Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 160926 times)

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #490 on: December 26, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »
Has anyone played the main quest in Cyberpunk 2077 called "Gimme Danger"? Fear Not. No Spoilers. I'm experiencing a bug that makes this mission a fucking stroll in the park. Wondering if anyone else has this same bug.

I completed that mission last week, and from what I recall, I didn't experience any notable bugs. Curious to hear what happened to you. :lol

One of the options to get into the warehouse is to use one of the trucks. After I used a truck to get in, all Arasaka enemies became friendlies. I was sneaking around at first but then noticed I couldn't tag any enemies. They were all showing up green when I scanned them. I just walked in, did what I had to do and walked out.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #491 on: December 26, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
Has anyone played the main quest in Cyberpunk 2077 called "Gimme Danger"? Fear Not. No Spoilers. I'm experiencing a bug that makes this mission a fucking stroll in the park. Wondering if anyone else has this same bug.

I completed that mission last week, and from what I recall, I didn't experience any notable bugs. Curious to hear what happened to you. :lol

One of the options to get into the warehouse is to use one of the trucks. After I used a truck to get in, all Arasaka enemies became friendlies. I was sneaking around at first but then noticed I couldn't tag any enemies. They were all showing up green when I scanned them. I just walked in, did what I had to do and walked out.
Is that the warehouse with the mech?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #492 on: December 26, 2020, 09:01:06 PM »

I didn't see a mech when I was there. It's the mission before the big parade mission.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #493 on: December 27, 2020, 03:38:08 AM »

I didn't see a mech when I was there. It's the mission before the big parade mission.
Ah ok, the names of every mission is a blurr for me.  :)
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #494 on: December 27, 2020, 07:59:08 AM »

Ah ok, the names of every mission is a blurr for me.  :)

Same here!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #495 on: December 28, 2020, 12:23:36 AM »
I am playing Steamworld dig, nice little indie. Supposedly it's sequel is better, but the original is an addictive game.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201224005214/en/EQUITY-ALERT-Rosen-Law-Firm-Files-Securities-Class-Action-Lawsuit-Against-CD-Projekt-S.A.-%E2%80%93-OTGLY-OTGLF

I just feel there's so much salt about this.

I don't know the full picture of course but if I had a guess it's usually something this:

1. A dev studio take their time with their game because they want to make the best game possible
2. Hype is building and investors gets anxious
3. Dev studio announces release date
4. Inverstors gets hyped
5. The game is delayed
6. Investors moan but understands kinda
7. The game is delayed again
8. Investors are sad and wants answers
9. Dev company releases statment: The game is done when it's done.
10. Investors nods oki but grumbles, hype continues
11. Game is delayed again
12. Investors cry and DEMAND answers, they want their investment and don't trust the studio anymore
13. The studio feels the pressure
14. They finally release the game and kinda hope for the best
15. The launch is a disaster, especially for one demographic of investors
16. Investors are furious and DEMAND refunds
17. Investors collectively sues the dev company because they released an unfinished product.
18. The dev studio whispers in silent: We told you so

I don't know, I just feel that's kinda what happens more and more these days. It's a neverending story.

There is a distinction between CDprojekt as a company and CDprojekt the development team. The claim is that the company mislead it's shareholders (and consumers), which is based on several of their remarks.

For example, in January this year CDprojekt stated that the game was complete and playable, which according to sources (aka devs) was a straight up lie (see recent Bloomberg article).
There's probably alot of things we don't know about. Did they specifically said that it was playable on all systems? I can't access that article.

That statement seems to be about the game in general. CDprojekt has been painting a picture of a game finished but in the polishing phase, while the reality seems to be they barely scrambled by. But many of these things are being uncoved by journalists with sources and all, so whether shareholders will have proof or an actual basis for a lawsuit, I don't know.

And it is relevant to state that the heads of CDprojekt are shareholders as well, so they stood to have gained a lot by pushing the game along for "lockdown december" too.

Anyways, the game thankfully sold a lot regardless, which means they have the ability to give the product great support and major expansions in the future.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #496 on: December 28, 2020, 06:26:25 AM »
I am playing Steamworld dig, nice little indie. Supposedly it's sequel is better, but the original is an addictive game.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201224005214/en/EQUITY-ALERT-Rosen-Law-Firm-Files-Securities-Class-Action-Lawsuit-Against-CD-Projekt-S.A.-%E2%80%93-OTGLY-OTGLF

I just feel there's so much salt about this.

I don't know the full picture of course but if I had a guess it's usually something this:

1. A dev studio take their time with their game because they want to make the best game possible
2. Hype is building and investors gets anxious
3. Dev studio announces release date
4. Inverstors gets hyped
5. The game is delayed
6. Investors moan but understands kinda
7. The game is delayed again
8. Investors are sad and wants answers
9. Dev company releases statment: The game is done when it's done.
10. Investors nods oki but grumbles, hype continues
11. Game is delayed again
12. Investors cry and DEMAND answers, they want their investment and don't trust the studio anymore
13. The studio feels the pressure
14. They finally release the game and kinda hope for the best
15. The launch is a disaster, especially for one demographic of investors
16. Investors are furious and DEMAND refunds
17. Investors collectively sues the dev company because they released an unfinished product.
18. The dev studio whispers in silent: We told you so

I don't know, I just feel that's kinda what happens more and more these days. It's a neverending story.

There is a distinction between CDprojekt as a company and CDprojekt the development team. The claim is that the company mislead it's shareholders (and consumers), which is based on several of their remarks.

For example, in January this year CDprojekt stated that the game was complete and playable, which according to sources (aka devs) was a straight up lie (see recent Bloomberg article).
There's probably alot of things we don't know about. Did they specifically said that it was playable on all systems? I can't access that article.

That statement seems to be about the game in general. CDprojekt has been painting a picture of a game finished but in the polishing phase, while the reality seems to be they barely scrambled by. But many of these things are being uncoved by journalists with sources and all, so whether shareholders will have proof or an actual basis for a lawsuit, I don't know.

And it is relevant to state that the heads of CDprojekt are shareholders as well, so they stood to have gained a lot by pushing the game along for "lockdown december" too.

Anyways, the game thankfully sold a lot regardless, which means they have the ability to give the product great support and major expansions in the future.
Yea, time will tell how this will resolve.

On another topic: Whenever I feel the urge for being in the wilderness and surving in nature there's basically only one game as far as I know and that's The Long Dark. Been getting into it again and it's such an unforgiving game that will bit you hard if you don't take it easy and take care of yourself. I don't think i've played another game with so immersive weather effects. When there's a blizzard you can almost feel the cold.

I tried to climb up a mountain today but had to abort midway since I had to much weight (gear and clothes) which almost made me fall. So I backtracked to my cabin that I found a couple of days ago. On my way home I got moulded by a moose and sustained 2 broken ribs so now I have to rest for 5 days. I shall climb that mountain someday.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #497 on: December 28, 2020, 10:53:04 AM »
I have not played The Long Dark in a few years. I was waiting for the story to be finished.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #498 on: December 28, 2020, 10:58:41 AM »
I have not played The Long Dark in a few years. I was waiting for the story to be finished.
That's cool but you'll have to wait a few more years I think, it's an incredible small studio with slow production. 2 more episodes are left out of 5. I play the survival mode, they been tweakin and added alot of content to that part over the years and I keep coming back to it.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2020, 11:45:14 AM »
It has been on my list as well, but I only buy finished titles (to some extent), so I have been waiting for them to finish that as well. Is the game successful enough to the point it is likely they'll be able to finish it?

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »
That's cool but you'll have to wait a few more years I think, it's an incredible small studio with slow production. 2 more episodes are left out of 5. I play the survival mode, they been tweakin and added alot of content to that part over the years and I keep coming back to it.

Have you ever played Green Hell?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #501 on: December 28, 2020, 02:06:25 PM »

Yes that's another good one, I like the survival mechanic in that game. I played a bit of coop too. Right now i'm more into surviving in winter biome like in TLD. I generally like that the game is about you and nature and nothing else.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #502 on: December 28, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »

Yes that's another good one, I like the survival mechanic in that game. I played a bit of coop too. Right now i'm more into surviving in winter biome like in TLD. I generally like that the game is about you and nature and nothing else.

I died very quickly in Green Hell and quit. I'd like to try it again one day. But yeah, I think I liked The Long Dark's setting more.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #503 on: December 29, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »

Yup, just completed this one today and I don't even recall seeing this option, did you do the surveillance before going in because that would have spotted the mech? I'm not sure this is a bug, but maybe an option based on your choices and abilities.

I still get hilarious bugs though, including this guy peeing everywhere

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2020, 07:27:37 PM »

I died very quickly in Green Hell and quit. I'd like to try it again one day. But yeah, I think I liked The Long Dark's setting more.
During the healing period from my broken ribs I was hunting some deer and when I was carving the meat I was brutally mauled by a bear. This game will test your patience like no other game but I love that.  :lol

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2020, 09:53:51 PM »

Yup, just completed this one today and I don't even recall seeing this option, did you do the surveillance before going in because that would have spotted the mech? I'm not sure this is a bug, but maybe an option based on your choices and abilities.

I did the surveillance with Takemura. I thought I spotted everything. That's how I got the option to use the truck to get into the warehouse. I think V says there's nothing more to find even though you can scan more stuff, so I could've missed the mech.

I think you're right about this not being a bug. I just read a walkthrough which said using the truck allows you go get in with no problems. I just thought it was weird that you could walk around with whatever weird clothes you're wearing...but this aint Hitman.

https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-gimme-danger-guide-infiltration-options-best-approach/

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #506 on: December 30, 2020, 06:30:27 AM »

I did the surveillance with Takemura. I thought I spotted everything. That's how I got the option to use the truck to get into the warehouse. I think V says there's nothing more to find even though you can scan more stuff, so I could've missed the mech.

I think you're right about this not being a bug. I just read a walkthrough which said using the truck allows you go get in with no problems. I just thought it was weird that you could walk around with whatever weird clothes you're wearing...but this aint Hitman.

https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-gimme-danger-guide-infiltration-options-best-approach/
I also got in using the truck but I couldn't move freely though without getting spotted so that's interesting. However maybe it's how you obtain the truck. I just walked infront of the truck and caped his ass publicly, not the most stealthy way.  :lol I was thinking if you use the drivers clothes maybe that's one way to not get spotted.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: December 30, 2020, 07:48:14 AM »
 :lol so I completely missed the truck and you missed the mech. Funny. The mission was pretty cool, I think it would be more enjoyable to sneak in than take such an easy way. Actually took awhile to figure out how to get into the float to hack it, but that struggle is all part of the game IMO.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #508 on: December 30, 2020, 10:09:24 AM »
I also got in using the truck but I couldn't move freely though without getting spotted so that's interesting. However maybe it's how you obtain the truck. I just walked infront of the truck and caped his ass publicly, not the most stealthy way.  :lol I was thinking if you use the drivers clothes maybe that's one way to not get spotted.

I didn't kill the driver. I think it's even more strange that I was able to walk around the warehouse freely leaving the driver alive   ???

:lol so I completely missed the truck and you missed the mech. Funny. The mission was pretty cool, I think it would be more enjoyable to sneak in than take such an easy way. Actually took awhile to figure out how to get into the float to hack it, but that struggle is all part of the game IMO.

Yeah, mang. I was looking forward to sneaking in. At that point in the game, I was much better at stealth.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #509 on: December 30, 2020, 04:31:57 PM »
I streamed for a bit today and of course the first time a few friends are actually watching and chatting about the game, I have two game breaking bugs which probably left a bad taste in their mouths  :lol There were a handful of hilarious bugs, but having to actually restart the game a couple times on stream was pretty shitty. One of them was just a black screen during a race and the audio stayed but the game was just black.  Another one was I couldn't deal or take damage.  Never experienced that before, but it was a bit odd when a fight just wouldn't end before I realized why, then tested it on another side mission to confirm it was overall, not mission related.  Restarting the game fixed both issues.

• DTF.org Member

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #512 on: December 31, 2020, 07:19:19 AM »
I streamed for a bit today and of course the first time a few friends are actually watching and chatting about the game, I have two game breaking bugs which probably left a bad taste in their mouths  :lol There were a handful of hilarious bugs, but having to actually restart the game a couple times on stream was pretty shitty. One of them was just a black screen during a race and the audio stayed but the game was just black.  Another one was I couldn't deal or take damage.  Never experienced that before, but it was a bit odd when a fight just wouldn't end before I realized why, then tested it on another side mission to confirm it was overall, not mission related.  Restarting the game fixed both issues.

The one persistent bug I get is when I drive on a bike under an over pass my character will go into the t-pose for a second, when he does he is always pantless :Lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »
Yea, thats a very common bug and funny.

I've got no new years plans, wouldn't be surprised if I played the game for 8 hours today  :lol I'm really delaying the main story at this point just to do as much side missions as possible. I played a really fun one yesterday so its really a hit or miss between getting a solid side mission with story vs just taking out a building of enemies. Either way, i get the XP and V grows stronger.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2020, 08:48:47 AM »
That's my plan today too, weather is shit and we aren't meeting with anyone. I've been doing 80% side missions as of now and peppering in main story quests.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2020, 10:15:06 AM »
I haven't gotten the no  pants bug yet. The bugs I get the most are V sliding around on the ground and the screwed up aiming when trying to pick up an item.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2021, 12:53:56 PM »
I just finished the game! Some non-spoiler thoughts:

- Great characters and a very compelling story. Most of your friends feel real and some of them even start to feel like family. The ultimate test of a story-driven video game is whether I feel bittersweet at the end, not necessarily because of the story but just because I'm going to miss it. I definitely feel that way now.

- The game generally ran well on my Xbox One X, but I ended up running into a bunch of glitches during the final quest. My V was running around without shoes, there were black boxes on screen, NPCs were teleporting everywhere, and the game almost crashed when it was loading the credits. Still, the overall experience was fine, and I just feel really bad for anyone with a base PS4 or Xbox One.

- Between Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, I feel as though CD Projekt Red are the best in the business when it comes to implementing compelling, interesting endings in games with branching story paths. I haven't looked up all the endings, but I think that their general approach was very clever. One minor criticism I will make is that Cyberpunk's endings have more of a "slot machine" vibe than Witcher 3. I felt like one of the endings I got was interesting, but also didn't follow all that logically from the decisions I made.

- This is very much a personal preference kind of thing, but I feel as though the sheer volume of content that the game throws at you ends up working against it at times. There was one stretch where I decided to clear out my crowded quest log, and by the time I returned to the main quest, I realized that I had completely forgotten what was even happening when I left off. On the one hand, this is my fault for indulging myself too long. On the other hand, the game seems to actively de-emphasize its strengths (characters and story) with all the busy work it throws at you (gigs, NCPD, rides).

- When they finish ironing out the bugs and adding an additional 5-10 hours of DLC expansions, this is going to be one hell of a game. It will never fully escape its reputation from launch, but I can envision a scenario where people look back and rank it among the best games of the generation. As of now, I'd probably rank it solidly in the "A" tier. I'm super impressed with it, and very jealous of people who had a chance to experience it on a high-end PC.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2021, 12:57:56 PM »
- When they finish ironing out the bugs and adding an additional 5-10 hours of DLC expansions, this is going to be one hell of a game.
5-10 hours?  :lol This is CDPR we are talking about. The developer that made an Expansion (Blood & Wine) that's longer than most story-driven RPGs.

On the other hand. Who knows if we will even get single player expansions. The rumours are they will do an online component similar to GTA Online or Red Dead Online.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2021, 01:27:10 PM »
- Between Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, I feel as though CD Projekt Red are the best in the business when it comes to implementing compelling, interesting endings in games with branching story paths. I haven't looked up all the endings, but I think that their general approach was very clever. One minor criticism I will make is that Cyberpunk's endings have more of a "slot machine" vibe than Witcher 3. I felt like one of the endings I got was interesting, but also didn't follow all that logically from the decisions I made.

- This is very much a personal preference kind of thing, but I feel as though the sheer volume of content that the game throws at you ends up working against it at times. There was one stretch where I decided to clear out my crowded quest log, and by the time I returned to the main quest, I realized that I had completely forgotten what was even happening when I left off. On the one hand, this is my fault for indulging myself too long. On the other hand, the game seems to actively de-emphasize its strengths (characters and story) with all the busy work it throws at you (gigs, NCPD, rides).

That's disappointing to hear about the slot machine endings. I'm at the point of no return but there are a lot of side missions I want to do first. Plus I heard if you don't do certain side missions, you won't get the best ending. But I think I already ruined my chances at that ending.

Good point about the quantity of side missions. Oddly for me, I was still able to follow the story despite taking long breaks from it in order to do side missions. I do think it's kind of silly that you can run around "wasting" time on all these other quests when you're on a death clock.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: January 01, 2021, 01:32:22 PM »
- Great characters and a very compelling story. Most of your friends feel real and some of them even start to feel like family. The ultimate test of a story-driven video game is whether I feel bittersweet at the end, not necessarily because of the story but just because I'm going to miss it. I definitely feel that way now.

Some of the support characters, and Johnny, are really well done. I'll also agree that the side quests have distracted me a bit from the main story and I kind of fall off track in the details.  Sometimes I don't want to have long dialogue scenes so I find myself doing NCPD and gigs to just "play the game" to get that sort of entertainment value and then when I go back to the main missions and lots of dialogue, it takes a bit for me to remember exactly where I left off.  I also don't like how "rides" are a thing. They aren't like real missions, just need to grind for money in the other side missions to buy the cars but what's the point?  I got a free Turbo-R V-tech and I don't see much need for these other cars to waste my money on other than to just to check it off my list of side gigs.

- When they finish ironing out the bugs and adding an additional 5-10 hours of DLC expansions, this is going to be one hell of a game.
5-10 hours?  :lol This is CDPR we are talking about. The developer that made an Expansion (Blood & Wine) that's longer than most story-driven RPGs.

On the other hand. Who knows if we will even get single player expansions. The rumours are they will do an online component similar to GTA Online or Red Dead Online.

An online version of this seems like they are asking for issues  :lol I mean, it could be amazing, but thinking of how bad Fallout 76 was (I never played, so basing on reviews) and how buggy this launch was, I feel like their online game might either be poor or not coming out anytime soon for me to really care about it right now.  Following FTA online isn't such a bad idea from a money perspective as long as it works. 

Anyway, beginning my stream.  Would really appreciate if folks could give me a follow on twitch (its free) to help me get to 50 which gets me to affiliate status. (Thanks Puppies for following some time ago).  www.twitch.tv/cramx3

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #520 on: January 01, 2021, 01:38:50 PM »
Cramx3, I feel the same way about the car "missions". I haven't bought one. Plus, cars handle like shit and I always ride Jackie's motorcycle anyway. Maybe the more expensive cars handle better?

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #521 on: January 01, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »

Yea, I'm not sure what their plans are. If they add DLC on par with Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine, it will go a long way towards restoring their reputation. Here's hoping!

That's disappointing to hear about the slot machine endings. I'm at the point of no return but there are a lot of side missions I want to do first. Plus I heard if you don't do certain side missions, you won't get the best ending. But I think I already ruined my chances at that ending.

Good point about the quantity of side missions. Oddly for me, I was still able to follow the story despite taking long breaks from it in order to do side missions. I do think it's kind of silly that you can run around "wasting" time on all these other quests when you're on a death clock.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the two endings I played were well done, and from what I've read, it seems like all of the endings have merit. I just felt as though one in particular was... Kind of random. Don't want to spoil anything.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #522 on: January 01, 2021, 07:32:52 PM »
Cramx3, I feel the same way about the car "missions". I haven't bought one. Plus, cars handle like shit and I always ride Jackie's motorcycle anyway. Maybe the more expensive cars handle better?
There's a free sports car you can find in a cave, I think it's one of the faster ones but I can't remember the name. It's a bit of a hassle to drive just because it's so fast. I haven't bought any car yet because i've been given so many through missions.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #523 on: January 01, 2021, 08:06:10 PM »
There's a free sports car you can find in a cave, I think it's one of the faster ones but I can't remember the name. It's a bit of a hassle to drive just because it's so fast. I haven't bought any car yet because i've been given so many through missions.

Me too. I also got the one Cramx3 mentioned. I've only used cars for the missions that require them. Thankfully, there aren't many that do.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #524 on: January 03, 2021, 01:45:46 PM »
I have some extra Steam keys for some games if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM if you want one of them. I'm just giving them away.

PC Building Simulator
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
Song of Horror

I also have probably a couple hundred more extra game keys too, but these are the most recent ones I have. Just PM me if there's something in particular you are looking for.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar