Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 165728 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2020, 05:21:06 PM »
What makes me wonder, if why even announce a date if things aren't close to being finished?  I wonder what the issues are, but all the push offs make me less interested in the game.  Also, the hype.  The hype is so ridiculous for this game that it makes me wonder if it's not going to reach it and all these delays are because they are trying to meet that hype.  Who knows, I definitely do want to play it though, just kind of thinking it may end up not being as good as we expect it to be

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2020, 05:26:51 PM »

Online faizoff

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2020, 07:07:44 PM »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2020, 02:29:49 AM »
From my little knowledge about game development I do know that it's a complicated business in alot of ways in terms of delivering a truly working product, since pretty much everyone is doing some form of early access these days and that's what everyone are used to today. Or they say it's a finished product and then patch the hell out of it for months after the initial release.

From what I can tell it seems CDPR is trying to avoid that as much as possible, atleast that's what I think is going on.

I honestly don't care that much since i've been waiting 8 years for this anyway.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2020, 06:57:02 AM »
What makes me wonder, if why even announce a date if things aren't close to being finished?  I wonder what the issues are, but all the push offs make me less interested in the game.  Also, the hype.  The hype is so ridiculous for this game that it makes me wonder if it's not going to reach it and all these delays are because they are trying to meet that hype.  Who knows, I definitely do want to play it though, just kind of thinking it may end up not being as good as we expect it to be

Read the article.  The reason for the delays is all in there.  I expect it will live up to the hype.  Tis' the season for delays.  NFS: Hot Pursuit remaster got pushed out another 10 days.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2020, 02:20:53 PM »
From what I've read - most of which has been dubious speculation on social media websites - it seems like current generation consoles and Stadia are the main blockers right now. Apparently, CDPR did a conference call today and everything runs smoothly on PC and next gen, but not current gen. At the end of the day, if the game is good, I think that people will get over these delays pretty quickly. Impossible to say for sure, but that's my best guess. I just feel really bad for all of the developers who have to crunch for an extra three weeks.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2020, 05:37:54 PM »
Hyrule Warriors demo is really fun.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2020, 03:27:47 AM »
Our court made the lootboxes in Fifa illegal. Our gambling authority is allowed to fine EA 250,000 euros per week if they maintain the business model up to a max of 10 million euros for EA and it's Swiss subsidiary combined. They were already illegal in Belgium, our neighbours, I hope the rest of Europe will follow.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2020, 04:39:38 AM »

AMD 6000 series might also be a good choice if the marketing numbers can be believed.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online faizoff

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2020, 06:33:54 AM »
If they're in stock. At this point, people will just buy whatever card is available.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2020, 08:42:55 AM »
I think a lot of people are iffy on the AMD cards until independent reviews can show they have solid driver support and the benchmarks are legit.  But yea, if they do have stock, that alone is going to sell cards, but if these cards are actually legit, they not only will sell, they will be huge for AMD.  I'm in a wait and see mode.

Online faizoff

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2020, 10:28:37 AM »
My personal take is that they'll be very close to what Nvidia is offering, and in those cases, the lower price will give AMD an advantage.

Also AMD are touting this new Smart Access Memory where if you have a Ryzen 5000 series CPU and a Radeon 6000 series GPU, there will be an additional boost to performance. Like you said it's still a wait and see situation.

The new 3070 cards are out today and just for kicks I tried to see if I could order one, Best Buy is not able to ship them to my area for some reason even though I can add it to the cart.

In any case I'm now sorta back into gaming with this new 4k monitor so I might be getting a new GPU sooner than later. Was planning on a 3080 but those have become the holy grail now.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2020, 10:31:35 AM »
One of my friends has so many alerts set up for when 3080s are on sale.  Apparently some were available yesterday and then got eaten up immediately  :lol but he was able to secure one for himself a few weeks ago thanks to his alert system.  I'm not that hardcore.  I don't need to upgrade yet so waiting for AMD's response seems like a good decision for me.  Let's see how this plays out.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2020, 05:06:25 PM »
Impressions of the Dualsense controller with Astrobot are very entousiastic. Apparently the haptic feedback and trigger resistance are great. As I am a rumble guy and love the Xbox One trigger rumble, I am looking forward to checking it out.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2020, 05:19:20 PM »
back in september I managed to grab a PS5 preorder on amazon in the short time they were available.  I got an email a few weeks back that I may not receive it on release day (duh) but I hope amazon gets enough units for the initial launch

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2020, 09:48:57 PM »
Yeah, I can't even begin to imagine the kinds of pressures that game devs have to endure.  Even if they want to work those extra hours, it takes a toll after a while.  It's good to know that CDPR is handling it better than some other companies.  That goes a long way and usually shows up in the final product.

I don't work in game development but I project manage software development for a large bank and one thing I've learned is there will always be crunch and always be delays. With a project as big as cyberpunk this isn't really surprising.

In my line of work we don't have publishers to answer but we do have regulators who set dates to meet various deadlines for compliance and we always miss them, 100% of the time despite the best collaborative efforts of the team.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
That's understandable because a lot of deadlines and expectations are not realistic or achievable.  Basically it comes down to, it'll be done when it gets done.  I'd rather be behind schedule with a quality product than vice versa.  I realize time is money, but we all have to make sacrifices now and again.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2020, 09:21:56 AM »
Damn, called to see if I could reserve a next gen console. I fully expected launch window and the rest of november to be next to impossible, but the list for the series X is already until march 2021. And PS5 is apparently significantly worse (Europe is Sony land, so I already expected that, PS4 was sold out for ages as well). There are some stores that don't do prerorders and will have stock, but I think the chances of me getting one of the two will be very slim. I guess people really have fuck all to do these days and are throwing their money at gaming. In the pc space sales of graphics cards are apparently up 1200% compared to previous Nvidea launches, too.

The only thing that is easy to find is the series S, it is basically available for preorder in almost every store, nobody seems to want it to the extent MS expected. Nor do I after I read up on it, too much compromises. Like, at 500gb you will for sure need extra storage and 1gb extra costs like 200 euros, at which point it makes no sense to not opt for the 1gb series X in my opinion. A cheap 1080p alternative sounds nice, but is comes with half the (expensive) storage, no discs, no One X (previous gen) upgrades for backward compatible titles, and seemingly compromises like no ray-tracing in several titles already.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »
I was contemplating pre-ordering the PS5 and almost didn't.  But, I got to thinking about Covid and all the supply chain disruptions world wide and went ahead and did it.  :tup

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »

There's a lot of hype indeed but I've been able to ignore it for the most part. I've only read a couple articles about the game and I stay away from comments on the game sites. I loved Witcher 3 and I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 but I don't really care when it comes out.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
I was contemplating pre-ordering the PS5 and almost didn't.  But, I got to thinking about Covid and all the supply chain disruptions world wide and went ahead and did it.  :tup

Have fun! The PS5 has a very good launch window lineup and apparently the controller is legit, going well beyond Nintendo's HD rumble. Very excited for that.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2020, 03:39:44 PM »

There's a lot of hype indeed but I've been able to ignore it for the most part. I've only read a couple articles about the game and I stay away from comments on the game sites. I loved Witcher 3 and I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 but I don't really care when it comes out.
Yeah same, I never buy games on the first day they come out, so a small delay to improve the quality doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2020, 04:01:26 PM »

I wouldn't worry. One of the press releases stated they are mainly busy optimizing for the last gen consoles in particular. For a game this big and this expensive those consoles have too large of a marketshare to miss.

Offline krands85

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2020, 08:44:46 PM »
The only thing that is easy to find is the series S, it is basically available for preorder in almost every store, nobody seems to want it to the extent MS expected. Nor do I after I read up on it, too much compromises. Like, at 500gb you will for sure need extra storage and 1gb extra costs like 200 euros, at which point it makes no sense to not opt for the 1gb series X in my opinion. A cheap 1080p alternative sounds nice, but is comes with half the (expensive) storage, no discs, no One X (previous gen) upgrades for backward compatible titles, and seemingly compromises like no ray-tracing in several titles already.
I wish it was as easy to find in the UK, there doesn't seem to be stock of it anywhere here now. I sold my PS4 recently, as I thought it wouldn't be too tricky to get a Series S - if not for release, then maybe shortly after, but now I'm thinking I've messed up.

I decided to sell the PS4 now, as it had been making some unhealthy noises anyway, plus the S is cheap for a new console and game pass looks great value. I thought the price I'd get for it would drop quickly with the new consoles coming, that's why I decided not to wait any longer. So now I have no console to play on and who knows when I'll be able to get one! Can't even play PC games with game pass, as I discovered you can only do that with Windows 10.  :facepalm:
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2020, 10:58:17 AM »
It's been a long time coming, finally got another win in Warzone.  They've had a limited time night mode for Halloween and I got the win with a random kid in duos.... his first win and I don't know who's more excited, me or him  :lol https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1322580736281579521

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2020, 05:27:14 PM »
Thats awesome cram, night mode looks cool too!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2020, 03:48:41 AM »
So I booted up GTA5 SP today and actually ran into Trevor while playing Michael and found out for the first time that you could hang out and do activities with each character. After so many years I actually didn't know you could meet up like that.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2020, 09:09:38 PM »
So I've been playing around with the PS5 DualSense controller since it arrived Friday, and while I can't try out the new adaptive triggers until the console arrives, there is a somewhat unique use on PC.

It registers as a quadraphonic speaker, with the extra two channels controlling the haptic feedback (the voice coils are essentially speakers). If you enable "speaker fill" in Sound Settings, you can listen to all of your audio while also feeling the vibration in the controller.  In fact, if you out it up to your ear or press the controller against a large resonant surface, you can faintly here the audio.

I just finished listening/feeling the Hollow Years Budokan solo and while subtle, it was a very cool experience feeling everything in my hands.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2020, 06:14:40 AM »
That's really fascinating, and clever.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »
So I booted up GTA5 SP today and actually ran into Trevor while playing Michael and found out for the first time that you could hang out and do activities with each character. After so many years I actually didn't know you could meet up like that.  :lol

I've been playing GTA 5 on and off for 7 years, have been playing it the last few days, and never knew this. Wtf!

I'm excited to use the new PS5 controller.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online faizoff

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2020, 07:08:59 AM »
Ever since I upgraded my PC and bought a 4k monitor been catching up on some of my steam games, playing the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider and having so much fun. I'm going to finish that and then get started on GTA 5. My RX 580 won't be able to handle it that well at 4k and will probably make me get the newer video cards that much sooner.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2020, 07:59:00 AM »

I've been playing GTA 5 on and off for 7 years, have been playing it the last few days, and never knew this. Wtf!

I'm excited to use the new PS5 controller.

I Never knew this because I never, ever, Met another Character. When I would go to their homes, they weren't there.

Never thought to try and get Two Characters to meet up by controlling them both, and hoping they'd stay where they are.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2020, 11:38:34 AM »
Wait, GTA5 is 7 years old?

Christ.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2020, 11:45:52 AM »
And it's coming to next gen!  :lol

Played some Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle this weekend. Man I hope we get a sequel... that game is amazing but I'm ready for new challenges!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2020, 11:58:11 AM »
Wait, GTA5 is 7 years old?

Christ.

There's this classic meme that floats around reddit often