Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 177156 times)

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #1925 on: July 14, 2022, 10:38:29 AM »
Debating whether or not to play The Last Of Us Pt. I again once the remake comes out. On the one hand, it looks great, but on the other hand, I've already played it three times. I'm actually feeling more of a pull towards Pt. II because I haven't played it since launch. Maybe I just need to play both! :biggrin:
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1926 on: July 14, 2022, 02:20:20 PM »
Looking forward the RE4 remake for PS5! :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1927 on: July 14, 2022, 02:22:59 PM »
Been playing the new PUBG map Deston on the test servers the last week.  It's live in the main game now so I'll be checking out the official new map, but it's been pretty fun to jump back into this game after many years.  However, it's SO difficult to play now.  It is rewarding though to win a gun fight.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1928 on: July 14, 2022, 03:25:51 PM »
What controller do people use for PC gaming? Anything other than Xbox controller?
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1929 on: July 14, 2022, 04:04:01 PM »
What controller do people use for PC gaming? Anything other than Xbox controller?

I use a Steam Controller.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #1930 on: July 14, 2022, 07:24:46 PM »

If I'm using a controller to play PC games (which is more often than not), I use a PS4 controller.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1931 on: July 14, 2022, 07:36:55 PM »
I currently use a Switch Pro Controller, since I already had that and a Switch.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1932 on: July 14, 2022, 08:52:01 PM »
Debating whether or not to play The Last Of Us Pt. I again once the remake comes out. On the one hand, it looks great, but on the other hand, I've already played it three times. I'm actually feeling more of a pull towards Pt. II because I haven't played it since launch. Maybe I just need to play both! :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to playing it, I've never played the first (or second) game.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1933 on: July 14, 2022, 10:15:03 PM »
Depends what I'm playing, but I have an Xbox controller, a wheel and pedals, a HoTaS, and a flight yoke. I switch between them all. Although 90% of the time I'm using mouse and keyboard...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1934 on: July 15, 2022, 08:41:06 AM »
Wow!  Really impressed with the new and improved PS Plus format.  Sony is the shit!  :hefdaddy
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1935 on: July 15, 2022, 09:41:47 AM »
I have my new Xbox elite controller, it's beautiful and has all the cool features I wanted... but I haven't even used it yet  :lol

Been playing the new PUBG map Deston on the test servers the last week.  It's live in the main game now so I'll be checking out the official new map, but it's been pretty fun to jump back into this game after many years.  However, it's SO difficult to play now.  It is rewarding though to win a gun fight.

Got my first PUBG win in 3.5 years last night! I was so happy as I had mentioned, the game is very rewarding when you do get some kills https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1547967746536722432

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1936 on: July 15, 2022, 09:58:22 AM »
I wouldn't use it either Cram.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1937 on: July 15, 2022, 10:02:07 AM »
I wouldn't use it either Cram.  :lol

why not?

I just haven't been playing much COD lately nor any other game that would be better for controller at the moment.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1938 on: July 15, 2022, 10:22:34 AM »
I don't own anything related to Microsoft in any way, shape or form.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1939 on: July 15, 2022, 10:51:19 AM »
lol ok

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1940 on: July 15, 2022, 04:26:49 PM »
This is an odd statement, considering they've been the most consumer friendly big gaming company for the last 5-10 years. :dunno:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1941 on: July 15, 2022, 08:31:08 PM »
I have my new Xbox elite controller, it's beautiful and has all the cool features I wanted... but I haven't even used it yet  :lol

Got my first PUBG win in 3.5 years last night! I was so happy as I had mentioned, the game is very rewarding when you do get some kills https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1547967746536722432

I saw you popped up as playing it on steam, what's the community like in pubg these days?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1942 on: July 16, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
Surprisingly still pretty active. Like 100k concurrent players unlike Battlefield. Most people I randomly played with have mics too so communication is good (and often can be hularious). The game is just so hard to pick up and be competitive in though.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1943 on: July 16, 2022, 12:35:02 PM »

If I'm using a controller to play PC games (which is more often than not), I use a PS4 controller.

I ended up going with this since I have a PS4 already. Last time I tried using it the drivers were a bit funky, but looks like Steam has integrated support for the PS4 controller natively now! :) Tested it by getting my arse kicked by DS3.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1944 on: July 16, 2022, 02:01:25 PM »
Surprisingly still pretty active. Like 100k concurrent players unlike Battlefield. Most people I randomly played with have mics too so communication is good (and often can be hularious). The game is just so hard to pick up and be competitive in though.

I'm in the video game doldrums so I'll download it and play some tonight.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1945 on: July 16, 2022, 03:15:37 PM »

I'm in the video game doldrums so I'll download it and play some tonight.

Wouldn't be surprised if you uninstall quickly lol its just a grueling experience. I'll be on tomorrow if you wanted to play though. It's best when played with friends so even if you get wiped easily it can still be fun.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1946 on: July 18, 2022, 08:53:55 AM »
This is an odd statement, considering they've been the most consumer friendly big gaming company for the last 5-10 years. :dunno:

:umno:   You forgot about quality products from Sony and Apple.  Not interested in consumer friendly junk.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #1947 on: July 18, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »

I'm looking forward to playing it, I've never played the first (or second) game.

You're in for a real treat. I wouldn't describe either game as fun (especially the second one) but I appreciate them for their ambition and vision. By design, few video games are thought provoking, but both of these games are. I feel like Pt. 1 is trying to be a better movie than most movies whereas Pt. 2 uniquely leverages the video game medium to completely mess with your emotions. It's quite the journey and I'm curious to see whether we get a Pt. 3. :lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1948 on: July 18, 2022, 01:23:52 PM »
I really enjoyed 1 but I just don't have the energy to play a game as relentlessly bleak as 2 at this stage of my life.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1949 on: July 18, 2022, 01:29:36 PM »
The Lego games on the switch were on sale so I scooped up Lego Marvels 2 for some co-op play over the weekend with my girlfriend.  I tried a Lego game once before and found it fairly grueling and well, this one is the same to no surprise. 

I think I'm going to buy Super Mario Odyssey for the switch for my travel next week

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1950 on: July 18, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
The Lego games on the switch were on sale so I scooped up Lego Marvels 2 for some co-op play over the weekend with my girlfriend.  I tried a Lego game once before and found it fairly grueling and well, this one is the same to no surprise. 

I think I'm going to buy Super Mario Odyssey for the switch for my travel next week

I love the Lego games.  They can be greulling (if by "greulling" you mean that some of the tasks at the end of the game get repetitious and maybe even a little monotonous).   I'm sort of a Trophy whore, so I always play them to 100%, so about 70% of the way in (more or less) I'm doing rote things.  But I still find joy in them.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1951 on: July 18, 2022, 02:04:30 PM »

I love the Lego games.  They can be greulling (if by "greulling" you mean that some of the tasks at the end of the game get repetitious and maybe even a little monotonous).   I'm sort of a Trophy whore, so I always play them to 100%, so about 70% of the way in (more or less) I'm doing rote things.  But I still find joy in them.

Grueling as in just long and a bit monotonous without very clear instructions. Maybe that's just because we jumped into a mid series game and mechanics/gameplay are just expected to be known at this point. I had to pull out a walkthrough a couple times we were both stuck. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1952 on: July 18, 2022, 02:07:21 PM »

Grueling as in just long and a bit monotonous without very clear instructions. Maybe that's just because we jumped into a mid series game and mechanics/gameplay are just expected to be known at this point. I had to pull out a walkthrough a couple times we were both stuck.

Yeah; I think it's like any franchise.  After you play a few games there are only so many new ways of doing the same old tricks.   The races in particular are like this.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1953 on: July 18, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »
It was $7 so I can't really complain.  We may play another level tonight after dinner.  She loves all the Marvel characters.  I couldn't care, but it's just fun to game together. 

We tried playing Kirby in co-op together and it just wasn't fun.  So we tried something else.  I think one of the Mario's is also 2 player co-op so maybe we will try that at some point. 

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1954 on: July 19, 2022, 08:58:15 AM »
It was $7 so I can't really complain.  We may play another level tonight after dinner.  She loves all the Marvel characters.  I couldn't care, but it's just fun to game together. 

We tried playing Kirby in co-op together and it just wasn't fun.  So we tried something else.  I think one of the Mario's is also 2 player co-op so maybe we will try that at some point.

Have you checked out Unravel Two? It seems to be really well received and is considered to be one of the Switch's best co-op games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOIn34q_oT8

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1955 on: July 19, 2022, 09:04:16 AM »

Have you checked out Unravel Two? It seems to be really well received and is considered to be one of the Switch's best co-op games.

I never heard of it until now.  Looks interesting.  Id have to see if she is interested, I think she would like the artistic direction.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1956 on: July 19, 2022, 09:20:51 AM »

I never heard of it until now.  Looks interesting.  Id have to see if she is interested, I think she would like the artistic direction.

It takes two seems like the ultimate partner game to me.

And no joke/meme, if one of you has a PS4 I personally (and the friend I played it with) regard Knack 2 as one of the best couch coöp games ever made. Some annoying main characters in the plot, but other than that it is a great adventure full of nice coöp mechanics and varying gameplay.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1957 on: July 22, 2022, 08:29:36 AM »
Pre-ordered GoW: Ragnarok launch date 11/9.  :2metal:

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1958 on: July 22, 2022, 08:03:13 PM »
Played through the horribly named The Room. A fun puzzler of the type I am a sucker for.

Currently few hours in to Metroid Dread. I never owned Metroid on the NES or Super Metroid on the SNES, though I had friends who did so I was familiar with them. I never owned a handheld console so never played those games. My first true experience with Metroid was Prime, and I loved that series. I've since played Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion. To make a short story long, while I've been Team Nintendo since the late 80s, Metroid hasn't been a franchise I have had much attachment to, like Mario or Zelda.

All that being said, I had no real expectations with this game, and I must say it is highly entertaining game. Amazing controls, exciting boss fights, brilliant aesthetics.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1959 on: July 22, 2022, 08:53:12 PM »

You're in for a real treat. I wouldn't describe either game as fun (especially the second one) but I appreciate them for their ambition and vision. By design, few video games are thought provoking, but both of these games are. I feel like Pt. 1 is trying to be a better movie than most movies whereas Pt. 2 uniquely leverages the video game medium to completely mess with your emotions. It's quite the journey and I'm curious to see whether we get a Pt. 3. :lol

I'm really excited for it, I dusted off the PS3 to play it but it died about 10 minutes into gameplay.