Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 166942 times)

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2020, 02:50:04 PM »
My copy of Cyberpunk 2077 arrived early this morning, but I haven't played it yet because there's this huge day-one patch I have to download. I started the update at around 11 AM and it is still downloading.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2020, 02:53:01 PM »
I won't buy Cyberpunk until they made an actual version for the Series/PS5. AKA the "next gen patch". As of now those consoles actually play variations of the One/PS4 versions, but with less technical problems due to more horsepower. The release of this game is a total mess.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #317 on: December 10, 2020, 03:17:07 PM »
I won't buy Cyberpunk until they made an actual version for the Series/PS5. AKA the "next gen patch". As of now those consoles actually play variations of the One/PS4 versions, but with less technical problems due to more horsepower. The release of this game is a total mess.
Not even variations as I understand it, the only versions on sale are PC, PS4 and XBox One, just that both new gen consoles are backwards compatible so those games can be played on them (and as you say, the performance is better).

It is kind of strange that the actual new-gen versions aren't available yet, but I guess it's not fundamentally different to games that come out at the end of a generation and then a Remastered version comes out a few months after the next-gen consoles come out.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #318 on: December 10, 2020, 06:00:09 PM »
I keep seeing people talk about how buggy the game is and how poorly it performs. I mean, yes, it is very demanding graphically, but it looks really good cranked up to the max. You just need good hardware for that and no the PS5 and Series X aren't going to cut it. Right now the PS5 runs the game at 60 fps at just over 1080p. Don't expect an actual next-gen version to play at 4k or perform any better unless they seriously cut back on graphics fidelity. The hardware in the PS5 and Series X is a cut down RDNA2 chip and the fastest AMD gpu's right now have serious issues with this game, especially with ray-tracing.

I haven't seen a single bug pop up and I'm running at a constant 60-70 fps @3440x1440 resolution with everything turned up to max except Ray-Tracing, which I won't be enabling until I can finally get my hands on an RTX 3080. The game still looks really good.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: December 10, 2020, 06:06:52 PM »
I keep seeing people talk about how buggy the game is and how poorly it performs. I mean, yes, it is very demanding graphically, but it looks really good cranked up to the max. You just need good hardware for that and no the PS5 and Series X aren't going to cut it. Right now the PS5 runs the game at 60 fps at just over 1080p. Don't expect an actual next-gen version to play at 4k or perform any better unless they seriously cut back on graphics fidelity. The hardware in the PS5 and Series X is a cut down RDNA2 chip and the fastest AMD gpu's right now have serious issues with this game, especially with ray-tracing.

I haven't seen a single bug pop up and I'm running at a constant 60-70 fps @3440x1440 resolution with everything turned up to max except Ray-Tracing, which I won't be enabling until I can finally get my hands on an RTX 3080. The game still looks really good.

Quote from a coworker in our work gamers chat

Oh boy, on 4K with RT on and everything max, and DLSS turned off, I get like 7-9 FPS on my dual 2080ti setup.

I think this is why I'm not impressed with the graphics, this requires significant hardware, that I just don't have nor can even get, to get the most of it.  In 2021 I plan on getting a 3080 and I'm curious if it will show a nice graphical improvement.  I expect it to, it's just how much and does it actually wow me. 

The same person followed up wondering if this is the next Crysis  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #320 on: December 10, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »

Oh boy, on 4K with RT on and everything max, and DLSS turned off, I get like 7-9 FPS on my dual 2080ti setup.

I think this is why I'm not impressed with the graphics, this requires significant hardware, that I just don't have nor can even get, to get the most of it.  In 2021 I plan on getting a 3080 and I'm curious if it will show a nice graphical improvement.  I expect it to, it's just how much and does it actually wow me. 

First of all the game doesn't take advantage of SLI setups, nor will 99% of games going forward. Also, why would that person turn off DLSS? The new version of it has basically no loss in picture quality. Really, none that I can tell. People like to complain when developers add in graphical options that they can't run on their 200$ computers, smh.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2020, 08:53:06 PM »
I've never been into all the bells and whistles when it comes to "next gen" graphics. I have a RTX 2070 Super & Ryzen 7 2700X. The game automatically put my settings everything at high or ultra with ray tracing at ultra and honestly, I don't even know what the fuck ray tracing is. The game looks good & seems to run fine at 1080p. I don't think it's running at 60fps but it's definitely above 30. I haven't even bothered to check. Tit's good enough for me.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #322 on: December 10, 2020, 10:00:16 PM »
Oh my! The nostalgia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-Ctg6k_Ao&feature=emb_logo

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #323 on: December 10, 2020, 11:56:06 PM »
Oh damn, is that who I think it is? She was teased in Andromeda so I wonder if they're now going to bridge that more to the original trilogy, or if they're just scrapping Andromeda altogether.

I be am boner inducing.

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: December 11, 2020, 12:03:59 AM »

I'm getting about 45 using a 3090 at 4k, DLSS on balanced, ultra everything although RTX has one more setting (psycho: it's perfectly playable on that setting but the gain doesn't outweigh the loss of frames for me personally). This is with an 8700K so I'll be bottlenecking at points. 45 FPS is fine for me; doesn't have that 30 FPS sluggishness although naturally doesn't quite have the smoothness of 60.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2020, 01:51:46 AM »

I'm getting about 45 using a 3090 at 4k, DLSS on balanced, ultra everything although RTX has one more setting (psycho: it's perfectly playable on that setting but the gain doesn't outweigh the loss of frames for me personally). This is with an 8700K so I'll be bottlenecking at points. 45 FPS is fine for me; doesn't have that 30 FPS sluggishness although naturally doesn't quite have the smoothness of 60.
Yeah the psycho setting enabled Ray-traced global illumination. Doesn't make a huge visual difference and not worth the performance drop.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2020, 02:13:36 AM »

As with all console generations, a high end pc set up is obviously signficantly more powerful, which is what you pay for. But the new consoles are also way more powerful than the last ones, so it is not unreasonable to expect a significant upgrade in the future. And according to steam statistics and overall pc sales, the majority of pc gamers do not have high end set ups. And for a lot of games, a very significant portion of the sales are on consoles, which is why they released it on the PS4 and One in the first place. Point being, the majority of customers won't have that experience.

The Series X does have full RDNA2 capabilities by the way, the PS5 does not.

I am sure CD projekt will fix/optimize everything. The Witcher 3 on PS4 from launch to final DLC made huge progress as well, for example.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #327 on: December 11, 2020, 04:58:41 AM »
Played a couple of hours yesterday and have nothing really to say. Information overload with everything I can do so i'll wait. However it seems the controls are a bit console:ish on PC atleast with mouse and key. Driving with keys are so janky I feel.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2020, 05:03:48 AM »
Oh my! The nostalgia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-Ctg6k_Ao&feature=emb_logo

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

Oh damn, is that who I think it is? She was teased in Andromeda so I wonder if they're now going to bridge that more to the original trilogy, or if they're just scrapping Andromeda altogether.

If this is going to the direction it appears to be going, then I'm very excited!

But i'll try to temper my expectations, because this is going to be a brand new team working on this game. However, if this is turns out to be awesome, I'll be super happy! It would be so awesome to have a proper ME4, and a continuation to the original trilogy!

@Cyberpunk 2077 I think I'll wait until CDPR patches up the game/ or I'll get a next gen console. It looks very buggy at the moment, and PS4 Slim and Xone S seem to be really struggling with the game. I currently have a Xone S...

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #329 on: December 11, 2020, 06:03:18 AM »
Honestly on PC atleast I haven't experienced any major bugs or glitches other some minor ones. When I bought Horizon Zero Dawn om PC I couldn't even start the damn game without a crash.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2020, 07:14:43 AM »
How do y'all feel about the results of the 2020 game awards?

I'm not really invested in these, but I know it can be a big boon for the developers and I would have liked to see Sucker Punch be rewarded with the top award. I think they really hit it out of the park with Ghost of Tsushima.

I get why TLOUII got the top awards, but in the end, it just wasn't a fun game, to me anyway. Beautifully executed, interesting story telling, and wonderfully controversial. Just not fun to play and way too depressing.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
Granted I haven't played it but TLOU2 winning nearly everything it was up for made the results kind of boring plus the fact that they were pimping the game on the side in some spots really showed their hand.

It's more embarrassing that it was way more of trailer showcase with 5 rapid fire award categories done in a throwaway manner every 15-20 minutes. It made the whole thing even more soulless than it usually did. Vin Diesel with dinosaurs was hilariously captivating though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: December 11, 2020, 11:45:24 AM »

First of all the game doesn't take advantage of SLI setups, nor will 99% of games going forward. Also, why would that person turn off DLSS? The new version of it has basically no loss in picture quality. Really, none that I can tell. People like to complain when developers add in graphical options that they can't run on their 200$ computers, smh.

I think just to prove a point about hardware, that's not how he's playing it.

I'm so damn frustrated with setting up the audio.  I figured out what went wrong, when I updated the nvidia drivers on release day, it updated my audio drivers as well which reset all the custom settings I needed to have all the audio routed properly to my headset, use my mic, and pass all that to the stream PC.  I've got it working now (I think I said that 3 times the last couple days to myself so...).

Anyway, off from work today so I'm going to be playing A LOT and just killed Royce, I feel like I walked into maybe a tougher mission than I was skilled for as it took me a lot of attempts to figure out wtf I'm doing with combat.  I'm also playing on hard to start.  I am slowly starting to get the hang of things though, as Boom stated, its information overload so it's going to take awhile to understand everything.  Also still adjusting my settings, I may play on medium settings for the 60fps I seem to more consistently get.  Ultra is around 40fps during combat.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #333 on: December 11, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »
Finally got around to playing Cyberpunk 2077 today. It's better than I expected, but I'm not greatly invested in it yet. I've only played for 2 hours so far, though, so I'll have to play a lot more and see what I think of it.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #334 on: December 11, 2020, 01:52:51 PM »

I'm so damn frustrated with setting up the audio.  I figured out what went wrong, when I updated the nvidia drivers on release day, it updated my audio drivers as well which reset all the custom settings I needed to have all the audio routed properly to my headset, use my mic, and pass all that to the stream PC.  I've got it working now (I think I said that 3 times the last couple days to myself so...).

Anyway, off from work today so I'm going to be playing A LOT and just killed Royce, I feel like I walked into maybe a tougher mission than I was skilled for as it took me a lot of attempts to figure out wtf I'm doing with combat.  I'm also playing on hard to start.  I am slowly starting to get the hang of things though, as Boom stated, its information overload so it's going to take awhile to understand everything.  Also still adjusting my settings, I may play on medium settings for the 60fps I seem to more consistently get.  Ultra is around 40fps during combat.

I had the same experience with that mission. I had difficulty with aiming at enemies. Twas hard for me to see them.

Another thing I'm having trouble with is deciding where to put my attribute points & perk points. I don't want to make a mistake and fuck up my character. From what I've read, respec costs 100,000 eurodollars.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: December 11, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »
I'm not too worried, just going with the flow with my style of gameplay.  You're right about the darkness.  With the way the lighting is in this game, I can imagine ray tracing abilities would make this game look much better.  Also.... braindancing  :hat About to play some more and dig in, it's certainly starting to build up in gameplay and showing some new gameplay elements to make it interesting and unique. Also, story is opening up more so getting more invested. 

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: December 11, 2020, 03:02:58 PM »

I had the same experience with that mission. I had difficulty with aiming at enemies. Twas hard for me to see them.

Another thing I'm having trouble with is deciding where to put my attribute points & perk points. I don't want to make a mistake and fuck up my character. From what I've read, respec costs 100,000 eurodollars.

My brother is way further along in the game than I am but he says that you start accruing money really easily as you get further along.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #338 on: December 11, 2020, 03:48:38 PM »
I didn't watch the Game Awards but I'm very glad that TLOU2 did so well. I completely understand why some people won't have enjoyed it - I myself didn't find it perfect, or as amazing overall as the first game - but the ludicrous backlash it got and abuse that Laura Bailey received was just awful, and I'm glad this provides some vindication for her and for the whole team that made it. It was superb cinematically, the acting was amazing particularly from Bailey and Ashley Johnson, and the way the narrative was crafted to successfully elicit particular emotional responses was really quite masterful and impactful. The awards it won, it deserved to win IMO.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #339 on: December 11, 2020, 04:53:33 PM »
I would not call TLOU part 2 perfect either (nor the original for that matter), but it is way closer to the original in quality than I ever imagined it to be. Looking forward to my inevitable PS5 playthrough on hard or grounded.

I can see why people don't have it as their 2020 favourite or even why people don't enjoy it at all, but it's direction, acting and sound design were without a doubt on a whole other level than any game I played this generation. So those awards were expected from me.

Ghost won the players choice award, also deservedly. Sucker Punch has always been an underrated developer in my view and Ghost put them on the map as one of the great Sony studios. Game sold very well apparently, so I assume we will see more of their Samurai goodness.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2020, 10:46:43 AM »
I had to lower the difficulty on Cyberpunk 2077 to Normal. I felt the enemies were way too spongey on Hard. Plus I'm still having difficulty seeing the enemies.

I don't think my weapons are underpowered. I must not have the right attribute points & perks for combat. I've been focusing on Reflex & Intellgence.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: December 12, 2020, 10:53:13 AM »
I had to lower the difficulty on Cyberpunk 2077 to Normal. I felt the enemies were way too spongey on Hard. Plus I'm still having difficulty seeing the enemies.

I don't think my weapons are underpowered. I must not have the right attribute points & perks for combat. I've been focusing on Reflex & Intellgence.

TTK is quite large on even average enemies.  My sneaking abilities are not very good and hacking everything gets boring quick so every situation has pretty much come down to a gunfight so I put a good amount of my points into combat and it's been getting easier.  Been killing the cyberpsychos on the side to get better at combat and it's been paying off. Usually takes a few tries before I figure out how to sneak around to a good spot to start shooting.  I still haven't crafted a single thing yet, I did pay off my debt so now I'll start saving up to get some crazy gun or ability.  After the PSU football game, I may be streaming my gameplay the rest of the day.  I'm starting to really enjoy the game as the story and gameplay really open up once you finish the Heist.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #342 on: December 12, 2020, 11:30:47 AM »

TTK is quite large on even average enemies.  My sneaking abilities are not very good and hacking everything gets boring quick so every situation has pretty much come down to a gunfight so I put a good amount of my points into combat and it's been getting easier.  Been killing the cyberpsychos on the side to get better at combat and it's been paying off. Usually takes a few tries before I figure out how to sneak around to a good spot to start shooting.  I still haven't crafted a single thing yet, I did pay off my debt so now I'll start saving up to get some crazy gun or ability.  After the PSU football game, I may be streaming my gameplay the rest of the day.  I'm starting to really enjoy the game as the story and gameplay really open up once you finish the Heist.

Ah yes crafting. I should start looking into that. I've played for over 20 hours and haven't crafted anything. That should give my weapons more impact.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: December 12, 2020, 12:10:11 PM »
I also upped my attributes for critical hit %. I think that has helped a lot, aim for the head and I'm getting a lot more critcL hits which make TTK much less. Thats just me, im sure there's lots of other ways to improve with combat but I really don't understand the crafting at all yet, I need to dig in but while I pick up everything I see, I haven't opened up anything to craft it seems. Maybe I need to put points toward that

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #344 on: December 12, 2020, 12:35:54 PM »
I also upped my attributes for critical hit %. I think that has helped a lot, aim for the head and I'm getting a lot more critcL hits which make TTK much less. Thats just me, im sure there's lots of other ways to improve with combat but I really don't understand the crafting at all yet, I need to dig in but while I pick up everything I see, I haven't opened up anything to craft it seems. Maybe I need to put points toward that

What do you think of the side missions so far? I think they're kinda empty. I was hoping for Witcher 3-level side quest goodness.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: December 12, 2020, 12:57:13 PM »

What do you think of the side missions so far? I think they're kinda empty. I was hoping for Witcher 3-level side quest goodness.

Never played the Witcher, but it feels a lot like Fallout to me. The side missions are basic openworld type side quests that show off more of the world than really offer the best the game has to offer in experience. At least so far from my experience the main story is really where the fun is at which I'm trying not to rush through. I do enjoy the cyber psychos because so far, they all have a back story to why they've gone insane and all have a different gun/ability that makes it different to fight and then you get their unique goods.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #346 on: December 12, 2020, 02:47:24 PM »

Never played the Witcher, but it feels a lot like Fallout to me. The side missions are basic openworld type side quests that show off more of the world than really offer the best the game has to offer in experience. At least so far from my experience the main story is really where the fun is at which I'm trying not to rush through. I do enjoy the cyber psychos because so far, they all have a back story to why they've gone insane and all have a different gun/ability that makes it different to fight and then you get their unique goods.

The Witcher 3 side quests each had their own leetle stories. At least that's how they seemed to me. They felt very fleshed out, and they weren't always the typical "go here and deliver this" or "go here and kill this".

I was wondering what cyber psychos were when you posted about them earlier. Then I remembered, I did one of these missions. That was a long & tough fight. I haven't tried any of the others because I thought they'd be too tough but now that I've leveled up, I might try another one.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #347 on: December 12, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »
I thought CD Project specifically made the main quest much smaller than the Witcher 3 and greatly expanded on the side stuff?

Though keep in mind The Witcher 3 had several tiers of side quests, perhaps that is the case here too? The Witcher had the basic clear camps/destroy nests stuff you find in any open world, the more elaborate Witcher contracts and the way more elaborate optional quests tied to characters found in the main story.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #348 on: December 12, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »
I thought CD Project specifically made the main quest much smaller than the Witcher 3 and greatly expanded on the side stuff?

Though keep in mind The Witcher 3 had several tiers of side quests, perhaps that is the case here too? The Witcher had the basic clear camps/destroy nests stuff you find in any open world, the more elaborate Witcher contracts and the way more elaborate optional quests tied to characters found in the main story.
From what I've seen so far, a lot of the side quests in Cyberpunk are very similar in scope and detail to Witcher 3. Not all of them, mind you. And certainly not the replayable ones, but there's a lot of depth to a fair amount of them. You just have to find them.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2020, 05:15:17 PM »

From what I've seen so far, a lot of the side quests in Cyberpunk are very similar in scope and detail to Witcher 3. Not all of them, mind you. And certainly not the replayable ones, but there's a lot of depth to a fair amount of them. You just have to find them.

Ah, cool, that is what I assumed as well, that it is more of a case of finding the quests that are more in depth. Looking forward to joining the party next year.