Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 164829 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #350 on: December 12, 2020, 05:24:16 PM »
There's also A LOT of side quests. It's a bit overwhelming looking at your journal and honestly with the game being so dense, it's a bit hard to understand which side quests are what until you start doing them. 

I just saved a Delamain car from committing suicide, so there's that  :lol after completing that mission which was super simple and more about showing the world of this game, I then took my car and pushed the previously suicidal car off the ledge which caused a game breaking bug  :rollin https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishFreezingRedpanda4Head Actually after all my bugs were just funny, I had two game breaking bugs this afternoon, both were still kind of funny but both required me to load my previous save point. 

Also, Herrick, I was having so much trouble sneaking into a warehouse for a side mission, and even more trouble just fighting them off that I decided to take a different route.  I would trigger their alert system and draw them outside the compound and run them over.  It took like 10 drive arounds and three different vehicles (since they'd eventually get destroyed) to wipe them all, but it worked. https://www.twitch.tv/cramx3/clip/CuteCorrectAppleCmonBruh

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #351 on: December 12, 2020, 05:58:52 PM »
I thought CD Project specifically made the main quest much smaller than the Witcher 3 and greatly expanded on the side stuff?

Though keep in mind The Witcher 3 had several tiers of side quests, perhaps that is the case here too? The Witcher had the basic clear camps/destroy nests stuff you find in any open world, the more elaborate Witcher contracts and the way more elaborate optional quests tied to characters found in the main story.
From what I've seen so far, a lot of the side quests in Cyberpunk are very similar in scope and detail to Witcher 3. Not all of them, mind you. And certainly not the replayable ones, but there's a lot of depth to a fair amount of them. You just have to find them.

I haven't come across any memorable ones in 20 hours but I'm taking things very slowly, and haven't done a tone of side quests yet.

There's also A LOT of side quests. It's a bit overwhelming looking at your journal and honestly with the game being so dense, it's a bit hard to understand which side quests are what until you start doing them. 

I just saved a Delamain car from committing suicide, so there's that  :lol after completing that mission which was super simple and more about showing the world of this game, I then took my car and pushed the previously suicidal car off the ledge which caused a game breaking bug  :rollin https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishFreezingRedpanda4Head Actually after all my bugs were just funny, I had two game breaking bugs this afternoon, both were still kind of funny but both required me to load my previous save point. 

Also, Herrick, I was having so much trouble sneaking into a warehouse for a side mission, and even more trouble just fighting them off that I decided to take a different route.  I would trigger their alert system and draw them outside the compound and run them over.  It took like 10 drive arounds and three different vehicles (since they'd eventually get destroyed) to wipe them all, but it worked. https://www.twitch.tv/cramx3/clip/CuteCorrectAppleCmonBruh

Ha ha that insane laugh at the end of the 2nd video  :lol

On another note, they really fucked over PS4 & Xbox360 players. I wonder how many people will stop pre-ordering games after this fiasco.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #352 on: December 12, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »
Playing it on a base PS4 is almost not worth playing now that I've seen how it runs on a PS5. Even though its not the future "upgraded" version, its still night and day. This should have just been a next gen game  :P

I think I'm gonna try and track down a PS5 before I continue getting deeper into the game.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2020, 09:18:09 PM »
This should have just been a next gen game  :P

Probably right gamer and tech wise, but business wise maybe not so. It's really opening up to be Fallout/GTA in future Japan to me which makes it a really fun game.  I can play it fine, but I know it could be better on a top end system.  The bugs, however, just keep making me  :lol https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealEphemeralCheesecakeSquadGoals the radio music reminded me of Babymetal  :metal :lol the music in this game is fantastic, both from radio and in game

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #354 on: December 12, 2020, 10:58:27 PM »
Playing it on a base PS4 is almost not worth playing now that I've seen how it runs on a PS5. Even though its not the future "upgraded" version, its still night and day. This should have just been a next gen game  :P

I think I'm gonna try and track down a PS5 before I continue getting deeper into the game.

Hopefully they'll patch it up soon.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #355 on: December 13, 2020, 12:28:43 AM »

I didn't even bother buying it on my Xbox One S. I want to experience this game like 6 months down the road, when the bugs are (hopefully) fixed, and I hopefully have bought the Series X. I've also heard that there are problems with the crafting system and in game economy, so I'm better of waiting!

Offline H2

« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2020, 12:30:24 AM »
Has anyone here played the Ace Attorney games? I am almost done with the first 6 games, and it's got some of the best story, writing, and script of any Nintendo games I've played (it's Capcom, but on a Nintendo platform, I mean).

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2020, 01:43:22 AM »
In some unrelated to Cyberpunk news, I finally finished Detroit: Become Human and man, this is my favourite game from Quantic Dream and my favourite game in the interactive cinema genre. I imagine there were a lot of moments where the game presented me an illusion of choice instead of actual choice, but I don't really care as I was so immersed in what was happening. One of the three main heroes died pretty early and I was absolutely fine with that (I googled it afterwards and I could've avoided it a few ways but my actions before actually mattered and there was no one to save the character) and what's better, the game just went with it.

In the end, all three main characters died, and I have just found out that I could actually finish the game with all three of them alive. :lol What a game.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2020, 02:35:45 AM »
I've never been into all the bells and whistles when it comes to "next gen" graphics. I have a RTX 2070 Super & Ryzen 7 2700X. The game automatically put my settings everything at high or ultra with ray tracing at ultra and honestly, I don't even know what the fuck ray tracing is. The game looks good & seems to run fine at 1080p. I don't think it's running at 60fps but it's definitely above 30. I haven't even bothered to check. Tit's good enough for me.
Right on. I'm like that too. My brother is all about bells and whistles and everything else. He will show me how insane a game looks with his newest setup., Yup looks great man! I go home play mine... looks good too? Wtf was he talking about?   lol.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2020, 04:58:10 AM »
In some unrelated to Cyberpunk news, I finally finished Detroit: Become Human and man, this is my favourite game from Quantic Dream and my favourite game in the interactive cinema genre. I imagine there were a lot of moments where the game presented me an illusion of choice instead of actual choice, but I don't really care as I was so immersed in what was happening. One of the three main heroes died pretty early and I was absolutely fine with that (I googled it afterwards and I could've avoided it a few ways but my actions before actually mattered and there was no one to save the character) and what's better, the game just went with it.

In the end, all three main characters died, and I have just found out that I could actually finish the game with all three of them alive. :lol What a game.

That game always intrigued me. I could actually see me obsessing with making the "right" choices.  :)
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2020, 09:24:33 AM »
I've never been into all the bells and whistles when it comes to "next gen" graphics. I have a RTX 2070 Super & Ryzen 7 2700X. The game automatically put my settings everything at high or ultra with ray tracing at ultra and honestly, I don't even know what the fuck ray tracing is. The game looks good & seems to run fine at 1080p. I don't think it's running at 60fps but it's definitely above 30. I haven't even bothered to check. Tit's good enough for me.
Right on. I'm like that too. My brother is all about bells and whistles and everything else. He will show me how insane a game looks with his newest setup., Yup looks great man! I go home play mine... looks good too? Wtf was he talking about?   lol.

:rollin

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2020, 01:46:24 PM »

It's running alright on my Xbox One X. There are definitely technical issues, and it completely crashed once (before the most recent update), but I'm able to enjoy it. I feel really bad for people trying to run it on the standard PS4/Xbox One.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2020, 01:51:34 PM »
I'm still in the prologue section of the game, but Cyberpunk 2077 is running fine on my PS4 Slim. It certainly could be a lot better, but it could be a lot worse. The only technical issues I'm coming across so far are somewhat blurry visuals and occasional frame drops.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2020, 07:12:37 AM »
I have to say, I've gotten quite hooked on Cyberpunk. As I mentioned above, it started running well on my console after the Friday-night patch, so I've been able to play it without too many technical issues. The characters, story, and Night City visuals are top-notch. I'm not loving the combat, and the lack of people in the city can be a bit immersion-breaking, but those things are more secondary to me. The writing definitely reminds me of Witcher 3 in many ways.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2020, 07:50:00 AM »
I'm not rushing to buy it just yet - I pretty much never buy games immediately at release, and when there are bugs/issues to resolve, I can wait until the most egregious ones are sorted and then get a better experience.

Once I get round to it, I'll be playing on PC. I pretty much always prefer mouse and keyboard for first-person games.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #365 on: December 14, 2020, 07:58:06 AM »
I am super interested in this game. However, since I have a PS5, I'm gonna wait for the official next gen version to get released. The way I understand it, it does run significantly better there than on last gen consoles, and can even be run in 60FPS, but they are working on optimizing it even better.

It is weird though, how bad it runs on PS4 and Xbox One. They have even offered refunds: https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #366 on: December 14, 2020, 08:05:16 AM »
I have to say, I've gotten quite hooked on Cyberpunk. As I mentioned above, it started running well on my console after the Friday-night patch, so I've been able to play it without too many technical issues. The characters, story, and Night City visuals are top-notch. I'm not loving the combat, and the lack of people in the city can be a bit immersion-breaking, but those things are more secondary to me. The writing definitely reminds me of Witcher 3 in many ways.

What is this like?   I saw a trailer for it and it had a sort of Deus Ex vibe to it.  Is the gameplay like that?

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #367 on: December 14, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »

What is this like?   I saw a trailer for it and it had a sort of Deus Ex vibe to it.  Is the gameplay like that?

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I've never played a Deus Ex game, but I think that in terms of the look and feel, that's kind of what they're going for. The gameplay is a Frankenstein of first-person shooter and role-playing game elements. You spend a decent amount of time managing your inventory, clicking through dialog options, and clearing your quest log. Many quests result in shootouts, but there are alternate approaches such as stealth or hacking into cameras/drones so that you can sit back and watch the chaos unfold. The idea is that you're living in a futuristic city, so you get around in cars and bikes (kind of like GTA). Ultimately, the main draws are the characters and the story, which I think was a bit of a marketing blunder on the developer's part, because they emphasized a bunch of other stuff that is not really their forte. I hope I did a decent job explaining it!

I'm not rushing to buy it just yet - I pretty much never buy games immediately at release, and when there are bugs/issues to resolve, I can wait until the most egregious ones are sorted and then get a better experience.

Once I get round to it, I'll be playing on PC. I pretty much always prefer mouse and keyboard for first-person games.

I have no doubt that the finalized, patched, and perhaps expanded-upon version of the game on PC will be absolutely phenomenal. Even though I'm enjoying my time with the game thus far, it's clear that this is Version 1.0 right now, and there will certainly be a Version 2.0 in the future.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: December 14, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »
I would say it is very similar to Deus Ex.  A much bigger open world and better graphics, but similar gameplay style.  RPG character build, futuristic city, different ways to complete missions but shoot outs and stealthiness seem to be pretty big.  A compelling story.

I am loving when Johnny appears during dialogue moments, it's so cool how he just fades in, chats with you and all of the sudden is gone. 

I think what I dislike the most is the difficulty level of this game.  Playing on hard is really challenging, I know these RPG games typically start a bit harder because your character is underdeveloped, but man, it takes SO much to kill someone.  I spent a solid hour last night just trying to complete the Automatic Love mission because it was so damn difficult to escape.  That mission took away all your guns so you had to use whatever you could find or steal off a body.  Made me get good with a knife, but took me soooo long and so many tries to finally get it complete. 

Part of me wants to lower the difficulty level, but this isn't even the hardest, I feel like this (hard was the highlighted difficulty level) was the way the game was meant to be played for most people so I'm going to stick with it still.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #369 on: December 14, 2020, 09:38:07 AM »
I am super interested in this game. However, since I have a PS5, I'm gonna wait for the official next gen version to get released. The way I understand it, it does run significantly better there than on last gen consoles, and can even be run in 60FPS, but they are working on optimizing it even better.

It is weird though, how bad it runs on PS4 and Xbox One. They have even offered refunds: https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472

Same, will patiently wait for the Series X version.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #370 on: December 14, 2020, 10:00:14 AM »

Same, will patiently wait for the Series X version.

Funny how Elon Musk is all over that tweet  :lol I really don't know why people expected them to show gameplay from older consoles, like that makes no sense from showing off the game, but I do understand those who bought the game for the older consoles and feeling pissed when it doesn't play well at all.  It's good they are giving refunds to those people because that is poor on their part for releasing the game if it doesn't play well for those systems.  Should have just made it a PC and next gen exclusive, but given the timeline of making the game, I bet that made things more difficult as newer consoles were being made through this games design lifecycle.  In the end, I think it sucks big time for those on previous gen console who wanted this game badly plus add in how hard it is to get a PS5 and well, yea, I get why people are mad at that.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2020, 10:46:30 AM »
I would say it is very similar to Deus Ex.  A much bigger open world and better graphics, but similar gameplay style.  RPG character build, futuristic city, different ways to complete missions but shoot outs and stealthiness seem to be pretty big.  A compelling story.

I am loving when Johnny appears during dialogue moments, it's so cool how he just fades in, chats with you and all of the sudden is gone. 

I think what I dislike the most is the difficulty level of this game.  Playing on hard is really challenging, I know these RPG games typically start a bit harder because your character is underdeveloped, but man, it takes SO much to kill someone.  I spent a solid hour last night just trying to complete the Automatic Love mission because it was so damn difficult to escape.  That mission took away all your guns so you had to use whatever you could find or steal off a body.  Made me get good with a knife, but took me soooo long and so many tries to finally get it complete. 

Part of me wants to lower the difficulty level, but this isn't even the hardest, I feel like this (hard was the highlighted difficulty level) was the way the game was meant to be played for most people so I'm going to stick with it still.

I lowered it to Normal because I got sick of the bullet sponge enemies. I played it on Normal for a few hours and it felt balanced. It didn't take a full clip to kill someone and I didn't seem any more resilient than I did on Hard. Butt I added some cyber upgrade stuff and now the game is a bit too easy. So I put it back to Hard and the enemies were still bullet sponges even with my upgraded weaponry & cyber stuff. Not sure what I'm gonna do :(

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #372 on: December 14, 2020, 11:36:32 AM »
I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I've never played a Deus Ex game, but I think that in terms of the look and feel, that's kind of what they're going for. The gameplay is a Frankenstein of first-person shooter and role-playing game elements. You spend a decent amount of time managing your inventory, clicking through dialog options, and clearing your quest log. Many quests result in shootouts, but there are alternate approaches such as stealth or hacking into cameras/drones so that you can sit back and watch the chaos unfold. The idea is that you're living in a futuristic city, so you get around in cars and bikes (kind of like GTA). Ultimately, the main draws are the characters and the story, which I think was a bit of a marketing blunder on the developer's part, because they emphasized a bunch of other stuff that is not really their forte. I hope I did a decent job explaining it!

You did a great job explaining it, and from what you wrote, that is EXACTLY what I loved about Deus Ex (I've only played Human Revolution).   I played through it three times not just to get all the achievements, but because it was that good a game. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2020, 12:52:51 PM »

You did a great job explaining it, and from what you wrote, that is EXACTLY what I loved about Deus Ex (I've only played Human Revolution).   I played through it three times not just to get all the achievements, but because it was that good a game.

Cyberpunk gives you 3 options right to start to get three different play throughs so you may really enjoy it then! Actually, if anyone liked Deus Ex this game seems like the new upgraded version of that game.  However, I could not recommend it unless you have next gen or high powered PC to play based on everything Ive read.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #374 on: December 14, 2020, 01:24:39 PM »

Not quite as good as Deus Ex in terms of attention to detail and the RPG elements and level design making sense (such as how in Deux Ex you can play it the way you want to, there's no need to ever run and gun if you don't want to, you can talk or sneak your way out of most conflicts...), but I would say far more impressive in scope/scale. This is more like Deus Ex meets Fallout 3/4, where there RPG elements work to a point, but more than likely you'll have to get to cracking skulls eventually.

It's running alright on my Xbox One X. There are definitely technical issues, and it completely crashed once (before the most recent update), but I'm able to enjoy it. I feel really bad for people trying to run it on the standard PS4/Xbox One.

Yeah, it looks amazing on Xbox One X. The trade-off seems to be the FPS, which is much better on the next gen consoles and higher end PC's. From what I gather, it runs quite well on PS Pro also.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #375 on: December 14, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »

Cyberpunk gives you 3 options right to start to get three different play throughs so you may really enjoy it then! Actually, if anyone liked Deus Ex this game seems like the new upgraded version of that game.  However, I could not recommend it unless you have next gen or high powered PC to play based on everything Ive read.

Other than starting area & dialogue options, I don't think those three starting options have much impact on the game.

Not quite as good as Deus Ex in terms of attention to detail and the RPG elements and level design making sense (such as how in Deux Ex you can play it the way you want to, there's no need to ever run and gun if you don't want to, you can talk or sneak your way out of most conflicts...), but I would say far more impressive in scope/scale. This is more like Deus Ex meets Fallout 3/4, where there RPG elements work to a point, but more than likely you'll have to get to cracking skulls eventually.

Agreed. Deus Ex's level design & skill system has more options on how to approach situations, or at least it feels that way. So far, Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't seem as hardcore RPGish as it was made out to be. Dialogue options don't seem to have much impact. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into it yet. I'm in the early area of Act 2.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: December 14, 2020, 02:18:35 PM »

Other than starting area & dialogue options, I don't think those three starting options have much impact on the game.

I just assumed they had to, like why else have those options?  Maybe you are right, I'm wondering if any of my decisions ultimately have much impact.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #377 on: December 14, 2020, 02:46:02 PM »

I just assumed they had to, like why else have those options?  Maybe you are right, I'm wondering if any of my decisions ultimately have much impact.

I think there are real choices we can make because there are several different endings. As far as the side jobs and gigs...I don't know...I'm not seeing much opportunity for role-playing in this RPG other than kill people or take them down non-lethally and I'm not sure that even has an impact on the game world.

I'm still enjoying myself though and I do love the setting. I'm just playing this game as an open world FPS with RPG elements.

Offline krands85

« Reply #378 on: December 14, 2020, 06:18:57 PM »
Dialogue options don't seem to have much impact. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into it yet. I'm in the early area of Act 2.
I hope that's not the case. I was reading about one of the early missions I had just completed yesterday and was surprised to see it can seemingly play out in several different ways - with potential for future differences depending on what I did in that mission. Hope that's quite common in the game, so there's more value in multiple playthroughs, which I don't normally do in games.

Some of the things I've read and seen in the game make it clear they needed way more time to get it to where it should be, though I'm still enjoying it so far. My main issue at the moment is that it's all just so dense, all the different game mechanics, menus, inventory etc. that it's quite overwhelming.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #379 on: December 14, 2020, 08:20:08 PM »
Dialogue options don't seem to have much impact. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into it yet. I'm in the early area of Act 2.
I hope that's not the case. I was reading about one of the early missions I had just completed yesterday and was surprised to see it can seemingly play out in several different ways - with potential for future differences depending on what I did in that mission. Hope that's quite common in the game, so there's more value in multiple playthroughs, which I don't normally do in games.

Some of the things I've read and seen in the game make it clear they needed way more time to get it to where it should be, though I'm still enjoying it so far. My main issue at the moment is that it's all just so dense, all the different game mechanics, menus, inventory etc. that it's quite overwhelming.

It is a lot to take in at first. I didn't even touch crafting until Act 2 when I was about 13 or 15 hours into the game.

I think I wasted some of my skill & perk points on Intelligence. I don't really enjoy the hacking. All I really use is Ping and that can be done without any upgraded skills. I thought that one perk where you could tell who is hacking you would be useful, but whenever I get hacked the person is always out of line of sight so I can't directly attack them or hack them so...

Quickhacks don't seem to do much damage to enemies. Maybe I should try those again since I lowered the difficulty to normal.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2020, 03:08:59 AM »
I'm pretty hooked on Cyberpunk, it's alot to take in when you start though.
The best thing to do to get immersed in the world as with any openworld is to walk around the city instead of driving. Then you can see the insane details, I mean the screen is just littered and filled with little shapes and textures that has to render and load in if you know what I mean.
What I mean is that the game can look a bit rough for me but considering the actually details put into the world and it's made for RTX cards i'm quite happy how my 1080 handles it.

Btw some vodoo type shit is going on with bugs in the game, i've encountered some weird ones like yesterday when I got stuck and fixed in 3rd person view without a head.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline krands85

« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2020, 06:44:00 AM »

It is a lot to take in at first. I didn't even touch crafting until Act 2 when I was about 13 or 15 hours into the game.

I think I wasted some of my skill & perk points on Intelligence. I don't really enjoy the hacking. All I really use is Ping and that can be done without any upgraded skills. I thought that one perk where you could tell who is hacking you would be useful, but whenever I get hacked the person is always out of line of sight so I can't directly attack them or hack them so...

Quickhacks don't seem to do much damage to enemies. Maybe I should try those again since I lowered the difficulty to normal.

Yeah I got that perk too and it hasn't seemed that useful so far. Kind of reassuring to hear that it took you quite a while to start crafting too  :lol
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2020, 09:11:27 AM »
I still haven't crafted anything... but I did finally start adding attachments to my guns which really helps  :lol I don't know why this took me so long but I chalk it up to the game having so many elements that I didn't even realize all the attachments I was collecting and NOT applying to my guns.  One of them now burns enemies which gives a lingering effect that really helps fight them off.  I've also have turned into an assassin essentially, I can't sneak and be effective AT ALL.  Some of these buildings just have so many enemies and I can only sneak so long before getting caught and then an all out gunfight begins.  However, I'm learning how the AI works and have gotten really good at just finding a good spot to get cover and slowly take out all the enemies.  Ive also got some upgrades that really help now and I'm finding the combat to get significantly more easy now that I'm understanding things much more.  One other tip I can think of is to hack more even if I don't fully use the stealthiness from the hacks, only because some of the hacks are easy and you get XP for it.

I spent time yesterday just doing the ? side missions on the map, those are actually pretty fun and you don't know the objective until you start it, so far they are pretty diverse which keeps it interesting.  Here's a clip of another bug, I didn't initially realize I need to put the body in the trunk and dropped it on the door of the car causing the body to stand upright in the air  :lol https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticSneakyWebPunchTrees

And this isn't a bug, but just really funny AI and what I was talking about in terms of finding a good spot to get cover and slowly kill all the enemies.  I was hiding in a room as the enemies would come in, one by one, through the door but the dead bodies in the door way would cause the running in enemy to trip  :rollin I clipped three of these instances, but the last was the funniest https://clips.twitch.tv/AcceptableBovineBurritoYouDontSay

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2020, 09:17:07 AM »

I'm still waiting for the pretty hooked part.  The game is starting out really slow for me.  I have two weeks off during the Holiday.  The extra time will tell the story.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2020, 09:32:18 AM »

I'm still waiting for the pretty hooked part.  The game is starting out really slow for me.  I have two weeks off during the Holiday.  The extra time will tell the story.

I don't think the game gets going until you get to Act 2 when the story opens up and you're character is a bit more developed. It starts slow because there is so much to understand with the gameplay.