Author Topic: Mike Lepond's "Silent Assassins"  (Read 3954 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Mike Lepond's "Silent Assassins"
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2020, 03:18:26 PM »
At first, I was like WTF is this? Now I can't imagine the song without it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »
At first, I was like WTF is this? Now I can't imagine the song without it.

It's such a ballsy move, and you can tell they went out of their way to make it as out there as possible, but damn it's so fucking crazy, it's gold.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »
It's on spotify so I gave it a spin today. Not bad, really not bad at all. The epic with the country/blues part seems a bit all over the place and a little bit disjointed, but probably you have to listen to it several times before you can grab all of it. I will definitely return to this, and it gets me hyped for the new record.  :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2020, 01:49:51 PM »
It's on spotify so I gave it a spin today. Not bad, really not bad at all. The epic with the country/blues part seems a bit all over the place and a little bit disjointed, but probably you have to listen to it several times before you can grab all of it. I will definitely return to this, and it gets me hyped for the new record.  :metal
I just freakin love track 2 on this album "Black Legend"!  The main riff gets stuck in my head and the song has kind of a Judas Priest feel, but on steroids.  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2020, 11:37:37 AM »
 Thread Bump.  Has anyone heard or bought the new album Whore Of Babylon?   This album is absolutely great and I give it a 9/10.   
The only reason I don't give it a 10/10 is because track 5 is an abomination on an otherwise perfect metal/hard rock album.  I don't know what Lepond was thinking, but that chick on track 5 can't sing to save her life.
The other nine songs are just awesome and Alan Tecchio knocks it out of the park, and bass and guitars are stellar!  Perhaps the best bass guitar I've ever heard in a mix.  I highly recommend!   :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
Ides of March is up there on the potential song of the year list.

And yeah, that song with the chick is fucking terrible.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2020, 04:04:52 PM »
I've only listened to it once, but I really liked it. I have the first two, so I definitely plan on getting this. Just haven't had the time to get gat to it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 04:49:03 AM »
I've only listened to it once, but I really liked it. I have the first two, so I definitely plan on getting this. Just haven't had the time to get gat to it.

Bloody UFO!  >:(

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2020, 06:09:39 AM »
Hah! yes, pretty much has taken over. :lol

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
Wow, you guys don't think the vocals are kind of, um, screechy? 

I had to turn it off after two tracks, the vocals were like nails on a chalkboard

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2020, 02:49:35 PM »
Wow, you guys don't think the vocals are kind of, um, screechy? 

I had to turn it off after two tracks, the vocals were like nails on a chalkboard

His vocals are definitely an acquired taste.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2020, 12:13:33 PM »
It it Mike himself doing the singing?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »
It it Mike himself doing the singing?
Alan Tecchio is doing the singing. I wasn't sure about his vocals when I got the first cd, but they grew on me and he is definitely the right fit for this kind of classic metal type band. He's been in a few other bands and has done well.  Mike Lepond writes all the songs and does the bass and rhythm guitar tracks.
Also these albums are meant to be played loud on a big stereo, the mix sounds so much better. I was worried at first when I heard the vocal mix through my phone, but when I got the cd and cranked through a good sound system, it was fine.   :tup
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:34:39 PM by Architeuthis »

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2020, 01:03:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm afraid volume won't make that voice sound good to me.   He's pitchy as fuck, worse than Jon Arch

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »
Yeah, I'm afraid volume won't make that voice sound good to me.   He's pitchy as fuck, worse than Jon Arch
Hmm,  I didn't hear any pitch problems with Alan's vocals especially on this new release. However, the chick singing on track 5 is horrendous. She's very pitchy and her tone is just awkward to my ears. Now we're starting to sound like Simon Cowell..  :lol