a system (since I was too far from where I wanted to go) that had a spaceship on it that I decided to explore. (once I boarded it said I started a mission, so figured I'd play it out, well worth my time).

At this point, I could sit there and play this game non stop and not realize how long I'm playing.  I do wonder how long that feeling will last though.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #3160 on: September 22, 2023, 06:07:06 AM »
I saw the great reviews that Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is getting, and then I remembered I still need to play Baldur's Gate 3, which is a once in a generation-type game, and I came to the realization that I'm ready to stop playing Starfield. As I said above, I do really like certain aspects of it, but I think just as many aspects are just not good. I can probably only fit in two more games before the end of the year, so... I made a choice. :lol

For those who do end up sinking 100+ hours into it, I would be curious to hear your thoughts after the dust settles.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3161 on: September 22, 2023, 06:48:00 AM »
20 years of Steam, then! Although I didn't activate my first game until 15 October 2004. And that was the Half-Life Platinum Pack which was apparently complimentary. Coincidentally, that was also the year I saw DT live for the first time. 17 January, Hammersmith Odeon, and that also happened to be my birthday.

Anyway, I'd be lost without Steam now. And although it was a change at first, it's great not to have game boxes everywhere. I do miss those proper game manuals, though!

I just looked and I had my Steam account created in May 2008. I thought I had created it much earlier, probably did too as I had several accounts in the beginning for whatever reason. I got it for Half Life 2 and I think a  bunch of other mods, they were so much fun. Back when you could play games on a basic $40 video card.

I too was at that DT concert and it was my first one as well! I was in Uni at the time and lived in London. Had a great time waiting to get inside, the crowd was so much fun, kept singing songs with Spirit Carries on being the highlight. People in the line were so cool and friendly. Great setlist too, I remember the Voices UK fan club being there

Oooh, I missed this! Did you meet up with Voices? We met in a pub down the road. Can't remember the name of it now. The William Morris, maybe? Yeah, The William Morris. No idea how I've remembered that! Shitty pub, though 😁 And if you met up with Voices, I wonder if you and I met?!

Setlist:

As I Am
Act I: Scene Four: Beyond This Life
Endless Sacrifice
Caught in a Web (with drum solo)
This Dying Soul
The Great Debate
Act II: Scene Nine: Finally Free
Keyboard Solo
Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to…) (Queen cover)
Honor Thy Father
Another Day
Only a Matter of Time
Erotomania
Voices
The Silent Man
In the Name of God

Trial of Tears

Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper

Yeah, what a humdinger :metal
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online faizoff

« Reply #3162 on: September 22, 2023, 07:12:21 AM »
I didn't go to the VoicesUk meetup, I can't remember why so no we didn't meet.
I had joined the VoicesUK forum around the same time as the MP forum but didn't visit those sites that much because DT.net forum was still active. When I found out that MP himself kept posting on his site and provided more info I just moved there.

That concert was so great, they were a little rusty at parts as it was only the 2nd show of the tour.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3163 on: September 22, 2023, 08:45:09 AM »
Well that's kind of the issue, it seems a lot of these setting don't change much at all for FPS :lol I also don't really want to play on 1080 when I have a PC built for 1440.  But like I said, it's just an adjustment, last night I played and I hardly noticed the frame rate being a problem as I approach 10 hours of gameplay so my eyes have adjusted. 

My tiktok feed is now like 90% Starfield tips and tricks.  I'm not complaining, but damn, there's just so many things in the game and I don't really feel like doing what everyone says to do to "max XP" or "get the best gun/spacecraft for free".  What I get coming to me will be strictly based on how I decide to play the game.  There's just way too much for me to care about the "best gun" when I can craft it if I really wanted it or maybe I'll just obtain it naturally. (apparantly loot is randomized, so we all may kill the same person but get a different gun off the body).

I should also add that I put the difficulty on very easy.  There's so much to do in this game that worrying about ammo/med packs is not part of the gameplay loop I'm too interested in.
For some reason I put my Fuck Bethesda rant in the PC thread, although It's certainly just as applicable there. In any case, all the research I did told me two things that should help you a tiny bit. Nvidia has produced a gameready driver that should get you a few extra frames. And by a few I mean 3-4, but if you're struggling to hit 30 that's significant. Also, the biggest problem with it's lack of Nvidia optimization is the shadows. You can downgrade the shadows a tick or two and get a much better performance boost.

As for DLSS, it's not recommended so much for getting a better frame rate, but for the visual quality. It'll work on par with FSR in terms of performance, but it looks quite a bit better, as I understand it. Most of what I've read is that FSR just looks like shit, and given the RTX emphasis on AI related stuff it's not at all surprising that they'd do this sort of thing far better.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3164 on: September 25, 2023, 03:07:49 PM »
Looks like Starfield got an update that fixed all the glitches people were doing to get easy money.  Kind of surprised they got a fix in, not only fairly quick, but at all. 

I played for like 8 hours yesterday, it's been awhile since I immersed myself in a game for so long.  It was incredible. Granted, I will say, I am starting to feel the fatigue of it all, like other Bethesda games.  But I'm no where close to finishing or even to exploring and doing a lot of what the game is capable of.  I only just killed my first terraformer which was a lot of fun.  I guess I should just try to focus on the main missions as those are usually the most interesting and not just basic fetch or kill type missions that a lot of the side missions end up being. (not all, there's awesome side missions, it's just hit or miss whether they are fun/interesting)

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #3165 on: September 27, 2023, 09:59:50 AM »
Looks like Starfield got an update that fixed all the glitches people were doing to get easy money.  Kind of surprised they got a fix in, not only fairly quick, but at all. 

I played for like 8 hours yesterday, it's been awhile since I immersed myself in a game for so long.  It was incredible. Granted, I will say, I am starting to feel the fatigue of it all, like other Bethesda games.  But I'm no where close to finishing or even to exploring and doing a lot of what the game is capable of.  I only just killed my first terraformer which was a lot of fun.  I guess I should just try to focus on the main missions as those are usually the most interesting and not just basic fetch or kill type missions that a lot of the side missions end up being. (not all, there's awesome side missions, it's just hit or miss whether they are fun/interesting)

I think the major sidequest lines is where the game shines the most (the factions). Main quest is solid enough.

And do you mean a Terrormorph? Was it in the context of a questline or a random encounter?

I'm 25 hours into Starfield, and it has been such an interesting journey. It's worth noting that I don't usually love Bethesda games, so I don't think it was ever in the cards for me to fall completely in love with it, but I was hoping that I would at least enjoy it. For the most part, that has been the case! I like Starfield.

It's interesting though because there aren't a lot of individual things that I feel the game nails. Atmosphere, music, and sound are all phenomenal. I love the art style and I think certain aspects of graphics are actually really impressive, such as materials. Outside of that though... Combat is good but not great, IMO. Stealth is way behind other games. The story is engaging so far but we're not talking about Red Dead Redemption 2 here. I like most of the characters, but again, this isn't Mass Effect. Exploration is just not good to me, this was a real miss, IMO.

I think the beauty of Bethesda games is that they give you this big world and an infinite number of things to do, and then you have complete freedom to just "go for it". But for me... I need at least some guard rails. :lol

I do think Starfield is a good shooter. Almost all of the guns feel good and many of the interiors are well designed for shootouts. The impact on enemies also feels good. I have had some great encounters and like running and gunning with a shotgun in particular. Since shooting is what most players will be doing for a big chunk of the time, I do feel that is a big plus. A lot of RPG shooters aren't that great, including Mass Effect where it always felt like a B/C-grade Gears of War to me.

The setting works well for me. It is fairly serious and grounded, and therefore feels quite unique in gaming (where a lot of space settings are closer to, say Star Wars and Star Trek, rather than The Expanse, Alien, or Interstellar). People keep comparing it to games like Baldur's Gate but this Starfield is such a different experience overall.

But overall I agree, most of the elements aren't that great and some even actively decrease enjoyment.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3166 on: September 28, 2023, 01:44:27 PM »

I think the major sidequest lines is where the game shines the most (the factions). Main quest is solid enough.

And do you mean a Terrormorph? Was it in the context of a questline or a random encounter?

I do think Starfield is a good shooter. Almost all of the guns feel good and many of the interiors are well designed for shootouts. The impact on enemies also feels good. I have had some great encounters and like running and gunning with a shotgun in particular. Since shooting is what most players will be doing for a big chunk of the time, I do feel that is a big plus. A lot of RPG shooters aren't that great, including Mass Effect where it always felt like a B/C-grade Gears of War to me.

The setting works well for me. It is fairly serious and grounded, and therefore feels quite unique in gaming (where a lot of space settings are closer to, say Star Wars and Star Trek, rather than The Expanse, Alien, or Interstellar). People keep comparing it to games like Baldur's Gate but this Starfield is such a different experience overall.

But overall I agree, most of the elements aren't that great and some even actively decrease enjoyment.

:lol yeah meant Terramorph.  Terraformer is a Thank You Scientist album. I thought it was part of the main story missions, but it seems to be apart of a very long side quest line.  I don't recall how I started it, I was helping a scientist for the United Colonies where I went a saved a town from a terramorph and then yesterday I continued down this quest line to do a lot more terramorph related missions, which was actually really cool and there's still more for me to do there.  I just figured since they are mentioned quite a bit, that it was part of the main quest.  And yeah, some of these side quests are great, but it's still hit or miss IMO.  Something like these are awesome and basically an entire game inside the main game.

As for it being a good shooter, I generally agree.  Some guns feel really good to play with.  I was using an energy sniper for awhile, but I found this silenced pistol that's just as good at range and with my sneaking skill at level 3, it pairs really well. It definitely feels a lot better than the previous Bethesda games when it comes to combat, although it's generally mostly the same.  Also, the AI reactions to getting shot are great.  Lots of different reactions and ways they die.  I didn't realize this, and I've tried to replicate it but so far can't, but I shot one guys booster pack and he went flying.  Thought it was hilarious. 

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3167 on: September 29, 2023, 12:48:10 PM »
That's good to hear the shooting has a good feel to it. That's always been lacking in their previous games.

How is the enemy AI? Do they still run around like chickens with their heads cut off while retaining perfect accuracy while shooting? I also hate Terminator AI where they just walk straight at you and shoot.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3168 on: September 29, 2023, 01:18:44 PM »
There's a cover system, the AI will use that.  They are still a bit odd with movement overall though.  Sometimes one will just run right past me  :lol

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3169 on: September 29, 2023, 02:13:35 PM »
There's a cover system, the AI will use that.  They are still a bit odd with movement overall though.  Sometimes one will just run right past me  :lol

Sexcellent. I recently finished The Outer Worlds. It made me think more about getting Starfield but I'm still going to try to hold out for a big sale.

I think The Outer Worlds was pretty overrated. I was really expecting so much more with all the praise it got and the Fallout New Vegas connection. The Outer Worlds wasn't bad but it just felt like it was missing something. I had no problem with the size of the world. I spent over 40 hours on the base game and I didn't do all the quests or any of the DLCs. I even missed a party member who was pretty much right under my nose the whole time  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3170 on: September 29, 2023, 02:25:16 PM »

Sexcellent. I recently finished The Outer Worlds. It made me think more about getting Starfield but I'm still going to try to hold out for a big sale.

I think The Outer Worlds was pretty overrated. I was really expecting so much more with all the praise it got and the Fallout New Vegas connection. The Outer Worlds wasn't bad but it just felt like it was missing something. I had no problem with the size of the world. I spent over 40 hours on the base game and I didn't do all the quests or any of the DLCs. I even missed a party member who was pretty much right under my nose the whole time  :lol
Black Friday for me. Although it's not entirely about price. If they haven't made headway in optimizing it for Nvidia users I'll just steal the stupid thing anyway. I'm mostly waiting until a point where I'll have some time to immerse myself in it.
E.F. Benson

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3171 on: September 29, 2023, 03:23:54 PM »

Black Friday for me. Although it's not entirely about price. If they haven't made headway in optimizing it for Nvidia users I'll just steal the stupid thing anyway. I'm mostly waiting until a point where I'll have some time to immerse myself in it.

What's wrong with the performance on Nvidia GPUs? I have a RTX 2070 Super. I'm not sure how good or bad that will be on this game for 1080Pee.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3172 on: September 29, 2023, 04:41:01 PM »

Not trying to get you over hyped though.  If you know Bethesda, you know what you're getting into.  It's just an upgrade from the previous games specifically for the guns. I do a lot of melee and it's not that different.  You can easily move around the enemies up close just like in previous games.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3173 on: September 29, 2023, 05:10:07 PM »

The Outer Worlds is a perfect 7/10 game in mind. Not great but not bad. I got kind of bored towards the end and I did feel that it underdelivered but I had some fun while playing it. The plus side was it got me to reinstall and play through New Vegas and finally complete the DLC which was such a treat.

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3174 on: September 29, 2023, 05:19:51 PM »

Not trying to get you over hyped though.  If you know Bethesda, you know what you're getting into.  It's just an upgrade from the previous games specifically for the guns. I do a lot of melee and it's not that different.  You can easily move around the enemies up close just like in previous games.

Cool. I'm looking forward to playing it.

The Outer Worlds is a perfect 7/10 game in mind. Not great but not bad. I got kind of bored towards the end and I did feel that it underdelivered but I had some fun while playing it. The plus side was it got me to reinstall and play through New Vegas and finally complete the DLC which was such a treat.

I was maybe halfway through when I considered putting it on easy (I was playing on hard) and just blasting through the rest of the story just to get it over with. But I ended up doing a bunch more sidequests and enjoyed the rest of the game.

I'm also looking into replaying New Vegas with a mod pack. I haven't played it since it came out. Last time I tried installing a mod pack, the game did not work though :(

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3175 on: September 29, 2023, 06:39:17 PM »

What's wrong with the performance on Nvidia GPUs? I have a RTX 2070 Super. I'm not sure how good or bad that will be on this game for 1080Pee.
I posted about it in the PC thread. AMD was a sponsor of Starfield, and as such Bethesda optimized the game to play well on their cards, and performance is pretty awful with Nvidia cards. People who shelled out $1600 for a shiny new 4090 can't even hit 60fps in 4k in a game that doesn't even utilize ray tracing. As for us (I have the same card), we should be able to do alright at 1080, but I doubt it'll be great quality settings and it might not be until after they get around to adding DLSS support. It would seem that Bethesda knew that it'd sell a gazillion units, so taking AmD's money to dump on Nvidia users was the more profitable move. Except from me. I'll likely just steal it now.
E.F. Benson

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3176 on: September 29, 2023, 06:55:17 PM »

I posted about it in the PC thread. AMD was a sponsor of Starfield, and as such Bethesda optimized the game to play well on their cards, and performance is pretty awful with Nvidia cards. People who shelled out $1600 for a shiny new 4090 can't even hit 60fps in 4k in a game that doesn't even utilize ray tracing. As for us (I have the same card), we should be able to do alright at 1080, but I doubt it'll be great quality settings and it might not be until after they get around to adding DLSS support. It would seem that Bethesda knew that it'd sell a gazillion units, so taking AmD's money to dump on Nvidia users was the more profitable move. Except from me. I'll likely just steal it now.

That's pretty shitty of them. I'll PM you about something. Probably can't say it in here.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3177 on: September 29, 2023, 09:08:41 PM »

Bethesda has stated that they are adding in DLSS support "soon". Whatever that means...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3178 on: September 30, 2023, 12:56:27 PM »

Bethesda has stated that they are adding in DLSS support "soon". Whatever that means...
The way I understand it, DLSS isn't going to get anybody a bunch of extra frames. FSR is already doing that for people with Nvidia cards. DLSS will offer a similar boost, but it'll look a whole lot better because FSR is apparently crap.
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3179 on: September 30, 2023, 01:16:29 PM »

The way I understand it, DLSS isn't going to get anybody a bunch of extra frames. FSR is already doing that for people with Nvidia cards. DLSS will offer a similar boost, but it'll look a whole lot better because FSR is apparently crap.
Oh, for sure. I just meant, who knows what soon means in Bethesda's minds.

It's funny, I understand how DLSS works (I've been working with its implementation in Unreal Engine 5 for a while now), but it still seems like magic to me. I mean, I can't tell the difference between native resolution with good AA and DLSS Quality at 3440x1440 resolution, as far as image quality goes. Especially DLSS 3. Even DLSS Balanced I'm hard pressed to find differences, but they are there.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3180 on: September 30, 2023, 01:18:15 PM »

It's funny, I understand how DLSS works (I've been working with its implementation in Unreal Engine 5 for a while now), but it still seems like magic to me. I mean, I can't tell the difference between native resolution with good AA and DLSS Quality at 3440x1440 resolution, as far as image quality goes. Especially DLSS 3. Even DLSS Balanced I'm hard pressed to find differences, but they are there.
How much of a frame boost are you seeing without any noticeable change in quality?
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3181 on: September 30, 2023, 01:31:45 PM »

How much of a frame boost are you seeing without any noticeable change in quality?
In Starfield it's not much of a boost right now, since there's only modded DLSS at the moment. I'm only getting about 5-10 boost in framerate, but overall it's much more stable. The 1% and .1% lows are higher, so less stuttering.

In games like Cyberpunk the framerate increase is huge. I think the last time I checked I was getting 30-40% gains on DLSS3 quality, if I remember correctly. I have still yet to try the new Phantom Liberty expansion.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3182 on: September 30, 2023, 02:10:40 PM »
In Starfield it's not much of a boost right now, since there's only modded DLSS at the moment. I'm only getting about 5-10 boost in framerate, but overall it's much more stable. The 1% and .1% lows are higher, so less stuttering.

In games like Cyberpunk the framerate increase is huge. I think the last time I checked I was getting 30-40% gains on DLSS3 quality, if I remember correctly. I have still yet to try the new Phantom Liberty expansion.
Cool. I didn't know it was even offering 5-10 in Starfield. As for the rest ~35% with no discernible difference in quality kind of does sound like black magic.
E.F. Benson

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3183 on: September 30, 2023, 04:31:56 PM »
Anyone playing Lie Of P? I picked it up after a recommendation from my co-worker and for a non Fromsoft game it's a damn good Soulsike. I've only hit a few roadblocks but for the most part the challenge is balanced and there's a lot of customization you can do in terms of playstyle, weapons, etc. It's also an incredibly well optimized game and I've only seem one very very minor frame hiccup in 16 or so hours of playing, otherwise it's running amazingly smooth. Definitely recommended for those looking to scratch that Fromsoft itch.

« Reply #3184 on: September 30, 2023, 06:33:08 PM »
wasn't life of pi a movie?
Welcome to the Forums!