Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 160886 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #1260 on: January 18, 2022, 10:14:25 AM »
This is very interesting on a personal level.  I recently met a guy who works for Bethesda so is now a Microsoft employee.  He makes the in game cosmetics for the Elder Scrolls Online.  He said the transition has been great.  And this is personal because Microsoft ALSO bought the company I work for (not in the gaming industry).  So I'm kind of excited that Microsoft is going in hard on the gaming industry.  Would be awesome if I got infinite COD coins for example as an employee perk. (the guy I met gets infinite in game credits for Elder Scrolls for example).

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1261 on: January 18, 2022, 10:16:25 AM »
The only silver lining I see is that Bobby finally answers to someone other than his shareholders.

I hope so as well given the legal issues that Blizzard has had in recent memory.  Maybe then I may come back to playing World of Warcraft.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1262 on: January 18, 2022, 10:25:03 AM »
The only silver lining I see is that Bobby finally answers to someone other than his shareholders.

I hope so as well given the legal issues that Blizzard has had in recent memory.  Maybe then I may come back to playing World of Warcraft.

What I read is Bobby will stay in charge during the merge, but since they will report directly to xbox, it seems he will likely be let go once the merge is complete. 

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1263 on: January 18, 2022, 10:27:27 AM »
He'll be laughing all the way to the bank no matter what. His biggest loss would just be that he can't add even more to his hoard. Sure he'll get a golden parachute as well

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1264 on: January 18, 2022, 12:31:06 PM »

That's probably what triggered this sale. Microsoft just picked this up for a song seeing as Blizzard's stock price was about 35% off its high last year.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1265 on: January 18, 2022, 07:06:31 PM »
I see no problem with this acquisition. Microsoft has been extremely consumer friendly in the gaming market over the last few years. Only problem I can foresee is if Microsoft decides to pull an EA and go anti-consumer/greedy-as-hell. They now own a lot of the major game publishers/developers. But from what I'm hearing so far, all the publishers and devs that have been bought out have said the transition has been smooth and easy and Microsoft isn't micromanaging and/or putting unrealistic deadlines on release dates. *cough* EA *cough* CD Projekt Red *cough*
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1266 on: January 19, 2022, 02:50:20 AM »
I think for fans of the ip's Activison own, this will likely be better ultimately, from the game and service quality point of view. With the only big caveat that they most likely won't release on Playstation anymore. As I said, Microsoft has been doing good things with their ip's and services. Coming from someone who grew up with Nintendo/Sony exclusively. I sincerely hope Microsoft will use the potential of their studios and dares to swap ip's here and there (give Banjo to the guys that made the Spyro/Crash remakes and Crash 4 please).

From what I have heard the revenue of Activision+Microsoft (gaming) is still lower than Tencent and Playstation with the latest numbers. Or at least close. So in regards to competition the market is still healthy. And then there are the likes of EA, Nintendo, Bandai, Square etc. But I think gamepass will grow a lot in the future. It will be interesting how Sony's new post-PS now service will look.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1267 on: January 19, 2022, 04:21:19 AM »
As the first comment on Kotaku put it: "And then Disney buys Microsoft. And then Amazon buys Disney."

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1268 on: January 19, 2022, 04:32:58 AM »
As someone who only uses Steam, I don’t see how this will affect me personally. Subscription-based gaming is not something that I want, although I can see why someone would want that. I just hope Steam is here to stay, although the platform might want to get a reskin or update some stuff now and then.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1269 on: January 19, 2022, 05:09:24 AM »
The idea of the Crash and Spyro remaster teams doing Banjo almost has me drooling.

Coincidentally, Banjo-Kazooie comes to N64 online for the Switch tomorrow and I am all the hype.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1270 on: January 19, 2022, 07:50:36 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I feel this will be less bad for consumers than some people believe. It does not make sense for Microsoft to be a Call of Duty machine. They have multiple large FPS/shooter series with online multiplayer potential, so a yearly CoD schedule is not in their own best interest. And Microsoft has a vision for the Xbox platform to not be tied to a single device (PC, streaming, the Xboxes). See Flight Simulator for example. I would not be surprised if they go the FFXIV/Elder Scrolls online route with World of Warcraft. As in, console/mobile versions. They also aren't shy of making new RTS games (Age of Empires IV was a success), which could bode well for Starcraft or even Warcraft. And in general, because of the sheer volume of studio output they will have, rushing games will be less of a necessity (their revenue will be mostly gamepass, so it is not dependent as much on a specific release date).

Offline MusicMaker

« Reply #1271 on: January 19, 2022, 12:38:16 PM »
I'm a long-time Sony Playstation platform owner/gamer and an avid Overwatch player.

So the Microsoft acquisition of Blizzard-Activivision is not good news to me.  Best case, it works out OK for me.  But there are many other outcomes that would be terrible.  Things I DON'T want:
  • future Overwatch games go Microsoft-exclusive (or even if not exclusive, just no longer available on Sony consoles)
  • Overwatch goes subscription-only model
  • Overwatch goes subscription-favored model
  • Overwatch goes transactional battlepass model

That said, here are some things I *do* want, and might be possible under Microsoft (or any other non-Activision) leadership:
  • Stable, resourceful leadership with a good work environment that attracts talent
  • Blizzard (and "Team Four" specfically, as they oversee Overwatch) is left alone to "do their thing"
  • More content releases for Overwatch- be it as free regular content pushes to current game (maps, skins, heroes), release of "sequel" games (Overwatch 2, 3, etc.), or large (paid) DLC expansions/bundles (annual?  semi-annual?)
  • More lore (and especially cinematic) releases (short films, larger-form films, TV series, books, comics, etc.)
  • No rushed releases
  • No long-dormant states (like now), long periods without newcontent, with slow balancing and development changes
  • Overwatch stays a title that is enjoyed by casual gamers, and not just die-hard/competitive FPS players (the two do not have to be mutually exclusive, but if you have to lean one way or the other... lean casual!)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 12:43:47 PM by MusicMaker »

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1272 on: January 19, 2022, 03:00:34 PM »
It's pretty clear Microsoft is gunning to be the Netflix of gaming, and it's going to work.

I actually just got off browsing the xbox site. For the first time since I was 12, I actually entertained the idea of buying a new Xbox instead of a PS5.

Ultimately though, I think this is terrible for gaming.

Honestly though MS puts out a great product. I don't own an xbox (last xbox I had was the OG xbox) but I subscribe to the gampass on PC because the value is so good, $10 for all the newest games, ez decision.

I don't think Bobby is going to answer to anyone, he'll get a massive pay day and when the deal gets finalized with a massive golden parachute.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1273 on: January 19, 2022, 03:52:37 PM »
The idea of the Crash and Spyro remaster teams doing Banjo almost has me drooling.

Coincidentally, Banjo-Kazooie comes to N64 online for the Switch tomorrow and I am all the hype.

Already. Wow...I hope it doesn't have the save game bug that plagues Paper Mario. My brother experienced it and now I did too, and we both said screw it and stopped playing Paper Mario after our saves went back to when we acquired the first star.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1274 on: January 19, 2022, 04:11:23 PM »
I for the life of me can't understand how Nintendo fumbled the N64 emulation. It's a total joke.

I'm a long-time Sony Playstation platform owner/gamer and an avid Overwatch player.

So the Microsoft acquisition of Blizzard-Activivision is not good news to me.  Best case, it works out OK for me.  But there are many other outcomes that would be terrible.  Things I DON'T want:
  • future Overwatch games go Microsoft-exclusive (or even if not exclusive, just no longer available on Sony consoles)
  • Overwatch goes subscription-only model
  • Overwatch goes subscription-favored model
  • Overwatch goes transactional battlepass model

That said, here are some things I *do* want, and might be possible under Microsoft (or any other non-Activision) leadership:
  • Stable, resourceful leadership with a good work environment that attracts talent
  • Blizzard (and "Team Four" specfically, as they oversee Overwatch) is left alone to "do their thing"
  • More content releases for Overwatch- be it as free regular content pushes to current game (maps, skins, heroes), release of "sequel" games (Overwatch 2, 3, etc.), or large (paid) DLC expansions/bundles (annual?  semi-annual?)
  • More lore (and especially cinematic) releases (short films, larger-form films, TV series, books, comics, etc.)
  • No rushed releases
  • No long-dormant states (like now), long periods without newcontent, with slow balancing and development changes
  • Overwatch stays a title that is enjoyed by casual gamers, and not just die-hard/competitive FPS players (the two do not have to be mutually exclusive, but if you have to lean one way or the other... lean casual!)

I admittedly don't know much about Overwatch. But I would expect something like a battlepass with or without MS being involved, it is the new thing. OW was one of the major games doing lootboxes when that was the hot new thing. And Activision most certainly likes doing the latest things that print money. MS as well, any company really.

As for console exclusivity, I expect it. But online focused games may have a chance to remain on other platforms, as their main source of revenue is micro transactions. And for that you need all the audience you can get. Singleplayer experiences will not come to Playstation anymore, of that I am convinced.

But I assume Overwatch 2 is quite far into development when the Activision/MS deal is finalised (somewhere in 2023)?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1275 on: January 19, 2022, 04:18:43 PM »
I'm really not sure how many of the games can or should become exclusive to xbox/pc.  Like I got to imagine COD sales on PS are pretty damn worthy of keeping, but maybe someone can show a metric that makes you think moving off PS would increase xbox sales enough to justify the losses.  But as Erhao stated, microtransactions are such a huge source of income that having games on more platforms may still be the best way to make money.  Just speculating though.  I'm sure there's a bunch of games that would make sense to make exclusive to Microsoft's platforms.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1276 on: January 19, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
This kind of shit, along with micros and NFTs is going to lead to the next gaming crash

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1277 on: January 19, 2022, 04:47:58 PM »
This kind of shit, along with micros and NFTs is going to lead to the next gaming crash

I keep reading things about how crypto gaming is the future.  I am not ready at all to make such statements. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1278 on: January 19, 2022, 06:40:51 PM »
I think crypto will be in gaming for the time being but I don't see it getting any widespread adoption unless there is some real value add to a large player base to drive them to nfts/cryptos

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1279 on: January 19, 2022, 07:39:47 PM »

I keep reading things about how crypto gaming is the future.  I am not ready at all to make such statements.

I hope it will never take off - and if I'm wrong, I'll eat my shoes.  :lol If Nintendo ever gets into it then I'm just out of gaming entirely. I do not like where the industry is at right now or where it is heading, unfortunately. My outlook is pretty bleak admittedly. I really want to be wrong.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1280 on: January 20, 2022, 03:53:52 AM »
I have little faith in NFT's in general. Most people buying them have no clue what they are. They are a token linking you to an image stored somewhere on a server/elsewhere. The media itself is not actually on the blockchain (mostly, because that is excessively expensive to do). Nor do a whole lot of NFT's grant you any rights in regards to usage of the image, especially not those that are a part of a large ip (aka gaming NFT's sold by big publishers). And for most applications they are more expensive than existing solutions to a problem they are supposed to solve. But if people are willing to pay more of a premium because of the word NFT, companies will use it. I am not saying NFT's aren't going anywhere, but I am saying it seems mostly dumb if they are.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1281 on: January 20, 2022, 06:45:34 AM »

I hope it will never take off - and if I'm wrong, I'll eat my shoes.  :lol If Nintendo ever gets into it then I'm just out of gaming entirely. I do not like where the industry is at right now or where it is heading, unfortunately. My outlook is pretty bleak admittedly. I really want to be wrong.

While I agree that the NFT thing sucks as do microtransactions in games but I personally think it's never been a better time to be into gaming from a choice perspective. With gamepass, ps+, steam and epic game store sells you can get video games for dirt cheap. Yes microtransactions suck but game devs have been trying to suck money out of it's customer base since the dawn of the arcade machine.   

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1282 on: January 20, 2022, 06:54:04 AM »

While I agree that the NFT thing sucks as do microtransactions in games but I personally think it's never been a better time to be into gaming from a choice perspective. With gamepass, ps+, steam and epic game store sells you can get video games for dirt cheap. Yes microtransactions suck but game devs have been trying to suck money out of it's customer base since the dawn of the arcade machine.

Yes, but there's a stark difference between what is happening now and what was happening then, with a myriad of other issues tossed in for good measure. The industry is slimier and more corrupt than ever and more than ever before corporations are trying to squeeze every last dollar and cent out of their customers that they can. Sure back in the day they made games hard as hell so you spent all your quarters. Now you pay your online subscription fees, your DLC, your micros, your expansion packs, your umpteen special editions, while the corporations behind them don't pay their employees enough and overwork them to the point of mental and physical breakdowns, while the executives get disgustingly rich for relatively little work. And while it's great to be a consumer from a certain perspective, on the other hand it actually sucks especially if you really care about games as an art form and wanting the industry to be more consumer friendly, which it really isn't right now. EDIT: There are very few reasons that it's consumer friendly right now and one of them is just because of the insane amount of game choice the market has. It's better than ever in that regard, but that's not much consolation for me when I see companies like EA, AB, Ubisoft etc. vying for all the money under the sun. MS's acquisition might turn out to do some good but in the long run especially when Phil Spencer isn't there in the future I'm very concerned.

Just my two cents with my morning coffee; I know that all sounds doom and gloom and way more of a rant than I intended, but I care about these things, don't mind me  :lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 07:00:55 AM by Melphina »

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1283 on: January 20, 2022, 06:56:32 AM »

Yes, but there's a stark difference between what is happening now and what was happening then, with a myriad of other issues tossed in for good measure. The industry is slimier and more corrupt than ever and more than ever before corporations are trying to squeeze every last dollar and cent out of their customers that they can. Sure back in the day they made games hard as hell so you spent all your quarters. Now you pay your online subscription fees, your DLC, your micros, your expansion packs, your umpteen special editions, while the corporations behind them don't pay their employees enough and overwork them to the point of mental and physical breakdowns, while the executives get disgustingly rich for relatively little work. And while it's great to be a consumer from a certain perspective, on the other hand it actually sucks especially if you really care about games as an art form and wanting the industry to be more consumer friendly, which it really isn't right now.

I don't typically play them, so maybe I'm wrong here, but aren't there more indy games available that fall into that category than ever before?

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1284 on: January 20, 2022, 06:59:34 AM »
[Snip]

I don't typically play them, so maybe I'm wrong here, but aren't there more indy games available that fall into that category than ever before?

Oh for sure and that's definitely one good thing about the modern age of gaming. Soooo many small developers are being embraced by the industry, especially on the Switch, and their games are stupid cheap. Indie gaming is one of the bright spots in the industry right now. Some of the very best games are in that sector, without any of the bullshit that comes with the big expensive AAA games that could bankrupt an entire studio if it doesn't make buku bucks. Stardew Valley is the perfect example.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1285 on: January 20, 2022, 07:03:25 AM »
Have you read "Racing The Beam"? It's a brilliant book on the development of the Atari and all of the same practices we have now where there back then, the only difference is that there are more avenues to try and milk customers.

In the 90's you had console games that sold for $60+ in 90's money, hell some SNES games were $80. Your options were far more limited and if there was a bug in your game well too bad, it's what you have. I spend way, way less money now that I did when I was in high school buying video games.

With regards to overwork and mistreatment of employees that sucks, and the culture is terrible however it isn't compartmentalized to the video game industry. I'm a project manager for software development for a large bank and it's just as easy to get into a crunch situation with our applications. Internally we always work to improve it and get better but it happens.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1286 on: January 20, 2022, 07:08:23 AM »
You do raise some good points about the 90s. Although I personally am of the mentality that I'd rather pay $90 for a complete game like Chrono Trigger in the 90s than pay $60 for a modern AAA game that I know I'm more than likely going to have to pay even more for down the line at some point. I was born in 91 so a lot of that stuff went over my head when it was current. I'll check out the book because that sounds fascinating, thank you!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1287 on: January 20, 2022, 08:29:08 AM »
I personally think it's never been a better time to be into gaming from a choice perspective.

I think you may be right but don't let the people on reddit know that.  Every single game I follow on there is just filled with hate.   And not to say there aren't reasons to be mad at games in general these days, but it seems very few people see that gaming today is such a better experience than it was in the past even with all the modern issues (cheaters, unfinished games, microtransactions).

Offline Melphina

« Reply #1288 on: January 20, 2022, 09:01:33 AM »
It's both exponentially better and exponentially worse; there are many, many valid reasons to be pissed off at AAA game companies and their stupid money squeezing schemes so they can sell you less of a product for more money and to keep you playing an infinitely growing game with "roadmaps" so they keep you invested in their own ecosystem for as long as possible.   :( Games like Anthem are a prime example of why this high investment cost into a single game is dangerous and unhealthy.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1289 on: January 20, 2022, 09:03:28 AM »
I personally think it's never been a better time to be into gaming from a choice perspective.

I think you may be right but don't let the people on reddit know that.  Every single game I follow on there is just filled with hate.   And not to say there aren't reasons to be mad at games in general these days, but it seems very few people see that gaming today is such a better experience than it was in the past even with all the modern issues (cheaters, unfinished games, microtransactions).

r/NoMansSky is bursting at the seems with positivity, and r/Mordhau isn't a terrible place to be. r/Pokemon is hit or miss. Larger gaming subs on the whole though... yeah, I'm with you. Lots and lots of bitching. 

Speaking of Mordhau, part 1 of the Eastern Invasion package dropped recently, along with a few level re-works. I'm still having just as much fun as ever with that game, especially with some of the more recent changes. I'm still shit in 1v1 lobbies, but in large game modes like Invasion, I've been cleaning house lately.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1290 on: January 20, 2022, 09:13:02 AM »
My main problem with the modern gaming landscape is how many games are trying to be "services" that take up as much of your time as possible. As someone with way less free time than I did when I was 15, I don't have room in my life for even one 1000 hour experience, let alone the dozens each company is trying to sell to me.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1291 on: January 20, 2022, 09:15:32 AM »
It's both exponentially better and exponentially worse; there are many, many valid reasons to be pissed off at AAA game companies and their stupid money squeezing schemes so they can sell you less of a product for more money and to keep you playing an infinitely growing game with "roadmaps" so they keep you invested in their own ecosystem for as long as possible.   :( Games like Anthem are a prime example of why this high investment cost into a single game is dangerous and unhealthy.

I think about this a lot with GTA-Online. Thinking long-term, I don't know if I completely hate the idea. As time goes on, what if these developers could just keep adding to the world? What if in a future update, a land mass equally large to the existing one is added? And then in time another? Or what the future standalone GTA maps get added as flyable destinations in the online world? It could just continue to expand, with more characters, activities, and businesses.

I personally think a GTA map the size of CT or something would be rad. That takes huge resources and commitment though, and the only way to do that is with infinitely growing games, I think. You need a constant revenue stream for maintenance and future expansion. I don't think gaming will see truly massive maps just dropped on us. They're going to slowly grow from what's already existing or already in flight. I think GTA-Online has rewritten the genre, at least when it comes to online gaming. I hate the idea of paid seasons, reward crates, and all that stuff... but an infinitely expanding, virtual, Grand Theft Auto Metaverse? That sounds pretty cool to me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1292 on: January 20, 2022, 09:16:44 AM »
Speaking of Mordhau, part 1 of the Eastern Invasion package dropped recently, along with a few level re-works. I'm still having just as much fun as ever with that game, especially with some of the more recent changes. I'm still shit in 1v1 lobbies, but in large game modes like Invasion, I've been cleaning house lately.

It's like the same 1000 people playing that game.  I can't pick it back up, the skill gap is just too large. But I know the game is fun and that community does seem much better compared to a lot of others.

It's both exponentially better and exponentially worse; there are many, many valid reasons to be pissed off at AAA game companies and their stupid money squeezing schemes so they can sell you less of a product for more money and to keep you playing an infinitely growing game with "roadmaps" so they keep you invested in their own ecosystem for as long as possible.   :( Games like Anthem are a prime example of why this high investment cost into a single game is dangerous and unhealthy.

I don't disagree with any of that, but some AAA games are still really good even with all those issues but if you happen to say something positive you may get shit on in some of these public forums regardless.  God forbid I enjoy an hour of laid back sniping in Battlefield, I should be boycotting the game!  ::)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1293 on: January 20, 2022, 09:20:34 AM »
It's both exponentially better and exponentially worse; there are many, many valid reasons to be pissed off at AAA game companies and their stupid money squeezing schemes so they can sell you less of a product for more money and to keep you playing an infinitely growing game with "roadmaps" so they keep you invested in their own ecosystem for as long as possible.   :( Games like Anthem are a prime example of why this high investment cost into a single game is dangerous and unhealthy.

I think about this a lot with GTA-Online. Thinking long-term, I don't know if I completely hate the idea. As time goes on, what if these developers could just keep adding to the world? What if in a future update, a land mass equally large to the existing one is added? And then in time another? Or what the future standalone GTA maps get added as flyable destinations in the online world? It could just continue to expand, with more characters, activities, and businesses.

I personally think a GTA map the size of CT or something would be rad. That takes huge resources and commitment though, and the only way to do that is with infinitely growing games, I think. You need a constant revenue stream for maintenance and future expansion. I don't think gaming will see truly massive maps just dropped on us. They're going to slowly grow from what's already existing or already in flight. I think GTA-Online has rewritten the genre, at least when it comes to online gaming. I hate the idea of paid seasons, reward crates, and all that stuff... but an infinitely expanding, virtual, Grand Theft Auto Metaverse? That sounds pretty cool to me.

There was a nerdcubed video where he calculated that it is more time-efficient to to work a minimum wage job and buy cash cards than it is to play the actual game to get stuff in GTA V. The online bullshit put me off ever playing that game.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1294 on: January 20, 2022, 09:29:17 AM »

There was a nerdcubed video where he calculated that it is more time-efficient to to work a minimum wage job and buy cash cards than it is to play the actual game to get stuff in GTA V. The online bullshit put me off ever playing that game.

I just did some napkin math and that sounds about right  :lol I mean, if your goal is to amass every single thing in the game, yeah, I get it. But I have everything in that game I could want and I only bought a single $10 shark card like 6 years ago. Do I have all of the $1M+ hypercars? No. I have like 3. But I don't care. It's like real life. There's plenty of luxury out of reach, and I find fun where I can. Which is still plenty for me.