Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 172132 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #1715 on: April 26, 2022, 08:06:07 PM »
I had little to no issues with Elden Ring on PC. I had some stuttering at the beginning but all I had a do was turn off some Microsoft .NET feature that throttles certain things and it ran very smooth for nearly all of the game. I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1716 on: April 26, 2022, 08:07:20 PM »
I had little to no issues with Elden Ring on PC. I had some stuttering at the beginning but all I had a do was turn off some Microsoft .NET feature that throttles certain things and it ran very smooth for nearly all of the game. I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

I'll look into that.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1718 on: April 26, 2022, 08:16:51 PM »
Here is the thing I had to disable:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/t0slvv/fix_that_worked_on_pc_for_me_if_you_have_micro/

Thanks, mang. I really appreciate. I found the thing on my computer. I'll bookmark that thread for later.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1719 on: April 27, 2022, 05:15:02 AM »
Right now I am in the sad state of being game-less. Shit tons of games in my Steam & GOG libraries and I don't want to play any of them  :huh:

This is me right now. Anytime I finish a game I'm really invested in (inscryption being the last) I kinda drift trying to find something else to connect to. I've been filling my time playing a bunch of Smite and Halo.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1720 on: April 27, 2022, 07:13:16 AM »
I always have like 3 or 4 games in the queue depending on what I feel like playing.  Sometimes I'll go a whole day without playing anything.  That happens every so often.  There's never a shortage of games to play at any given time.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1721 on: April 27, 2022, 07:57:08 AM »
There's never a shortage of games to play at any given time.

While this is true

Right now I am in the sad state of being game-less. Shit tons of games in my Steam & GOG libraries and I don't want to play any of them  :huh:

This is me right now. Anytime I finish a game I'm really invested in (inscryption being the last) I kinda drift trying to find something else to connect to. I've been filling my time playing a bunch of Smite and Halo.

I've had this mental type situation happen to me quite a bit when finishing a very good and long played game (like an Elden Ring).

New Call of Duty season 3 today! Here's my video of a Rebirth win from season 2, one of my best games in awhile with 15 kills and the game winner after my teammate sacrificed himself to bring me back.  Plus I even called it before the game started that we were going to win and I was going to carry the team  :lol that's some confidence right there and it's all because I finished 2nd in a solo game right before it and was legit feeling good with the game that moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56weOg_tOkY

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1722 on: April 27, 2022, 08:03:36 AM »

The Master Chief Collection would be my main game(s) right now but I really hate the aim assist and I hate even more that it can't be disabled when playing with a gamepad. I have a Steam Controller with glorious gyro. I don't need aim assist  >:(

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1723 on: April 27, 2022, 08:12:41 AM »
Off topic but I need to set up my steam controller so I can try and use it with Forza.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1724 on: April 27, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »

The Master Chief Collection would be my main game(s) right now but I really hate the aim assist and I hate even more that it can't be disabled when playing with a gamepad. I have a Steam Controller with glorious gyro. I don't need aim assist  >:(

OOC, the aim assist makes it too easy then? 

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1725 on: April 27, 2022, 08:42:16 AM »

OOC, the aim assist makes it too easy then?

I'm not sure if it's too easy. I just don't like not having completely control over my aiming. I really prefer using my Steam Controller but I might switch to mouse and keyboard.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1726 on: April 27, 2022, 09:06:50 AM »
I only ask because the aim assist debate is big in COD and I've never tried playing controller to see how it works.  I've been debating about trying, most of the best COD players use controller because of aim assist.

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1727 on: April 27, 2022, 09:18:38 AM »
I only ask because the aim assist debate is big in COD and I've never tried playing controller to see how it works.  I've been debating about trying, most of the best COD players use controller because of aim assist.

I think it should be an option for controllers that don't have gyro aim or for those players who dislike gyro aiming.

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1728 on: April 30, 2022, 02:15:01 PM »
I got Dying Light 2 a few days ago when it was updated. No major bugs so far. It's all right. Nothing really special about it. I am a bit of a sucker for openworld games so hopefully this will take up much of my time.

I haven't played through the first games since it came out so I can't make any good comparisons. One thing that does suck right off the bat is that there does not seem to be a way to repair weapons in Dying Light 2. Why? I know not.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1729 on: April 30, 2022, 07:24:36 PM »
I'm 100 hours into the Witcher 3 and I'm still not past act I.

Help.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1730 on: May 01, 2022, 06:54:58 AM »
I took my time with Witcher 3 but how? :lol It took me 60 hours to finish the base game.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1731 on: May 02, 2022, 10:05:30 AM »
So, Elden Ring is still in rotation but on pause for the moment.  Getting caught up on new Destiny 2 expansion The Witch Queen.  This is probably my all time favorite FPS. :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1732 on: May 02, 2022, 10:47:11 AM »
I took my time with Witcher 3 but how? :lol It took me 60 hours to finish the base game.

I actually listen to all the dialogue. That might also reflect "time game was open" rather than spent actively playing, but I don't think I have left it running for long periods without playing it.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1733 on: May 02, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »
Square Enix just sold off Crystal Dynamics and Eidos, AND all their IP (Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief) for 300 million so they can instead focus on cryptocurrency.

On the one hand: new Deus Ex just became WAY more likely so YAY.
On the other hand: what the fuck are Square Enix smoking.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1734 on: May 03, 2022, 05:04:03 AM »
Square Enix just sold off Crystal Dynamics and Eidos, AND all their IP (Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief) for 300 million so they can instead focus on cryptocurrency.

On the one hand: new Deus Ex just became WAY more likely so YAY.
On the other hand: what the fuck are Square Enix smoking.

Square Enix always baffles me with their decisions. 300 million for the Western studios and ip's seems like a very good deal for the company that bought them. The remaster/remake/collection potential alone is already great. I fully expect these ip's to make a return in some form now, including older ones. So also Legacy of Kain and Thief.

I wish Square good luck with their crypto scams, but I doubt they will succeed, I most certainly will not spend any penny on that shit. I fully expect Square to be bought in the future.

That said, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal have been quite middling studios for a while now. I have said it before in this thread, but I thought Shadow of the Tomb Raider was dogshit and The Avengers does not look like something I want to try out, despite my love of the MCU and superhero games. Though supposedly Guardians of the Galaxy was a good game. I hope their new owners can bounce them back around to the Tomb raider 013 and Deus Ex HR/MD days.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 05:12:09 AM by ErHaO »

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1735 on: May 03, 2022, 10:54:38 AM »
Guardians was pretty good from what I've seen/read, but was tainted by association with Avengers, which was a dumpster fire of a game. True that neither studio put out a real smash hit in a while, but I would not be surprised if Square Enix had a decent amount of responsibility in that.

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1736 on: May 03, 2022, 06:41:20 PM »
...I thought Shadow of the Tomb Raider was dogshit...

I don't know exactly what it was about that game but I didn't finish it. I didn't even get very far. I just kind of lost interest. I really enjoyed & finished the two previous games. I didn't play them back to back so it wasn't like I was burnt out on that series by the time I started the last one  ???
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 09:36:54 PM by Herrick »

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1737 on: May 03, 2022, 08:22:07 PM »
Just finished Outer Wilds. Not totally sure how I feel about the ending yet, but overall I thought the game was amazing. Great music and atmosphere, and the way you're pretty much completely self directed in how you discover stuff makes it feel really rewarding.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1738 on: May 04, 2022, 03:56:10 AM »
Just finished Outer Wilds. Not totally sure how I feel about the ending yet, but overall I thought the game was amazing. Great music and atmosphere, and the way you're pretty much completely self directed in how you discover stuff makes it feel really rewarding.

Absolutely love that game. One of my favourites ever :heart
Did you do the DLC as well? That's a nice experience in itself too,
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1739 on: May 04, 2022, 04:25:51 AM »

I don't know exactly what it was about that game but I didn't finish it. I didn't even get very far. I just kind of lost interest. I really enjoyed & finished the two previous games. I didn't play them back to back so it wasn't like I was burnt out on that series by the time I started the last one  ???

You putting words in my mouth, boi? :P

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1740 on: May 04, 2022, 05:33:35 AM »

I may need to give this another shot but I played for about 3 hours and got bored very quickly. That being said I could tell the appeal and it generally seems like something I would enjoy so maybe it wasn't the right time for it. Floating in space and turning around just in time to see the sun explode was a really cool moment I remember.

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1741 on: May 04, 2022, 06:29:05 AM »

LoL I tried to edit it but I couldn't figure out why it quoted like that.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1742 on: May 04, 2022, 01:51:57 PM »
This is "Ravenholm" - The Cancelled Half-Life Game from Arkane Studios

Really interesting video and also a great channel.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1743 on: May 04, 2022, 04:32:24 PM »

No, I need to check to see if I even have the DLC. I downloaded the game after it came out, but I don't know if they started being one thing at that point or if I still have to get it separately.

I may need to give this another shot but I played for about 3 hours and got bored very quickly. That being said I could tell the appeal and it generally seems like something I would enjoy so maybe it wasn't the right time for it. Floating in space and turning around just in time to see the sun explode was a really cool moment I remember.

I think it's probably worth giving another try, it starts pulling you in after you've explored a bit and gotten the hang of how the game works.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1744 on: May 05, 2022, 03:17:01 AM »

Good opinion  ;D

The game tried much more to be cinematic, with almost twice as much cutscenes/slow linear story moments as before. But with worse writing and an overall very serious tone. And the game rarely uses it's gameplay mechanics. Almost all combat arenas are near-flat and small, with a small amount of the same enemies attacking you. I am confused as to how devoid the game is of large vertical combat arenas where you can/need to use all your abilities, the two games before it had a lot of that. Puzzles are mostly simple but slow to perform, and there are a lot of them.

Graphics are amazing though, on all fronts.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1745 on: May 05, 2022, 08:03:25 AM »

No, I need to check to see if I even have the DLC. I downloaded the game after it came out, but I don't know if they started being one thing at that point or if I still have to get it separately.

It's called Echoes of the Eye and it's almost a completely new game within the game itself. You'll need to get it separately if you didn't get it. It's definitely worth playing if you enjoyed the base game.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1746 on: May 05, 2022, 12:02:02 PM »
I just got an email that I can now order the Steam Deck. I'm torn if I'll actually use it though. I think I'll order it and if I don't like it/use it I'll sell it.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1747 on: May 05, 2022, 12:42:25 PM »
I just got an email that I can now order the Steam Deck. I'm torn if I'll actually use it though. I think I'll order it and if I don't like it/use it I'll sell it.

Nice, curious did you place the preorder when it first opened?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1748 on: May 05, 2022, 12:48:39 PM »
Yea same day, I think it was within an hour of preorders opening.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1749 on: May 05, 2022, 12:59:25 PM »
Ok cool, mine is slated for the June - Sept window.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan